Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3305875 times)

Offline cdgilbert

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #20960 on: April 29, 2019, 08:12:28 pm »
App on iPhone XS

Will there be a way to chromecast at a later date?

Just seen from email that this is coming soon.

Congratulations on the app!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #20961 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:09 pm »
Pretty sure they said that would be a thing at the end of the season when the videos go behind the paywall.

Because they're still on YouTube at the moment it doesn't work.
Thanks

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #20962 on: April 29, 2019, 08:34:33 pm »
Anyone else having issues signing in to the app?

Entered e-mail and what I thought was the password and it asks me to check details and try again.

Tried doing a password reset and it says e-mail address not found in database.

Have been able to download the Barca 07 special via Podcast Addict today so account working fine.

Just done a password reset via the website and now able to log in to the app
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #20963 on: April 29, 2019, 09:14:16 pm »
Just done a password reset via the website and now able to log in to the app

Same, that's the answer.

Looks great guys.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #20964 on: April 29, 2019, 11:04:58 pm »
They emailed me an authorisation code but when I type it in it comes up as ‘invalid code’  ???
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20965 on: April 29, 2019, 11:09:53 pm »
Do you need to log in every time you come back to it? Maybe that can be changed in the settings. And the app has frozen for me so can’t do anything at the moment. Will do the classic delete and reload.

Offline Carrafan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20966 on: April 30, 2019, 12:13:50 am »
Need the author’s name at top of articles on the app. At the mo, you can’t see who wrote each one.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #20967 on: April 30, 2019, 12:33:59 am »
Need the author’s name at top of articles on the app. At the mo, you can’t see who wrote each one.

We’re on that
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20968 on: April 30, 2019, 04:56:40 am »
The app looks really nice, but...

1) Do you have to login each time?

2) App crashed three times when trying to download audio (iPhone version), so I had to switch back to the podcast app

Offline Mcbain

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20969 on: April 30, 2019, 06:35:58 am »
I had that, but once I opened the "Profile" section it seemed to do a refresh of my subscription status and it all started working

The app looks excellent, well done to all involved

Yep that did the trick for me as well

Spacebastard
The rain drops

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #20970 on: April 30, 2019, 08:45:47 am »

1) Do you have to login each time?

Came in to ask the same thing. Assuming there is (or will be) an option to 'stay signed in'?

Also, when you download an episode, how long are those downloads retained? I downloaded a couple of episodes yesterday and this morning there was nothing showing in that area. Do they get deleted once they've been listened to? Do they get deleted once you've been signed out?

Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20971 on: April 30, 2019, 09:01:51 am »
Also, when you download an episode, how long are those downloads retained? I downloaded a couple of episodes yesterday and this morning there was nothing showing in that area. Do they get deleted once they've been listened to? Do they get deleted once you've been signed out?
I've had this problem as well.  Some of the downloads don't appear when I re-open the app and some seem to have downloaded twice.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20972 on: April 30, 2019, 09:04:52 am »
Really liking the app so far. Great work everyone involved.

As for feedback, I agree with those mentioning a night mode / dark mode setting. Especially for reading articles at night, this would help a lot.

Another thing I noticed, although this is nitpicking a bit - when scrolling through an article, the black bar at the top with the back button is quite big, and since it contrasts with the article, it distracts from it a bit and limits the space for the article.

Ideally, the app would handle this how Google Chrome handles its address bar on a phone - when you scroll down a page, the bar hides so that you have the full page taken up with content. When you scroll back up a bit, the bar reappears. Alternatively, when an article is first loaded at the moment, the bar is transparent - if it stayed like that, it wouldn't distract as much as it does currently.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #20973 on: April 30, 2019, 01:54:41 pm »
Worked for me yesterday it keeps crashing at the moment. Can't open it up at all.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20974 on: April 30, 2019, 02:00:42 pm »
Don't think this is fair or accurate to be honest. There are issues from time to time but they are rare given the amount of video we put out. If you don't watch much you're probably not best placed to comment on the frequency of issues, mate. When we do have them we know, and we're always looking to improve.

I don't watch the video stuff in a devoted manner because so much of it overlaps with the audio content IMHO. The sound is only a minor annoyance but it is worth noting.

I know the challenges of doing audio production on such a quick turnaround. Add to it the amount you lads are doing and it's got to be super-difficult. You're not exactly doing multiple takes in studio conditions and loads of it is being recorded in "challenging" environments, e.g. actual pubs, and whatever that gigantic atrium space is.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20975 on: April 30, 2019, 03:17:07 pm »
Each section badly needs a filter, by the way. Giant pain in the hoop scrolling through thousands of podcasts to find old AFQ’s etc.
Yes, agree with this "Filter by show" along with a search box would be useful for the podcast and video lists.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #20976 on: April 30, 2019, 04:39:49 pm »
Pleased with the app, works well! Couple of things although it works with CarPlay be good if the app was displayed on the CarPlay screen so you could access it and put whatever audio show on, like you can with the iPhone podcast app. And also like the podcast when you get a call it stops and actually goes back about 5 seconds when you come off the call. Where as this seems to have carry on for a few seconds when a you get a call.
Obviously these are just minor issues and you can see a lot have time and effort has gone into it, to get it as good as poss from the off 👍
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20977 on: April 30, 2019, 08:57:55 pm »
Yes, agree with this "Filter by show" along with a search box would be useful for the podcast and video lists.

Also a 'home' or 'back to top' option to save having to scroll right back up or click in and out of the section to get back to the start of the list.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20978 on: April 30, 2019, 09:38:29 pm »
Where do the downloads save to on your phone? Is it taking up phone memory or can you choose to  save them to an SD card? My phone is really low on memory until I get an upgrade and could do with using as little as possible!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #20979 on: May 1, 2019, 07:47:12 am »
Looks really good the app.

Obviously there will be a few things to sort as you go along.

1 things for me.

Will it say who wrote each article? It doesn't say at the top. Unless I'm going mad.

Will you be able to comment on articles like on the website?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #20980 on: May 1, 2019, 11:16:37 am »
i'd like to signup for this month only
can i do it in a one-off payment or would I have to subscribe then cancel later ?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #20981 on: May 1, 2019, 01:42:06 pm »
App is quality. Really easy to use. Love the new account credits to give a few videos a go.

Would be nice if there was a search function to it or a way of filtering off certain shows for example

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20982 on: May 1, 2019, 01:57:24 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or just my phone being funky, but the inline control on the iPhone headphones (i.e. the pause/play button on the headphones itself) doesn't seem to start/stop the podcast in the app. Anyone else have that?

Otherwise seems pretty great so far!

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20983 on: May 1, 2019, 02:05:35 pm »
Is the app only for paid subscribers or can anyone use it?

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20984 on: May 1, 2019, 03:25:37 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or just my phone being funky, but the inline control on the iPhone headphones (i.e. the pause/play button on the headphones itself) doesn't seem to start/stop the podcast in the app. Anyone else have that?

Otherwise seems pretty great so far!
Headphone controls didn't work for me either on Android.

One oddity with Android as well, the podcast notification from the TAW app is "sticky" and can't be swiped away even if the podcast is paused. It stays there until you close the app. That's different to how Pocket Casts and other podcast/music apps work. Hopefully it can be changed at some point.

Is the app only for paid subscribers or can anyone use it?
Anyone can use it. Articles, some shows and some videos are free. If you subscribe and log in it unlocks more shows and videos.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #20985 on: May 1, 2019, 03:46:48 pm »
Keep getting signed out of the app - is that because I am logged in via the browser?

The settings section takes a while to load for me too.

And when I try and listen to the Guillem Balague special, it says it is premium content and I have no tokens? Yet I can listed to it via the browser and the Apple Podcast app.

Guess there will be a snagging period, but it looks really good so far.

EDIT: Followed the advice on the previous page to refresh my account and it's now working.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #20986 on: May 1, 2019, 07:15:06 pm »
Emilia Bona getting pelters on Twitter. Seems her chief crime is that she’s a presentable looking young woman with an opinion in her head. Honestly, fellas spending their time being cruel to women...why?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20987 on: May 1, 2019, 10:02:36 pm »
Emilia Bona getting pelters on Twitter. Seems her chief crime is that she’s a presentable looking young woman with an opinion in her head. Honestly, fellas spending their time being cruel to women...why?

How does a young woman get herself listed on the Fitzy Presentability Index?

What a weird take on things.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20988 on: May 2, 2019, 11:43:22 am »
Excellent post match pint. 'Fuck off' ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #20989 on: May 2, 2019, 11:48:33 am »
I need a gif of Atko downing a wine bottle

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20990 on: May 2, 2019, 12:01:16 pm »

Thought Josh had it wrong but it’s post match and obviously frustrating, especially in the ground. Think Robbo always gets the balance spot on after a disappointing result (it’s been a while to be fair!).

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20991 on: May 2, 2019, 12:03:14 pm »
Yeah, I saw that. Twitter really is an absolute cesspit. There's times I've logged on there in the morning and within 5 minutes, I'm instantly depressed.
There seems to be a certain section of male football fans that just can't deal with women talking about football, or even about anything. I don't get it either. Some sort of weird insecurity issues I can only think.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20992 on: May 2, 2019, 12:04:46 pm »
Yeah haha I loved that. Guttman was hilarious. ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #20993 on: May 2, 2019, 12:12:31 pm »
Yeah haha I loved that. Guttman was hilarious. ;D

I'll have to give it a watch. Him and Neil have been sorely missed on the content this week. The pods have been filled with more banter and boring bravado than any resemblance of analysis.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20994 on: May 2, 2019, 12:18:14 pm »
I'll have to give it a watch. Him and Neil have been sorely missed on the content this week. The pods have been filled with more banter and boring bravado than any resemblance of analysis.
Yeah, I agree. It's right that they praise the team when we're doing well, and we have been doing really well. But the endless cheerleading can just get a bit tedious. Some of TAW best shows down the years have come when we're not doing so well, or after disappointing losses. Would like to see more of Mike Nevin too, around some of these season defining games.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20995 on: May 2, 2019, 01:29:23 pm »

Got my shows mixed up and only just watched this one. A thing of melancholy beauty. :D
« Last Edit: May 2, 2019, 01:33:02 pm by BIG DICK NICK »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #20996 on: May 2, 2019, 01:32:39 pm »
Post match pint was class..you don't swig wine like that unless you want a hangover!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #20997 on: May 2, 2019, 02:26:46 pm »

Nail on the head here. Its all gone towards this forced bravado and its all soundbites by a lot of them. Im not anti positive, Paul Cope is probably my favorite presenter but the some of them are just waffling crap to be honest. Last nights post match pint was the best of the season simply because there was good honest debate portrayed in a fun/drunkenness manner
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20998 on: May 2, 2019, 04:12:34 pm »
I've just clicked on The Review and wanted to pop in and say  :thumbup  Sean Rogers, absolutely brilliant opening few minutes, couldn't agree more.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #20999 on: May 2, 2019, 04:18:25 pm »
But the endless cheerleading can just get a bit tedious.

Got to agree with this.

I think the previews shows before Barcelona were particularly guilty of this. It felt like there was a giddiness that overspilt a bit and probably hindered the conversation on certain pods. Others will have loved that element I imagine. The best pre-match pod was the Balague one since at least it offered some balance and a narrative that Barcelona would still be favourites.'m all for people being positive about The Reds. There always needs to be perspective. There always needs to be balance too. That was lacking a bit this week, apart from Gareth's contributions.

I've said it before but I think the biggest issue TAW have is when there is only sporadic contributions from the likes of Neil, Rob, Gareth, Mike Nevin, Mo . They genuinely bring insight and can pull the conversations in different directions. They get the best out of other contributors like John, Lizzy, Paul Senior, Craig, Josh, Dan Austin, Ben, Adam Smith and others.

Without them there I just don't think TAW offers the same level of output. It becomes a little less insightful and a bit more chaotic, talking nonsense (in the politest possible sense) with your mates output. Others will massively disagree and will love the more chaotic and optimistic nature that the likes of Gibbo brings shows when he hosts.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.