Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718075 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #54120 on: November 10, 2019, 10:25:33 pm »
Deserve all this shit and more for the pathetic way they treated their greatest ever manager.

Well said, how they treated Wenger towards the end was a discrace
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #54121 on: November 10, 2019, 11:47:02 pm »
That was the summer the recruitment team wanted that Van Dijk from Celtic and Brendan turned it down
That’s the summer he wanted Ashley Williams
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54122 on: November 11, 2019, 07:39:26 am »
I'd forgotten about that one.   :o

Didn't he want to sell Agger to fund a move for some 19 year old from Swansea

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #54123 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:00 am »
Ornstein's piece for The Athletic has an interesting tidbit re: Aubameyang. Arsenal have taken issue with his relationship with AFTV. He's been asked to stop engaging with Troopz, who he invites to his executive box. Team mates and staff are also unhappy with Aubameyang liking contentious AFTV material, although some admit what he's done is smart, because it makes him immune to criticism. Unsurprisingly, many at the club think AFTV has led to the increase in criticisms towards certain players and an upsurge in negativity

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54124 on: November 11, 2019, 11:57:24 am »
Ornstein's piece for The Athletic has an interesting tidbit re: Aubameyang. Arsenal have taken issue with his relationship with AFTV. He's been asked to stop engaging with Troopz, who he invites to his executive box. Team mates and staff are also unhappy with Aubameyang liking contentious AFTV material, although some admit what he's done is smart, because it makes him immune to criticism. Unsurprisingly, many at the club think AFTV has led to the increase in criticisms towards certain players and an upsurge in negativity

Doesn't need AFTV for that. Turn on Sky Sports or BT Sports and you'll see guys like Xhaka & Mustafi get a pasting from the analysts on there. Not sure what AFTV adds that these guys haven't already said.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54125 on: November 11, 2019, 12:41:18 pm »
he shouldn’t be liking some of it but troopz to be fair calls him out when he’s had a shit game (did at the weekend), surprised they haven’t stopped Robbie doing the videos outside the ground and generally make his life more difficult (or just ban him and the likes of troopz and DT)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #54126 on: November 11, 2019, 12:51:44 pm »
Doesn't need AFTV for that. Turn on Sky Sports or BT Sports and you'll see guys like Xhaka & Mustafi get a pasting from the analysts on there. Not sure what AFTV adds that these guys haven't already said.

AFTV are a whole differfent level though, they seem to set the standard for these fan tv channels, and that's not a compliment, so I can't blame Arsenal's hiarachy for maybe getting mad at the whole thing. 

There's a reason that fans from other teams openly state on forums, twitter, FB or wherever that they can't wait for AFTV after an Arsenal game, it's huge.

It doesn't help a team with troubles one bit, but those who own and run AFTV of course don't care, as it's making them a lot of money.

I can't stand the by comparison mild LFC version, the Arsenal version is an out of control monster, and it does have a baring on the atmosphere around the club. 

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #54127 on: November 11, 2019, 02:16:13 pm »
Yeah, quite straightforward on how this can affect team spirit. A player who's close with a very vocal and well-known fan channel who traffics in negative criticism or at least have the rep of doing so is made captain. And you've players like Bellerin who've expressed their dislike for them.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54128 on: November 11, 2019, 05:30:03 pm »
The AFTV guys can be over the top, but do they pick the team every week? Are they the ones who send out a confused team with no defensive shape? Are they in charge of subs? I could go on for a long time about how this sounds like a poor attempt to blame the failings of a manager and staff on the fans again.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54129 on: November 11, 2019, 08:27:23 pm »
Aubameyang had his say on his insta stories, basically I speak to who I want innit bloodclaat

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54130 on: November 11, 2019, 08:42:53 pm »
The AFTV guys can be over the top, but do they pick the team every week? Are they the ones who send out a confused team with no defensive shape? Are they in charge of subs? I could go on for a long time about how this sounds like a poor attempt to blame the failings of a manager and staff on the fans again.

It's a constant thing, we're even having the 'it was shameful how they treated Wenger' lot come out again.  Wenger was perhaps given the most patience of any manager in the past 20 years, he did wonders for many years but ended up with 63 points at the end of the season after losing 11 games away (to put that in context, Liverpool now have 34 points after less than a third of the season gone). It was time for him to go and even the most ardent Wenger supporters realised it wasn't looking like it'd turn around.

The players are on fantastic money and I can't believe Emery is totally clueless (nor was Wenger, mind you), but the players just aren't seemingly responding to what they're told.  This guy didn't win so many Europa cups because he happened to luck through the games, he clearly at some level knows what he is doing, but for some reason there seems a deep malaise at Arsenal which is holding the club back.  In some ways it reminds me of the huge expectations Liverpool fans had under Rodgers and under Klopp pre-CL win - the difference is the fanbase is far more divided at Arsenal, and the match day fans are of a different sort.  I'm not sure we can definitively say the Emery reign is completely over (he is currently just about making the club perform to top 4 standard), but if he loses many more games I can't help but think he's got until new year at the latest.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54131 on: November 11, 2019, 09:24:31 pm »
Oh look, everybody on the footballing side of the club has failed miserably since Tony Blair left office, let's blame something totally inconsequential to try and deflect attention from the real problems.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #54132 on: November 11, 2019, 10:42:29 pm »
I don't think anyone is saying that AFTV are responsible for Arsenal struggling or going backwards. But they do perhaps contribute a little towards the moody atmosphere and deteriorating relations between players and fans...?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54133 on: November 11, 2019, 10:43:13 pm »
I don't think anyone is saying that AFTV are responsible for Arsenal struggling or going backwards. But they do perhaps contribute a little towards the moody atmosphere and deteriorating relations between players and fans...?

AFTV has existed for about 6,7 years, and when they were winning FA cups every year, no one had an issue with them. They're an easy scapegoat.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #54134 on: November 11, 2019, 10:53:02 pm »
You’ve got that Robbie popping up on MOTD now in a little box as the highlights are shown

If I was an Arsenal fan I’d want him whipped through the streets. He’s literally made gold from misery and knows exactly what he’s up to

Every single one of them on that are completely reactionary apart from one well spoken fella with a beard. He’s the only one with a brain. Think he’s called Mo or similar
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54135 on: November 11, 2019, 11:02:08 pm »
You’ve got that Robbie popping up on MOTD now in a little box as the highlights are shown

If I was an Arsenal fan I’d want him whipped through the streets. He’s literally made gold from misery and knows exactly what he’s up to

But then that's what a lot of media is. If something is going wrong it attracts press. I mean listen to BBC 606 - sometimes it's like they invite people from the universe of Mad Max to call in. The controversy sells and it's not AFCTV's fault that they are getting more attention in recent times because of bad form. It's just part of the footballing circus.

That said I don't watch it, so maybe he does something differently, I could be wrong.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #54136 on: November 11, 2019, 11:18:45 pm »
AFTV has existed for about 6,7 years, and when they were winning FA cups every year, no one had an issue with them. They're an easy scapegoat.
But when things were going well the fans on AFTV weren't being so poisonous or such dicks. There's a growing toxicity to the Arsenal fanbase. It's not caused by AFTV but their putting it out there, so in-yer-face, moments after every bad moment and reversal probably doesn't help.

This applies to all similar fan channels for other clubs during tough times. There's a vicious circle of lead and follow when times are bad just as there's an equivalent virtuous circle when times are good. But the two aren't equivalent in worth or effect.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54137 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:57 pm »
But when things were going well the fans on AFTV weren't being so poisonous or such dicks. There's a growing toxicity to the Arsenal fanbase. It's not caused by AFTV but their putting it out there, so in-yer-face, moments after every bad moment and reversal probably doesn't help.

This applies to all similar fan channels for other clubs during tough times. There's a vicious circle of lead and follow when times are bad just as there's an equivalent virtuous circle when times are good. But the two aren't equivalent in worth or effect.
how is this different to the likes of 606 and other phone in shows that have existed for decades?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #54138 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:30 pm »
But then that's what a lot of media is. If something is going wrong it attracts press. I mean listen to BBC 606 - sometimes it's like they invite people from the universe of Mad Max to call in. The controversy sells and it's not AFCTV's fault that they are getting more attention in recent times because of bad form. It's just part of the footballing circus.

That said I don't watch it, so maybe he does something differently, I could be wrong.

Well I compulsively watch. It’s a guilty pleasure

He’s supposed to be a fan this Robbie

That channel is supposed to be for Arsenal fans. But there I am sat with a brew, casting it to my tv like it’s game of fucking thrones. And Robbie knows full well I and millions of others like me exist and he gives us what we want

The people he interviews are pure circus. All with their own particular insanity and he knows just how to rile each one. One bloke using every last possible phrase in the book of Jive talk. Ironically asking him if he ‘understan’ every 20 seconds. Another bloke with tattoos on his face who’s possibly the most reactionary man in the world. Jibbering with delight at a win suggesting the team ‘did what I’ve been saying’ then a loss he’s out to kill, suggesting sackings of all comers like he’s the CO of a company just before he jumps out of a window . Another two usually interviewed together an old bloke called Claud and another small guy called Ty

Claud is literally on the very brink of a nervous breakdown has lost what hair he had when it all started and can be seen in other clips mournfully rubbing his bald head with insanity going off behind him and Ty is genuinely certifiable. He looks like he’s run through the club shop in a super market sweep challenge before being interviewed and his comments are such ridiculous and purposefully misplaced positivity he is the very proof that the whole thing is a huge money making sham
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #54139 on: November 11, 2019, 11:30:16 pm »
how is this different to the likes of 606 and other phone in shows that have existed for decades?
Well it is a concentrated dose about that one team only, after every game. And the recurring 'stars' just add to the problem as viewers start identifying with them and taking sides and following.

All I'm saying is that if your not careful these things can form a feedback loop just amplifying the tensions and toxicity rather than dissipating it.

Anyway it's not my club, I don't really care. It was just a thought

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54140 on: November 11, 2019, 11:32:32 pm »
So what, are Sky, BT and talkshite the only media outlets allowed to make money from football?

heaven forbid a man from the streets do well for himself

As Gerry pointed out, just scapegoats for the shite performing millionaire footballers and multi million pound owners

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #54141 on: November 11, 2019, 11:37:28 pm »
So what, are Sky, BT and talkshite the only media outlets allowed to make money from football?

Youve gone full Worzel Gummidge there mate

As Gerry pointed out, just scapegoats for the shite performing millionaire footballers and multi million pound owners
Can't speak for anyone else but for my part as I was only talking about fans and fan behaviour, as already stated.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #54142 on: November 12, 2019, 03:22:14 am »
Best tweet ever, imo:

Chris Gaines
‏ @bertinbertin
Nov 2

Emery is the Steve Bruce of David Moyeses.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #54143 on: November 12, 2019, 04:11:54 am »

Good point, AFTV upsets their apple cart and challenges for their media revenue. The existing powers aren't going to let that be without pushback.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54144 on: November 12, 2019, 09:49:42 am »
The players are on fantastic money and I can't believe Emery is totally clueless (nor was Wenger, mind you), but the players just aren't seemingly responding to what they're told.  This guy didn't win so many Europa cups because he happened to luck through the games, he clearly at some level knows what he is doing, but for some reason there seems a deep malaise at Arsenal which is holding the club back.  In some ways it reminds me of the huge expectations Liverpool fans had under Rodgers and under Klopp pre-CL win - the difference is the fanbase is far more divided at Arsenal, and the match day fans are of a different sort.  I'm not sure we can definitively say the Emery reign is completely over (he is currently just about making the club perform to top 4 standard), but if he loses many more games I can't help but think he's got until new year at the latest.

A team needs to be able to defend to get results. Either by having players within the team (especially midfield) that have some defensive nous about them, in addition to having a manager that can first coach players into a shape and style without the ball, but almost as importantly, motivate them to want to get back into shape, to press and win the ball back, to track runners from midfield etc.

The problem is, we lack the players with defensive instinct, coupled with the fact it looks like the players have lost that 5-10% motivation to put in that extra graft under Emery. That's why we are so poor at stopping other teams from creating chances. When you lose that belief, that's all it takes sometimes, and it's difficult to get back without a drastic change.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:51:19 am by ScottishGoon »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54145 on: November 12, 2019, 12:48:31 pm »
A team needs to be able to defend to get results. Either by having players within the team (especially midfield) that have some defensive nous about them, in addition to having a manager that can first coach players into a shape and style without the ball, but almost as importantly, motivate them to want to get back into shape, to press and win the ball back, to track runners from midfield etc.

The problem is, we lack the players with defensive instinct, coupled with the fact it looks like the players have lost that 5-10% motivation to put in that extra graft under Emery. That's why we are so poor at stopping other teams from creating chances. When you lose that belief, that's all it takes sometimes, and it's difficult to get back without a drastic change.

It's not just that you lack players with ''defensive instinct'' you lack a manager who cares enough about defending.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54146 on: November 12, 2019, 01:02:29 pm »

Sounds like a job for Mourinho...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54147 on: November 12, 2019, 01:30:48 pm »
Ironically, on a purely tactical and organisational level, Mourinho is just what they need.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54148 on: November 12, 2019, 01:53:22 pm »
Good point, AFTV upsets their apple cart and challenges for their media revenue. The existing powers aren't going to let that be without pushback.

While there is nothing wrong with them making money from the club, now that their audience has expanded beyond arsenal fans, there is the potential for a vicious cycle where they make more from being negative, which makes their crowds more negative and the team gets no benefit from a good crowd. Look at how often our players or manager have credited our crowds with giving them a boost in games, far less chance of that for arsenal.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54149 on: November 12, 2019, 01:58:14 pm »
One last thing I forgot to mention.

Good ebenin

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54150 on: November 12, 2019, 02:08:28 pm »
Ironically, on a purely tactical and organisational level, Mourinho is just what they need.

Your most probably right....certainly to start with, until his poisonous alter ego appears round about the end of season 2 before taking full grip around season 3 and causing the club to implode.

Maybe a 2 year contract would work.   ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54151 on: November 12, 2019, 02:09:37 pm »
You should go after Rafa.

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #54152 on: November 12, 2019, 02:12:38 pm »
I just want to add that it is fantastic that so many are calling on ownership to sack Emery and somehow snatch Brendan away from Leicester.
No doubt he's gotten a whiff of this and had a cocky smirk! 

(After all the mocking Brendan took from so many other fanbases (and some in LFC's) I'm tickled he's getting this sort of explicit respect. Good on him.)

Also, I'm with rushyman in enjoying the AFTV meltdown videos.  Pure entertainment.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #54153 on: November 12, 2019, 04:24:05 pm »

Now this looks like a job for me
So Arsenal just sack Emery
'Cause we need a little controversy
'Cause it feels so empty without me

Better looking than Samie.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54154 on: November 14, 2019, 02:38:31 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50404854

Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is returning to football after he agreed to become Fifa's new chief of global football development.

Corruption I didn't see it... ;)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54155 on: November 14, 2019, 06:38:44 am »

:lmao

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54156 on: November 14, 2019, 08:54:24 am »

;D ;D

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #54157 on: November 20, 2019, 08:47:54 am »
Arsenal appear to have lost out, after all Spurs being the club that they should have been.

Although, they can do a lot worse than giving Mourinho's old sparring partner a call in China. Bet the neutrals would love that.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #54158 on: November 20, 2019, 09:13:45 am »
Arsenal’s next move couldn’t be more obvious now.  If they haven’t already reached out to Pochettino, hell mend them.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #54159 on: November 20, 2019, 09:20:16 am »
Arsenal’s next move couldn’t be more obvious now.  If they haven’t already reached out to Pochettino, hell mend them.

Really? That move would be pretty badly received universally and that strife won't be worth any gains it could beget. Pochettino himself would be a fool to consider it particularly as he only has to bide his time for the Real Madrid or Manchester United jobs.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'