Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 327258 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Superman/Batman film coming 2015
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 01:55:01 am »
Could we have 73 more superhero movies please? We've really been missing out lately.  :P
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 02:46:47 am »
I don't see why people think it's difficult.

Batman will be in the movie. Not introduced during it, in the movie. It won't be Bale. It can be anyone they choose playing whatever type of Batman they need. So he can have a Batwing to fly around, he can have futuristic, unrealistic gadgets that help him keep up with Superman.

A giant fucking suit of armor maybe. It'll be awesome.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013, 02:51:48 am »

Batman will be in the movie. Not introduced during it, in the movie. It won't be Bale. It can be anyone they choose playing whatever type of Batman they need. So he can have a Batwing to fly around, he can have futuristic, unrealistic gadgets that help him keep up with Superman.

As long as he beats the ever living fuck out of super knickers, I don't care what they do :D
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2013, 05:54:28 am »
The idea from Goyer was to make Superman more realistic and basically make MoS a first contact movie. After going to all that trouble there's then no point in adding a more comic booky version of Batman.

This movie is supposed to introduce a new Batman! How the hell do you do that and still make this a Batman/Superman movie. There are too many things that just don't add up. For me, either you use Nolan/Bale's Batman in MoS 2 or, if you insist on rebooting Batman (far far too early imo), then you need another Batman stand alone first.

You'd be crazy not to be as anxious as you may be excited about this. Far too many things could go wrong here.

Already seen Karl Urban's name being mentioned for Batman along with, God forbid, Armie Hammer.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2013, 06:17:36 am »
This movie is supposed to introduce a new Batman! How the hell do you do that and still make this a Batman/Superman movie. There are too many things that just don't add up. For me, either you use Nolan/Bale's Batman in MoS 2 or, if you insist on rebooting Batman (far far too early imo), then you need another Batman stand alone first.

A new actor playing a well established character from a different continuity. It's really not that hard to grasp.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Superman/Batman film coming 2015
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2013, 06:20:10 am »
Could we have 73 more superhero movies please? We've really been missing out lately.  :P

Conservative estimate.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:01 am »

That screenshot may as well be concept art for the film - surely Val Kilmer's making a return!

Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 09:59:48 am »
The idea from Goyer was to make Superman more realistic and basically make MoS a first contact movie. After going to all that trouble there's then no point in adding a more comic booky version of Batman.

You'd be crazy not to be as anxious as you may be excited about this. Far too many things could go wrong here.

Already seen Karl Urban's name being mentioned for Batman along with, God forbid, Armie Hammer.

Not comicy like "POW" "BIFF" style Batman, but just a little less realistic than Nolan's version.

The Arkham style universe makes more and more sense the more I think about it. Youve got a badass Batman, whos a master detective, its realistic but its just set aside enough that the villains look believable.

His suit is halfway between a comic version, and Nolan's ultra realistic one. He has a shit ton of gadgets, most of which would look odd in the Nolanverse but work here

You just need to set him apart a little bit, so that both an alien shooting laser beams, and any superpowered villains look like they fit into the universe.

You need it to be believable so that a villain like, say, Poison Ivy can look like this:

and you dont get sucked out of the story.

As for the worries over a new Batman, this is actually a better way of doing it than a stand alone reboot. Everyone is fresh with the story and origin of Batman, they dont need another origin film. Its like the new Spider-Man reboot, the film was crap because it was rehashing everything we had seen 10 years ago.

Just decide on a version of Batman, lob him in and it will work. As long as he isnt uber realistic and works in the same universe as this Superman.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

It could be awesome, if they get someone to make the film who can make a good one. They have got Zack Snyder.

That means it will be shit. There is no point debating the concept, idea, casting or whatever. The director is crap and as such, the film will inevitably be crap. They may get a good trailer and everyone will get excited. But then, you will go into the cinema and you will come out deaf and have a splitting headache. Then you will reflect on how you should have stayed at home and watched Hot Fuzz on ITV2 instead.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2013, 12:10:01 pm »
It could be awesome, if they get someone to make the film who can make a good one. They have got Zack Snyder.

That means it will be shit. There is no point debating the concept, idea, casting or whatever. The director is crap and as such, the film will inevitably be crap. They may get a good trailer and everyone will get excited. But then, you will go into the cinema and you will come out deaf and have a splitting headache. Then you will reflect on how you should have stayed at home and watched Hot Fuzz on ITV2 instead.

You don't like him do you :)

I understand that he is not everyone's cup of tea and I will certainly concede that he can't be considered a premier director but I don't get this hatred for him. He's not Michael Bay!

One thing you can say about him is that he is a brave director and he doesn't always take the easy project like some do. I thought his work on Dawn of the Dead was excellent. 300 was decent for what it was. Suker Punch was a mess but a very interesting concept with good ideas that was poorly executed. Watchmen (much like Man of Steel) seems to split opinion right down the middle but he was very true to the work on that one and the fanboy reaction was decent.

He took on Man of Steel when Superman seemed like a poisoned chalice, he did 300 which could have gone horribly wrong, he attempted Sucker Punch, and also re-invented Dawn of the Dead. He also didn't hold back with Watchmen. All i'm saying is that he takes chances rather than some who just re-hash the same old crap over and over again (Bay, Sixth Sense fella, Burton etc).

I am as worried as anyone that this fucks up Batman and Superman in one fell swoop but I just don't think Snyder is as bad as some make out.

Its also abit strange that Goyer is writing it since he's already re-invented Batman once, they want him to do it again. Essentialy they are telling him to tear down what he spent 10 years building and start again despite what he had previously done being a huge success. BTW I would suggest that Goyer has a spotty a record as Snyder does :) My point would be that if you are going to basically re-do Batman you may as well start from scratch and get someone in who hasn't been re-imagining the character as a gritty detective for the last 10 years.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 12:14:29 pm »

It would be awesome to see the badass Batman from the comics especially if they're looking to The Dark Knight Returns as inspiration. Still like Bale's version though :)

If they went more comic book you could see Batman being Han Solo to Superman's Luke Skywalker.

Online redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 12:27:14 pm »
Not comicy like "POW" "BIFF" style Batman, but just a little less realistic than Nolan's version.

The Arkham style universe makes more and more sense the more I think about it. Youve got a badass Batman, whos a master detective, its realistic but its just set aside enough that the villains look believable.

His suit is halfway between a comic version, and Nolan's ultra realistic one. He has a shit ton of gadgets, most of which would look odd in the Nolanverse but work here

I 100% agree. I think if Batman were to be completely rebooted again (which looks like is happening). The Arkham series is where they should go for inspiration.

It's dark and gritty yet still has the exaggerated, escapism, comic book factor that Nolan's Batman didn't have. It'd be awesome to see villians we're yet to see on screen such as Killer Croc who wouldn't have worked in Nolans world.

The games are fricking awesome and i'd have no doubt a film set in this Universe would equally be.....

Or they could just go back to Schumacher's Universe for a true sequel to Batman and Robin :-X 

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 12:33:58 pm »
Love the idea of Arkham Batman.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2013, 01:09:33 pm »

If they went more comic book you could see Batman being Han Solo to Superman's Luke Skywalker.

Yeah I think thats what it will be like.

Superman is the clean cut, bit dull, typical hero.

Batman the rougue badass that everyone loves and wants to be. Does it his own way, will piss off Superman but gets the job done.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »
comon, Dexter as Batman...you know it make sense
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »
This just sounds beyond dreadful .......,

Why, just why?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »
This just sounds beyond dreadful .......,

Why, just why?

What sounds dreadful about it?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »
They've been at pains to point out that the Batman in this will be a 'new' Batman. But to suddenly go with a new take on the character after the Dark Knight Trilogy is so, so risky and way too soon.

I just don't see how they can get Bale and Nolans movies out of public consciousness from now until then. It was bad enough when Batman Begins came out and everyone was still thinking of Batman and Robin (and I mean the general public, not savvy fans), and THAT was a gap of 8 years??

Add to that, all the news outlets basically showing pictures of Nolan and Bale's Batman over and over, and they've already got a huge ask to get people to accept a new version of Batman so soon.

:-\
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2013, 03:58:12 pm »
This is what they get for not planning a Justice League film properly. They've got to now take these risks, because Marvel did it the smart way and they want a piece of that pie before the superhero bubble bursts.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »
They've been at pains to point out that the Batman in this will be a 'new' Batman. But to suddenly go with a new take on the character after the Dark Knight Trilogy is so, so risky and way too soon.

I just don't see how they can get Bale and Nolans movies out of public consciousness from now until then. It was bad enough when Batman Begins came out and everyone was still thinking of Batman and Robin (and I mean the general public, not savvy fans), and THAT was a gap of 8 years??

Add to that, all the news outlets basically showing pictures of Nolan and Bale's Batman over and over, and they've already got a huge ask to get people to accept a new version of Batman so soon.

All very good points mate. You do start to wonder how much thought has gone into this :) A couple of weeks ago Snyder et al had no information about anything and Goyer was taking a break from writing to direct some projects. All of a sudden they're introducing a new Batman in Man of Steel 2.

Marvel planned superbly and stuck to their plan. They got a few bumps in the road (Hulk, Captain America) but they persevered and reaped the rewards at the end. With DC/Warners and this announcement you get the impression that they started talking about ideas for MoS 2 and someone at the meeting just mentioned this then they all agreed.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »

I don't think its risky at all.

We don't need another reboot, we don't need to see his origins again.

I was only thinking the other day that I'd like to see a serious comicbook superhero film that as soon as it starts the world is fully formed, it exists, superheroes are real and have been for years. Everyone is well aware of who Batman is and how he came to be. Its very simple to just say yes Batman exists already in Superman's universe and they encounter each other.

The story would work very well in fact if its used to explore how muddy the water is for Superman, the complexities of standing for truth, justice and the American way, all of which are out dated and corrupted in this reality. Does he serve a government, with that administrations political agenda, would they possibly use him to try and bring Batman under control? (which is the basis of his appearance in Dark Knight Returns) It could serve to make Superman a 3 dimensional rounded character, rather than the gimp in his undies who gets cats out of trees and puts out fires.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2013, 12:08:39 am »
When they decided to do Batman Begins Marvel wasn't even thinking about making movies, its unfair to use their plan as a stick to beat dc with when dc were on their second movie as Marvel launched their first. And no way anyone in 2003 greenlights a project designed to lead to a Justice League movie without seeing how audiences react to a relaunch first. And that relaunch practically kills the remote possibility of a JL movie dead because it doesn't create a universe that would fit aliens in it.

Besides, the Marvel movies have mostly been shite. The first Iron Man was good, half of the Avengers was good, rest has been middling to terrible.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2013, 12:12:59 am »
What sounds dreadful about it?
Alien vs. predator....

It sounds as though they've just thought they can stick two superheroes in a film and get a hit after they saw the avengers to be honest...

There are way too many superhero films right now, and to be honest many of them are starting to be quite shoddy.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:06 am »
I'm just wondering how they are going to take two characters who are the polar opposite of each other almost, and two worlds which just don't seem to be even set in the same universe and grate against one another, and somehow make them gel. I can't see it working for that reason alone. I mean, take MoS: a gritty, realistic take set in real places. Then you take Batman, which will be almost certainly rebooted. Do you fit him into this realistic world that Superman exists in, and if so, how do you make him stand out or hold his own when put next to Superman who is an all powerful alien that can fly? One of my biggest complaints about Nolan's Batman was that Batman himself was jarring when you thought about his surroundings or the world he existed in, which was just basically Manhattan. That will stick out even more so.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2013, 12:35:46 am »
Alien vs. predator....

It sounds as though they've just thought they can stick two superheroes in a film and get a hit after they saw the avengers to be honest...

There are way too many superhero films right now, and to be honest many of them are starting to be quite shoddy.

Difference here is that there are 70 years worth of stories with these two together out there already, it's not just picking two unrelated movies and throwing them together.

Some people seem to think that Christian Bale is the only actor to ever play Batman. He's not even the 10th. Each version is different, and only one of them was really poor. The Nolan Batman doesn't exist in a world where flying aliens makes any sense, but there are plenty of Batman stories that do.

It's a new Batman. Man of Steel was a new Superman. There will be more versions of both in the future because these characters are now a part of our culture as much as Sherlock Holmes or Robin Hood. Sooner or later, this was going to happen.

What makes it interesting is the fact it comes so soon after Marvel did The Avengers. Marvel played it perfectly. On their own, most of the lead-in Avengers movies were pretty so-so. There certainly wasn't anything to compete with the psychological depth of Batman Begins or its sequels. But then Marvel had to leave their two biggest characters out of the line-up.

And the Justice League concept, well I'm not sure how many more super-heroes the public wants to get to know. Green Lantern recently tried and failed to jump on the bandwagon. It was a mess of a movie. So do you reboot him as well? The Flash? Great character but he's really quick - Superman's really quick - it's hard for him to really stand out in a team movie alongside the big guy. Aquilani is the go-to superhero punchline on Big Bang Theory. Putting them together as a team is a major challenge, especially if you don't have the luxury of leading in with solo movies.

So Superman and Batman. They are the big two of the Super-hero world. The originals. Only Spider-Man comes close in terms of being so purely iconic. There was always something inevitable about this. But it is a hard sell. They can't out-Avengers the Avengers, it needs to find its own tone, hopefully something between the darkness of the Dark Knight trilogy and the fun and wonder of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies. Cast the right Batman, get that chemistry right, find a way to convey the mutual respect (earned over the course of the movie, of course) and show how they complement one another perfectly.

It could work.

EDIT - loving the autocorrect. The "aquaman" I'm talking about here is the actual King of Atlantis super-hero, rather than the equally mysterious Italian midfield maestro.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:38:08 am by Nessy76 »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2013, 03:01:12 am »
Yeah the idea that Batman and Superman are somehow being shoehorned into a storyline is pretty weird.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2013, 03:17:54 am »
Yeah the idea that Batman and Superman are somehow being shoehorned into a storyline is pretty weird.
True, if anything Batman belongs more in Supermans world than he does in the more recent adaptations. In a world which has super beings, a bloke in a bat suit battering criminals makes total sense, he isn't out of place at all.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2013, 04:52:40 am »
The story would work very well in fact if its used to explore how muddy the water is for Superman, the complexities of standing for truth, justice and the American way, all of which are out dated and corrupted in this reality. Does he serve a government, with that administrations political agenda, would they possibly use him to try and bring Batman under control? (which is the basis of his appearance in Dark Knight Returns) It could serve to make Superman a 3 dimensional rounded character, rather than the gimp in his undies who gets cats out of trees and puts out fires.
Yeah I think they'll go down this route especially with the Comic Con teaser quoting Batman's line from The Dark Knight Returns.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »
It could be amazing, it could be utter cack....but at least they've got something good to use as the base material....

"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »
They're going to be teaming up, not fighting. If it's a success then the fight will be in the second film.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2013, 02:09:58 pm »
They're going to be teaming up, not fighting. If it's a success then the fight will be in the second film.

I think it was quite explicitly stated that there will be a tear-up of some sort. Bound to be. Although by the end, they will forget their differences and work together for the greater good. It's how super-hero team-ups always go.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »
When they decided to do Batman Begins Marvel wasn't even thinking about making movies, its unfair to use their plan as a stick to beat dc with when dc were on their second movie as Marvel launched their first. And no way anyone in 2003 greenlights a project designed to lead to a Justice League movie without seeing how audiences react to a relaunch first. And that relaunch practically kills the remote possibility of a JL movie dead because it doesn't create a universe that would fit aliens in it.

Besides, the Marvel movies have mostly been shite. The first Iron Man was good, half of the Avengers was good, rest has been middling to terrible.

Ding Ding Ding, that's the sound of an argument being lost.

Captain America and Thor were good fun and the only weak Iron Man is the second one. None of them have been as dull of Green Lantern or as crashingly boring as the last act of Man of Steel.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »
"You're a joke. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

They'll be fighting....they fucking better do anyway, who wants to see Batman and Superman being all matey?
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »
Marvel team-ups do that! In DC they're all super friends and when they recently got their biggest writer to do a Justice League book with pseudo tension its been a bit of a mess, with only Aquaman coming out of it with any sort of coolness left over.

If Batman and Superman fight in their first film together then what can they go towards in future films? Because there will 100% be a sequel.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 02:19:50 pm »
Ding Ding Ding, that's the sound of an argument being lost.

Captain America and Thor were good fun and the only weak Iron Man is the second one. None of them have been as dull of Green Lantern or as crashingly boring as the last act of Man of Steel.

Not to mention Superman Returns. I don't think any of the Avengers movies are as bad as that or Green Lantern. Even Incredible Hulk, if you count that. (The likes of Ghost Rider are a different story entirely, of course)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »
Marvel team-ups do that! In DC they're all super friends and when they recently got their biggest writer to do a Justice League book with pseudo tension its been a bit of a mess, with only Aquaman coming out of it with any sort of coolness left over.

If Batman and Superman fight in their first film together then what can they go towards in future films? Because there will 100% be a sequel.

A rematch? It's more likely they would fight and then team up than the other way around. Besides...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2spdUrYi6-c#at=121" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2spdUrYi6-c#at=121</a>

Makes it pretty clear which way this is going.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 03:17:14 pm »
A rematch? It's more likely they would fight and then team up than the other way around. Besides...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2spdUrYi6-c#at=121" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2spdUrYi6-c#at=121</a>

Makes it pretty clear which way this is going.

Nneeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrdddds ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »
Who appear to have taken ages to figure that it was a DKR quote  ;D

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:33 pm »

Oh yeah. I went to a comics convention once. There was an auction.

Warm room + very excited guys + dubious personal hygeine to begin with = satan's arsehole odour.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »
Been thinking about this and I think there is a legitimate path to get Bale's Batman into this.

He could be what Nolan was to MoS and kind of Godfather Superman into becoming the earth's protector.

Just an idea but he sees Superman from his getaway in Europe and sees an opportunity to mould someone who can truly take the mantle of protector for the whole planet. He never intends to become Batman again but is determined as Bruce Wayne to help Superman change public opinion after his mash up of Metropolis, a point that possibly Lex Luthor is using to turn public hatred towards him.

Lex captures Superman via the use of Kryptonite forcing Batman, one last time, to don the cape and rescue his new mate.

Final showdowns with Lex fighting Batman and Superman fighting Metallo or something created by Lex.

Done :)