Author Topic: American Gods  (Read 26140 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: American Gods
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 12:17:40 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vbPdUEQanAo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vbPdUEQanAo</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
I'll take that.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 11:01:08 am »
Opening credits released

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Ow1qPRIs8A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Ow1qPRIs8A</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »
It's getting good reviews so far, and they all seem to agree it looks incredible.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #44 on: May 2, 2017, 11:19:21 pm »
Just watched the first episode. Really enjoyed it. Can see and feel a lot of the stuff hannibal had in it.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #45 on: May 3, 2017, 07:44:03 am »
Just watched the first episode. Really enjoyed it. Can see and feel a lot of the stuff hannibal had in it.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

It's only today I saw that the same man, Fuller, who was behind Hannibal is also the co-developer of this one.

Good opening episode and I wonder if it's time to see McShane's most interesting TV part since Deadwood.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 3, 2017, 07:51:23 pm »
It's only today I saw that the same man, Fuller, who was behind Hannibal is also the co-developer of this one.

Good opening episode and I wonder if it's time to see McShane's most interesting TV part since Deadwood.
Yeah it was one of the things that interested me about it to be honest.

Missing that hannibal fix of his

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #47 on: May 3, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »
Is this on tv anywhere?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 3, 2017, 09:52:42 pm »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 4, 2017, 11:44:46 am »
Is this on tv anywhere?
On Starz in America, Prime everywhere else

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #50 on: May 4, 2017, 12:04:58 pm »
Thanks lads.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 5, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »
Glad theres no gore in it... bloody hell :-)

Looking good.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2017, 07:08:49 pm »
Glad theres no gore in it... bloody hell :-)

Looking good.
The end of that first episode was fucking brutal what! ;D ;D ;D

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2017, 10:14:01 am »
Seen the first episode of this last night and it's fantastic!
I just don't know what to compare it to. It's just so surreal, dark and menacing.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #54 on: May 9, 2017, 10:00:13 am »
For those who haven't read the novel, have you got an idea what exactly the story is? Sure, the elements of fantasy, mystery, gore are there but 2nd episode in and while is enjoyable and still early, I haven't got much of an idea what is ahead of us.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #55 on: May 9, 2017, 11:03:51 am »
For those who haven't read the novel, have you got an idea what exactly the story is? Sure, the elements of fantasy, mystery, gore are there but 2nd episode in and while is enjoyable and still early, I haven't got much of an idea what is ahead of us.

The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them (a type of thoughtform). Immigrants to the United States brought with them spirits and gods. The power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs waned. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among other things
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 9, 2017, 03:05:02 pm »
One of the lines in that first episode is just unreal. "Cum in my mouth so I can spit on his grave" jesus 😂

And then the space boner in the second episode. Just what the fuck...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 9, 2017, 08:35:41 pm »
One of the lines in that first episode is just unreal. "Cum in my mouth so I can spit on his grave" jesus 😂

"Space boner" haha

Aye, it took a few seconds working that one out. Was it sitting like that for obvious reasons, or was it because there was zero gravity? Not something you expect to ever see on commercial TV or film. The only other time I can recall a scene like that was in Under the Skin. There was also the dick pic found on the phone. I mean, for fuck sake.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 9, 2017, 08:40:01 pm »
 I Love Lucy.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2017, 12:21:34 am »
Watched the premier of this tonight and I don't know what to think. It certainly looked and felt good and fortunately I don't seem to be the only one who hasn't a clue about what is really going on after ep 1.

Will catch up with episode 2 over the next few days and see where it takes me.

The scene with Bilqis (the queen of Sheba) having sex with the old fella was mind blowing. :)

Definitely going to watch a few more of these.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2017, 12:34:56 am »
I've read the book, so it's not confusing to me, but can see how it is! Shadow is the viewer, so until he understands it'll probably remain so.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2017, 09:24:18 am »
I've read the book, so it's not confusing to me, but can see how it is! Shadow is the viewer, so until he understands it'll probably remain so.

What do you mean by 'viewer' mate?

Is the basic premise that Old Gods (Odin, Bilqis etc) are going up against the new gods (Technical boy etc)

Maybe once I've watched Episode 2 things will be become more apparent.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2017, 02:33:32 pm »
What do you mean by 'viewer' mate?

Is the basic premise that Old Gods (Odin, Bilqis etc) are going up against the new gods (Technical boy etc)

Maybe once I've watched Episode 2 things will be become more apparent.

I mean he's dropped into this world without a scooby what's going on, just like the viewer. Of course it's easier for the viewer to accept these things than Shadow.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2017, 08:09:42 pm »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »
Wow just loved the beginning of episode 2 the Black God telling the slaves what will happen over the coming 200 and so years.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2017, 10:26:40 pm »
I was lynched, I was strange fruit

Brilliant line.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:28:15 pm by Trada »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2017, 10:41:53 pm »
I Love Lucy.

Did you ever want to see her tits?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2017, 02:20:02 pm »
Did you ever want to see her tits?
never realized how much.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2017, 08:52:11 am »
Tried this last night....first episode is easily one of the most doolally fuckin premier's i've ever seen on TV.....great though, loved it...stylish, anusing, intriguing.....will be back for more
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2017, 08:54:31 am »
btw, any chance of some spoilers for this?....or has RAWK just given up on that concept these days?
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »
btw, any chance of some spoilers for this?....or has RAWK just given up on that concept these days?

Spoilers for an episode that's a week old seems a bit redundant doesn't it? As long as people aren't spoiling things in advance obviously.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2017, 04:55:07 pm »
Spoilers for an episode that's a week old seems a bit redundant doesn't it? As long as people aren't spoiling things in advance obviously.

In the old days of broadcast TV perhaps...but now?..no, not in the slightest...there's a constant stream of new series starting on Amazon and Netflix alone and people dont access the shows the way they used to.......anyway, just common a courtesy I'd have thought

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2017, 04:59:06 pm »
anyway, just common a courtesy I'd have thought

I feel the same. It's just laziness, adding spoiler tags isn't difficult.

A week old? That's your chosen spoiler limit? I downloaded it the first night it aired but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Not everyone has all the time in the world to watch everything as soon as it is available.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2017, 05:14:38 pm »
In the old days of broadcast TV perhaps...but now?..no, not in the slightest...there's a constant stream of new series starting on Amazon and Netflix alone and people dont access the shows the way they used to.......anyway, just common a courtesy I'd have thought

Fair enough, it's no real effort and I'm happy to do it going forward.
I feel the same. It's just laziness, adding spoiler tags isn't difficult.

A week old? That's your chosen spoiler limit? I downloaded it the first night it aired but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Not everyone has all the time in the world to watch everything as soon as it is available.

I personally won't post in a thread about a show unless I'm up to date, that way I won't get spoiled accidentally. And really a week is no more arbitrary than two weeks or a month. I haven't seen GOTG2 yet, does that mean all discussion in the Marvel thread should be spoiler tagged? What if I hadn't seen Dr Strange?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2017, 04:09:05 am »
3 was a bit strange but still good. the little side stories of other Gods.

I guess they will join into the main story line at some point.

I know nothing about the material the story line is based on but was wondering....

Is this a world where all Gods are real and what ever people start to worship becomes real.

So you have the old Gods which I guess will be things like plants, animals, weather, the stars, sex and love all those type old things from different cultures. even loads of different Jesus's because different cultures see him their own way.

Then you have the new Gods that people have started to worship like Money, drugs, technology, TV Etc.

Any God is possible I guess in this world there would be a Liverpool FC God or a !D God because how some people worship them.

I hope that makes sense I'm a little drunk.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:20:39 am by Trada »

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:52 am »
I watched the first two last night. Enjoyably odd, with definite potential. The guy who plays Shadow Moon's a bit dull, but my missus assures me he gets away with it by virtue of being "astonishingly good-looking." Lovejoy's always good value, nice to see Gillian Anderson and the leprechaun out of The Wire was entertaining. On, and it's got Jonathan Tucker who might just be my favourite current actor, so there's that.

I've got a vague idea where it's all headed as I read the book (though several years ago now) and am looking forward to the rest of the series. Good shit.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »
Watched Episode 2 the other night and really enjoyed it. Love the new characters introduced.

Spoiler
The Slavic God of Darkness, Czernobog is great and is going to be good fun going forward.  I'm sure even though he beat Shadow at chequers he really isn't gonna smash his brains out with that hammer?

The monologue to the Slaves at the start of the episode from African God Anansi was incredible.
[close]

Got episode 3 to watch this week. Can't wait.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2017, 01:41:54 pm »
Finally got around to watching ep 1 of this today, enjoyed it! Cant wait to crack on with the next 2 episodes later tonight.

Gutted that Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom) is only in it for the 1 episode.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2017, 01:13:42 am »
Watched episode 3 earlier

Fair play to Director David Slade and Fuller/Green.  This is one mighty fine looking series and it's captivating to watch.

No matter what your sexual preference there's something for everyone in the first 3 episodes.  I've never really been a big fan of sex scenes in TV or film (there's internet sites for that stuff), but with this show its different as the erotic scenes are VERY erotic but are also somehow very tense and generate feelings of foreboding at the same time. In a nutshell...the sex scenes have been frankly..Shit hot.

And the casting has been top notch too. I'm even actually starting to really like Ricky Whittle as Shadow too.  Maybe because he's as Naive and clueless as to whats going on as I am :)

Great to see Cloris Leachman still going strong and playing a great part. Loved Cloris in Mel Brooks' brilliantly funny 'High Anxiety' as Nurse Charlotte Diesel.

Roll on EP 4.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:01 am »
Finally got around to watching ep 1 of this today, enjoyed it! Cant wait to crack on with the next 2 episodes later tonight.

Gutted that Jonathan Tucker (Kingdom) is only in it for the 1 episode.

He's so good, eh?

Hey Claus, fuck off.