Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3436401 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34080 on: September 12, 2019, 07:14:15 am »
In the bedroom it's not him that's wearing it.

...Aaaaand I've just made the super-sub connection in my own head and am now cursing this very post.
Would love to see him being interviewed by sky wearing a gimp mask.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
"Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34081 on: September 12, 2019, 07:28:20 am »
I agree, but I should have made my context clearer. In the grand scheme of things he did ok, at least early on. I was talking in the context of what they (or the ones who really wanted him) expected he'd bring them. I was listening to a United fan who believed he would be their saviour and put them back to where they used to be under Ferguson. In that context, and taking his tenure as a whole, he was disastrous. He also left them in a worse state than he found them. Most clubs would be very content with his trophy haul at OT, but he fell woefully short of the expectations that many had of him. This was a man who never tires of telling people how many titles and European Cups he's won. More than a few of them thought he was the man who was going to take them back to where they believe they belong.

Agreed

He constantly looked for short fixes. Buying success was easy at Chelsea where all other clubs were do not have Chelsea riches and FFP hasn’t come into play.

However his time at Utd where City, Chelsea all had unlimited funds plus us who are on the up, he found shown himself to be what he truly is, an old school coach who is out of touch. A one trick pony.

He also turned every club he worked for into a toxic environment and an old age retirement home.

It is therefore no surprise no top clubs have gone for him a season after getting the sack. His days are over.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34082 on: September 12, 2019, 07:29:30 am »

'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34083 on: September 12, 2019, 07:45:16 am »
Not sure he was a disaster. He certainly managed for the short-term (which, it be fair, is the only way to be in most of top level management, and is a trait throughout Mourinho's entire career), but in the 2 and a half seasons he managed United, they won a League Cup, a Europa League, and finished second. Not sure they'll be eyeing up those prospects for a fair while now.

In the Europa they had a pretty easy group and they played no-one of note in the knockouts. Luckily I missed the final as we were flying to America, only just seen the stats, I didn't realise they only had 33% possession and 6 shots, 4 on target, over the 90 minutes.
While they did knock Abu Dhabi out in the League Cup, their other opponents were Northampton, West Ham and Hull then Southampton in the final, who I seem to remember were the better team.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #34084 on: September 12, 2019, 07:54:35 am »
In the Europa they had a pretty easy group and they played no-one of note in the knockouts. Luckily I missed the final as we were flying to America, only just seen the stats, I didn't realise they only had 33% possession and 6 shots, 4 on target, over the 90 minutes.
While they did knock Abu Dhabi out in the League Cup, their other opponents were Northampton, West Ham and Hull then Southampton in the final, who I seem to remember were the better team.

We can't mock Northampton as an easy league cup fixture.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #34085 on: September 12, 2019, 08:17:30 am »
Meeting up with 4 of them this weekend at a wedding in Majorca.  They will be avoiding me like the plague.  Last time I saw them I told them there season will be over by the end of August. Wasn't far wrong. 
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34086 on: September 12, 2019, 08:38:55 am »
We can't mock Northampton as an easy league cup fixture.

We can
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34088 on: September 12, 2019, 09:14:22 am »
No, we can.

Losing to a team in a cup tie after putting out a shocking team managed by a shocking manager doesn’t mean we can’t go ‘thats an easy game for them’.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #34089 on: September 12, 2019, 10:40:04 am »
You can wear whatever you want while watching TV mate.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34090 on: September 12, 2019, 10:41:33 am »

:lmao

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34091 on: September 12, 2019, 10:43:47 am »
Is it a green and gold gimp mask?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34092 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:53 am »
Is it a green and gold gimp mask?

“Mr Woodward’s sleeping”
- “Well you’d better go and wake him.”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34093 on: September 12, 2019, 11:02:39 am »
No such thing as an "easy" fixture for United anymore.  Whilst some teams will always be easier than others, they can't take any result for granted.  Even Everton can't be considered guaranteed points anymore, now that they've got a new blue boyfriend to bend over for.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #34094 on: September 12, 2019, 12:37:26 pm »
He meant FARCE! Not Force! It's the only way the sentence could make sense.

I don't smell any farce...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34095 on: September 12, 2019, 02:18:16 pm »
I know he gets a lot of stick, rightfully so, but I actually think trying it overseas was a decent idea - away from the Sky Sports Generation.  I can't imagine how bad its going to get for Lampard over the next few months....

Trying it overseas was the daftest bit about it. Starting a job you've never done without knowing a word of the language, basically because he didn't want to be seen as chicken for turning it down.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34096 on: September 12, 2019, 04:11:35 pm »
I don't smell any farce...

The farces is strong with this one.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34097 on: September 12, 2019, 04:13:29 pm »
The scenes when Maguire scores an own goal to give Leicester the win on Saturday.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #34098 on: September 12, 2019, 05:01:59 pm »
The scenes when Maguire scores an own goal to give Leicester the win on Saturday.

Quite a head on  the post-match ales...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34099 on: September 12, 2019, 05:29:53 pm »
He really is a hammerheaded carthorse, top work from Mistoh Woodwoodwood to secure his signitoh

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34100 on: September 12, 2019, 08:55:54 pm »
Trying it overseas was the daftest bit about it. Starting a job you've never done without knowing a word of the language, basically because he didn't want to be seen as chicken for turning it down.

Especially when he's still struggling with English.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #34101 on: September 12, 2019, 09:09:28 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao
JFT 96

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #34102 on: September 13, 2019, 10:26:25 am »
Simon Peach

@SimonPeach
#MUFC are facing an injury headache. Solskjaer has confirmed Pogba is out of the #LCFC match along with Martial, Shaw, Bailly & Dalot. Lingard & Wan-Bissaka are doubts. "The treatment room's been busy - and still is," he said

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #34103 on: September 13, 2019, 11:05:54 am »

Ouch!! They will be in the bottom half of the table come Saturday night  ;D

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34104 on: September 13, 2019, 11:27:54 am »
Ouch!! They will be in the bottom half of the table come Saturday night  ;D

Better than having a clown running up and down the touchline though ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #34105 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:26 am »
Better than having a clown running up and down the touchline though ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34106 on: September 13, 2019, 11:37:58 am »
Beasted them in pre season. Fittest they’ve ever been I heard.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34107 on: September 13, 2019, 11:43:41 am »
Beasted them in pre season. Fittest they’ve ever been I heard.

Unbeaten during pre-season. They were back.

Didn’t last that long.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #34108 on: September 13, 2019, 11:45:14 am »
Is Wan Bissaka a good player then? Ive seen him a few times v us and thought he looked a good player,but as far as other games go in the premier league ive seen fuck all of him.

Im only asking cos people seem to scoff at any sign of his name being mentioned,which actually surprises me

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34109 on: September 13, 2019, 11:47:55 am »
He’s ok, but he’s not £50m good. Relatively solid defensively but not very good going forward.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34110 on: September 13, 2019, 11:49:22 am »
Is Wan Bissaka a good player then? Ive seen him a few times v us and thought he looked a good player,but as far as other games go in the premier league ive seen fuck all of him.

Im only asking cos people seem to scoff at any sign of his name being mentioned,which actually surprises me

He's fast and really strong defensively from what I've seen. I think people scoff because he's being talked up as an offensive threat and as good as/better than TAA, when he's nothing of the sort. In attack he offers nothing.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34111 on: September 13, 2019, 11:52:21 am »
Yeah, stood out at Palace as they defend a lot. Different ask to go to a side where in theory you’re expected to dominate a bit more. Not to say he can’t do it but the jury is definitely out.

Loves a tackle. Saw after 3 games he’d made about 13 and in comparison Trent had made 1. You have to ask why he’s making that many in the first place though, haven’t seen him enough but is his first touch really bad or something?!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 11:54:19 am by BIG DICK NICK »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34112 on: September 13, 2019, 11:53:48 am »
Yeah it does beg the question if he’s out of position and relying on his pace to get back and tackle. Fine against most of the league but will be found out against good pacey players (like Mane).

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34113 on: September 13, 2019, 11:56:06 am »
Yeah read loads about how he's a beer full back than TAA. He's played less than a dozen games and apart from making a few tackles done the square root of fuck all up the field
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34114 on: September 13, 2019, 11:57:02 am »
He's got the speed to get back - but loves going to ground and attempts to slide tackle a lot. And then is immediately praised by commentators for his defensive nous.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #34115 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:36 pm »
Looks like one of those defenders who reacts rather than anticipates. They tend to look good on MOTD, because their whole thing is legging it back and making last ditch tackles, but better players just get it right first time positionally. You rarely see VVD go to ground because he never lets things get that far.
Offers absolutely nothing going forwards, either.

There was some state about him having the highest success rate from crosses that was being bandied about, but the truth is he rarely hits crosses in the first place. He has no assists to his name.

Still a young lad, so the positional stuff can improve, you would expect him to get better there. Might even end up as a useful centre half. Could probably play as a Skrtel-style sweeper.

But he is older than Trent, and nowhere near him as a player yet.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34116 on: September 13, 2019, 12:09:59 pm »
Simon Peach

@SimonPeach
#MUFC are facing an injury headache. Solskjaer has confirmed Pogba is out of the #LCFC match along with Martial, Shaw, Bailly & Dalot. Lingard & Wan-Bissaka are doubts. "The treatment room's been busy - and still is," he said

I was under the (apparently) wrong impression that Martial is injury prone.  My perception is that in a lot of previews over the past few seasons he's been struggling or a doubt but it seems he's had hardly any injuries, only 14 games missed in the past three seasons.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anthony-martial/verletzungen/spieler/182877

I expect Wan-Bissaka is only a 'doubt' because he withdrew from the England squad so they need to be seen to be worrying over his fitness.  Pound to a penny he plays against Leicester.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34117 on: September 13, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »
wow, they are in a big big trouble...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #34118 on: September 13, 2019, 12:46:51 pm »
Good news for Man Utd, JLingz is a doubt
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #34119 on: September 13, 2019, 12:50:28 pm »
Without Pogba it's hard to imagine where their creativity will come from. Huge game this weekend, a win for either side will be a massive statement as to which side will challenge for the top 4. Its always great to see United lose, but it would also be fantastic to see Brendan gate-crash the top 6 with Leicester in general. Really looking forward to the match after being several beers in and on a high after the mighty reds cruise to another 3 points.