Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426200 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34040 on: September 10, 2019, 12:26:37 pm »
He’s got to go back and help Santa.

Spat me coffee
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34041 on: September 10, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »
Looks like Neville's recent "not sure how much longer I can stay doing punditry" is a come and get me plea for the DOF job at United.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34042 on: September 10, 2019, 04:36:31 pm »
Looks like Neville's recent "not sure how much longer I can stay doing punditry" is a come and get me plea for the DOF job at United.

Oh God yes please, both for my ears and for United's prolonged slump.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34043 on: September 10, 2019, 04:40:57 pm »
I reckon he'll be gone before Christmas

I had said this but I think, like last season, the fixture at Anfield might end up being breaking point. We play them mid Jan I think. Gone after that is my call. They will show him the patience of one extra month.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34044 on: September 10, 2019, 05:07:39 pm »
290k/week for a very good but not world-class keeper. Woodward is too incompetent to consider the ramifications of such a signing. Long may it continue.

They've gone past "temporary downturn" and are steaming headlong into "joke of a club". 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #34045 on: September 10, 2019, 05:46:54 pm »
I was shocked by what he said about his time at Valencia. Not only was he completely out of his depth and chancing his arm, he knew he was too. Bit mental
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #34046 on: September 10, 2019, 06:39:27 pm »
I was shocked by what he said about his time at Valencia. Not only was he completely out of his depth and chancing his arm, he knew he was too. Bit mental

I know he gets a lot of stick, rightfully so, but I actually think trying it overseas was a decent idea - away from the Sky Sports Generation.  I can't imagine how bad its going to get for Lampard over the next few months....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34047 on: September 10, 2019, 06:54:01 pm »
Man United fans on the internet have become comedy gold, they have devolved into the sweetest paradox of delusion and despair. My Man United supporting mates have all become boring though, they hate talking about either United or Liverpool now because they literally have nothing to say, all of a sudden they're all heaps into the Bundesliga and Serie A. Every time I bring up the Premier League they go all sad and quiet or change the subject, it's awful, I dont even gloat any more I just feel sorry for them.

When we win the league next year, I honestly think a few of them might just completely switch to being one of those wierdos that watches golf and f1 all the time who doesn't care about football anymore and never comes to the pub anymore. What was the point in putting up with their shite all these years if now finally when we get back on our perch, they fold?

Them being forced to basically support Man City all season last year was obviously too much for some of them. I can't imagine a world where Everton are the only team capable of stopping United utterly dominate not just English, but European football, while we languish in mid-table with the equivalent of fucking Milan Baros as our inept manager. It would be pretty awful, the poor bastards.

They can eat shit though, its fucking brilliant.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 06:57:00 pm by an alternative rhetorical friend of Cosmo Kramer.. »

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34048 on: September 10, 2019, 07:31:49 pm »
Yup, the staff guys post at the end is nearly as fucking idiotic as the opening post.

I’d have the same idiotic sentiment if Mourinho or Fergusen was their manager and someone suggested that we snap them up from united.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #34049 on: September 10, 2019, 09:37:52 pm »
I know he gets a lot of stick, rightfully so, but I actually think trying it overseas was a decent idea - away from the Sky Sports Generation.  I can't imagine how bad its going to get for Lampard over the next few months....

Spain is just as bad as here for the media
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #34050 on: September 10, 2019, 09:38:51 pm »
Spain is just as bad as here for the media

Quite.  I meant away from the Ingurland media.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34051 on: September 10, 2019, 09:39:31 pm »
290k/week for a very good but not world-class keeper. Woodward is too incompetent to consider the ramifications of such a signing. Long may it continue.

They've gone past "temporary downturn" and are steaming headlong into "joke of a club".

Woah woah woah...he's the BEST goalkeeper in the world don't you know?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #34052 on: September 10, 2019, 11:06:21 pm »
I wonder if ole will turn up to games in a Ferguson mask?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34053 on: September 11, 2019, 06:44:05 am »
I wonder if ole will turn up to games in a Ferguson mask?

Isn't that strictly for the bedroom?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #34054 on: September 11, 2019, 06:53:28 am »
Isn't that strictly for the bedroom?

In the bedroom it's not him that's wearing it.

...Aaaaand I've just made the super-sub connection in my own head and am now cursing this very post.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34055 on: September 11, 2019, 07:59:11 am »
They seem a broken fan base. It was fun while they still had some hope of revival last year. This year it seems like they are just to downbeat. No fun in that. Need them to build up some hope of finishing top 4.
Evertonians are more fun at the moment.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34056 on: September 11, 2019, 08:01:58 am »
I’d have the same idiotic sentiment if Mourinho or Fergusen was their manager and someone suggested that we snap them up from united.

I think if Liverpool were absolutely shite and mid-table I’d probably accept one of the current top 2 managers in the world coming to us. Regardless of who they’d previously managed.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34057 on: September 11, 2019, 08:18:19 am »
I think if Liverpool were absolutely shite and mid-table I’d probably accept one of the current top 2 managers in the world coming to us. Regardless of who they’d previously managed.

A lot depends on the manager - there was no way I would ever have accepted Mourinho coming to us and I know plenty of Mancs who felt the same, all said to me what I have always said, I couldn't stand him and didn't want him near our club. However, when it is someone like Klopp, you'd have to be mental to not want him managing you. When he was at Dortmund, it was more akin to a fantasy that we would ever get him.

These lot are just bitter pricks.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34058 on: September 11, 2019, 08:23:03 am »
A lot depends on the manager - there was no way I would ever have accepted Mourinho coming to us and I know plenty of Mancs who felt the same, all said to me what I have always said, I couldn't stand him and didn't want him near our club. However, when it is someone like Klopp, you'd have to be mental to not want him managing you. When he was at Dortmund, it was more akin to a fantasy that we would ever get him.

I agree with Mourinho, as he isn’t a manager who will build up a club and leave it in a better state when he leaves as when he got there.

Klopp is exactly what they need imo. Well that and some decent decision making above the manager level. Their fans are idiots if they wouldn’t want him there.

Thankfully he’s going nowhere though!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #34059 on: September 11, 2019, 09:28:05 am »
Klopp is exactly what they need imo. Well that and some decent decision making above the manager level. Their fans are idiots if they wouldn’t want him there.

Unless they sort out their footballing structure above the manager and have a long term strategy then any manager would struggle.

Klopp is an unbelievable manager but at Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool he's had club's with footballing structures around him that he could mould too and enhance. What we've seen from United over the last 5-6 seasons suggests that it wouldn' be the case.

It's why in some way I don't necessarily agree with people who think Mourinho is a spent force. I think he is on the decline but that was exaggerated by United's haphazard strategic approach. Not sure he'll ever return to the heights he once was but wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho go somewhere and win league titles and even European trophies.

What I find interesting and amusing now is that United fans sound like we did for the most part between 1993 and 2017. They are having the same debates. Looking for those same easy solutions. That a new manager is the key. That one new player could make the difference. That getting rid of player X will sort everything out. They now have a fractured fanbase. One that can't rally around a legendary manager and/or a group of players they trust. Much harder being loyal or seeing the wood for the trees in that situation.

On that note wonder how the RAWK meltdown thread is going on RedCafe recently.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34060 on: September 11, 2019, 09:57:04 am »
I guess the thing with clubs that Klopp has managed is the hierarchy at each club recognised they had a unique personality in the man, and if they backed him properly, he could literally bring the whole club together  - the players, the staff, the management and the fans.  Its a unique situation that when it does happen it just makes things easier, especially for the owners of these clubs. 

Utd however, are just a complete mess from top to bottom and Klopp to a degree would have had no success there, because the owners just don't seem interested in putting the right people in place from the top down.

He would have been wasted there.  Thank God our owners where smart enough to know with this man in charge, if they made a few changes behind the scenes, we could thrive, and we have.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #34061 on: September 11, 2019, 11:30:10 am »
I guess the thing with clubs that Klopp has managed is the hierarchy at each club recognised they had a unique personality in the man, and if they backed him properly, he could literally bring the whole club together  - the players, the staff, the management and the fans.  Its a unique situation that when it does happen it just makes things easier, especially for the owners of these clubs. 

Utd however, are just a complete mess from top to bottom and Klopp to a degree would have had no success there, because the owners just don't seem interested in putting the right people in place from the top down.

He would have been wasted there.  Thank God our owners where smart enough to know with this man in charge, if they made a few changes behind the scenes, we could thrive, and we have.
You have a point, but I think a good manager also shapes the organization. Good results and good relations give confidence and leverage within the organization, and I think someone like Klopp would have made sure within 1-2 years that Woodiewood would have minimal influence on the sports side. Remember, Klopp didn't get a huge budget on day 1 at Liverpool.

Mourinho wasted hundreds of millions on old players in decline and got into fights with lots of players - and I assume with key people inside the organization as well. He burns bridges wherever he goes. Scouting is also not his style, he prefers calling his agent friends.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #34062 on: September 11, 2019, 03:04:45 pm »

My mate (the girl who is the really decent Everton fan) is married to a guy from down south who is a United fan. His dad was from Mancland, so he's following in his footsteps supporting them. He lives in Liverpool now but is an OT regular. I went to his 50th birthday party and after he'd had a few too many beers he was virtually in tears over the state his club and was practically begging for Mourinho to be appointed manager. The not so Special One was seen as a born winner. The only one who could come in and save them. I think despair has really set in now he came in and was a disaster. I've not had chance to speak to him about how he sees things now the managerial giant, Oleh, is at the wheel, though.

Regarding Klopp, there is not a single sane United fan that wouldn't want him as their manager. He is exactly who/what they need. He is rock solid proven, and one of the few truly elite managers in the world currently. The ones who pretend they wouldn't want him there are the ones who know full well they have no chance of getting him there anyway. It's all a bit like me declaring that I've rejected Kate Beckinsale, isn't it. I think I'll reject Demi Rose tomorrow too.

I'm 100% sure that United fans would welcome Klopp with open arms if they were ever in with the remotest chance of getting him. He's never offended them or took the piss out of them. I think he said something about Disneyland' in relation to them, but that's just a statement of fact. Disneyesque hype and pomp is their style. But no, he's not offended them to the point they'd hate seeing him there in the way that Mourinho offends everyone, and not least how he has offended us over the years with his lack of respect. They would also twist any Klopp move to them as a snub of Liverpool, and 'evidence' that he saw them as bigger. Their whole narrative on Klopp would change overnight.

The only club in the world who currently may not want Klopp is Abu Dhabi. Everyone else would move mountains for him. United fans would 100% love to have him. The only question is which percentage of them will admit it and which would not?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34063 on: September 11, 2019, 03:15:13 pm »
You have a point, but I think a good manager also shapes the organization. Good results and good relations give confidence and leverage within the organization, and I think someone like Klopp would have made sure within 1-2 years that Woodiewood would have minimal influence on the sports side. Remember, Klopp didn't get a huge budget on day 1 at Liverpool...

I agree with you there. United are an absolute shambles, but if he'd ever have gone there I think he'd have looked for assurances that he could have a big say in how things were structured before he put pen to paper. If he had that, I think he'd have turned things around there reasonably quickly. The Glazers seem to be pretty much clueless on football, and making money seems to be their game, but a successful United makes even more money for the Glazers, so they'd be more than happy for Klopp to have run the show. United are a club and fanbase pulling in all sorts of different directions at the moment, but Klopp would have United them all and brought a new focus they haven't had since Ferguson. The likes of Woodward wouldn't last too long under Klopp, I imagine.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #34064 on: September 11, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »

His 3 signings are our 3 best players, and will all probably spend the rest of their careers here. Scott McT has gone from a guy who Jose would start 2 or 3 times per season, to an undroppable midfield force. Greenwood will soon be a starter worth 80 million. Garner will be worth 80 million in a year or two if he avoids injuries. We're a Declan Rice and a Jadon Sancho away from being a nailed on top 4 team again.

just...wow
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34065 on: September 11, 2019, 04:13:05 pm »
just...wow

Where to start!

But I’d Maguire, Wan-Bisaka and James are your best players, that itself tells you what trouble they’re in.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34067 on: September 11, 2019, 05:10:35 pm »

My missus, her family and all her mates hated Mourinho when he was at Chelsea, probably from that legging up the line with Porto and she was disgusted when they got him, she couldn't see why they went for him at all and she hated the football he churned out.

The Manc I work with wanted him and couldn't understand why I was pissing myself laughing when he got the job - I said he'll leave you in a bigger mess than you are now. Mind you, he is the one who dismissed me when I said the writing was on the wall for them back in about 2009/10 and thinks Rashford is quality, while I tell him he is shit, ;D

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34068 on: September 11, 2019, 05:21:04 pm »
My missus, her family and all her mates hated Mourinho when he was at Chelsea, probably from that legging up the line with Porto and she was disgusted when they got him, she couldn't see why they went for him at all and she hated the football he churned out.

The Manc I work with wanted him and couldn't understand why I was pissing myself laughing when he got the job - I said he'll leave you in a bigger mess than you are now. Mind you, he is the one who dismissed me when I said the writing was on the wall for them back in about 2009/10 and thinks Rashford is quality, while I tell him he is shit, ;D

You should go easy on him. He sounds like a simple soul  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #34069 on: September 11, 2019, 05:28:17 pm »
My mate (the girl who is the really decent Everton fan) is married to a guy from down south who is a United fan. His dad was from Mancland, so he's following in his footsteps supporting them. He lives in Liverpool now but is an OT regular. I went to his 50th birthday party and after he'd had a few too many beers he was virtually in tears over the state his club and was practically begging for Mourinho to be appointed manager. The not so Special One was seen as a born winner. The only one who could come in and save them. I think despair has really set in now he came in and was a disaster. I've not had chance to speak to him about how he sees things now the managerial giant, Oleh, is at the wheel, though.

Not sure he was a disaster. He certainly managed for the short-term (which, it be fair, is the only way to be in most of top level management, and is a trait throughout Mourinho's entire career), but in the 2 and a half seasons he managed United, they won a League Cup, a Europa League, and finished second. Not sure they'll be eyeing up those prospects for a fair while now.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34070 on: September 11, 2019, 07:04:40 pm »

...Aaaaand I've just made the super-sub connection in my own head and am now cursing this very post.

I'll admit, I hadn't thought too deeply about it (unlike some :P) but yes, agreed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #34071 on: September 11, 2019, 08:32:21 pm »
Been sent a link to this beauty.......

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/can-we-steal-klopp-from-liverpool.450456/

I can imagine that lot on RAWK having a good laugh at this thread, what an embarrassment.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34072 on: September 11, 2019, 10:09:21 pm »
Not sure he was a disaster. He certainly managed for the short-term (which, it be fair, is the only way to be in most of top level management, and is a trait throughout Mourinho's entire career), but in the 2 and a half seasons he managed United, they won a League Cup, a Europa League, and finished second. Not sure they'll be eyeing up those prospects for a fair while now.

I agree, but I should have made my context clearer. In the grand scheme of things he did ok, at least early on. I was talking in the context of what they (or the ones who really wanted him) expected he'd bring them. I was listening to a United fan who believed he would be their saviour and put them back to where they used to be under Ferguson. In that context, and taking his tenure as a whole, he was disastrous. He also left them in a worse state than he found them. Most clubs would be very content with his trophy haul at OT, but he fell woefully short of the expectations that many had of him. This was a man who never tires of telling people how many titles and European Cups he's won. More than a few of them thought he was the man who was going to take them back to where they believe they belong.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #34073 on: September 11, 2019, 10:28:14 pm »
"Scott McT is an undroppable midfield FORCE."

May the force be with you, my son.

https://youtu.be/EKu7TYWNxqA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:31:50 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34074 on: September 11, 2019, 11:18:06 pm »

Tommy Mc’T wouldn’t even make our bench.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34075 on: September 12, 2019, 12:09:44 am »

Oh, I don't know. I heard he got a decent grade in his Woodwork GCSE. Maybe he could repair it a bit?
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34076 on: September 12, 2019, 01:19:40 am »

He meant FARCE! Not Force! It's the only way the sentence could make sense.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #34077 on: September 12, 2019, 03:10:50 am »
I agree, but I should have made my context clearer. In the grand scheme of things he did ok, at least early on. I was talking in the context of what they (or the ones who really wanted him) expected he'd bring them. I was listening to a United fan who believed he would be their saviour and put them back to where they used to be under Ferguson. In that context, and taking his tenure as a whole, he was disastrous. He also left them in a worse state than he found them. Most clubs would be very content with his trophy haul at OT, but he fell woefully short of the expectations that many had of him. This was a man who never tires of telling people how many titles and European Cups he's won. More than a few of them thought he was the man who was going to take them back to where they believe they belong.

Oh yeah, in terms of United fan's expectations, it was a disaster. Mourinho can walk away from that period with a certain degree of smugness in his "success" there. But if he was supposed to put them back on top, they'd have been just as well hiring Limmy. ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #34078 on: September 12, 2019, 04:02:49 am »

:mindblown
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #34079 on: September 12, 2019, 06:17:56 am »
Heartha Wouldn’t even take him on loan