Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3437570 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34240 on: September 16, 2019, 03:07:15 pm »
De Gea signed a new deal.

Probably realised he wouldn't get that contract from another club with him regressing so much so reluctantly signed it. :D

There was literally no club out there willing to offer him even close to what United will be paying him.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34241 on: September 16, 2019, 03:16:58 pm »
De Gea signs until 2023 with the option for an extra year.

Beautiful. Another long term huge contract

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34242 on: September 16, 2019, 03:17:51 pm »
The irony of Neville saying the club shouldn’t deal with Raiola after the way Pogba has acted this summer, yet he wasn’t complaining the many times United have come out on top of his dealings.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34243 on: September 16, 2019, 03:22:25 pm »
18 months of woeful form where he’s kicked them out of the CL twice, (and embarrassed himself at a World Cup) can’t pass, frightened to death of crosses and coming off his line yet rewarded with a enormous new contract, love it, sums them up nowadays.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #34244 on: September 16, 2019, 03:54:00 pm »
 ;D

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: "I am delighted that David has committed his long-term future to the club.

"Over recent years, David has proved himself to be the best in the world and a vital part of our plans as we look to take Manchester United back to where it belongs."

The Norwegian added that De Gea "represents everything you want in a goalkeeper".

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34245 on: September 16, 2019, 03:56:44 pm »
De Gea signs until 2023 with the option for an extra year.

Who makes the decision on that option? Can we activate that option to keep him at United for another year?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34246 on: September 16, 2019, 04:03:14 pm »
;D

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: "I am delighted that David has committed his long-term future to the club.

"Over recent years, David has proved himself to be the best in the world and a vital part of our plans as we look to take Manchester United back to where it belongs."

The Norwegian added that De Gea "represents everything you want in a goalkeeper".

Sixth? ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one Woody.
Another one to lose his legs on 200k+.
They are on a roll.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34248 on: September 16, 2019, 06:04:32 pm »
;D

Soft twat doesn't realise that has already been achieved. The Utd I grew up being aware of overpaid for players, paid them too much once they had them, were midtable shite with a cocky we're the greatest gobshite attitude.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #34249 on: September 16, 2019, 06:08:07 pm »

£375,000 a week

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #34251 on: September 16, 2019, 06:13:39 pm »
To be fair to them, he's better than the replacements they could've gotten where they are now. By the looks of things, Arsenal may well be too big of flat track bullies at home to even let them get a sniff at a top four and then it's do-or-die on the Europa this season. At least that's something they in theory could get done, save for some flashy team getting knocked out of the CL groups. The way they've played this season and the state of their midfield still probably means they'll find a way to miss out on both their chances of getting back to the big table and as such, Dave's decision will not do him any good.

Leverkusen and one of Dortmund/Inter + one of Chelsea/Valencia/Ajax are likely to get dropped into the EL though and I really doubt United would be clear favourites against either of them right now.
Linudden.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #34252 on: September 16, 2019, 06:17:51 pm »
Nice one Woody.
Another one to lose his legs on 200k+.
They are on a roll.

375k a week
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34253 on: September 16, 2019, 06:18:35 pm »
Is it really 250k a week or more? If so that’s brilliant.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34254 on: September 16, 2019, 06:24:56 pm »
Is it really 250k a week or more? If so that’s brilliant.

Most papers seem to be reporting it’s over £350k a week. You’d imagine they gave in and caved given the length of time this has been going on.

Plus when you’re paying shite like Rashford mega money then they didn’t really have much ground to stand on.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34255 on: September 16, 2019, 06:37:58 pm »
To be fair to them, he's better than the replacements they could've gotten where they are now. By the looks of things, Arsenal may well be too big of flat track bullies at home to even let them get a sniff at a top four and then it's do-or-die on the Europa this season. At least that's something they in theory could get done, save for some flashy team getting knocked out of the CL groups. The way they've played this season and the state of their midfield still probably means they'll find a way to miss out on both their chances of getting back to the big table and as such, Dave's decision will not do him any good.

Leverkusen and one of Dortmund/Inter + one of Chelsea/Valencia/Ajax are likely to get dropped into the EL though and I really doubt United would be clear favourites against either of them right now.

He is, but where was he going to go? None of the big clubs in Europe seem to want him and I doubt any would give him £200k per week anyway, so it's not like they had to break the bank to keep him.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #34256 on: September 16, 2019, 06:44:39 pm »
He is, but where was he going to go? None of the big clubs in Europe seem to want him and I doubt any would give him £200k per week anyway, so it's not like they had to break the bank to keep him.

Never underestimate the amount of sheer stupidity involving those running the accounts at PSG  ;D
Linudden.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #34257 on: September 16, 2019, 06:47:33 pm »
He says he's looking forward to winning trophies!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34258 on: September 16, 2019, 06:51:50 pm »

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #34259 on: September 16, 2019, 06:59:02 pm »
Just Brilliant! Magic!

Seriously 350k + what in the serious name of fuck. Even for Woodywoodwoodward this is a master stroke.

Not an agent in the world wont want to pull up a chair and have a chat with that man. #doesntwatchthegames
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34260 on: September 16, 2019, 07:04:27 pm »
Never underestimate the amount of sheer stupidity involving those running the accounts at PSG  ;D

Thought they were after Oblak?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #34261 on: September 16, 2019, 07:28:36 pm »
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/2-points-behind-city.450548/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I often wonder, why are threads like that permitted so freely on the Caf? Is it because the mods flat out just don't give a fuck? Or is it it because the mods are just as weaponish as the whoppers who inhabit that forum?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34262 on: September 16, 2019, 08:40:08 pm »
De Gea is a quite brilliant shot-stopper but he's tactically one of Man U's problems.  He's not decisive coming out of his area and his preference for dealing with back passes is to hack the ball upfield.

There's no doubting van Dijk made an enormous difference to us but I think going from Mignolet to Karius (and then Alisson) was more important.  We became able to defend the halfway line with Karius sweeping behind, and take the wind out of other teams' pressing with some back-five keep-ball.

The money they're paying him is almost irrelevant as they can afford to hold regular money bonfires.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34263 on: September 16, 2019, 10:38:07 pm »
He says he's looking forward to winning trophies!

:lmao With Ole at the wheel
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #34264 on: September 16, 2019, 10:40:27 pm »
De Gea is a quite brilliant shot-stopper but he's tactically one of Man U's problems.  He's not decisive coming out of his area and his preference for dealing with back passes is to hack the ball upfield.

There's no doubting van Dijk made an enormous difference to us but I think going from Mignolet to Karius (and then Alisson) was more important.  We became able to defend the halfway line with Karius sweeping behind, and take the wind out of other teams' pressing with some back-five keep-ball.

The money they're paying him is almost irrelevant as they can afford to hold regular money bonfires.

I'd look at it more as: van Dyck made an enormous difference at centre back and the back four in general, Allisson made an enormous difference with his positioning, mentality and distribution, Fabinho has made an enormous difference in the number six role... and so on thoughout the team and the squad.

It's the players, the system, the coaching, the mental toughness, the togetherness... it's everything, not just one player.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
They got rid of one high salaried has been using a subsidised loan move and then use that money straight into a goalkeeper who has no wish of staying and have been holding the club to ransom.

Management at its best.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34266 on: September 16, 2019, 11:43:23 pm »
Fair play to De Gea, he’s played an absolute blinder here.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #34267 on: September 16, 2019, 11:57:41 pm »
Fuck, for 350k a week I’d play for United.

Absolute blinder.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #34268 on: September 17, 2019, 12:55:08 am »

£375,000 a week

Madness but still they  don’t seem to have money worries

Personally would have liked him to walk on a free

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34269 on: September 17, 2019, 12:55:44 am »
At what point will their reckless spending actually start to affect them?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34270 on: September 17, 2019, 01:58:22 am »
Fair play to De Gea, he’s played an absolute blinder here.

Yup, he's really ripping them off. Waited and waited hoping that someone will come for him - nobody came, so he's got no other choice than ripping them off for being terrible for two seasons. Love it.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #34271 on: September 17, 2019, 02:08:59 am »
They got rid of one high salaried has been using a subsidised loan move and then use that money straight into a goalkeeper who has no wish of staying and have been holding the club to ransom.

Management at its best.

From memory, aren't they still paying most of Sanchez's wages to play for Inter?

I'd expect Poggles will be next in line for a well deserved raise. Ed's at the wheel.
We are Liverpool!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #34272 on: September 17, 2019, 02:59:33 am »
At what point will their reckless spending actually start to affect them?

Think there wage ratio is good and in the 50-55% range

But do have debt of £498m

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34273 on: September 17, 2019, 03:34:15 am »
Now Pogba know what to do next.
Believer

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #34274 on: September 17, 2019, 05:01:21 am »
I don't think the in simple terms the wages matter much. He'd have gone on a free and then they'd be looking at £35m+ to replace him + wages + agent fees. So the £35m  +fees is spread over his contract.  What may well hurt them is when they want to move him on because they finally realise his shot stopping doesn't outweigh the rest of his game.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34275 on: September 17, 2019, 05:27:23 am »
From memory, aren't they still paying most of Sanchez's wages to play for Inter?

I'd expect Poggles will be next in line for a well deserved raise. Ed's at the wheel.

Depending who you believe they're paying between £175,000 + £300,000pw
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34276 on: September 17, 2019, 08:03:17 am »
I don't think the in simple terms the wages matter much. He'd have gone on a free and then they'd be looking at £35m+ to replace him + wages + agent fees. So the £35m  +fees is spread over his contract.  What may well hurt them is when they want to move him on because they finally realise his shot stopping doesn't outweigh the rest of his game.

It matters because it sets a precedent.

Want big wages at United? Then just hold out and they’ll soon bend over for you. Rashford has done the same. Pogba will follow suit if he doesn’t leave. Plenty of others will do so too.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34277 on: September 17, 2019, 08:04:07 am »
Depending who you believe they're paying between £175,000 + £300,000pw

Who is reporting as low as £175k a week?

Given what Rashford earns there is no way he accepted as low as that.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34278 on: September 17, 2019, 08:26:14 am »
Who is reporting as low as £175k a week?

Given what Rashford earns there is no way he accepted as low as that.

Depends on how much Inter are paying him. I very much doubt Utd are getting away with paying only £175k a week towards his £391k a week basic pay, no way are Inter going to pay him £220k a week

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34279 on: September 17, 2019, 08:34:11 am »
Depends on how much Inter are paying him. I very much doubt Utd are getting away with paying only £175k a week towards his £391k a week basic pay, no way are Inter going to pay him £220k a week

Ah shit I misread the post and assumed he was on about de Gea’s new deal  ;D