Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 420356 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Welcome Luis Diaz!
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2022, 01:11:35 pm »
I know. Couldn’t help but notice minamino when he played against us. I’m really hopeful it works out. From 3 minutes on YouTube he seems to have really fast feet wants to go forward.

I wonder now if we have too many forwards who prefer playing on the left - Mane, Jota, Minamino and Diaz.  New formation could be 4-3- left wing-left wing - Salah

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2022, 01:11:44 pm »
Eh up! What’s this? A shiny new thing.

Welcome aboard fella.  Should be fun.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2022, 01:12:26 pm »
Every Luiser Wins
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2022, 01:13:53 pm »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2022, 01:16:19 pm »
Excellent just heard it confirmed on 5Live.

Get in!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2022, 01:17:40 pm »
Jürgen Klopp has detailed his delight at the signing of Luis Diaz from FC Porto, subject to the successful granting of a work permit and international clearance.

The 25-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term contract with Liverpool and will begin life at his new club when he concludes international duty with Colombia.

Diaz faced the Reds twice in the Champions League with Porto earlier this season and Klopp admits he is a player who has long been on the club’s radar.

“I could not be happier that we’ve been able to get this deal done and bring Luis to Liverpool,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“I have always been a believer in only signing players in January if you would want to sign them in the summer, and that’s very much the case with Luis.

“He is an outstanding player and someone we’ve been tracking for a very long time.

“We believe he has everything needed to fit into our way and adapt to the Premier League, both physically and mentally. He is a player who is hungry for success and knows you have to fight to get what you want. He is a fighter, no doubt. He’s a skilful team player who has always the goal in mind.

“This team deserved to add quality and when we played against Luis earlier this season, we saw what a danger he is, how fast he is and how his mentality was to help his team.

“We know Porto is an outstanding club who nurture players in the best possible way and provide a brilliant football education. They are a class club and, I have to say, have been tough negotiators.

“We also have to say thank you to the Colombia FA for being so helpful in allowing us the time to complete this deal. They have a big game on Tuesday and I know as well as anyone how important preparation is for matches, so for them to allow us a few hours to finalise the transfer without impacting their training was greatly appreciated.

“I also must make clear my appreciation to our ownership and football operations team for how they have managed to act so decisively to get this done.

“Luis is a player we believe will make us better now and in the future. He is the player we really wanted and they’ve made it happen, so I am very happy.”
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 02:03:36 pm by Boaty McBoatface »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2022, 01:18:19 pm »
Fuckin hell, not more goals.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline lucid-tentacles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Living for the moment
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2022, 01:18:44 pm »
No matter who you support in Portugal everyone thinks this is the real deal. The best player in Portugal by far. Am I looking forward to this 😁😁😁
I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
All of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday,

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2022, 01:19:46 pm »
Buzzing. I sense the start of a beautiful relationship. Welcome lad!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2022, 01:26:34 pm »
Mane, Salah, Jota, Firmino, Luis Diaz.

Can’t remember the last time we had so much quality in attack.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2022, 01:27:17 pm »

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2022, 01:29:01 pm »

Just read on a newspaper site that signing him now may affect negotiations a little with Salah and Mane in April now that we have a little depth. Can’t see it affecting the Salah discussion but certainly Mane.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2022, 01:31:38 pm »
His next game is Argentina Columbia next Tuesday. May have to give it a watch.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2022, 01:32:11 pm »
More depth with added zest. Him and Jita will definitely bring that added spice to the team.

Fun times ahead.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2022, 01:34:49 pm »
Welcome Luis!  8)

I hope Kloppo play's all five of Diaz, Jota, Salah, Mane and Firmino for a game.  ;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2022, 01:38:26 pm »
Worth posting here - listen to this podcast - he could be immense this fella.

:)

https://mobile.twitter.com/AIUnderPressure/status/1487571658923773961

Some snippets from the output…

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2022, 01:38:30 pm »
Very exciting signing.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world Luis lad!
YNWA - JFT97

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2022, 01:42:53 pm »
Welcome, Luis!

https://www.givemesport.com/1829472-luis-diaz-to-liverpool-eight-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-colombia-star

Luis Diaz to Liverpool: Eight things you probably didn't know about Colombia star
Kobe Tong

According to Sky Sports, the Reds are in 'pole position' to sign the FC Porto winger having made a last-gasp £45 million approach despite competition from Tottenham Hotspur.

Diaz reportedly prefers a move to Anfield and Liverpool have sent a team to Argentina, where the player is preparing for Colombia's World Cup qualifiers, in order to complete the medical.

Diaz nears Liverpool move
And while the Nabil Fekir case is the perfect cautionary tale of Liverpool moves falling through when they seem secure, all roads lead to Diaz pulling on the famous red jersey nonetheless.

As such, here at GIVEMESPORT, we wanted to mark the occasion by shining a light on Diaz's journey to the precipice of a Liverpool move because it's certainly an inspiring and triumphant one.

1. Grew up in one of Colombia's most deprived regions
Diaz spent his younger years near the border with Venezuela in the La Guajira region where many children of the Wayuu people - of which he is a member - never get the chance to grow up.

The Mail quotes alarming figures that 4,770 Wayuu children died of malnutrition due to neglect from the Colombian government between 2008 and 2016.

In his home village of Barrancas, Diaz would watch huge coal trains carrying supplies ready for shipment to the very European shores that he now plays football to such an incredible standard.

p1fqggrjkd1d4g1hir1ac954n7en.jpg
2. Discovered by Carlos Valderrama
Remarkably, one of the men credited with discovering the Liverpool-bound star is none other than an all-time great of Colombian football: Valderrama himself.

At the age of 17, Diaz caught the eye of the South American icon during trials for the Copa America of Indigenous People in 2015 and the rest, as they say, is history.

3. Concerns about his weight
However, the road to the top wasn't without its bumps along the way because there were concerns surrounding Diaz's weight with the footballing prodigy appearing dangerously skinny.

One of Diaz's early coaches, John 'Pocillo' Diaz, told the BBC: "For a moment, we thought it would be very difficult for him to perform because 'Lucho' seemed to have malnutrition problems.

"He was very skinny and lost the duels with other players. But despite that, he managed to stand out among 400 candidates and make the 26-man squad."

And although Colombia were beaten in the final of the Copa America of Indigenous People, Diaz nevertheless impressed by scoring two goals in the tournament.

4. Special measures to help Diaz shine
Second division Barranquilla eventually signed up the future FC Porto star and put him on a special diet, which included eating pasta for breakfast, that allowed him to put on 10 kilograms in weight.

In fact, Diaz's ability and potential was so extraordinary that the Colombian side even created a new age group to ensure that the fledgling winger's talents weren't neglected.

5. Idolising Ronaldinho
Like many youngsters in South America and across the world, Diaz idolised Ronaldinho as his footballing hero and may well have modelled his love for tricks and flicks on the Barcelona icon.

6. Rejecting a Cardiff City move
Believe it or not, Diaz could have secured a transfer to the Premier League back in 2018/19, but rejected the opportunity to mark his arrival in European football by playing under Colin Wanker.

Instead, the future star followed in the footsteps of fellow Colombian stars James Rodriguez and Radamel Falcao by securing a Porto move a year later at the expense of Zenit St. Petersburg.

p1fqggq15hb1fp9o9kf106jmd2j.jpg
7. Compared to Luis Figo
And so impressive has Diaz been since moving to Europe that former Colombia, Real Madrid and Portugal boss Carlos Queiroz even compared the 25-year-old to Ballon d'Or winner Luis Figo.

8. Shared the Golden Boot at Copa America
With Messi not only winning the 2021 Copa America title, but generally dominating the tournament full stop, it's easy to forget that he actually had to share the Golden Boot trophy with Diaz himself.

The Colombian star was the only player aside from Messi to register four goals, including a stunning bicycle kick against Brazil, that saw him outscore the likes of Lautaro Martínez and Neymar.

An inspiring journey
From battling malnutrition in one of Colombia's toughest regions to earning Figo comparisons in the professional game, Diaz's journey to the top just goes to show that dreams really can come true.

Hopefully a move to Liverpool is the next step in Diaz's epic rise in the beautiful game because there's no denying that Kopites will cheer his name for years upon years if he delivers the goods.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2022, 01:50:33 pm »
Great stats post thanks

The key thing is they’re all outstanding BEFORE we sign them
Yes we improve them a bit but this ‘scaling’ stuff that was knocking around in the summer is a total misunderstanding of what we do

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2022, 01:52:57 pm »
Too soon?

Hahaha

Great to see this signing out of the blue, real shot in the arm for the rest of the season going on all 4 fronts.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2022, 01:53:37 pm »
Jürgen Klopp has detailed his delight at the signing of Luis Diaz from FC Porto, subject to the successful granting of a work permit and international clearance.

The 25-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term contract with Liverpool and will begin life at his new club when he concludes international duty with Colombia.

Diaz faced the Reds twice in the Champions League with Porto earlier this season and Klopp admits he is a player who has long been on the club’s radar.

“I could not be happier that we’ve been able to get this deal done and bring Luis to Liverpool,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“I have always been a believer in only signing players in January if you would want to sign them in the summer, and that’s very much the case with Luis.

“He is an outstanding player and someone we’ve been tracking for a very long time.

“We believe he has everything needed to fit into our way and adapt to the Premier League, both physically and mentally. He is a player who is hungry for success and knows you have to fight to get what you want. He is a fighter, no doubt. He’s a skilful team player who has always the goal in mind.

“This team deserved to add quality and when we played against Luis earlier this season, we saw what a danger he is, how fast he is and how his mentality was to help his team.

“We know Porto is an outstanding club who nurture players in the best possible way and provide a brilliant football education. They are a class club and, I have to say, have been tough negotiators.

You have to accept cookies in order to view this content on our site.

“We also have to say thank you to the Colombia FA for being so helpful in allowing us the time to complete this deal. They have a big game on Tuesday and I know as well as anyone how important preparation is for matches, so for them to allow us a few hours to finalise the transfer without impacting their training was greatly appreciated.

“I also must make clear my appreciation to our ownership and football operations team for how they have managed to act so decisively to get this done.

“Luis is a player we believe will make us better now and in the future. He is the player we really wanted and they’ve made it happen, so I am very happy.”

Great News!

Jürgen Klopp: "You have to accept cookies in order to view this content on our site." 30 January 2022
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2022, 02:00:51 pm »
Welcome Luis!
Now show 'em you mean business and help us win nr. 20!

And oh yes, I agree with the boss.
We've had some good January buys in our history! That's the time to be signing players at knockdown prices- wantaway players, players who've had a good start but with the jury still out, players refusing to extend a deal, players who've had an injury and coming off it while not "looking" like a good investment, change of manager/owners etc..

And in January, you can get them for much less than what they would cost in Summer- before the higher-ups regroup and re-value!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 02:08:42 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2022, 02:03:38 pm »
Nice signing and welcome to Liverpool.
#JFT97

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2022, 02:04:19 pm »
Great News!

Jürgen Klopp: "You have to accept cookies in order to view this content on our site." 30 January 2022
Ha ha! Now edited.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2022, 02:04:38 pm »
Welcome Luis, looking forward to seeing you play. Well done to Julian and the team.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2022, 02:04:53 pm »
Great News!

Such a corporate shrill. :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2022, 02:06:28 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2022, 02:09:57 pm »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2022, 02:12:55 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2022, 02:14:07 pm »
Too soon?

Never.

Also I've stolen it to post on Reddit  :-X
:D

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2022, 02:18:25 pm »
Our squad is looking really good as we approach the business end of the season  :D

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2022, 02:23:27 pm »
Fuckin hell, not more goals.
What is this "defending" you speak of?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2022, 02:25:45 pm »

Reminds me a lot of a Fernando Torres in his runs and athletic ability, and finishing- and a bit of Luis Suarez in his doggedness and tricks.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2022, 02:41:32 pm »
What’s his temperament like? Hope he’s got a bit that South American streetwise streak in him..

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2022, 02:44:00 pm »
Welcome Luis! Excited signing and I am looking forward to watching him play for us. Very much.  ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2022, 02:47:03 pm »
Well my Colombian brother in law will be happy :)

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2022, 03:03:51 pm »
Exciting signing!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2022, 03:11:23 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2022, 03:15:44 pm »
I'm excited that we got a dribbler too!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2022, 03:16:09 pm »
Such a corporate shrill. :D
He speaks highly of you, too
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D