Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3466814 times)

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #53320 on: June 6, 2021, 10:38:04 pm »
Army of the Dead

Total balls. Trying to mix too many plots, gotchas, surprises, twists and ended up presenting a random mismash of bollocks.

I hate zombie films where the zombies are lethal to the majority of the population, but laughable to 'the heroes' - it also suffers where it's trying to build up tension and show you that they might be mown down any second before then having untrained non-military characters swanning off to do tasks for the group without being threatened (Until the plot randomly demands it)

Was looking forward to it too -the premise made it look a bit like 'Dead Island' and 'Land of the Dead' - was more like 'Land of the Ted'

Awful film

Snyder is apparently directing the remake of The Fountainhead - what the fuck?  Did he read the book?  Does he know there are no zombies in it?

That would be like Kevin Smith directing a remake of Citizen Kane

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #53321 on: June 6, 2021, 11:10:09 pm »

Snyder is apparently directing the remake of The Fountainhead - what the fuck?  Did he read the book?  Does he know there are no zombies in it?

Ayn Rand was quite the objectivist zombie, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #53322 on: June 7, 2021, 07:55:25 am »
Army of the Dead.

It's quite impressive that Snyder managed to make a film about a heist in the middle of a zombie infested Las Vegas one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Awful.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #53323 on: June 7, 2021, 11:06:58 pm »
Army of the Dead.

It's quite impressive that Snyder managed to make a film about a heist in the middle of a zombie infested Las Vegas one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Awful.

The fact that Zack Snyder has legit fanboys is a real indictment of humanity.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53324 on: June 7, 2021, 11:19:49 pm »
New Indy film has started to be filmed

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53325 on: June 8, 2021, 03:51:08 pm »
Dinner in America...started off in a way that was way too quirky for my taste. But I was completely wrong...really fun film

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #53326 on: June 8, 2021, 04:35:58 pm »
New Indy film has started to be filmed

Indiana Jones and the Last Paycheck
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #53327 on: June 10, 2021, 03:55:45 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pDHSLL5DBcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pDHSLL5DBcM</a>

Is it just me or does this look really really bad?

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #53328 on: June 10, 2021, 04:45:16 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pDHSLL5DBcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pDHSLL5DBcM</a>

I don't think it'll win any Oscars and will suffer from "well the Truman show..." Comparisons.

If only because I have a slight man crush on Reynolds I'll give it a go

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53329 on: June 10, 2021, 05:10:16 pm »
Watched Alien vs Predator (2004) yesterday and enjoyed it. The aliens and predators looked great. If you take it for what it is, it should be a decent experience.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53330 on: June 10, 2021, 07:38:37 pm »
Watched Alien vs Predator (2004) yesterday and enjoyed it. The aliens and predators looked great. If you take it for what it is, it should be a decent experience.

They looked a lot better than they do in the sequel, which suffered from the Director's controversial decision to shoot most of the film with the lens cap still on.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53331 on: June 10, 2021, 09:17:52 pm »
That Adrian Brody Predator movie should have got a sequel instead of that dogshit reboot that came out a couple of years ago.

Now they rebooting it again i read recently involving Native Americans.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #53332 on: June 11, 2021, 08:43:26 am »

I'm actually really looking forward to this! But that probably says more about my taste in movies than the quality of the film!

Plus Jodie Comer is in it so  ;D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53333 on: June 11, 2021, 12:38:18 pm »
Good Versions of In the Heights is about right now.

That some people are calling the film of the year

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U0CL-ZSuCrQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U0CL-ZSuCrQ</a>

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53334 on: June 11, 2021, 12:41:24 pm »
Introduced my other half to Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Possibly the loveliest film ever made.

This is on Film 4 next week. I dont know it but do like Sam Neill so will be giving it a look  :thumbup

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53335 on: June 11, 2021, 12:50:25 pm »
This is on Film 4 next week. I dont know it but do like Sam Neill so will be giving it a look  :thumbup

Its a great film made by Taika Waititi it always reminds me of the film "up" its strange how his next film after this small film was Thor Ragnarok

Cant wait for his version of 80s film Time Bandits that hes making into a TV series
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:58:20 pm by Trada »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53336 on: June 11, 2021, 01:03:18 pm »

Its a great film made by Taika Waititi it always reminds me of the film "up" its strange how his next film after this small film was Thor Ragnarok

Cant wait for his version of 80s film Time Bandits that hes making into a TV series

Oh right, thanks mate. I do like Up so thats good news. Didnt know there was going to be a Time Bandits series either. My watchlists get longer every month.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #53337 on: June 11, 2021, 03:23:18 pm »

Indiana Jones and the Last Paycheck

;D ;D

Wish they'd have made the 4th one about ten years earlier, I think around the time Spielberg was doing the 2nd Jurassic Park. I don't hate the last one to be fair, but it's obviously nowhere near the quality of the first few
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53338 on: June 11, 2021, 07:22:01 pm »
Army of the Dead.

And then he decides to use The Cranberries 'Zombie' as its theme tune, because, you know, she sings the word zombie in it. Completely showing lack of tact for the actual meaning of that song, but whatever. Zack Snyder for ye.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53339 on: June 11, 2021, 10:36:40 pm »
The Harley Quinn film was poor. I’m struggling to see the point in the character itself? Just an annoying female version of the Joker.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53340 on: June 12, 2021, 01:59:41 am »

Watched it 5 times already.  I thought I was hyped before.  That was PERFECT - favourite opening to a film since Baby Driver, if not before, utterly, utterly jaw droppingly great.  I was going to wait until my local cinema has it out on friday, but on monday there are a few previews going, and bradford is like 20 mins on the train from me and the light has it, so might be going before the official release.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #53341 on: June 13, 2021, 09:21:20 pm »
What are the best free streaming sites nowadays please chuffers? i mainly use Yify movies and BFLIX

Any other good ones?

And has anyone seen 8 for Silver  on any sites?

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53342 on: June 14, 2021, 07:26:41 am »
What are the best free streaming sites nowadays please chuffers? i mainly use Yify movies and BFLIX

Any other good ones?

And has anyone seen 8 for Silver  on any sites?
Its not a site, but I recommend an app - Stremio.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #53343 on: June 14, 2021, 10:58:49 am »
Its not a site, but I recommend an app - Stremio.
Ta Mate. ;)

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53344 on: June 14, 2021, 04:34:32 pm »
Watched it 5 times already.  I thought I was hyped before.  That was PERFECT - favourite opening to a film since Baby Driver, if not before, utterly, utterly jaw droppingly great.  I was going to wait until my local cinema has it out on friday, but on monday there are a few previews going, and bradford is like 20 mins on the train from me and the light has it, so might be going before the official release.

Thought In the Heights was great, if a bit on the long side and maybe could have used some more drama/emotional weight. But those really are minor complaints and I think the story itself is intentionally meant to be optimistic. I did really like the use of singing dialogue that would ordinarily be spoken, feels like a nice homage to Umbrellas of Cherboug.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #53345 on: June 15, 2021, 06:26:49 am »
Nobody

Batshit crazy, but a fun and improbable romp - kind of like a reboot of fantastical 90s mayhem with bullet proof invincible good guys and bad guys with Stormtrooper aim.

And a completely random rendiiton on YNWA to piss my missus off at the end :)

Good fun :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53346 on: June 15, 2021, 07:24:08 pm »
Saw Nobody today, sort of like John Wick but knows not to take itself as seriously.

Had an absolute blast watching it, and was surprised at the amount of laugh out loud moments.

Also in a complete change of pace watched The Father, great performances from Hopkins and Coleman.

The changing set, its use of time, and even the characters themselves leave you as confused as Anthony. Genuinely not an easy watch at times, and pretty harrowing.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #53347 on: June 16, 2021, 01:18:08 am »
Nobody

Batshit crazy, but a fun and improbable romp - kind of like a reboot of fantastical 90s mayhem with bullet proof invincible good guys and bad guys with Stormtrooper aim.

Thinking about what the official Evertonian response to this would be when watching it in cinemas or at home? Boo? Turn the other way round until the scene is over, or just leave the room/turn it off?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53348 on: June 16, 2021, 12:26:06 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U0CL-ZSuCrQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U0CL-ZSuCrQ</a>

Getting panned for not using enough black-latino actors.

:-\
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53349 on: June 16, 2021, 08:28:35 pm »

Who did they use?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53350 on: June 16, 2021, 11:49:30 pm »
Nobody

Made the film for me,laughed so hard thinking about all the people I  know who went from loving it,loving it,loving it to worst film ever & not watching the end.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #53351 on: June 17, 2021, 08:46:34 am »

Haha. ffs

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53352 on: June 17, 2021, 10:40:26 am »
Who did they use?

Apparently actors that were not dark enough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57481316

'Colorism' is a thing, I've no learned.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #53353 on: June 17, 2021, 10:56:20 am »
Went to the cinema for the first time in a long time. Watched Nobody.

Expected it to be great.

It was average.

Easy to turn the mind off, a few good quips. Had a bad case of "baddies can't shoot for shit". All wrapped up too neatly.

5/10

Actually 6/10 cos of the YNWA bit.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53354 on: June 17, 2021, 11:32:56 am »

Apparently actors that were not dark enough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57481316

'Colorism' is a thing, I've no learned.

It is a thing but as usual a certain section of society has decided to take it to another level. Throwing about the term racist is just mad.

Lots of darker skinned, very attractive dancers. But of course, not the lead therefore racist.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #53355 on: June 17, 2021, 12:05:54 pm »
A Quiet Place II

Decent film - made better by being in the cinema - I saw Part 1 in the house and it was shite

Part 2 because of the Cinema setting and insane audio had me and the missus jumping like there was no tomorrow - lots of jump scares in the film.

Also lots and lots and lots of silliness

Spoiler

When she kicks off the hearing aid and they get jiggy wid it - fair play they can shoot through it's armour with a shotgun or small rifle.

So... you're telling me with all the technology and firepower and armour and communication that the World Armies with modern tech couldn't defeat something that's basically got only melee attacks? An AWP from miles away could blow the shit out of it or how about missile launchers, bazookas, high calibre machine guns with a rpm of 10,000+? These things wouldn't rip these things to shit?

Same problem as the walking dead. Melee attacking creatures wouldn't have a hope against any well organised military.

A shout out to the least robbed shops in the history of looted shops goes to that one that STILL had drugs and shit in it a year after the first film. I mean WTAF. As if.

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53356 on: June 17, 2021, 06:25:49 pm »
Speaking of Lin Manuel Miranda, he's also directing this one here. An adaptation of the musical autobiography by Jonathan Larson, the man who created Rent. At this rate the Oscar nominees might be chock full of musicals next year.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kAJXFRshQfw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kAJXFRshQfw</a>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:49:18 pm by Zee_26 »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53357 on: June 17, 2021, 06:38:04 pm »

Looks absolutely terrible.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #53358 on: June 17, 2021, 09:00:28 pm »
Yeah those musicals look shite. Not for me ta

The only good musicals are Willy Wonka (first one), South Park movie and in theatre, Book of Mormon.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53359 on: June 17, 2021, 09:31:49 pm »
Yeah those musicals look shite. Not for me ta

The only good musicals are Willy Wonka (first one), South Park movie and in theatre, Book of Mormon.

And My Fair Lady and Once.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.