Author Topic: Dual Monitors  (Read 2684 times)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dual Monitors
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 07:15:49 pm »
It's HTML5. You can stream 4K content on HTML5 with integrated graphics  ::)

Netflix own support pages make no reference to a requirement for a GPU.

Integrated graphics are still a GPU....

To be honest, having read a bit about it, you are probably right, but I don't think you can completely rule out a driver issue or less likely faulty (integrated GPU) based on the info given.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2021, 05:36:03 pm »
The graphics card is updated. The integrated graphics card is also updated. I am able to stream Netflix, Diyney+ or Prime on the laptop without any issue (without monitor).

When the Dell monitor is connected as the secondary display through an HDMI cable, its still normal. Other streaming services like YouTube and other news websites like CNN, BBC and MSN (live TV) all work fine. I am able to drag the window in this case. I am also able to work normally by dragging windows, resizing them etc.

The second I open these three (and only these three; either through the app or the website) the Dell monitor goes blank and into power saver mode after some time. I am still able to drag windows there. I just cannot see what's happening because its blanked. Only the laptop screen is active in that case.

The high-speed HDMI cable is getting delivered tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 05:40:21 pm by ChaChaMooMoo »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2021, 05:55:34 pm »
The graphics card is updated. The integrated graphics card is also updated. I am able to stream Netflix, Diyney+ or Prime on the laptop without any issue (without monitor).

When the Dell monitor is connected as the secondary display through an HDMI cable, its still normal. Other streaming services like YouTube and other news websites like CNN, BBC and MSN (live TV) all work fine. I am able to drag the window in this case. I am also able to work normally by dragging windows, resizing them etc.

The second I open these three (and only these three; either through the app or the website) the Dell monitor goes blank and into power saver mode after some time. I am still able to drag windows there. I just cannot see what's happening because its blanked. Only the laptop screen is active in that case.

The high-speed HDMI cable is getting delivered tomorrow.

Yeah it definitely sounds like Graeme is right then,  just thought worth checking.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2021, 07:17:49 pm »
Yes. The high-speed HDMI cable worked. It did flicker once in the beginning when I started to watch an episode and it didn't go to the blank screen mode after that. I was able to move the Netflix window back to the monitor. :)

They delivered the wrong one so had to return it and order a new one. Hence the delay in the update.

Thanks a lot fellas. I did learn a lot about such things. :)