Lawnmowerman
12 (22.2%)
Betty
5 (9.3%)
Bobby
9 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: January 28, 2021, 03:13:28 am

Author Topic: Le Tissier Draft Quarter Finals  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Le Tissier Draft Quarter Finals
« on: January 27, 2021, 03:13:28 am »
SAMIE

VS

LASTRADOR

TREND

VS

HAZELL

CLAUS

VS

LAWNMOWERMAN

BETTY

VS

BOBBY

Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Re: Le Tissier Draft Quarter Finals
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 03:17:04 am »

I think it's a pretty obvious win for my team. We know they can all play together, because they're from a similar era. Tried and tested in the best league in the world.

Tactics are simple - two banks of four, solid shape, punt it up to Crouch who knocks it down for clinical Defoe. About as simple and as successful as it gets.

Compared to Lawnmowerman's mishmash of no marks? Ron Yeats wouldn't be able to keep up with Crouch's good feet (for a big man), Tommy Lawrence has never seen a ball hit as hard as Defoe. Batty crunches the unathletic midfield, freeing up Sky Sports' Jamie Redknapp to feed it to Crouch.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 04:52:49 am »
Whoever votes for Samie is voting for a dick.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 05:43:10 am »

Whoever votes for Hazell is voting for gentleman and a footballing scholar

On restarts, where most games are won/lost, I am not sure very many teams can defend my lads in air

1. Klose
2. Koulibaly
3. Son
4. Kuyt
5. Skrtel

All 5 runners --- all outsize Hazell's defenders and are missiles heading towards goal   -----> KDB puts it on goal, it would be a blow out.

But this is a game of opinions.  I like Passarella, Mendieta, Falcao and Jones.   

Ahem...  Who is going to mark these lads?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:17:39 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 10:29:40 am »
Lastrador, Hazell, Claus and Betty.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 10:39:08 am »
Really like BB’s team, has nice balance and symmetry, I’m a sucker for that. I can envision his side playing Well together and the colour coordination is well thought out. My back five will be a tough nut to crack though; aggressive and resolute defenders all. Going forward my front 4 are a match for any in this draft with the SAR pairing upfront, a virus with no antidote.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 12:18:59 pm »
Whoever votes for Samie is voting for a dick.

This man is a charlatan and likes dogging. 

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 12:21:44 pm »
Really like BB’s team, has nice balance and symmetry, I’m a sucker for that. I can envision his side playing Well together and the colour coordination is well thought out. My back five will be a tough nut to crack though; aggressive and resolute defenders all. Going forward my front 4 are a match for any in this draft with the SAR pairing upfront, a virus with no antidote.

Betty has a massive issue with his player kits. Mostly wearing club colours, apart from the Brazilians. Think this game is the hardest to call from all of them to be honest, very surprised at the gap
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 12:27:55 pm »
Got to say there's some odd results here, but just keeping up with tradition I guess!

Lastrador looks stronger in every single area there. Better goalie, better CBs, better full backs, better CMs and a more fluid, sensible attack.

Hazells midfield would absolutely ruin Marchisio, with De Bruyne vacating position constantly. Thats again with a much stronger central defence. Koulibaly and Skrtel would have nightmares with Trezeguet and Di Natale running in behind, it'd be penalties galore and Le Tissier the old toad never missed.

Claus rightly getting battered. Scandalous match fixing there too, just happening to get a bye for his own dreadful team in a draft he's running? I'll get onto PGMORAWK immediately.

Last game again in reality would be a slaughterfest in that midfield and Bettys full backs (the best in the draft by far) would have a field day down the flanks
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 12:28:17 pm »
Samie, Trend, Claus, Bobby.

Can't back Lastro's team - I love Ballack but having two selfish poacher type strikers, wing backs and the less-than formidable Tugay in front of the back two doesn't cut the mustard for me - the passing ability in Samie's midfield creates bucket loads for Batigol.

I really like Hazell's back four and midfield but can only accept my defeat if Trend goes on to win it all.  ;D Both good teams.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 12:30:50 pm »
Also have to admit that I only voted for Betty and LMM in my half awake state this morning, my fat thumb wouldnt hit the right buttons but obviously would also have voted for Hazell and Lastrador  :-[
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 12:37:10 pm »

A clear lack of plan when the centre backs have the ball.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 12:39:28 pm »
Lobo has never voted for me...EVER.  :( :'(

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 12:43:12 pm »
The match between betty and Bobby should be closer.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 12:50:21 pm »
Who allowed Bett's to get those full backs?  >:(

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 12:57:17 pm »
Last, Hazell, Lawn, Betty.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 01:00:17 pm »
You're a disgrace fatso and I was going to get you a Wispa.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 01:04:41 pm »
Is it too late to change my vote?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 01:11:06 pm »
Too late mate, I'm going to devour that.  8)

Also, Fuck Me! The prices on chocolates are way too high than ever before. What the fuck is going on?  :o

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 01:15:01 pm »
Samie, Trend, Claus, Bobby.

Can't back Lastro's team - I love Ballack but having two selfish poacher type strikers, wing backs and the less-than formidable Tugay in front of the back two doesn't cut the mustard for me - the passing ability in Samie's midfield creates bucket loads for Batigol.

I really like Hazell's back four and midfield but can only accept my defeat if Trend goes on to win it all.  ;D Both good teams.
You should be banned from drafting just for that. Tugay was THE MAN. ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 01:18:29 pm »
Ahem...  Who is going to mark these lads?

Whoever votes for Hazell is voting for gentleman and a footballing scholar

On restarts, where most games are won/lost, I am not sure very many teams can defend my lads in air

1. Klose
2. Koulibaly
3. Son
4. Kuyt
5. Skrtel

All 5 runners --- all outsize Hazell's defenders and are missiles heading towards goal   -----> KDB puts it on goal, it would be a blow out.

But this is a game of opinions.  I like Passarella, Mendieta, Falcao and Jones.   

#Lostthisoneintheweightroom.com
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:20:21 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 01:28:44 pm »
Getting trumped by Samie and his dick formation. Clear sign that one should quit.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 01:31:30 pm »
Anyone else and it would not even be brought up.

My midfield and attack are better than yours.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 01:31:35 pm »
A clear lack of plan when the centre backs have the ball.

The inspiration for this team was watching Fat Sam demand poor Chris Samba pump it long time after time years ago, but to be honest the arrows were getting too much.

Rest assured you'll be seeing that classic Carra two "step-launch it". Every time either man has the ball.

Also I originally had first pick in this one, so I redid it. When I got the bye I thought "fuck it" and just rode with it. If any team in here is getting a soft draw from the FA it's mine.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 01:34:01 pm »
Getting trumped by Samie and his dick formation. Clear sign that one should quit.

Do not be the Lastra Samurai ----  You are on a path Lastra-san.  Fulfill your destiny!!!!

Silva and Littbarski would feast

Clearly what is happening is comedic battle royale with cheese....  We have Bobby, Hazell, LMM, and Samie (Shit talkers HOF)....  I just hope that all of the fireworks go off :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:39:11 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2021, 01:36:47 pm »
Also, Fuck Me! The prices on chocolates are way too high than ever before. What the fuck is going on?  :o
Take back control!! of your chocolate

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2021, 01:37:13 pm »
Overath and Netzer would do unspeakable things to Labrador's midfield and defense.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2021, 01:39:37 pm »
Overath and Netzer would do unspeakable things to Labrador's midfield and defense.

They would light up your team like a pinball machine...  wait for the knock of the extra game.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2021, 01:45:50 pm »
I've no idea what you're saying but #VoteSamie

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2021, 01:58:20 pm »
Anyone else and it would not even be brought up.

My midfield and attack are better than yours.
Your team is shit as perusal, Samie boy:

You have two number 9s with similar characteristics playing off each other. Shit.

You have an extremely narrow midfield with little pace or bite, where all four players are playmakers. Awful.

But that is okay, cause all the wide in your team will be provided by Lauren and Fabio fucking Grosso. An average Italian journeyman and the worst player in the Invincibles. Embarrassing.

And then your CB pair, Toby and Augenthaler. One who's been an average one, at best, for most of his career, and the other one who was a sweeper. Laughable.

And to compound it all, you have Rustu Recber at goal.

Really, who votes for this shit?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2021, 02:08:03 pm »
Di Bartolomei was an all rounder, Luis Fernandez is the Defensive player of that midfield.

Overath and Netzer are allowed to roam where ever the fuck they want. You're correct that my full backs provide the width.

Alderwiereld is a quality defender and more than solid and  Auguntherlar played in a 4 man Defence numerous times for Bayern and Germany, so its' nothnig he can't adapt to quite easily.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 02:18:16 pm »
Di Bartolomei was an all rounder, Luis Fernandez is the Defensive player of that midfield.

Overath and Netzer are allowed to roam where ever the fuck they want. You're correct that my full backs provide the width.

Alderwiereld is a quality defender and more than solid and  Auguntherlar played in a 4 man Defence numerous times for Bayern and Germany, so its' nothnig he can't adapt to quite easily.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 02:18:16 pm »

They would if they have the legs for it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 02:21:33 pm »
Samie, Hazell, Mower, Bobby.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 02:25:56 pm »
Samie, Hazell, Mower, Bobby.

Andy have you decided if you want in on the ECL draft?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 02:31:39 pm »
They would if they have the legs for it.

Netzer certainly did and with their playmaking abilities there's no need to anyway.  :-* :P

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2021, 02:33:10 pm »

You said you liked my team old timer and it was YOU who did this for me.  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2021, 02:33:43 pm »
Andy have you decided if you want in on the ECL draft?

Yes mate I'm in I'll post in the relevant thread now!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2021, 02:37:11 pm »
People voting against this man, like the ones who stormed the capitol, shouldn't be allowed to vote.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fYzVgV538Cw&amp;t=153s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fYzVgV538Cw&amp;t=153s</a>

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2021, 02:42:18 pm »
You said you liked my team old timer and it was YOU who did this for me.  ;D

Good point.   I do like your team.   Unfortunately my old ass, and the adolescent inner child within, like to take the piss more.

Samie, these are my new thoughts.  Repeat this over and over again.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: