Author Topic: 1st Annual RAWK Anonymous UEFA Champions League Rules-Discussion & Poll Thread  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Maybe do 8 groups of 4. Top 2 through to the CL knockouts, like you did with the Euros, and then the 3rd place teams into a EL quarter final draw?

Exactly - bonus points for any 2nd team who makes knockouts

Perfect
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey lads - some of the more senior drafters - take a look at the proposed consortiums - and see if there are any you would change - need to decide on a couple things

1. Max # of teams to include (Balkan consortium has 6 teams - I’m okay with that)
    But are others we might limit or expand

2. Any rule about having to have at least 1 player from each team in consortium or not

3. If no players are selected from 1 team in consortium (Juventus consort - I.e. no Torino players) are the eligible to be selected for a managers second team?

4. Should we keep the 70s/80s/90s/00s/10s rule for first 16
     - second teams WILL NOT be limited by this
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I wouldn't keep rule 4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey lads

Gonna start working on the following

1. List of top 150 players who’ve played at multiple clubs by appearances (make it easier for managers

2. Series of threads -
             A. Rules Thread (Do Not Post In - Trend Only)

B. Subterfuge/Voting thread - only place where subterfuge points can be earned (THIS IS NEW)

C.  Tables, Rankings and Team Threads (starting lineups, descriptions, write ups, and anthems)

3. Finalizing Rules (if you have opinions - now is the time)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:24:47 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wouldn't keep rule 4

There are two elements of this rule (70s/80s/90s/00s/10s)

1.  Ensuring 1 from every category ------------------------------>   I assume this is the one part you would not keep.

2.  No more than 3 players from any one team or decade ----------->   This is something to consider (remove the top rule but make sure there is some mixing of the eras?)

*** the second one might be worthwhile.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
I personally think some sort of limitation against having just that one good Pep Barca team (eg each decade represented) would be a good idea, but I'm not too fussed about it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Are we excluding Messi and Ronaldo?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When i say I honestly don't understand any of what Trend is saying about this draft I really mean it.  ???

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

I hope not, unless we're excluding Maradona.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

No one is excluded, but there are Steals too, to take into account.

Each of the first 8 teams ranked (i.e. Milan Consortium, Barca or Real Madrid etc.) will be able to protect 2 players only before other teams can STEAL their players (up to 2 in total).

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When i say I honestly don't understand any of what Trend is saying about this draft I really mean it.  ???

Team Assignment - Samie gets a team yeah.... 

The rules for picking that team are changing because we are doing clubs, ECL, Europa and because there are six clubs above everyone else.

So to rebalance things, Trend with the help of Betty, DeFacto, LMM, Claus, Bobby and Lobo have talked and decided to tip the scales in other ways

1.  Changing rules limiting rosters (70s/80s/90s/00s/10s) requirement from last draft may not be needed (there are two parts to the rule --- 1 in each category plus no more than 3 from any decade --- we need to decide what would be best for most of the teams.

2.  Implementing a new rule called Steals - this allows teams that get a seeded consortium ranked 9th to 16th to steal players from seeds 1st thru 8th.  (rebalancing to make things more fair)

3.  Also, we all enjoy a little misdirection and shit talking --- so we added a few areas in the posting where bonus points may be incurred, especially if one is good at espionage (you might consider asking Prof again :)  (Subterfuge Points).

4.  The last pieces of this will become clearer when you are in it (such as the appearances resource for the top 150 players) because some of you may want the same players (Ronaldo - Man United or Real Madrid --- it goes by appearances so Real Madrid has first shot at him

The rest is about applying fairness and trying to keep people engaged in the fun parts because last time --- the anonymity thing worked well except for a few people (1 in the beginning and 2 or 3 at the end).  We do not want that again, but I think we all would like to keep playing with a chance of winning even if we do not have the best (team assignment, or the best draw, or the best voting results etc...).

Multiple ways to win means better engagement.  But since its new, it is confusing.

I recommend asking the lads or myself in a private message if you have questions.  But posting public declarations of confusion helps no one -- except create more uncertainty in my opinion.

Its the difference between trying to be funny and having some genuine curiosity of why Trend is going to spend countless hours doing this work again.

As I have said before,  I enjoy drafts where there are equal chances to win, where no one really knows who has who so relational biases are out, and there is some good banter being passed around.

Make no mistake, this is going to be a beast to run, and to do it right.   

My 5 year old is going to have a meltdown right at the same time many of you will want some immediate responses - so I have to prepare all of this in advance starting with Midnight to 3am shift initially just to get it off the ground and going

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 07:30:31 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You're telling me I shouldn't let you know what the fuck you're organising because it will confuse others when I'm already confused?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If we're getting points for talking shit, Samie has already won before we've started.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You're telling me I shouldn't let you know what the fuck you're organising because it will confuse others when I'm already confused?

I am saying your record of reading comprehension, understanding of what you are reading, ability to ask questions to resolve discrepancies, and reconciling the points at issue are much less developed than your ability to make short quick posts about being confused.

So, to make things easier for me (instead of having to go back and explain everything again in a post like I have done with you on many occasions), possibly you could either wait until we are closer to the draft to butt in or you could send me a PM asking a specific question.

We know you have confusion and probably some others will too as well.   This is a beginning conversation on the topic, and I am regretting already the idea of doing this draft again --- especially after the last time with you announcing that you had Holland and Russia.

I spent hours explaining the rules, and you come up with that.   Now, you are confused again.   Okay, I've had my whinge.

Okay, if I take you at your best and assume you do not want this kind of thing to happen again, but are worried you do not know enough that it might, how about send me a gentle PM, mate?   Spending hours, days on these things, I have answers -- if you'd ask questions.

Not sure if this a generational thing --- because I was taught that if someone took the time to type or write something out, it was my job to read it and develop questions if any arose.   
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:33:53 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

Just wait til you get your teams assigned, it's not that complicated but it is a lot to take in at once.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Just wait til you get your teams assigned, it's not that complicated but it is a lot to take in at once.
Especially for a Samie.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry I don't have a fuckin' Masters in New Age Draftology.

And you wonder why I reminisce about the "golden age" of Rawk drafting.  A much simpler time for all.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And you wonder why I reminisce about the "golden age" of Rawk drafting.  A much simpler time for all.

Samie. 

You're right.  I am way out of line.   Operating on thin patience and little sleep.  You do not deserve my worst.

What confuses you specifically mate?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

We could just redo all those old drafts, it's a different crowd now.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We could just redo all those old drafts, it's a different crowd now.
Can we go back to how drafts were done back then too? The rampant canvassing for votes by pm'ing. Jaysus they even had tentacles on twitter and i'm sure facebook or myspace or bebo or whatever was doing the rounds back then

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's confusing anyway samuel? It's the same draft as the last one with a few little tweeks.

I think the 3rd place going into a europa league style competition is a good idea. Would rather option 4 stays though for the top consortiums

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Can we go back to how drafts were done back then too? The rampant canvassing for votes by pm'ing. Jaysus they even had tentacles on twitter and i'm sure facebook or myspace or bebo or whatever was doing the rounds back then

Everyone hates me so I'm dead against this haha

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone hates me so I'm dead against this haha
Rawk and soccermanager is my only internet presence so i'd be fecked too

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Rawk and soccermanager is my only internet presence so i'd be fecked too

Oh fuck I forgot about soccer manager! Oops

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh fuck I forgot about soccer manager! Oops
I thought the Joe Gomez deal sealed your sm fate and that was your lot after that ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
That's what happens when you join three leagues and get the same player in two!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Don’t mention Joe Gomez around Trend, he’ll make sure you get allocated the mancs
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's what happens when you join three leagues and get the same player in two!
The fall out from that still rumbles. Gas oul stuff

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don’t mention Joe Gomez around Trend, he’ll make sure you get allocated the mancs

Nah, it’s alright.   

We have to own our childishness if we are to keep this group together.

Joe Gomez is a part of that history - no way to take it back now - just accept I can be a difficult twat

Manc allocation is random 👍🏼⚽️
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:35:59 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Nah, it’s alright.   

We have own our childishness if we are to keep this group together.

Joe Gomez is a part of that history - no way to take it back now - just accept I can be a difficult twat

Manc allocation is random 👍🏼⚽️

Draft orders are random too, so if I randomly get the Mancs it would be extremely random for you to pick 12th from now on

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Draft orders are random too, so if I randomly get the Mancs it would be extremely random for you to pick 12th from now on

Calls of corruption will cause penalty subterfuge points -  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Whinging
Blaming losses on the group being philistines
Crying over team assignments
Advocating for special favors
Rushing to judgment before looking at resources of a team
Suggesting that Trend cares who wins or loses - the only thing I like are pens because it means you decide the outcome

Maybe there should be a commission points subtraction system
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:41:53 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
If we're getting points for talking shit, Samie has already won before we've started.

It's like Samie's on his pre season tour...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's confusing anyway samuel? It's the same draft as the last one with a few little tweeks.

I think the 3rd place going into a europa league style competition is a good idea. Would rather option 4 stays though for the top consortiums

Deffo with the lawman on article 4

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Calls of corruption will cause penalty subterfuge points -

Whinging
Blaming losses on the group being philistines

The others are fine but you can't take these away

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's like Samie's on his pre season tour...

Thanks Bobby, but to be fair to Samwise, I was not at my best with him in terms of my lack of patience, arrogance or actually trying to uncover what is confusing the lad.

Not his fault.  If I am honest, I probably expected him to have more of an apologetic tone because of last time, instead of invoking the past.

But that's just as much on me. 

Samie takes some stick on here a lot and he handles it a lot better than myself, minus the recent bout of tourettes :)

Let's see if we can move on and solve problems.  That's when these drafts are most fun, is when you guys can enjoy yourselves doing what you do best --- shit talk.

I am hopeful Samie will be just fine.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:50:42 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Bobby, but to be fair to Samwise, I was not at my best with him in terms of my lack of patience, arrogance or actually trying to uncover what is confusing the lad.

Not his fault.  If I am honest, I probably expected him to have more of an apologetic tone because of last time, instead of invoking the past.

But that's just as much on me.  He takes some stick on here a lot and he handles it a lot better than myself, minus the recent bout of tourettes :)

Lets see if we can move on and solve problems.  That's when these drafts are most fun, is when you guys can enjoy yourselves doing what you do best --- shit talk.

I am hopeful Samie will be just fine.

Samie is a pussycat. We love and cherish him. But sometimes he needs to be chastised...spare the rod spoil the manchild. Like when you're in the supermarket and that screaming kid just does your head in? That's Samie. Stay off the fucking transfer thread,might help your mood, Samie you little blert

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here is a help list for your ECL Tourney Research

Player Name                           Most Appearances - Ties are broken Alphabetically                                                                  One Club Guys - * not using NASL or MLS appearances

Club #1                  Club #2              Club #3             Club #4             Club #5                               

Cristiano Ronaldo               Real Madrid             Man United          Juventus           Sporting CP                                                     Maldini - AC Milan
Maradona                           Napoli                     Argentina Jrs        Boca Jrs             Barcelona                                                       Gerrard - Liverpool
Ronaldo                              Real Madrid             Inter Milan             PSV                 Barcelona          Corinthians                            Iniesta - Barcelona
Zidane                                Real Madrid             Juventus             Bordeaux           Cannes                                                            Messi - Barcelona
Ronaldinho                         Barcelona                 Gremio               AC Milan           Ath Minero        Flamengo                               Puyol - Barcelona
Modric                                Real Madrid             Tottenham      Dinamo Zagreb                                                                            Xavi - Barcelona/Al-Aribi
Neymar                               Barcelona                Santos                   PSG                                                                                       G Muller - Bayern Munich
T Henry                              Arsenal                   Monaco              Barcelona             Juventus                                                        Pele - Santos
Beckham                            Man United             Real Madrid           PSG                                                                                        Lahm - Bayern Munich
Cruyff                                 Ajax                       Barcelona            Feyenoord                                                                                F Baresi - AC Milan
Robben                              Bayern Munich         Chelsea                   PSV                Real Madrid        Gronigen                             Bergomi - Inter Milan
Suarez                               Barcelona                  Ajax                  Liverpool              Gronigen          Nacional                               Totti - Roma
Lewandowski                     Bayern Munich        Dortmund      Znicz Pruszkow       Lech Poznan                                                    Giggs - Man United       
Bergkamp                          Arsenal                     Ajax                 Inter Milan                                                                                 Scholes - Man United
Batistuta                           Fiorentina                 Roma               Boca Juniors           Al Aribi            River Plate                              T Muller - Bayern Munich
Ibrahimovic                          PSG                    Inter Milan               Ajax                  Juventus          AC Milan                                 Costacurta - AC Milan
Baggio                               Juventus                 Brescia              Fiorentina              AC Milan         Inter Milan                               Eusebio - Benfica
Raul                                  Real Madrid            Schalke 04                                                                                                            Zanetti - Inter Milan
Rooney                              Man United             Everton           Derby County
Rivaldo                              Barcelona               Palmeiras            Olympiacos           Bunyodkor       Corinthians
Lampard                            Chelsea                 West Ham              Man City
G Best                                Man United             Fulham               Hibernian
Figo                                   Barcelona             Real Madrid          Sporting CP             Inter Milan
R Carlos                            Real Madrid           Fenerbache          Palmeiras               Corinthians      inter Milan
Beckenbauer                    Bayern Munich      Hamburger SV
Terry                                 Chelsea                Aston Villa     
Del Piero                            Juventus               Sydney FC
Hazard                              Chelsea                 Lille FC              Real Madrid
Drogba                             Chelsea                 Le Mans              Guingamp             Galatasaray         Marseille       
Ramos                              Real Madrid            Sevilla
Et'o                                   Barcelona             Mallorca              Antalyaspor           Inter Milan
Romario                          Vasco de Gama          PSV                 Fluminense            Barcelona
Matthaus                           Munich                 Gladbach            Inter Milan
Pirlo                                 AC Milan               Juventus               Brescia                 Inter Milan
Cafu                                   Roma                  AC Milan             Sao Paolo              Palmeiras
Kroos                              Real Madrid         Bayern Munich       Leverkusen
De Bruyne                        Man City                 Genk                 Wolfsburg            Werder Bremen
B Moore                          West Ham               Fulham
Nesta                              AC Milan                 Lazio
Bale                               Real Madrid           Tottenham          Southampton
Charlton                        Man United               PNE
Hagi                              Galatasaray               Steau               Real Madrid               Brescia                   Barcelona
Stoichkov                      Barcelona               CSKA Sofia             Hebros                   Parma
Platini                        Nancy-Lorraine           Juventus             St. Etienne
Aguero                          Man City                 Atletico             Independiente
Cantona                        Man United             Auxerre              Marseille
T Silva                               PSG                   Fluminense           AC Milan                 Chelsea
Mbappe                             PSG                     Monaco
H Sanchez                    Real Madrid              UNAM                  Atletico
M Laudrup                     Barcelona               Juventus              Real Madrid               Lazio
Van Nistlerooy              Man United           Real Madrid               PSV                 Hamburger SV
Alves                             Barcelona                Sevilla                 Juventus                 Sao Paolo
Kaka                              AC Milan             Real Madrid           Sao Paolo
Rijkaard                           Ajax                    AC Milan             
Gullit                            AC Milan              Feyenoord                 PSV                     Chelsea                   Sampdoria
Scirea                            Juventus                Atalanta
Cannavaro                      Parma                  Juventus            Real Madrid                Napoli                    Inter Milan
Alonso                        Real Madrid            Liverpool            Real Sociedad         Bayern Munich
Alcantara                   Bayern Munich         Barcelona             Liverpool
Di Stefano                   Real Madrid           Millonarios           River Plate
Puskas                        Real Madrid         
Van Basten                    AC Milan                Ajax
Neeskens                     Barcelona                Ajax                  Racing Club               Gronigen
Stam                           Man United               PSV                      Lazio                      AC Milan                     Ajax
Van Dijk                       Liverpool                Celtic               Southampton              Gronigen
Sneijder                          Ajax                 Galatasaray           Inter Milan               Real Madrid
Mane                           Liverpool             Southampton        RB Salzburg
Nedved                        Juventus                 Lazio                Sparta Prague
Zambrotta                   Juventus               AC Milan               Barcelona                       
Ferdinand                  Man United           West Ham                Leeds                      QPR
Keane                        Man United           N Forrest                 Celtic
Redondo                    Real Madrid           Tenerife              Argentinos Jrs            AC MIlan
Mascherano                 Barcelona            Liverpool              River Plate              Corinthians                       
Ayala                           Valencia                Napoli              Real Zaragoza            River Plate             AC Milan
Passarella                    River Plate           Fiorentina             Inter Milan
Souness                       Liverpool          Middlesbrough         Sampdoria                Rangers
Vasovic                          Ajax                   Partizan               Red Star
Jairzinho                      Botafogo               Cruzeiro              Marseille
Socrates                     Corinthians           Botafogo              Fiorentina                   Santos                Flamengo
Tostao                         Cruzeiro          Vasco de Gama
Rivelino                      Corinthians          Fluminense 
Zico                             Flamengo              Udinese
Falcao                        Internacional            Roma                Sao Paolo
Gerson                          Botafogo            Flamengo             Sao Paolo               Fluminense
Didi                            Fluminense            Botafogo            Real Madrid              Sao Paolo
D Santos                      Palmeiras           Portuguesa         Atl Paranaense 
Aldair                            Roma                 Flamengo                 Benfica
Lucio                       Bayern Munich        Inter Milan               Leverkusen             Internacional            Palmeiras
Garrincha                     Botafogo            Flamengo               Corinthians
C Alberto                      Santos              Fluminense              Flamengo
Rummenigge            Bayern Munich       Inter Milan
Sammer                      Dortmund            Stuttgart                 Inter Milan
Klose                            Lazio              Kaiserslautern          Bayern Munich         Werder Bremen
Seedorf                      AC Milan           Real Madrid                Botofogo                      Ajax                    Inter Milan
Makelele                     Nantes                Chelsea                      PSG                     Real Madrid              Celta Vigo
Davids                        Juventus               Ajax                     Tottenham                 AC Milan                 Inter Milan
Barnes                        Liverpool           Watford                   Newcastle
Brehme                  Kaiserslautern       Inter Milan             Bayern Munich             Zaragoza
DeSailly                      Nantes               Chelsea                   AC Milan                   Marseille
Thuram                      Parma                Monaco                    Juventus                   Barcelona
Vieira                         Arsenal            Inter Milan                  Juventus                   Man City
Kante                         Chelsea           Leicester City
Shearer                      Newcastle         Blackburn                Southampton
D Silva                       Man City           Valencia                       Eibar                      Celta Vigo
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I don't have a clue what's going on.

PM me when I have to do something please.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm ready Trend, GIVE ME AC MILAN!