Author Topic: Bold Street and Castle street to be pedestrianised (trial run)  (Read 10302 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Bold Street and Castle street to be pedestrianised (trial run)
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2020, 08:04:23 pm »
^^ that's how they are going to do it on the strand, with it totally separate.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2020, 09:11:43 pm »
When it comes to cycle paths you need something like on Park Lane in Liverpool, where it's built into the road, but separated from it by its own kerb. It's the only way to stop motorists from slipping into the cycle lane.

That said, I've been walking along pavements more than once and found a cyclist coming straight at me, when there is a perfectly good cycle lane clearly marked on the pavement, mere inches away :butt

Cycle along Oxford Rd in Manc quite often, which has cycle lanes like that. Nearly every time, there's a private hire driver sat across it, right where the entrance to a kerb bit is. Once even saw a car parked (no one in it) straddling the double kerb stone. :butt

The cycling infrastructure doesn't work as long as there's twats driving around. And if there wasn't, there was no need for specific cycling infrastructure. :-\
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2020, 09:57:00 pm »
Cycle along Oxford Rd in Manc quite often, which has cycle lanes like that. Nearly every time, there's a private hire driver sat across it, right where the entrance to a kerb bit is. Once even saw a car parked (no one in it) straddling the double kerb stone. :butt

The cycling infrastructure doesn't work as long as there's twats driving around. And if there wasn't, there was no need for specific cycling infrastructure. :-\

Was down Park Lane today and saw somebody parked like a complete cock.  One wheel was on the kerb of the cycle lane!  How did they pass their test?? :lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2020, 10:07:25 pm »

Bet they have Wolverhampton plates too
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2020, 07:31:15 pm »
Some band just got the whole of Bold Street singing along to Hey Jude by the sounds of it ;D