Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2020, 06:08:32 pm »
Started with Pears, got two fruit islands so got Apples and Peaches from them, then got Oranges and Cherries off a friend so I have all the fruits now.

Guess I should pay for online if I want them all then, trying to cut down on all that since I’m furloughed (as if I haven’t just subscribed to Disney+) ;D

Got Pashmina as one of my neighbours. She’s a bit of a dickhead.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »
Guess I should pay for online if I want them all then, trying to cut down on all that since I’m furloughed (as if I haven’t just subscribed to Disney+) ;D

Got Pashmina as one of my neighbours. She’s a bit of a dickhead.

Online is only like £3.78 a month :)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2020, 07:22:10 pm »
Online is only like £3.78 a month :)

Just done it for the year for £15, fuck it.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 1, 2020, 12:16:24 pm »
Got cherries from using a Tom Nook ticket yesterday...now have cherries, pears and oranges.

Tried to go to other people's islands but the online seems pretty weak, managed it once in three hours of trying, and got kicked off without getting to keep anything I picked up. Was a bit miffed.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #44 on: April 1, 2020, 05:11:25 pm »

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 1, 2020, 05:15:14 pm »
;D those tarantula's are bastards!

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2020, 12:15:50 am »
;D those tarantula's are bastards!

The trick is to edge toward them. Don't move while they have their front legs raised. As soon as they lower the legs, nudge forward again. Eventually you'll get close enough to bag 'em.

Got my shop this morning so spent 90 mins this evening sorting out furniture for the three other animals moving here. Felt like genuine work at times ;D But got my fourth fruit on a trip to a mystery island, so that's something.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2020, 12:52:09 am »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 2, 2020, 11:31:27 am »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2020, 11:32:27 am »
Got my shop this morning so spent 90 mins this evening sorting out furniture for the three other animals moving here. Felt like genuine work at times ;D But got my fourth fruit on a trip to a mystery island, so that's something.

Yesterday I caught a villager tending to the tulip garden I built for him which was a super gratifying moment.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2020, 02:19:05 pm »
My garden there, takes quite a while to water ;D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 2, 2020, 04:59:36 pm »
My garden there, takes quite a while to water ;D

Holy shit you've got so much there ;D

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #52 on: April 2, 2020, 05:01:27 pm »
Holy shit you've got so much there ;D

It’s taught me not to pop balloons over flowers though, if it lands in the flowers the present just disappears.

I’m getting a bit sick of Bunny Day it has to be said. I just want to pay off my latest house upgrade and my new bridge but I’m making a third of the bells I was prior to yesterday because everything is eggs. Goes on for another two weeks as well, argh.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 2, 2020, 05:06:35 pm »
It’s taught me not to pop balloons over flowers though, if it lands in the flowers the present just disappears.

I’m getting a bit sick of Bunny Day it has to be said. I just want to pay off my latest house upgrade and my new bridge but I’m making a third of the bells I was prior to yesterday because everything is eggs. Goes on for another two weeks as well, argh.
Yeah they've totally fucked the randomness when I would say 80% of every item you fish for now is an egg! Apparently they only sell for 1 Bell each too? A lot of people on the Reddit have said "ok this is what finally made me want to do time travel" and they've gone to April 13th

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #54 on: April 3, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »
Got my Switch Lite today and caved in about 3 seconds after switching it on and put a few hours into Animal Crossing

Loving it! Bit stuck but I guess the first day or two are slow. It's so zen, relaxing and cute. Just weeding the island and catching butterlies for money, all enslaved by Tom Nook's capitalism!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 3, 2020, 10:15:50 pm »
Got my Switch Lite today and caved in about 3 seconds after switching it on and put a few hours into Animal Crossing

Loving it! Bit stuck but I guess the first day or two are slow. It's so zen, relaxing and cute. Just weeding the island and catching butterlies for money, all enslaved by Tom Nook's capitalism!

The first 3-4 days are a little slow because there’s only so much you can do, but you’ll soon have tons of crafting recipes and be wondering what to build and how to start designing your island 👍

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 4, 2020, 12:57:45 pm »
The first 3-4 days are a little slow because there’s only so much you can do, but you’ll soon have tons of crafting recipes and be wondering what to build and how to start designing your island 👍

I've put a campfire on the beach! Is there a point to that? "Design your Island" sounds boss  ;D Just exploring stuff, finding new stuff every time I play! Played Wild World so I am not totally lost.

But how do I fish??

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 4, 2020, 01:03:20 pm »
I've put a campfire on the beach! Is there a point to that? "Design your Island" sounds boss  ;D Just exploring stuff, finding new stuff every time I play! Played Wild World so I am not totally lost.

But how do I fish??

Craft a fishing rod (5 tree branches) look for shadows in the water and cast. When they pull the thingy under, reel them in.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 4, 2020, 01:52:57 pm »
Enjoying this so far, only on my second day so still getting to grips with the basics.

Did a load of weeding and sold it all, then took an axe to a tree and got attacked by wasps... What do you need for the medicine? Weeds... Will have to wait for some to grow back!

Lovely relaxing game to while away an hour or two.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 4, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »
Enjoying this so far, only on my second day so still getting to grips with the basics.

Did a load of weeding and sold it all, then took an axe to a tree and got attacked by wasps... What do you need for the medicine? Weeds... Will have to wait for some to grow back!

Lovely relaxing game to while away an hour or two.

You need the wasp nest to make the medicine, you can also just talk to a villager the first time you get stung and they’ll give you a free medicine.

After that you can buy them from Timmy at the resident services

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 4, 2020, 02:47:00 pm »
You're better off buying medicine for 400 bells. There's a few DIY recipes that use wasp nests and if you keep recycling the ones you find into medicine, you'll never have enough to make something with them!

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 4, 2020, 04:09:53 pm »
Cheers. First islander I bumped into mentioned medicine but didn’t give me any. Will have a chat to the other just in case but then go and buy some and keep hold of the wasp nest.

If there any way to store stuff you collect beyond your pockets? Or does that come later on?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 4, 2020, 04:47:44 pm »
Cheers. First islander I bumped into mentioned medicine but didn’t give me any. Will have a chat to the other just in case but then go and buy some and keep hold of the wasp nest.

If there any way to store stuff you collect beyond your pockets? Or does that come later on?

Upgrade your tent with the 5,000 nook miles, you get a storage in the upgraded home.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 4, 2020, 04:57:20 pm »
what's all the island visiting stuff about? My airport has just opened!

Everything I catch or even fish (thanks Samie for the tip!) is a bloody egg.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #64 on: April 4, 2020, 06:17:30 pm »
what's all the island visiting stuff about? My airport has just opened!

Everything I catch or even fish (thanks Samie for the tip!) is a bloody egg.

Avoid the medium (size 3) shadows as they’re usually eggs, and if they are fish, then they’re not particularly worth catching bar a couple of exceptions. Go for the small or large shadows and you’re good, or use fish bait. Since I’ve done that I’ve been much less annoyed by eggs, the balloons are still a bit irritating though.

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 4, 2020, 06:18:59 pm »
Upgrade your tent with the 5,000 nook miles, you get a storage in the upgraded home.

Cheers. Paid off the initial debt earlier so think I can upgrade now. Might have one more night in the tent!

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 4, 2020, 07:04:51 pm »
Cheers. Paid off the initial debt earlier so think I can upgrade now. Might have one more night in the tent!

I was going to stay living in the tent forever like a smelly hippie but unfortunately it locks out other content I think - so naturally went full capitalist pig and now have the 348000 grand house with extra room and nearly paid that off too ;D

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #67 on: April 4, 2020, 10:07:11 pm »
I was going to stay living in the tent forever like a smelly hippie but unfortunately it locks out other content I think - so naturally went full capitalist pig and now have the 348000 grand house with extra room and nearly paid that off too ;D

Amateur. I paid off my 598 grand house last night and did the extension ;D

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2020, 12:58:29 am »
Amateur. I paid off my 598 grand house last night and did the extension ;D

:wellin well played!  ;D

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2020, 09:05:38 am »
Blimey! I’ve only just gone for the first house...

I’m still at the stage where I’m pogoing across the rivers to hunt for museum pieces... Lots of weeding to do on the new island sections!

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 5, 2020, 08:47:13 pm »
Thoroughly sick of the Bunny Day stuff now. Shame it's overshadowing the cherry blossom stuff, as the recipes for that are much nicer. However I can't seem to get many of them - my partner has lovely cherry wood walls and I don't have the recipe :(

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 6, 2020, 11:14:12 am »
I need iron for the shop but am struggling to get it currently. Will need a few trips to other islands I guess!

Have just got the upgraded tools, do they last forever or just a bit longer? Would be handy not having to remake them every other trip out...

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 6, 2020, 11:54:13 am »
I need iron for the shop but am struggling to get it currently. Will need a few trips to other islands I guess!

Have just got the upgraded tools, do they last forever or just a bit longer? Would be handy not having to remake them every other trip out...

Just a bit longer than the others I'm afraid. even when you get 'golden' tools later on they still apparently break eventually.

Once you unlock the tool customisation option, you can refresh them by changing the colour of the handles etc. which resets them and makes them 'new' basically, so I'm hoping this helps me out going forward as you only need the customisation pack and no materials so makes it easier than crafting new ones all the time.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #73 on: April 8, 2020, 10:53:27 am »

If you dig two holes behind a rock with just enough space for you to stand between the rock and the holes, it’ll stop you bouncing back when you hit the rock and you can hit it up to eight times and get materials. You’ll get a fair few eggs at the moment unfortunately but if you go to mystery islands you should be able to get all your iron pretty quickly.

Make sure you use your shovel not an axe, and don’t eat any fruit beforehand or you’ll just smash the rock ☺️

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2020, 03:15:54 pm »
exchanged some eggs for easter baskets... the same thing 3 times

so traded in all my eggs for 11k bells and paid off some of my loan  :D

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2020, 06:40:18 pm »
I caved and bought it and now another devoted slave to Nook Inc.

How do you get the trips to mysterious islands?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2020, 08:11:08 pm »
I caved and bought it and now another devoted slave to Nook Inc.

How do you get the trips to mysterious islands?

You buy a ticket from Nook's ATM in Resident Services. 2000 Nook Miles to you fine sir.

Bet Tom Nook's fucking investing in all kinds of dodgy shit overseas.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »
You buy a ticket from Nook's ATM in Resident Services. 2000 Nook Miles to you fine sir.

;D
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2020, 08:25:25 pm »

He must be stopped.

Thank fuck Bunny Day is over.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2020, 09:11:57 pm »
got the museum setup, the pole for vaulting, and it's finally opening up for me! Was adorable, the game knowing my birthday yesterday  :D

Few annoyances... the bike you can buy is not rideable?

And let me guess, this backpack I ordered won't add more space will it...