Author Topic: The Totally Football Show - free podcast with James Richardson & friends...  (Read 37165 times)

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
I think he's a good presenter but I've noticed he's pretty snide about LFC at times.

The throwback season reviews have been great. Michael Cox is always a good listen.

He has his own podcast through The Athletic called Zonal Marking, it's free on podcast apps.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
The European crew doing a CL retro show on BT Sport now. Best football pundits going by a country mile.
It's superb. There is one on tonight.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
Is it wrong to hope that this format lasts long enough for them to get to the CL 2004/05 season?

11 June.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
I think he's a good presenter but I've noticed he's pretty snide about LFC at times.
Really? I haven't.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
11 June.

Can't wait, BT Sport showed our run in 2005 and that whole run was incredible, the obvious games like Olympiakos, Chelsea and the final were terrific but the Juventus game was incredible, it's not remembered that we battered them in the first half at Anfield (like we did Barcelona in 2007) and Luis Garcia's goal still looked as good as it did back then. It's often forgotten how important he was in the knockouts, just a shame he didn't cap it in the final :P

I'd forgotten the injuries we had as well, Carson and Kirkland playing games, Cisse breaking his leg, Luis Garcia pulling up against Monaco and Gerrard and Alonso not being available in some of the knockout games.

Mad run.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Really? I haven't.

Snide might be OTT because it's always harmless really, I just get the impression he's not a lover of LFC at all as he's quick to get a dig in whenever possible, but that's fine, it's probably partly his general style and partly his age with us dominating the 80's, there's no doubt he's a good presenter and it doesn't take away from the show.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 12:10:07 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Snide might be OTT because it's always harmless really, I just get the impression he's not a lover of LFC at all as he's quick to get a dig in whenever possible, but that's fine, it's probably partly his general style and partly his age with us dominating the 80's, there's no doubt he's a good presenter and it doesn't take away from the show.

He'll have a 'go' at any team as long as there's a pun involved, usually fantastic. I remember Javier Hernandez scored an equalizer to make it 1-1 in Anfield and Jimbo said "Little pea spoils Liverpool's clean sheet", loved that one.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Think he does it to every team really. We can't expect Liverpool to be given love by everyone, it's never malicious when he does his jokes and puns, and he does it to all other clubs just as much.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Their PL review next Monday is 2000/01 so should be a good listen. Think we did OK that season.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
Their PL review next Monday is 2000/01 so should be a good listen. Think we did OK that season.

Loved that season, aside from the Mancs winning it of course. Our treble, Ipswich tearing up the league and that Leeds side was fantastic too.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
CL 2004/05 review today. Should be a good listen.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
And here it is. Got a bit emotional.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7605409-classic-embarrassing-move
(James R, James H, Alvaro, Sash)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That was brilliant mate, thanks, listening to you and James in particular took me back to that season in all its glory :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
And here it is. Got a bit emotional.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7605409-classic-embarrassing-move
(James R, James H, Alvaro, Sash)

That was fantastic  :D

Big transfer news this morning:  Totally Football to the Athletic (fee not disclosed).  It's basically the same, but if you're an Athletic subscriber you don't have to hear the ads from a certain bookie.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
That was fantastic  :D

Big transfer news this morning:  Totally Football to the Athletic (fee not disclosed).  It's basically the same, but if you're an Athletic subscriber you don't have to hear the ads from a certain bookie.
The Athletic's podcast app is painful though.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Yeah I'd prefer a password-protected RSS feed to add to my podcast app, if possible. No more insufferable adverts for that bookies is a major bonus.

Remember that bit in The Simpsons where Bart goes for an earring, every other shop in the mall is a Starbucks and he's told to choose one quickly because "in 5 minutes this place is becoming a Starbucks?"

That, but with the Athletic and sports journalism.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Carl Anka speaks so much shite.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan

United fan. Not surprising.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

Can't be as bad as the one on Football Weekly that said our league title would be tarnished by how bad the women's team have been.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan

He's awful.

Offline Rheinbacher

• Main Stander
Agree, he tries to come up with these original takes on things which are always a load of nonsense.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
Recorded one on the whistle last night
https://audioboom.com/posts/7616779-and-now-it-s-there
(James, Duncan, Sash + Rory Smith & Rafa Honigstein, Michael Cox, Oliver Kay, Neil Atkinson)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^ great that mate, cheers

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I like the Totally Football show but its become pretty unbearable recently between the ads and the promotions for its other shows etc. Its an ad, then about 3 minutes of talking then a promotion for the Football league show, then a few more minutes, then talking about the Athletic....

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS Euro daily. Big Atalanta-PSG preview from J&J. Shakhtar, Lovren, VAR in Russia from me.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7655881-squirt-emoji
(James, James H, Julien + Sash)

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS Euro daily. Reviewing Inter-Shakhtar, previewing RB-PSG
A veritable Battle of the Nations with added Ronaldo, Sergio Rico and Joachim Murat
https://audioboom.com/posts/7660105-not-the-face
(James, James H, Sash + Rafa, Julien, Alvaro)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Good stuff. The adverts are becoming more invasive but it's worth putting up with for what's got to be the best all-star combination of pundits that you can get in football content.

Nuts how much has gone under The Athletic's banner though. The very good Tifo Podcast has gone from being sponsored by to being part of The Athletic also. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is the PaddyPower insert going down to a short monologue from Lee a sign of it being phased out?

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Agree, he tries to come up with these original takes on things which are always a load of nonsense.

I've long thought Anka was awful and am glad to read you say what I think. He tries far too hard. He often sounds like he's talking to a child.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
TFS Euro daily. FC Bayern - Champions of Europe.
Also featuring a PSG striker who did better than a former queen of France.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7664809-roll-the-loaded-dice
(James, Michael Cox, Daniel Storey, Sash + Julien)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
Sash, I meant to say a while ago: the episode where you cried recollecting Istanbul was one of my favourite ever podcast moments. Great stuff, always enjoy your contributions.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Good stuff as always Sasha.

I've noticed James uses similar jokes/puns on here to when he does BT sports shows. Always stop and confuse myself thinking "heard that one before!"

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Totally Football Show - free podcast with James Richardson & friends...
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2020, 04:30:10 pm »
Karen Carney with a brilliant debut on Thursday's pod. More of her please. An ex-pro actually using her experiences to make points rather than have a dig.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2020, 09:42:42 pm »
Enjoyed TAW Neil's national exposure growing.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2020, 02:08:02 pm »
Pod - James + Sash, Michael Cox, Daniel Storey
https://audioboom.com/posts/7708425-could-he-be-any-more-prolific
One or two words about Jordan Pickford

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2020, 07:29:45 pm »
Anyone else find that since it's joined The Athletic the overall time has come down and the number of ads has gone up?

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2020, 07:21:36 am »
I can’t explain just how annoying I find Carl Anka

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 6, 2020, 10:24:09 pm »
Anyone else find that since it's joined The Athletic the overall time has come down and the number of ads has gone up?

Don't think so. The actual football conversation should be <1 hr anyway, which can be challenging.

PS People have preferences, of course, but not sure what there's not to like about Carl to be honest.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2020, 10:25:45 pm by Pata »