Author Topic: Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy(PS4) - June 30th 2017  (Read 5391 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy(PS4) - June 30th 2017
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:36:32 pm »
As a big fan of the original games on the PlayStation, I'm really looking forward to these remasters/remakes from Vicarious Visions, who will take the original Naughty Dog games and bring them into the next generation.

The Trilogy will include Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. So far only confirmed as a PS4 release, it will cost 40 dollars and come out on June 30th 2017.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F7G91RjVmvk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F7G91RjVmvk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-tSpxblKUqM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-tSpxblKUqM</a>

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy(PS4) - June 30th 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 03:26:43 pm »
Can't wait for Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy VII to be released, got high hopes for both.

Posted from 1997 using my Net Yaroze PS1.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 08:41:44 am »
Out today. Anybody going to be trying it?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:49:04 am »
Should be delivered to mine later, can't wait to play it after work!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:11 pm »
Mines turned up today, can't wait to play it now :D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2017, 06:02:39 pm »
Picked it up and its nostalgic as hell.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2017, 06:13:37 pm »
Finished the first game in about 5 hours, don't remember it being that short as a kid ;D

There was one level though called 'The High Road', which is a bridge where you have to use tortoises to jump across. I went into it with 60 lives and came out of it with about 5...
« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 07:54:41 pm by bailey90 »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7 on: July 1, 2017, 07:23:25 pm »
Finished the first game in about 5 hours, don't remember it being that short as a kid :'D

There was one level though called 'The High Road', which is a bridge where you have to use tortoises to jump across. I went into it with 60 lives and came out of it with about 5...
Finished all three games, or just the first?

I remember the first one being incredibly hard in places, which is a good thing on this kind of game.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: July 1, 2017, 08:07:32 pm »
Finished all three games, or just the first?

I remember the first one being incredibly hard in places, which is a good thing on this kind of game.

Just the first. Not started the other two yet.

The bridge one was awful. And it was just one section of it too that took me about 55 lives  :butt haha.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #9 on: July 1, 2017, 09:00:17 pm »
Picked it up and its nostalgic as hell.

Agree with that.  Can't decide if I'm particularly impressed or not yet - I've not found anything 'under the hood' that's particularly changed and the downloadable originals were a decent nostalgia hit a few years back.

That said, it's telling that I didn't play through much of those downloadables whereas I expect I'll be finishing these on the PS4 (the trophies probably help here!).

Did the originals have the 'time trial' leaderboards?  Already lost about and hour watching my "one more go"/"that one didn't count" housemate on this earlier ;D

Just the first. Not started the other two yet.

The bridge one was awful. And it was just one section of it too that took me about 55 lives  :butt haha.

I'll look out for this, though nothing will ever top the Lion King waterfall on the Mega Drive ;D
« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 09:02:01 pm by jackh »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: July 1, 2017, 09:02:00 pm »

I'll look out for this, though nothing will ever top the Lion King waterfall on the Mega Drive ;D

Oh god that was a hard game ;D I remember the stampede level being an absolute bitch.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 1, 2017, 09:16:23 pm »
Agree with that.  Can't decide if I'm particularly impressed or not yet - I've not found anything 'under the hood' that's particularly changed and the downloadable originals were a decent nostalgia hit a few years back.

That said, it's telling that I didn't play through much of those downloadables whereas I expect I'll be finishing these on the PS4 (the trophies probably help here!).

Did the originals have the 'time trial' leaderboards?  Already lost about and hour watching my "one more go"/"that one didn't count" housemate on this earlier ;D

Crash Bandicoot: Warped the original one had Time Trials, this new one added it to 1 and 2. I mean the games are basically the same, better graphics and some nice quality of life stuff.

Also you can play as his sister Coco now on many levels which you couldn't on PS1.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 09:19:44 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 1, 2017, 11:44:49 pm »
Took me about 2 hours to jump over the last rotating pig corpse on the hog riding level. I'm sure my eight year old self was better than me.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #13 on: July 2, 2017, 01:49:04 am »
Took me about 2 hours to jump over the last rotating pig corpse on the hog riding level. I'm sure my eight year old self was better than me.

Does RAWK have a 'Things I never thought I'd say' thread? ;D

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 2, 2017, 03:07:49 am »

Actually a lot of players seems to have an issue with that one, weird hitbox on that rotating pig.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 2, 2017, 02:33:46 pm »
That level took me ages as well, not sure how I actually got through it in the end, seemed like pure luck.

Native Fortress was annoying to say the least, but nothing compared to Road to Nowhere. Even knowing this spoiler / "cheat":

Spoiler
You can jump onto the ropes at the side of the bridge and run along them
[close]

it still took me ages.

Also, second spoiler, a quick way to build up lives:

Spoiler
Play The Lost City level, get to the first set of flying bats. Stand under the stationary hanging bat. The flying bats will fly upwards just before that so won't hit you, but if you spin you can hit them and get wumpa fruit. Takes about 30 seconds to get 100 fruit and a life. Get as many lives as you want then quit out of the level.
[close]

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: July 2, 2017, 05:37:19 pm »

Weirdly, I didn't have much problem with that. Think it took me 2 or 3 lives.

'Native Forest' and 'The High Road' on the other hand...

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: July 3, 2017, 05:38:03 pm »
Loving it so far, although all those memories of me losing my shit as a kid are flooding back to me, forgot how difficult it was as others have mentioned.
Forgot all about things like the bonus rounds. Managed to finish the Fortress level that seems to be pissing a lot of people, whilst it was frustrating I've been having a mare on 'Temple Ruins'. Lost over 20 lives on that level easy, had to turn it off :D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18 on: July 3, 2017, 09:55:48 pm »
Ok so, Crash 2 is a LOT harder than Crash 1  :o
« Last Edit: July 3, 2017, 09:57:24 pm by bailey90 »

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: July 4, 2017, 04:14:38 pm »
Having a nightmare on "The High Road", took me & my mate about an hour to do the first type of these levels earlier.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: July 4, 2017, 04:21:56 pm »
Having a nightmare on "The High Road", took me & my mate about an hour to do the first type of these levels earlier.

I lost 55 lives on The High Road...

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 4, 2017, 05:18:17 pm »
Ok so, Crash 2 is a LOT harder than Crash 1  :o

Really? I always thought Crash 1 was the hardest one.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22 on: July 4, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »
Really? I always thought Crash 1 was the hardest one.

Maybe it's because I played Crash 1 a lot more as a kid, so when I just played it now I flew through it.

But playing Crash 2 now, I feel like I've already died more in the first 10 levels than I did all throughout Crash 1 (if you don't count 'The High Road').

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 4, 2017, 05:31:21 pm »

I used the ropes :D

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 4, 2017, 08:05:52 pm »

Just platinum'd Crash 1  8)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: July 4, 2017, 08:55:11 pm »

Just platinum'd Crash 1  8)

I don't even know if I dare attempt to. Can imagine it's hair-pullingly frustrating :butt ;D

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 7, 2017, 11:10:21 am »
I don't even know if I dare attempt to. Can imagine it's hair-pullingly frustrating :butt ;D

Haha yeah it is. Especially the time trials!

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #27 on: July 7, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »
Anyone finished it in the Liverpool area selling it ? Can't find it anywhere

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 02:57:41 pm »
Has it always been this bloody hard!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 03:16:27 pm »
Has it always been this bloody hard!

It certainly feels A LOT more hard than before and really frustrating too. I gave up on Crash 1 after spending 6 hours on Native Fortress, I did it eventually and got a few levels after that but I kept hearing how later levels were way harder and had no desire to try them.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 05:14:50 pm »
It certainly feels A LOT more hard than before and really frustrating too. I gave up on Crash 1 after spending 6 hours on Native Fortress, I did it eventually and got a few levels after that but I kept hearing how later levels were way harder and had no desire to try them.
Literally just spent an hour of my life on Native Fortress, nightmare.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 11:10:12 am »
Give this a good go yesterday. One of the most frustrating games I have ever played. The jumping is just impossible! Games these are definitely more forgiving! Refrained from throwing the controller through the TV. Managed to get past the native fortress level but constantly dying by simply falling over the edge! I find using the d-pad is a bit easier which feels strange. I hope crash 2 and 3 are a little more forgiving!

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 03:34:30 pm »
Give this a good go yesterday. One of the most frustrating games I have ever played. The jumping is just impossible! Games these are definitely more forgiving! Refrained from throwing the controller through the TV. Managed to get past the native fortress level but constantly dying by simply falling over the edge! I find using the d-pad is a bit easier which feels strange. I hope crash 2 and 3 are a little more forgiving!

2 and 3 are easier... and in my opinion better.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 2, 2019, 10:37:11 pm »
Anyone got Crash Team Racing yet?

Yes it's really good.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #35 on: July 3, 2019, 08:30:21 am »
Anyone got Crash Team Racing yet?

I thought i was boss at this game as a kid. Bought it last week and jumped straight online: turns out i'm utter s**t and my mates are even worse.

When it rains, it pours on that game. You could be cruising in first position having the time of your life and then BAM! a rocket hits you, and then someone fires a cannon ball at you. Then someone goes past you with one of them masks spinning into you, and then just to top it off you end up bouncing into a potion or a TNT. Right laugh.

Good game though.
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 4, 2019, 08:54:00 pm »
I thought i was boss at this game as a kid. Bought it last week and jumped straight online: turns out i'm utter s**t and my mates are even worse.

When it rains, it pours on that game. You could be cruising in first position having the time of your life and then BAM! a rocket hits you, and then someone fires a cannon ball at you. Then someone goes past you with one of them masks spinning into you, and then just to top it off you end up bouncing into a potion or a TNT. Right laugh.

Good game though.
Same. ;D I like to think I'm pretty good at powersliding but then you see people who can keep their boost going for pretty much the whole track. You've got no chance against them.

Definitely enjoying the game though and not just for the nostalgia, it's just a really good game in its own right.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #37 on: July 9, 2019, 10:37:36 am »

Same.

Same ;D

Bought it for my brother last week and we gave it a spin briefly on Thursday evening - I ended up about 20 seconds off the back of the pack in just very short races!  I'll pick it up for myself at the end of the month and put some practice in.

Is it good online?

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 08:23:19 pm »
Same ;D

Bought it for my brother last week and we gave it a spin briefly on Thursday evening - I ended up about 20 seconds off the back of the pack in just very short races!  I'll pick it up for myself at the end of the month and put some practice in.

Is it good online?
Yep, but a very steep learning curve. If you can get really good at power sliding and keeping your boost from the turbo pads for as long as possible, you're golden. I got really good at them by doing the single-player time trials and now I'm competitive online.  :)

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2020, 04:32:34 pm »
Crash 4 coming October  ;D