Author Topic: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.  (Read 63122 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.
« Reply #80 on: February 7, 2016, 08:10:27 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #81 on: February 8, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tLDYHRWXzDQ&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tLDYHRWXzDQ&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Mooji.

Love it.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 8, 2016, 09:03:46 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 9, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/35t1GUqGsIQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/35t1GUqGsIQ</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M1F0lBnsnkE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M1F0lBnsnkE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:21 pm »
There are a lot of good quotes in here    :)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2016, 10:39:14 am »
I like to mix it up a bit.  Get people dancing through their homes as they're pushing a hoover around or just cracking a smile whilst they're shaving  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2016, 10:11:25 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2016, 08:00:57 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZsDUXo5TcZY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZsDUXo5TcZY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
Fucking brilliant RB.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:26 pm »
Thank Crimson Tank for that one, John. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2016, 06:22:55 am »
Thank Crimson Tank for that one, John. ;)

:thumbup
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2016, 07:41:50 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »
Hmmm, not sure about the top one at all, I know people will stand by it but I know situations were people can misjudge or misunderstand people.

That's not good enough for this thread imo  :P   ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:42 pm »
Hmmm, not sure about the top one at all, I know people will stand by it but I know situations were people can misjudge or misunderstand people.

That's not good enough for this thread imo  :P   ;D

You might be surprised by the amount of thought I put into selecting images.  But in this case my gut instinct was to share. ;)

But in all honesty, not every image or video is going to resonate with every person.  And they're not really meant to.  We're all different after all. :)

I'm lining up some new ones to post up over the next few days.  I'm sure people will enjoy them.  8)

Popcorn's Art

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2016, 10:35:45 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEI85hYB_IEhttp://

Sorry,dont know how to put the video up,but this made my foot tap so much I sprained my ankle.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2016, 11:43:55 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEI85hYB_IEhttp://

Sorry,dont know how to put the video up,but this made my foot tap so much I sprained my ankle.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AEI85hYB_IE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AEI85hYB_IE</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2016, 12:38:30 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AEI85hYB_IE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AEI85hYB_IE</a>

Cheers,thanks for that!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2016, 06:22:17 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2016, 06:37:18 pm »
It’s Random Acts of Kindness Week: The Health Benefits of Being Kind

Did you know that people who are kind produce 23% less cortisol (the stress hormone) and age slower than the average population? It’s true. Engaging in acts of kindness actually lowers blood pressure and reduces stress.

Science also shows that being kind rewards everyone with increased energy and well-being–even people viewing the kindness are infused with positive benefits.

A magazine article in the 1980’s by Anne Herbert – and her later book, Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty (first published by Conari Press in 1991) – began the ‘random acts of kindness’ craze that is abbreviated for social media to #RAK. Ms. Herbert was sitting in a Sausalito, California restaurant when she was first inspired to scribble these words on a place mat: “practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.”

The idea has been carried into communities and churches and even picked up by a non-profit foundation.

This year, The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is asking individuals to sign a Kindness Pledge and spread the word via social media about their #Pledge2BeKind. The organization would also like to collect as many personal stories as possible.

Kindness also has a natural way of spreading, without any organization at all. Stanford University studies show that when people are the recipients of kind words or deeds they are automatically more likely to behave kindly toward others–thus spreading the original generosity even further.

If health benefits and happiness aren’t enough for ambitious youth, consider a new report from Harvard that recommends that college applicants focus on kindness instead of overachieving.

Start Your Own Ripple… Try These Random Acts of Kindness This Week:

For People on Streets:
Carry umbrellas or bundles of new socks in your car and hand them out when you see someone who could benefit.

Driving Through Restaurants and Tolls:  Pay the bill for the next car behind you at a toll booth or a coffee shop, and you will get a delightful feeling.

Talk to Someone Waiting in Line with You:
  A simple gesture like talking to someone who is alone in line with you is an act of kindness. Be courageous the next time you get an inner nudging urging you to strike up a conversation. Most people have things in common and this kind of interchange can lead to happiness and even laughter, which others in line will envy.

Send Someone a Random Note or Email of Appreciation:
Enhance your work relationship or reconnect with a beloved friend by dropping a quick note to them on their Facebook page or by email. Even better, send a card through the mail.

Compliment Others: Whether it is about how you look, or how they you feel, everyone enjoys hearing an unexpected compliment. Try to point out something good about each person you talk to this week.

Smile at Everyone You Pass:
You will get health benefits just by smiling at people; and you never know when you will turn around someone’s bad mood with a cheerful hello and generous smile.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/kinder-people-live-longer-random-acts-of-kindness-week/

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2016, 08:35:38 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2016, 01:52:57 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2016, 10:09:38 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2016, 04:26:20 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:17 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2016, 02:27:26 am »
 :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r3MxMfzWfbE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r3MxMfzWfbE</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:00 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27:43 pm »
There's something about this clip that, in the face of all of the 'bad' news we are constantly confronted with, really made me smile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35628620

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2016, 10:17:40 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2016, 11:31:08 am »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2016, 07:06:36 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2016, 07:57:21 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2016, 08:43:46 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2016, 08:41:52 am »

Popcorn's Art