Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 302975 times)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2017, 11:46:58 pm »
They haven't shown Paul Casey all night and he's in the top five. What the fuck.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2017, 12:05:46 am »
Their experiment with the coverage has failed. All night they've been showing fellas on 4 or 5 over lagging up puts for birdie or par, no one wants to see that.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33:51 am »
Stupid shot from Jason Day, right behind a tree & went for the Green & his shot ended up in a bush & took a penalty stroke for unplayable lie. rather than chipping out onto the fairway & try & take 5.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2017, 12:39:58 am »
Jason Day ends up with a quadruple bogey 8 on the last goes to level par
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2017, 12:41:01 am »

You'd know I have him backed  ;D ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2017, 04:17:24 am »
Hard to think of a more idiotic decision as he just shot himself out of contention. Where was his caddy in all this?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:18 am »
Hard to think of a more idiotic decision as he just shot himself out of contention. Where was his caddy in all this?

Yep should have took his medicine & bailed out left onto the fairway, but got too greedy.

On the TV coverage, BBC are reliant on the host broadcaster for TV coverage, be same if the PGA was still on SKY, not BBCs fault if some of the players near the top of the leaderboard are being missed out.
#Sausages

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2017, 12:24:01 pm »
Stupid shot from Jason Day, right behind a tree & went for the Green & his shot ended up in a bush & took a penalty stroke for unplayable lie. rather than chipping out onto the fairway & try & take 5.

That will go down in history as one of the biggest brain farts ever. Even if he had somehow pulled off a miraculous shot he would have still ended up on a downhill lie in thick Bermuda rough trying to hack out onto a fast green with water the other side. He must have had a brain haemorrhage walking from the tee.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2017, 12:27:16 pm »
That will go down in history as one of the biggest brain farts ever. Even if he had somehow pulled off a miraculous shot he would have still ended up on a downhill lie in thick Bermuda rough trying to hack out onto a fast green with water the other side. He must have had a brain haemorrhage walking from the tee.
Anyone else find it weird he was always laughing whenever he hit a bad shot or missed a put. This wasn't any wry smile it was full on laughter.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2017, 01:14:45 pm »
Anyone else find it weird he was always laughing whenever he hit a bad shot or missed a put. This wasn't any wry smile it was full on laughter.

Could be the medication for his vertigo  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2017, 05:50:51 pm »
Could be the medication for his vertigo  ;D

It's definitely something anyway as I've never seen a golfer happier to be hitting shit shots  ;D. After fucking over Jason Day yesterday I've now turned my attention to Justin Thomas. Sorry in advance to anyone else who has backed him.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2017, 07:34:41 pm »
Sunday evening major golf, you can't beat it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2017, 07:38:37 pm »
Sunday evening major golf, you can't beat it.

Athletics first, then flicking over, come on Matsuyama!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2017, 07:41:07 pm »
Athletics first, then flicking over, come on Matsuyama!

First chance I've had all weekend to actually sit down and watch a good bit of the golf, I'm not passing it up. Sorry Nick but Justin Thomas is this year's winner.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2017, 07:49:23 pm »
Aaaaand I've already put the mockers on Thomas  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:12 pm »
Can't believe how many times the ball has finished inside the Red hazard line but not ended up wet, that players have had a shot without taking a drop.
#Sausages

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2017, 09:05:58 pm »
Peter Alliss drives me mad. The most recent player he's heard of is Mickelson.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:41 pm »
Aaaaand I've already put the mockers on Thomas  ;D

He's back in it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2017, 10:29:30 pm »
Compelling viewing this, can tell none of the leaders have contended too often. All looking pretty nervous.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2017, 10:33:14 pm »
Thomas and Matsuyama playing together. Thomas chips in. Matsuyama putts and Maureen says he'll have heard the cheers but won't know where from! :lmao

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2017, 10:36:41 pm »
Thomas and Matsuyama playing together. Thomas chips in. Matsuyama putts and Maureen says he'll have heard the cheers but won't know where from! :lmao
maybe he wasn't looking ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2017, 10:37:30 pm »
maybe he wasn't looking ;D

Fair point, I take it back!

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2017, 10:39:56 pm »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than Peter Alliss. To be fair, at least she correctly identified both players.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2017, 10:53:28 pm »
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than Peter Alliss. To be fair, at least she correctly identified both players.

Well if you had the under on 'Peter Alliss mentions something about political correctness before 11.00', then congrats.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2017, 11:22:02 pm »
Matsuyama misses a crucial putt. Think Thomas has this. My mate had him at 40/1 the wanker!

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2017, 11:27:53 pm »
Matsuyama misses a crucial putt. Think Thomas has this. My mate had him at 40/1 the wanker!

Be thankful for small mercies. At least that fat fucker Patrick Reed isn't going to win it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »
Be thankful for small mercies. At least that fat fucker Patrick Reed isn't going to win it.

True. Might get nowt back from Matsuyama at this rate, pretty mental back nine from all of them.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2017, 11:50:08 pm »
Didn't want to come in here to put the mockers on him but fuck me what a performance. 5/1 was a crazy price this afternoon.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2017, 11:51:21 pm »
It was always just a matter of time before he won one.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2017, 11:52:35 pm »

Is right Gerry incredible talent. How does he hit the ball so far for such a smaller guy?

If i'm not mistaken that was a 7-iron to the 17th?

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2017, 11:59:05 pm »

If the 59 earlier this year wasn't a calling card then the 63 in the 3rd round of the US open certainly was.
You can see him and Spieth duelling for majors consistently over the next few years.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2017, 05:12:46 am »
Delighted for JT, he's a gent and a serious talent. He was always going to win one but was slightly surprised it was so soon but you feel now that there's more to come.

Shame Kisner struggled today but can't help but feel he may surprise a few and win one next year. I'm a big fan of his.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #232 on: August 16, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »
I think I've just about calmed down from having to listen to Peter fucking Alliss over the weekend - how can Sky boast about having a designated golf channel but don't have coverage one of the four masters?

It was only a matter of time for JT to win but never thought this would be the weekend for him to do it. Delighted for him and seems a really nice guy (or he does in interviews, Instragram and Snapchat anyway!) and was nice for Spieth to be there at the end as JT was for him at The Open.

Rickie Fowler will be burning inside to join his mates in the Majors club now, Rory will be pissed royally pissed off with his recent results and Matsuyama will be annoyed with coming so close and not winning - all of which can only be good for the game. Can't wait for the FedEx play offs now!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »
I think I've just about calmed down from having to listen to Peter fucking Alliss over the weekend - how can Sky boast about having a designated golf channel but don't have coverage one of the four masters?

It was only a matter of time for JT to win but never thought this would be the weekend for him to do it. Delighted for him and seems a really nice guy (or he does in interviews, Instragram and Snapchat anyway!) and was nice for Spieth to be there at the end as JT was for him at The Open.

Rickie Fowler will be burning inside to join his mates in the Majors club now, Rory will be pissed royally pissed off with his recent results and Matsuyama will be annoyed with coming so close and not winning - all of which can only be good for the game. Can't wait for the FedEx play offs now!

Yeah, Thomas seems like a really good lad. This USPGA win was his fourth since last October, so as you as it was a matter of time. He and Spieth are best mates aren't they? Fowler too, they all seem close. Fowler has the game, he just doesn't quite have the nous and/or mentality in majors but I'm sure it'll come. Rory is weighing up his next move, he doesn't know whether to take another break to let his injury heal again. At 28 it is incredibly foolish to say he wont win another major, but he has to really improve in certain aspects of his play. He no longer can just out-drive every one on the course and his short game has always been a weakness but even more so lately. He's got to get a proper caddy, settle down with any drama, concentrate on his weaknesses and play more golf. If he does that he'll get back to winning big tournaments.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2017, 06:11:38 pm »
Is right Gerry incredible talent. How does he hit the ball so far for such a smaller guy?

If i'm not mistaken that was a 7-iron to the 17th?

Yeah, five foot ten and ten stone dripping wet, amazing.
And yes, a seven iron 214 freaking yards, wtf?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:12 pm »
Yeah, five foot ten and ten stone dripping wet, amazing.
And yes, a seven iron 214 freaking yards, wtf?

Pretty sure it was in to a bit of a breeze as well, think the commentators were saying it was playing about 220  :o

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:22 pm »
Pretty sure it was in to a bit of a breeze as well, think the commentators were saying it was playing about 220  :o

I struggle to carry a driver that far.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2017, 11:30:27 pm »
Yeah, Thomas seems like a really good lad. This USPGA win was his fourth since last October, so as you as it was a matter of time. He and Spieth are best mates aren't they? Fowler too, they all seem close. Fowler has the game, he just doesn't quite have the nous and/or mentality in majors but I'm sure it'll come. Rory is weighing up his next move, he doesn't know whether to take another break to let his injury heal again. At 28 it is incredibly foolish to say he wont win another major, but he has to really improve in certain aspects of his play. He no longer can just out-drive every one on the course and his short game has always been a weakness but even more so lately. He's got to get a proper caddy, settle down with any drama, concentrate on his weaknesses and play more golf. If he does that he'll get back to winning big tournaments.

I think he lives - or was until recently - with Fowler and they, along with Spieth and Smiley Kaufman, are a tight group of friends. Which will only drive Fowler even more to win that first major.

Rory is who I always want to win, but he frustrates like no other. Can play better than anyone on his day, but he can't seem to do that over 4 days in one weekend. He rushes his short game and is pretty wild with the putter at times. And like you say, it's not enough just to out-drive his competitors anymore.

Thought it was an odd decision to sack JP and replace him (and his entire management team!) just before a major but he seemed much more relaxed and happy at Quail Hollow to be fair. From what I read this week, it seems like he's taking the next 8 months off to let his rib injury heal. Let's hope that's not the beginning of the end of his top 10 status.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2017, 03:00:42 pm »
I think he lives - or was until recently - with Fowler and they, along with Spieth and Smiley Kaufman, are a tight group of friends. Which will only drive Fowler even more to win that first major.

Rory is who I always want to win, but he frustrates like no other. Can play better than anyone on his day, but he can't seem to do that over 4 days in one weekend. He rushes his short game and is pretty wild with the putter at times. And like you say, it's not enough just to out-drive his competitors anymore.

Thought it was an odd decision to sack JP and replace him (and his entire management team!) just before a major but he seemed much more relaxed and happy at Quail Hollow to be fair. From what I read this week, it seems like he's taking the next 8 months off to let his rib injury heal. Let's hope that's not the beginning of the end of his top 10 status.

JT lives with Bud Cauley now I'm sure, he's another young talent who will have a big 2018.

On Rory, I do think a long term break will do him well. Take the time to get over everything and work on his game with his coaches and new caddy. I'm not the biggest Rory fan but he is so frustrating to watch at times as silly mistakes cost him regularly.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2017, 06:00:01 pm »
nice to see tiger back  :wellin