Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 111449 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #160 on: February 3, 2018, 09:58:16 am »
Amazed the fact he was questioned under police caution about a fraud case hasn't been mentioned here yet!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-42903284

IT was mentioned in another thread, can't remember which.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 3, 2018, 10:31:29 am »
IT was mentioned in another thread, can't remember which.

The Everton thread I believe.  The Bitter Blue Bellend.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2018, 09:14:16 am »
Anyone see him on that £1 Houses programme on Channel 4 this week? All over it when the film crews came to film the project, nowhere to be seen on the trailer for Episode 2 where residents were clearly angry during a meeting with the Council.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2018, 11:36:56 am »
Anyone see him on that £1 Houses programme on Channel 4 this week? All over it when the film crews came to film the project, nowhere to be seen on the trailer for Episode 2 where residents were clearly angry during a meeting with the Council.

He, unsurprisingly, came across as a complete bellend.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2018, 12:14:56 pm »
There is no surprise at the anger directed towards the council because of the delay other houses are getting done,fucking crazy to expect harmony in any area when you have that situation.
It looks quite clear the council fucked up planning & ensuring all houses should have been modernised at the same time.
There should really have been a contract drawn up better than the one which seems to have failed badly.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2018, 12:26:46 am »
This is the guy arranging a half billion loan to his beloved EFC with us as the  guarantors, hope  he gets a receipt for the money when he hands it to Moshila and luvvy kenwright.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2018, 12:58:11 pm »
Look at my empire of student accommodation!!!

What do you mean they pay no council tax?!?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2018, 06:08:43 pm »
Look at my empire of student accommodation!!!

What do you mean they pay no council tax?!?

:lmao fucking hell
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2018, 10:41:08 am »
tweeted about being warm in his redrow house yesterday because someone asked steve rotheram what he was going to do about joe selling off calderstones.

He's a grade a c*nt. And an absolute disgrace and embarrassment to this city.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2018, 11:25:32 am »
Was sent this a few days ago,nothing new but..

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 1, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »
Absolute disgrace. They asked him to comment last night about the frustrations of residents who had been allocated a house on the £1 scheme but had been unable to start work because of a legal issue on some of the properties. He answered along the lines of, "When I was 11 I wanted a Scalextric but got a water pistol, you don't always get what you want"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2018, 02:42:17 pm »
Absolute disgrace. They asked him to comment last night about the frustrations of residents who had been allocated a house on the £1 scheme but had been unable to start work because of a legal issue on some of the properties. He answered along the lines of, "When I was 11 I wanted a Scalextric but got a water pistol, you don't always get what you want"

Saw that and then looked smug whilst having a sip of tea

Came across as a complete bell end

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 1, 2018, 05:42:11 pm »
Saw that and then looked smug whilst having a sip of tea

Came across as a complete bell end

Yeah and tweeting the other night how he was sitting in his redrow home keeping warm by burning all his brown envelopes ,  He's morphing into trump I reckon

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #173 on: March 5, 2018, 12:48:57 pm »
Just witnessed a briefing/conference with our bald leader. Dropped an f-bomb twice and accidentally referred to ‘Brexit’ as ‘Breakfast’
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #174 on: March 5, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »
Just witnessed a briefing/conference with our bald leader. Dropped an f-bomb twice and accidentally referred to ‘Brexit’ as ‘Breakfast’

Probably peckish.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: March 5, 2018, 12:55:56 pm »

To be fair to him he'd probably only had 3 breakfasts this morning rather than his usual 5, so expect he was hungry.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #176 on: March 5, 2018, 02:06:46 pm »

I look forward to hearing something from Mr Creosote along those lines over Evertons new stadium progress...

...I know I promised you a load of council tax payers money to enable the build of a new stadium but all I can give you is a loan to purchase 500 litres of Ronseal exterior wood treatment instead. You don't always get what you want...

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #177 on: March 5, 2018, 02:23:45 pm »
I look forward to hearing something from Mr Creosote along those lines over Evertons new stadium progress...

...I know I promised you a load of council tax payers money to enable the build of a new stadium but all I can give you is a loan to purchase 500 litres of Ronseal exterior wood treatment instead. You don't always get what you want...

;D
Should hold the Bullens up for another 10 years.

He did show his true colours on the £1 houses programme,arrogant twat.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #178 on: March 6, 2018, 02:48:26 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #179 on: March 6, 2018, 02:52:21 pm »
An absolute joke of a man fat shite.

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: March 6, 2018, 11:41:53 pm »
Did his parents promise he'd get Scalextric when he got the water gun? He's an embarrassment
Ye wha la.

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #181 on: March 8, 2018, 12:19:44 pm »
It seems like we will have even more pollution in town with a bus hub.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveOldHaymarket/posts/2023293191021422
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 9, 2018, 11:44:29 am »
The city DOES need a new bus station.  Liverpool One covers south Liverpool, where Queen's Square handles central and northern Liverpool.  The northern routes really need to be moved out because it really clogs up the city centre; Queen's Square was a botch job of a design.

Maybe if they hadn't been so keen to sell off the old National Express station for student flats (ha!) we could have relocated some buses there without too much fuss.  But noooo.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 9, 2018, 02:04:25 pm »
The city DOES need a new bus station.  Liverpool One covers south Liverpool, where Queen's Square handles central and northern Liverpool.  The northern routes really need to be moved out because it really clogs up the city centre; Queen's Square was a botch job of a design.

Maybe if they hadn't been so keen to sell off the old National Express station for student flats (ha!) we could have relocated some buses there without too much fuss.  But noooo.

Yes, but there is still a lot of empty land that end of the city centre, once you are past London Road. The link suggests that there is a large space "behind Williamson Square" which is confusing.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 9, 2018, 06:17:29 pm »
Yes, but there is still a lot of empty land that end of the city centre, once you are past London Road. The link suggests that there is a large space "behind Williamson Square" which is confusing.

Looks like they want it in the "triangle" around the Queensway tunnel, probably also up St John's Lane.  There's some big old trees in the area that would have to come down.  :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 9, 2018, 08:35:07 pm »
Did his parents promise he'd get Scalextric when he got the water gun? He's an embarrassment
to be fair to his parents it’s much harder to eat a water gun than a scalextric

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 9, 2018, 08:47:45 pm »
to be fair to his parents it’s much harder to eat a water gun than a scalextric

If only he had pointed his water pistol at a live electrical socket...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2018, 09:29:27 am »
Queens Square bus station is far too small, which is why most South Liverpool routes avoid it, the old Hood Street Gyrotory that Queens Square replaced was an eyesore but most of the routes served Hood Street, even St Johns Lane was used so buses could terminate/start.

There was plans in the late 70s for a bus station around the Exchange Station area think this would have replaced the old Pier Head bus station, but that got shelved due to cost, was meant to connect to Moorfields Station via an overbridge which is why Moorfields was built the the way it is.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2018, 09:58:05 am »
Queens Square bus station is far too small, which is why most South Liverpool routes avoid it, the old Hood Street Gyrotory that Queens Square replaced was an eyesore but most of the routes served Hood Street, even St Johns Lane was used so buses could terminate/start.

There was plans in the late 70s for a bus station around the Exchange Station area think this would have replaced the old Pier Head bus station, but that got shelved due to cost, was meant to connect to Moorfields Station via an overbridge which is why Moorfields was built the the way it is.

The gyratory certainly wasn't pretty - well, except for the beautiful trees and boulders of the roundabout - but it was most definitely functional.  Whoever thought reducing it from three lanes either side to a single lane needs a good kicking.  One bus breakdown and the entire city centre gets gridlocked.

Moorfields was part of the "city in the sky" project; along with all the other now long vanished bridges, like at James Street and Queen's Square the plan just never worked out right.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2018, 10:07:35 am »
The gyratory certainly wasn't pretty - well, except for the beautiful trees and boulders of the roundabout - but it was most definitely functional.  Whoever thought reducing it from three lanes either side to a single lane needs a good kicking.  One bus breakdown and the entire city centre gets gridlocked.

Moorfields was part of the "city in the sky" project; along with all the other now long vanished bridges, like at James Street and Queen's Square the plan just never worked out right.

Not only gridlock when a bus breaks down, but Queens Square can get gridlocked when you get a couple of buses going to the same stand, & can have this scenario all over Queens Square, the bus behind has to wait for the bus in front to load up & depart, & this can be a right pain in the arse at the stand by the lights at the St Johns Lane junction, & the lights take an age to get through the cycle back to Green.
#Sausages

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2018, 12:01:12 pm »
It is just as bad by Blacklers when there is more than one bus pulling in. The angle the buses approach at is plain stupid, it almost seems as thought they should reverse out after they have picked up/dropped off.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2018, 12:09:07 pm »
A good-sized bus station would fit on Pall Mall behind the old Exchange Station, would be the best site for anything like that I feel.  You'd lose some/all the NCP car park but hey, encouraging people to use public transport, links to Moorfields (which is connected to every Merseyrail station) and all that.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2018, 12:24:40 pm »
A good-sized bus station would fit on Pall Mall behind the old Exchange Station, would be the best site for anything like that I feel.  You'd lose some/all the NCP car park but hey, encouraging people to use public transport, links to Moorfields (which is connected to every Merseyrail station) and all that.

Common sense and practical but we are talking about Uncle Joe so that doesn't apply.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2018, 02:54:10 pm »

Not only gridlock when a bus breaks down, but Queens Square can get gridlocked when you get a couple of buses going to the same stand, & can have this scenario all over Queens Square, the bus behind has to wait for the bus in front to load up & depart, & this can be a right pain in the arse at the stand by the lights at the St Johns Lane junction, & the lights take an age to get through the cycle back to Green.

Absolutely.  The Junction by St John's lane isn't even wide enough for two buses to sit abreast.  Liverpool One does it right, but maybe that's because it just doesn't see the same high rate of traffic as Queen's Square does. 

It is just as bad by Blacklers when there is more than one bus pulling in. The angle the buses approach at is plain stupid, it almost seems as thought they should reverse out after they have picked up/dropped off.

Blackers is just plain stupid.  They HAVE to run the buses through Hanover street to serve the city centre, but the sensible option would be to send them up Duke Street to avoid the gridlock.  But people went nuts when they rerouted the 82 down Park Lane so there's no chance they'll shift the buses off of Hanover Street. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:57:04 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2018, 03:08:26 pm »
But people went nuts when they rerouted the 82 down Park Lane

Rightly so though.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2018, 08:43:08 pm »
Common sense and practical but we are talking about Uncle Joe so that doesn't apply.
This sort of comment is utterly ridiculous. Although he influences most of the major decision making in the city he isn't the town planner, dozens of officers are actually employed and paid to present options for consideration.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2018, 06:01:04 pm »
Absolutely.  The Junction by St John's lane isn't even wide enough for two buses to sit abreast.  Liverpool One does it right, but maybe that's because it just doesn't see the same high rate of traffic as Queen's Square does. 

Blackers is just plain stupid.  They HAVE to run the buses through Hanover street to serve the city centre, but the sensible option would be to send them up Duke Street to avoid the gridlock.  But people went nuts when they rerouted the 82 down Park Lane so there's no chance they'll shift the buses off of Hanover Street.

Rerouting the 82 was idiotic, though. No reason they couldn't have had half the 82s and half the 86s change, rather than all the 82s. If I want to get into town, I'm usually trying to get to the Hope St area. If I get an 82 now, I need to get off on the far side of Parliament Street! Cost me a job last week thanks to the extra ten minutes the bus was in traffic on the dock road and the fifteen minute dash up Duke Street because they didn't tell anyone about the new route. If it just went DOWN Duke St instead, no problem.

I agree about Blacklers. And the 82 still bimbles round there even though it doesn't stop until half way down Renshaw St.

The use of L1 for Southbound and QS for Northbound makes a lot of sense as well, compared to the weird free-for-all you used to get down there.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2018, 06:48:22 pm »
This sort of comment is utterly ridiculous. Although he influences most of the major decision making in the city he isn't the town planner, dozens of officers are actually employed and paid to present options for consideration.

I thought we were talking about a senior elected official who used his official position to make a ludicrous complaint to the police about a wholly unrelated football transfer.

To me that show a lack of common sense.

And whilst I'm sure Liverpool City Council employs professional planners enough senior officers have left the Council or are suspended to make you wonder how professional the organisation is.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2018, 07:24:11 pm »
Rerouting the 82 was idiotic, though. No reason they couldn't have had half the 82s and half the 86s change, rather than all the 82s. If I want to get into town, I'm usually trying to get to the Hope St area. If I get an 82 now, I need to get off on the far side of Parliament Street! Cost me a job last week thanks to the extra ten minutes the bus was in traffic on the dock road and the fifteen minute dash up Duke Street because they didn't tell anyone about the new route. If it just went DOWN Duke St instead, no problem.

I agree about Blacklers. And the 82 still bimbles round there even though it doesn't stop until half way down Renshaw St.

The use of L1 for Southbound and QS for Northbound makes a lot of sense as well, compared to the weird free-for-all you used to get down there.

Since they knocked down the Futurist and started building, the stops there where the 82 would normally go have gone.  I've had to power walk my way through to Renshaw Street more than once, and as you say it's idiotic.

That said I don't blame them for trying to reroute the 82 because the congestion getting into and out of town is an absolute nightmare.  That's why I figured sending them up Duke Street might be a better compromise, even though it's on the outskirts of the city centre.  The problem is Hanover Street is just not capable of handling the traffic its getting and you can't widen it.

The problem with QS is that it doesn't just handle northbound buses but central buses as well.  It's just too many for it to handle.  The northbound buses need a station of their own, but I don't think the Haymarket is a good place at all.

And I can't help but wonder what will happen if the council follow through on their threat to pedestrianise Dale Street and make Victoria Street two way.  That's beyond idiotic, it's just plain insanity.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2018, 10:21:15 pm »
The 82 recently started stopping outside St John's.

Can see why they've tried rerouting it as going down Renshaw and Hannover is terrible nowadays, sort of bothers me that all the cuts in services Arriva have done in recent years this is the one that got reversed.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John