Author Topic: Wasps  (Read 78906 times)

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wasps
« Reply #640 on: April 30, 2021, 12:39:09 pm »
There's a nest in a wall that I walk past every day.  They seem to be getting more sluggish but more cuntish when I walk past.

Do they make offensive comments when you walk past?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #641 on: May 4, 2021, 10:23:25 am »
Do they make offensive comments when you walk past?

Yes, but that's a given.  It's the squirrels and Woody Woodpecker in the local woods at the moment that give me grief.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #642 on: May 5, 2021, 01:13:01 pm »
I saw my first wasp of the year last Monday. Just sat there on our balcony minding his own business, so I left him alone.

Ho looked rather sluggish. Almost as though he'd been asleep all winter.  :)

My stance on wasps these days is to only resort to violence as a last resort. Mind you, the one who stung me in Sefton Park two summers ago didn't afford me the same courtesy. I didn't even know it was sat on my chest until its unprovoked attack.

All bets are off come the end of summer though. Once they all get pissed on fermenting fruit and kick off all over the place.

I'm the complete opposite I'm afraid, if a wasp comes through my window I consider it to be an act of war. They need to respect borders or boundaries.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #643 on: May 5, 2021, 04:23:36 pm »
I'm the complete opposite I'm afraid, if a wasp comes through my window I consider it to be an act of war. They need to respect borders or boundaries.
I do admit that I used to be the same. I went onto DefCon 1 at the mere sight or sound of one. I used to be terrified of the buggers. I think that was down to my Nan. When we were very young the family would drive down to Devon in the summer, and my Nan had a massive, hysterical panic attack after a bumble bee flew into the car. Being a very young and impressionable kid I learned through that experience that insects in stripey jumpers were to be feared.

At some point in later life I somehow became a bit more of a Buddhist, so will only get stroppy with something that gets stroppy with me first. I am still wary of wasps though. These twats sting first and ask questions later. They have no boundaries. I can well understand how many people see their presence as an act of war. My Mum is like that with dragon flies, and they don't even sting you.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: June 13, 2021, 10:18:01 am »
Earlier in this thread (page 16), I promised a user named Charlie Adams fried egg not to go to war against the wasps until early August. The disrespectful twats have now built a nest in the outer wall of our house. I have ordered a professional hitman to wipe them out on Tuesday. This is on you, User Charlie Adam. Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: June 13, 2021, 02:02:08 pm »
Earlier in this thread (page 16), I promised a user named Charlie Adams fried egg not to go to war against the wasps until early August. The disrespectful twats have now built a nest in the outer wall of our house. I have ordered a professional hitman to wipe them out on Tuesday. This is on you, User Charlie Adam. Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive.
Well, they asked for it, didn't they?

You were kind enough to offer them a truce until August, but they ripped up the treaty and invaded anyway. You can always rely on wasps to take the piss.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #646 on: June 13, 2021, 02:12:44 pm »
Was reading the other day that Wasps (as well as bees) perform important duties in regard to pollination of flowers.

They aren't as people make out. If I find one in the house, I catch it and let it out.

Live and let live.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: June 13, 2021, 02:22:50 pm »
Was reading the other day that Wasps (as well as bees) perform important duties in regard to pollination of flowers.

They aren't as people make out. If I find one in the house, I catch it and let it out.

Live and let live.

They always land on pint glasses though, one fucker fell in my Guinness last week, swimming around in the head like some demented little demon.

Remember a fella getting stung on the lip outside the Sandon one pre match by one of the fuckers. He got loads of sympathy ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2021, 03:28:39 pm »

Live and let live.
I'm the same. I catch them in a glass then release them outside.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #649 on: June 13, 2021, 04:34:40 pm »
I'm the same. I catch them in a glass then release them outside.

I did that once. The fucker flew back inside and stung me.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2021, 05:54:32 pm »
I shouldn't laugh, but...  ;D

That's wasps for you. Their PR Department is terrible.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #651 on: June 13, 2021, 06:01:34 pm »

Nat Phillips fan, that one...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: June 13, 2021, 06:44:42 pm »

Live and let live.
I bet Hamas and Islamic State do some form of charity themselves. Doesn’t change the fact that they are evil twats that don’t appreciate kindness. I’m talking about wasps only, bees have my utmost respect.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #653 on: June 13, 2021, 10:21:04 pm »
Worry not mate. I’ve checked the small print in Gully’s original wasp constitution and section 13 paragraph 2, point 4.13, it clearly states that stripy fuckers nesting in or on exterior walls that cause inconvenience to the owner can be relocated or removed.
Rest easy, you’ve done no wrong.

Speaking of stripy bastards, I was in our living room and ine had flown down the chimney into the log burner and got itself covered in ash. Once it got out it was like a big grey torpedo blaming me for being stuck down the chimney. Bastard.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #655 on: August 8, 2021, 04:21:17 pm »
It's been strange this year. I work outdoors and usually get terrorised by them every summer, but I've hardly seen any this year. I'm not exaggerating but I've probably seen less than ten so far, it really feels like something has shifted in the ecosystem here.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: August 8, 2021, 04:38:54 pm »
It's been strange this year. I work outdoors and usually get terrorised by them every summer, but I've hardly seen any this year. I'm not exaggerating but I've probably seen less than ten so far, it really feels like something has shifted in the ecosystem here.
Same here in London, think I've only seen about 3.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #657 on: August 8, 2021, 04:40:15 pm »
I've not seen one but then I've rarely been out to be honest

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #658 on: August 8, 2021, 05:13:58 pm »
Yeah I'm in London too. I hate them but it must be a bit worrying seeing a decline in an insect population.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: August 9, 2021, 08:50:23 am »
Yeah I'm in London too. I hate them but it must be a bit worrying seeing a decline in an insect population.

I haven't seen any wasps at all this year,I have seen more bees and butterflies than usual though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: August 9, 2021, 10:06:00 am »
They're all German, they've had to leave due to Brexit ;)

I've only seen a few as well, missus was at Rewind festival yesterday and someone near them got stung by one of the little fuckers.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: August 9, 2021, 10:08:40 am »

I saw one in London. It was breaking out of a web with a seven legged spider in its jaws.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #662 on: August 9, 2021, 10:44:38 am »
They’re rife in tropical NI at the moment. Me, my son and daughter have all been stung by the bastards in the last week.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: August 9, 2021, 10:58:24 am »
They’re rife in tropical NI at the moment. Me, my son and daughter have all been stung by the bastards in the last week.

My brother was visiting a friend over in NI last week and they caught this fucker in the house. I mean, what the fuck is that?!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #664 on: August 9, 2021, 11:07:48 am »
My brother was visiting a friend over in NI last week and they caught this fucker in the house. I mean, what the fuck is that?!

Jesus. I’m leaving.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #665 on: August 9, 2021, 12:18:35 pm »

It's a new species from over on the continent.
BBC news.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: August 9, 2021, 12:44:22 pm »

I think it's known as a helicopter gunship.  :o

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #667 on: August 9, 2021, 12:46:37 pm »
Would be brilliant if people stopped quoting the picture to be honest...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: August 9, 2021, 12:56:48 pm »
Would be brilliant if people stopped quoting the picture to be honest...

This one?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: August 9, 2021, 12:58:07 pm »
I have had one of those fuckers in our house, big bastard, think I might have broken my not to kill wasps rule with that one.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #670 on: August 9, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »
This one?

Yes. Some people have traumatic experiences and some people just get freaked out by them,  its not very nice to keep repeating it...as you'll know from all those Covid tests you've had to do Rob ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: August 9, 2021, 01:08:02 pm »
Yes. Some people have traumatic experiences and some people just get freaked out by them,  its not very nice to keep repeating it...as you'll know from all those Covid tests you've had to do Rob ;D

;D

Promise I won't quote it again.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: August 9, 2021, 09:17:51 pm »

It is.  They underpin most ecosystems and their functions.

Globally, 40% of insect species are threatend with extinction.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: August 9, 2021, 09:20:17 pm »

What a lovely little beast - looks like an Ichneumon Wasp to me.

Beginner’s guide 
to identifying British 
ichneumonids

https://www.naturespot.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/british-ichneumonid-wasps-id-guide.pdf

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: August 10, 2021, 01:35:53 pm »
I'd move house

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: August 10, 2021, 01:47:20 pm »
We've not had that many either until we were eating outside last week then we were snided with them and today we went to empty the brazier onto the compost and they were everywhere due to a load of fruit I'd thrown out a week ago.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: August 23, 2021, 01:04:50 pm »

One of those fuckers has just been bouncing off the window of the dining room/my office!!!!

Also, I was in Lutterworth yesterday, the front of the truck is green and there were about 20 normal wasps all over it, one little bastard got inside the cab, but luckily went out the passenger window when I lowered it.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: August 23, 2021, 02:24:31 pm »
One of those fuckers has just been bouncing off the window of the dining room/my office!!!!

Never opening a window again.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #678 on: August 23, 2021, 05:04:48 pm »
c*nts being annoying at the Bierkeller in Liverpool

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #679 on: August 23, 2021, 06:09:44 pm »
My biggest hatred is being on a bus with no means to defend myself when one of the bastards is flying around. Everyone on the bus (except the driver) is staring intently at it, literally willing it fly out the window.

Once I was fortunate enough to have a rolled up Echo and flicked one away from me on the 10A, only for it to land in some woman's perm. Luckily she didnt notice and I got off at the next stop.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."