Author Topic: Play Football  (Read 44605 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Play Football
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2014, 01:28:35 pm »
has anyone ever played on a team that never used a banger?

Scored on my debut as a banger. Beauty of a goal too.

Didn't score again in the handful of other games I played for that team ;D

New job, 40 miles away from home, had to pack my latest team in already due to not being able to get there on time (wasn't enjoying it 100% too, braying morons for players and a thick coach who must have topped 40 stone). So back to square one for me.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2014, 02:32:46 pm »
its probably called something different in england/uk (a ringer maybe)

but its when you play someone whos not signed/ or is suspended under someone elses name

never heard  of it to be fair but i'm sure it happens regularly

started the season as starting #10 which i was quite pleased with, leaving to go to uni now with an aggregate loss of 29-2 over three games, not arsed myself because i was just happy to get minutes but it's a pretty dismal return

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:38 pm »
nice one on the goal.
never heard  of it to be fair but i'm sure it happens regularly

started the season as starting #10 which i was quite pleased with, leaving to go to uni now with an aggregate loss of 29-2 over three games, not arsed myself because i was just happy to get minutes but it's a pretty dismal return
my old team were at it a good bit. we lasted three seasons. there was one lad who signed up every summer but was always gone again within a few weeks/months. his name was used regularly by others, usually if one of our lads got sent off they then played under his name to avoid a suspension and fine. i reckon there was more games where his name was used by others than he actually played for the team himself.

my last game for the team one of the lads got sent off under this lads name. im not sure how we got away with it. i thought we would get booted out of the league as this lad was meant to be suspended.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Anything Will Do

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2014, 05:54:15 pm »
Moved to Liverpool now, in the Wavertree area. Really want to get back into it, anyone know where I can get involved?

Are you looking for an 11 a side team, or 7s mate?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 09:44:08 pm »
Yes Corkboy - I am still playing! Love it, despite the aches and the longer recovery time. Despite the slower reaction time, and the inability to sprint. Despite the lack of breath and the feeling that you gonna collapse. Heck, most times after a run forward I don't even try to run back to help on the counter.
And to top it all, a spanking 3G pitch is available to us at work as from today. Humbly yours and 13 of his colleagues were the first to try it today. I have decided I will dedicate the rest of my active life playing football on that pitch. It is for 7-a-side (I honestly think we would be more comfortable playing 8-a-side), not the small 5-a-side stuff you find in many places. The goals are narrower but taller - which I prefer as heading is now a possibility!

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 05:28:14 am »
I found a website last night with a video of one of our games from last year, a 3-1 loss to a pro team in front of a good crowd. We were 1-0 up after 70 mins, then 1-1 with about 7 or 8 left, then fitness gave out.

A complete mixed bag from me at right back - a couple of clearances, couple of headers won, and the assist for our goal... but also some completely shocking giveaways and one full-on wiff as I tried to clear one over my head. My first 3 touches after half time gave the ball away... sub!

It was a great experience (we've played the same team before, and meet them again in 6 weeks), but the pressure of playing against these boys and in front of a crowd basically made me shit myself and rush everything - not that I'm the most composed player normally. Good times.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2014, 10:14:20 am »
I've just started playing again. Its mostly three a side, five a side games with mates. Last week, it turned into a full blown game. First time in a decade. I was so happy, I played like a dog. In other words I just ran behind the ball as much as I could until I got it by which time I was so tired I couldn't do much. Shite. But just delighted to be playing again.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »
We've started playing indoors again last week after a break during the summer and I absolutely love it. We meet up on Sunday's at 10 to play for two hours and it can often be quite hard to get up in the morning, as Sunday is one of the few days I could sleep a little longer, but in the end it is worth it.

So far, we've only been a few people (five both last week and today), but we just use half the pitch and use smaller goals. Last week we did 2 vs. 2 with one guy watching. Today, we did 3 vs. 2. I was playing in the 3 as I'm not really a runner (I'm pretty overweight ;)), but everyone on our team had to touch the ball at least once before we could score (with a touch by the opposition "resetting" everything). Went quite well for me and in my view I was able to do a lot more running than I was at the same point last year, so it's a good thing.

Me and my mate also pulled of some great moves early one with quick one touch passing or simply opening up the other two guys with a simple pass. I'm not really a good player, but the other guy on our team was even worse, misplacing passes all the time and doing very little running, because he mostly stayed back and "protected" our goal. It got a bit annoying in the end, but I didn't really care. My own contribution got worse anyway as I got tired. And I got hit by a ball in a place where it really hurts ;). Tried to block a shot and my ankle deflected it onto my bollocks...

But at the end of the day, it's like the OP said. There is nothing better than playing some footy just for fun with a couple of mates...

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »
My experience is that nothing beats 7-a-side games. I have played 2 games over the past two weeks on a 3G 7-a-side field, and it is fabulous. I am looking to play twice a week now. It is the best way to get fit too.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2014, 10:21:26 am »
I organise an indoor 5 a side and every now and then go through phases of struggling to make up the 10, despite messaging between 20-30 people. Does anyone else have this issue? Would it be an idea to maybe put yourself forward for a selection in case a space appeared at any of our games that we organise?

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2014, 11:51:32 am »
I organise an indoor 5 a side and every now and then go through phases of struggling to make up the 10, despite messaging between 20-30 people. Does anyone else have this issue? Would it be an idea to maybe put yourself forward for a selection in case a space appeared at any of our games that we organise?
yeah ive had it for years

best thing is to get people to pay upfront

that eliminated a lot of problems for me when i ran a game. there were still weeks were we struggled

atm im in a different area so i dont organise it but we try for 12. its not pay upfront so we get a lot of people who just dont bother in the end and you end up with uneven numbers which is a pain in the arse. people sometimes give notice but its still bad form when you have 12 the morning of the game then lunchtime comes and 3 people ask to pull out

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2014, 12:59:33 pm »
How much do people pay when playing 6/7 a side??

I was asked to play on last week, couldn't in the end, but they said it would be £5 a week! I used to arrange one a couple of years back and it was £3, and even then I had a little pot to put extras in so we could all go out and get pissed before uni finished for the year.

Really want to get back into some 7 a side too.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »
5 euro a go mate

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2014, 11:05:14 am »
yeah ive had it for years

best thing is to get people to pay upfront

that eliminated a lot of problems for me when i ran a game. there were still weeks were we struggled

atm im in a different area so i dont organise it but we try for 12. its not pay upfront so we get a lot of people who just dont bother in the end and you end up with uneven numbers which is a pain in the arse. people sometimes give notice but its still bad form when you have 12 the morning of the game then lunchtime comes and 3 people ask to pull out

I send a message out in the morning of the game to the people who played the week before. Its been a game thats been going for about 6 years now, so everyone wants to play, but may not be available now and again. Summer hols are normally the problem times, as people are doing things with family etc, but if we did ever miss a week i just added an extra quid onto how much each person paid to make up the difference over the next  3 weeks.

Our booking is £31, so £3.10 a person. Kingsway leisure centre charge something like £4.30 per person for one off bookings, booked 7 days in advance, but something like £57 a week for a block booking. It doesnt make sense, to charge that much indoors. The ipitch at halton stadium is only like £45 an hour.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2014, 09:45:05 pm »
After working lates plenty over the last four years, my routine's set to change in the next couple of weeks and the 5-a-side sessions I was playing in look to have fizzled out.

Anyone looking for an extra player south of the city centre - Wavetree/Mossley Hill/Allerton etc?

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2014, 12:12:58 pm »
How much do people pay when playing 6/7 a side??

I was asked to play on last week, couldn't in the end, but they said it would be £5 a week! I used to arrange one a couple of years back and it was £3, and even then I had a little pot to put extras in so we could all go out and get pissed before uni finished for the year.

Really want to get back into some 7 a side too.

depends on the pitch quality i play 3 times a week and 2 of the games we pay £5 a pop with the change going into the kitty which covers bibs and a good ball plus at the end of the year we get a free night out, but if someone is only playing a one off game we only charge them £3 quid as  thats what it costs per head

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2014, 11:55:30 am »
£6.40 a head at PowerLeague Manchester. They put it up at least twice a year and it's getting ridiculous. I've been playing the same slot for about 7/8 years and I'm sure it was £3 somethign when I first started playing.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 3, 2014, 05:22:27 am »
We played against a 4th division team last night, and it was very hit-and-miss. We went 2-0 down within 15 mins as their long ball approach caught us out a couple of times, and we were ropey until half time. Second half, we had the best of, got one back, forced a great save from their keeper and hit the post, but just couldn't equalise... then conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes or so to come away with a disappointing 4-1 loss. I'm achey today!
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 7, 2014, 02:06:33 pm »
They are charging £3 per head on a 3G pitch where we play. It is 7-a-side which really beats 5-a-side in my books. Only complaint I have is the goals are a bit small (for me to score).

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #99 on: November 9, 2014, 10:43:22 am »
I love 7 a side. Best version of the game for me. Big enough pitch and goals to play real football, small enough pitch so everyone gets involved and goals can be scored numerous times.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #100 on: November 9, 2014, 10:47:31 am »
I can only agree about 7-a-side. Its the perfect number, matches are always exciting and its a great way to get fit but not be out of breath after a few minutes. Only trouble is people are getting lazier it seems and its harder to fill numbers.
Justice for the 97

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #101 on: November 9, 2014, 11:05:36 am »
Reading this thread again has given me itchy feet. Think I'll send a few texts around the FAs "Find a Team" local clubs. Shame when yer shite the pool of teams to pick is limited ;D think I'll pick bottom of the bottom division!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 9, 2014, 01:48:39 pm »
I love playing football, used to play 4 times a week but now only the once. Looking on getting a few more games through the week on the go.

I'm a Suarez type of player.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #103 on: November 9, 2014, 02:14:23 pm »
Reading this thread again has given me itchy feet. Think I'll send a few texts around the FAs "Find a Team" local clubs. Shame when yer shite the pool of teams to pick is limited ;D think I'll pick bottom of the bottom division!

Brilliant, they train less than a mile from my door, on a five a side pitch :)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2014, 11:11:39 am »
I've got really intense pain in my shins recently after I started playing football. Then I twisted my right ankle so I started going easy on my right leg and inadvertently started putting more pressure on my left leg until it was extremely sharp today to the point that I couldn't sprint at even 50-60% of my maximum. Anyone have issues like this before ? I might go to the Doctor tomorrow or something if the pain persists. It's not that bad usually but this time it seems to persist even when I'm just walking for example. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2014, 11:51:51 am »
i played 4 a side on a 6 a side pitch last week

some amount of running

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #106 on: December 1, 2014, 11:06:59 pm »
Went back to playing tonight after 18 months out.......I expect my competitive streak will return soon enough and then they'll fuck me out.

I stopped playing my last regular game a few weeks ago. As predicted, I sort of got a little annoyed. I was at the upper end of the age spectrum, with some 18 year old club players at the other end and while I could keep up ok, some of them were the type who weren't that interested when they don't have the ball. That annoys the shit out of me so I went off on a few of them. I figure, I'm 44 and I'm making the effort to defend so you fucking can too, instead of saving your abundant teenage energy for when you have the ball.

Anyway, I started another indoor game tonight with a few of the same crew closer to my own age, plus a few even older guys but who know what they're doing. Very enjoyable and a good deal less testosterone on view.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 2, 2014, 08:39:42 am »
players that dont pass and or dont run are the most annoying bastards ever

i hate when someone tries a nutmeg and gets it taken off them when they have 3 team mates screaming for the ball and then they stand there going "no one looked for it" or the one arsehole that stands in midfield and just points around going "hes yours" whilst not breaking sweat all game themselves

fuck off

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 2, 2014, 11:38:02 am »
Done my ankle ligaments in the left ankle two weeks ago and its killing me not playing regularly, for the last year I've played 2 games a week  consistently  Some times and being out for 4/6 weeks is absolutely agony, i have no idea how players deal with it. my games are a good standard and it makes me feel like a kid again playing football, it breaks my week up nicely with games on a Monday and Wednesday

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #109 on: December 6, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »
First full 90 minutes in a good while today

I'm shattered now but the two goals were worth it,

Back to the bench next week for a cameo appearance hopefully [emoji23]

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #110 on: January 2, 2015, 03:27:06 pm »
Haven't played for a month - indoor or outdoor footy - and had a good Christams to put it mildly. I'm not looking forward to running around Sunday morning vs the whippersnappers (in the over 35's league our opponents are a new team of 35/36 year olds).

Going to be interesting - and probably somewhere between sore and painful - both during the game, and after :)

Good luck to everyone else resuming playing footy again :wave
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 2, 2015, 03:37:18 pm »
Have a game tomorrow. Hope it doesn't get washed out with all the rain forecast overnight. Not played in almost 4 weeks* but fitness not too awful & seem to be OK after running 10k yesterday.

*Had a load of cancellations in December, which was massively annoying as was on course for 30 matches pre-Christmas but ended up with only 26.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 5, 2015, 11:25:36 am »
Have a game tomorrow. Hope it doesn't get washed out with all the rain forecast overnight. Not played in almost 4 weeks* but fitness not too awful & seem to be OK after running 10k yesterday.

*Had a load of cancellations in December, which was massively annoying as was on course for 30 matches pre-Christmas but ended up with only 26.
this time of the year is bad for postponements

i was on a team about 20 years ago. we played one game in january then it was called off every week until mid march

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 09:18:50 am »
Played today with a hangover, shin splints and a groin strain. Completely abject performance. I'm so fucking pissed off with myself. It seemed like my muscles were struggling to generate any power especially when running with the ball or when trying to hold defenders off. So fucked off now with the amount I drank yesterday. Felt like my legs were embedded in blocks of cement.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:50:33 am by jooneyisdagod »

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 05:35:04 pm »
Played today with a hangover, shin splints and a groin strain. Completely abject performance. I'm so fucking pissed off with myself. It seemed like my muscles were struggling to generate any power especially when running with the ball or when trying to hold defenders off. So fucked off now with the amount I drank yesterday. Felt like my legs were embedded in blocks of cement.

Worst feeling mate, nothing can be done about it once you step on the pitch. Legs don't even function with a hangover haha

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »
Just lost a cup semi-final on penalties in pouring rain. Just want to scream "F***!!!" at the top of my voice.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2015, 10:36:16 pm »
I've played with hangovers and exhaustion its a killer

I used to play on both Wednesdays and Thursdays

There was one Wednesday I played 90 mins when I was usually only supposed to play an hour 6 a side. It was during euro 2012 the hottest night of the year plus it was like 4 v 6 as two lads on my team didn't bother whereas I nearly collapsed... Remember that carra defending in Istanbul....I did that at one stage 6 times in two mins. When I finally won possession I ran out of defence but my legs had gone so I rolled the ball to these two on the right wing. Perfect ball to two people willing to run but not these!!!

Instead of running 5 yards on to my pass they were not arsed running so stood there shouting a me. A fella made up about 10 yards to win the other team back possesion . they scored 30 seconds later. The two lads still in the one spot still shouting at me while I'm busting my hole to win the balk back. To take the absolute piss somebody robbed my water too!!!

I played the next night too. 4 a side on a 5 a side pitch. My legs were gone. I couldn't even sprint. It was at least 25 degrees and I felt like I was running in cement. I was at fault for about ten goals because my legs couldn't move. I even got a gazza on Colin Hendry done on me

Worst when you played Wednesday Thursday was no matter how fit you were the legs would give up Thursday. You knew what you wanted to do but the legs would go "yeah fuck you I'm not doing that"

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2015, 02:34:30 am »
I haven't played football for years, but I'm just about to get my player's license from the Austrian FA. I'm buzzing. We had a home game today and I was at our grounds to show a bit of support. It was a great spring afternoon, and there was something special with the walk from the tram to the field. Crisp air and the sun was shining between the light green branches of the trees that just recently came alive again. The game had already started and our captain spotted me walking and waved hello from the field. I'm not very knowledgeable about the league system in Austria, but we're in one where such a thing seemed very fitting. The game was fun to watch. Our striker frustrated one of their defenders to a straight red after pushing him, but before that we scored two and kept a clean sheet.

The last time I played was for Liverpool in Madrid. Technically that is true, it was however two supporter branches teaming up the day before we played Atletico in the Europa League 2010.  ;D Before that it was a handful of games in a Swedish Sunday League. Going back further I played the inaugural season for a High School team in the US. At the tender age of 35 I'm just buzzing to be able to put on the kit next weekend. Light blue shirt, black shorts, and black socks. It's the whole social aspect that is so great for me, the feeling of belonging, and actually contributing. Just to sit in the locker-room and have a talk about some tactics or whatever, it's just great. Playing is of course fun too, but at my age I lost probably my best weapon which was my acceleration. I'd run by most anyone over 5-10 meters. Now I have to try to be smarter. I moved from left winger to left back, or maybe left midfield as we play 4-5-1.

I've never played in defence before and the tactical aspect of it is very exciting. Deciding when to press, keeping an eye on the CB's to keep in line, and dropping back to the corner so the goalie gets a distribution option. It's all new to me and really exciting to learn. I only wish that I started to play more regularly earlier, there's only so many years left to be able to play at a half decent level.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:53:45 am by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2015, 11:18:09 am »
First year back after horror injuries. Wont share the details as Ive done it already in another thread.

Played 7 games & have scored 7 so pretty happy with that. My team are pretty shit though in all honesty which hasn't helped being a striker as they just hoof it up top half the time.
I'm nowhere close to being as fit or fast as I was but feeling good & dropping weight.
Managed to get 4 last week including the perfect hat trick. A left foot strike from about 2 inches out. A right foot strike from just outside the 18 & a diving header into the top corner. Finished with a right footed half volley right on the 18 to top it off. Still lost 5-4 though. We were 3-0 up as well. Useless bastards.  :butt
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2015, 11:51:19 am »
Was looking forward to doing pre-season with a Saturday and a Sunday league team this season (training days matched perfectly so I could do both) and have this be the year I go from shit at football (never kicked a ball in any sort of team until I was 18, never learned to drop a shoulder etc :( ) to being passable at football.

Having to move from York at the end of June, to shitty Dewsbury (well not far away, but that's the local league) so that's put paid to that.