Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046623 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #16120 on: June 8, 2021, 11:08:11 pm »
This might explain why you got away with it
Sometimes the punchlines write themselves......

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16121 on: June 8, 2021, 11:42:04 pm »
This might explain why you got away with it

Sometimes the punchlines write themselves......

:D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16122 on: June 9, 2021, 12:24:26 am »
I'm too dim to work out whether I've been whooshed or everyone else has or maybe nobody has, or maybe everybody has...er...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16123 on: June 9, 2021, 12:26:03 am »
I'm too dim to work out whether I've been whooshed or everyone else has or maybe nobody has, or maybe everybody has...er...
It was one hell of a funny observation by you and an absolute gift of a custom title change for him. Look more closely ;)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16124 on: June 9, 2021, 01:23:46 am »
It was one hell of a funny observation by you and an absolute gift of a custom title change for him. Look more closely ;)
Ah! Gotcha. It was indeed me being dim. Didn't even notice that custom change :D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #16125 on: June 9, 2021, 07:38:25 pm »
How long would you expect an independent shop to respond to a job application? Applied for a local bookstore vacancy recently. Applications closed on June 1st. Guessing I would have heard back by now?

I specified independent as they requested people drop in their CV’s rather than email or use online forms etc. I’m more used to automated responses.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16126 on: June 9, 2021, 07:49:07 pm »
How long would you expect an independent shop to respond to a job application? Applied for a local bookstore vacancy recently. Applications closed on June 1st. Guessing I would have heard back by now?

I specified independent as they requested people drop in their CV’s rather than email or use online forms etc. I’m more used to automated responses.

Probably only one person going though goodness knows how many applications - likely they have prioritised contacting the ones they want and arranging interviews........given they're independent and local, I don't see any harm in popping in and asking.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #16127 on: June 9, 2021, 07:57:16 pm »
Probably only one person going though goodness knows how many applications - likely they have prioritised contacting the ones they want and arranging interviews........given they're independent and local, I don't see any harm in popping in and asking.
Yeah that’s what I was figured, just used to getting automated responses churned back at me! Will go in and ask.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16128 on: June 9, 2021, 10:46:12 pm »
Yeah why would I make it up?
Woah, I'm not saying you've made it up, steady, I was going to add she seems like a proper horrid crank.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #16129 on: June 10, 2021, 05:58:45 pm »
Woah, I'm not saying you've made it up, steady, I was going to add she seems like a proper horrid crank.

Oh haha, thought you meant "noone could be that mad, you must be making her up pal" :lmao

Yeah, her fella came out and said to me "did you send a message to X about the dog". Probably gonna end up with a brick in my window next.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16130 on: June 10, 2021, 06:18:12 pm »
..given they're independent and local, I don't see any harm in popping in and asking.

Good luck with that...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16131 on: June 10, 2021, 06:20:58 pm »
Probably gonna end up with a brick in my window next.

Straight into your sticky toffee pud mate :no

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #16132 on: June 10, 2021, 06:25:06 pm »

;D I'm dropping the pudding pal off home today after footy, gonna bring it up.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #16133 on: June 10, 2021, 06:28:17 pm »
Ouch!  :'(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16134 on: June 10, 2021, 06:38:44 pm »
Ah! Gotcha. It was indeed me being dim. Didn't even notice that custom change :D
I didn't notice it either. Walked right into that one ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16135 on: June 11, 2021, 12:52:53 pm »
Is there a way to transfer a video from an iPad to a Samsung phone, regardless of the file size?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16136 on: June 11, 2021, 01:04:46 pm »
Is there a way to transfer a video from an iPad to a Samsung phone, regardless of the file size?

You could use something like Dropbox or OneDrive? If you don't have one of them set up already install the app on both and move the video to it so it syncs to cloud and then you can download on the other device from the app.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16137 on: June 11, 2021, 01:11:19 pm »
There's a cross-platform app called SHAREit which I use all the time to share files between different devices. It's lightning fast and can transfer files of any size. It sets one devices up as a wifi broadcaster and the other as a receiver.

BUT...I'll say now that the app used to be absolutely fantastic, but as often happens they started fiddling with it, introducting QR codes and shite like that so I still stick with an old version. I have no idea what the most recent versions are like as I stopped updating. Worth checking out, though.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16138 on: June 11, 2021, 01:11:29 pm »
WeTransfer using email account you can gain access to via both devices? Limit is 2GB for freebies usually.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16139 on: June 11, 2021, 01:15:59 pm »
Cheers. Not for me, and don't know what size the file is but I'll forward those on.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16140 on: June 11, 2021, 03:03:37 pm »
Cheers. Not for me, and don't know what size the file is but I'll forward those on.
It's not the "Ask For A Friend - RAWK replies" thread ya know ;D :wave

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16141 on: June 11, 2021, 04:30:09 pm »
I've had a series of spam phone calles today - most have hung up as soon as I answered which suggests there auto dialler was dialling more people than they could handly which is illegal on it's own - but one was an automated message for a National Insurance emergency, whateber the fuck that is.

Nothing particularly unusual about that apart from the number in a single day. The strange thing is that they have come from a series of mobile numbers that are almost identical to each other - and my own number. Only the last 3 digits have varied.

Is this just a mad coincidence, where they have bought a batch of numbers that happen to be similar to mine, or is there something more to it?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16142 on: June 11, 2021, 04:36:31 pm »
I've had a series of spam phone calles today - most have hung up as soon as I answered which suggests there auto dialler was dialling more people than they could handly which is illegal on it's own - but one was an automated message for a National Insurance emergency, whateber the fuck that is.

Nothing particularly unusual about that apart from the number in a single day. The strange thing is that they have come from a series of mobile numbers that are almost identical to each other - and my own number. Only the last 3 digits have varied.

Is this just a mad coincidence, where they have bought a batch of numbers that happen to be similar to mine, or is there something more to it?

I’ve had a lot recently and they start with the five digits of mine too. I never answer them. Just had one starting +87 which is a bit weird!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16143 on: June 11, 2021, 04:41:02 pm »
I’ve had a lot recently and they start with the five digits of mine too. I never answer them. Just had one starting +87 which is a bit weird!

This was the first 8 digits though! I've stopped answering them now.... I normally wouldn't answer them but I had my work desk phone forwarded to my personal mobile (bad habit to save me having to keep my work phone on me) so had to answer until I saw the pattern.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16144 on: June 11, 2021, 05:19:35 pm »
This was the first 8 digits though! I've stopped answering them now.... I normally wouldn't answer them but I had my work desk phone forwarded to my personal mobile (bad habit to save me having to keep my work phone on me) so had to answer until I saw the pattern.

Probably bought/obtained the numbers from the same batch as you were allocated.

We've been getting bombarded past couple of days, lots of 07747, 07743 and a few international numbers, usually includes Bolivia. Told the missus to ignore the phone and if its genuine, they'll leave a message on the answer phone. Dozy arse comes in with the phone today, they're going to cut the internet off - I just took the handset and hung up, we then had a big argument over her not doing what I said ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16145 on: June 11, 2021, 05:30:01 pm »
Probably bought/obtained the numbers from the same batch as you were allocated.

We've been getting bombarded past couple of days, lots of 07747, 07743 and a few international numbers, usually includes Bolivia. Told the missus to ignore the phone and if its genuine, they'll leave a message on the answer phone. Dozy arse comes in with the phone today, they're going to cut the internet off - I just took the handset and hung up, we then had a big argument over her not doing what I said ;D

I'm sure you are right, just seems like a weird coincidence - especially as very unusual to get so many calls in one day. I've had the number for over 15 years. They must have cycled through all the numbers and handing out the numbers from my range that are no longer in use just now.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16146 on: June 11, 2021, 11:39:06 pm »
I need some advice from anyone who works with or has knowledge of food banks.  Specifically on if people who need them have to register to get support.

PM me please

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16147 on: June 12, 2021, 05:35:49 pm »
Hello Rawkites. Need some advice on home security systems. I’m looking for spotlight cameras to install at the at my property, can anybody advise what ones are the best? Not looking for anything elite, the Ring camera/spotlight seems the most popular but need some advice before I buy. Drop me a pm if you can help. Thanks
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16148 on: June 15, 2021, 09:29:33 am »
I need some advice from anyone who works with or has knowledge of food banks.  Specifically on if people who need them have to register to get support.

PM me please

Anybody?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16149 on: June 15, 2021, 12:22:01 pm »
Anybody?

Trussel Trust who run the Stretford one near me say you need a referral to get a voucher  https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/emergency-food/food-vouchers/

manchester central says the same https://manchestercentral.foodbank.org.uk/get-help/how-to-get-help/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #16150 on: June 15, 2021, 12:29:51 pm »
Anybody?
I do some work with a foodbank that isn't referral based, mainly for young families. I could try to answer any questions you have, though having only worked within the confines of their set up, I'm not sure how helpful I would be. We also liaise with Micah Emergency Food Aid, they do sporadic pop ups that are first come first serve, we tend to just funnel money to them rather than assist with the set up though, as we have done with North and South Liverpool.

I've also done some bits with the Trussell Trust and South Sefton's Foodbank, so PM me or I'll help in here if I can Deb. My knowledge stretches to some minor logistics and handing over money though, by and large.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16151 on: June 15, 2021, 12:42:36 pm »
Yeh I work with the Trussel Trust but not in the part that deals with eligibility. As far as I understand potential users neeed to be referred via one of a number of invested agencies such as the council, social services, some homelessness charities etc

I also work with a small indpendent charity which doesn't have a referal-wall as such, rather they use word of mouth to spread the message that they are there to help. So it may be that there are similar independent food bank providers near you as well as a more established one.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:44:32 pm by Ghost Town »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16152 on: June 15, 2021, 01:25:37 pm »
Trussel Trust who run the Stretford one near me say you need a referral to get a voucher  https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/emergency-food/food-vouchers/

manchester central says the same https://manchestercentral.foodbank.org.uk/get-help/how-to-get-help/

Thanks Rob 👍

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16154 on: June 21, 2021, 08:59:54 pm »
Just to let people know that the deadline for the GP Opt-out form to be submitted has changed from 23 June (i.e this wednesday) to a week before 1st sept, so basically 25 August, with the big data sell off starting on 1st Sept.

I'm mentioning it here as a question about it was asked a page or two ago. Those who don't want your data sold on, make sure you remember that there's two opt-outs you need to do. One for your GP data and another separate one for your hospital/clinic etc data

All the info is here: https://medconfidential.org/how-to-opt-out/

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16155 on: June 22, 2021, 02:32:20 pm »
I'm curious if anyone received the test emergency alerts on their phones today? Was anyone aware of it happening.

I wasn't aware of it until this morning, but didn't get anything on my phone.

https://www.gov.uk/alerts/planned-tests

I can imagine this generating some complaints...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16156 on: June 22, 2021, 04:06:18 pm »
I'm curious if anyone received the test emergency alerts on their phones today? Was anyone aware of it happening.

Nope, didn't even know about it - just got the usual holiday deals emails and texts

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16157 on: June 22, 2021, 05:16:03 pm »
Nothing on my phone either but then, we're in Wales so probably wouldn't be included 🙄

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16158 on: June 22, 2021, 05:17:02 pm »

I knew about it. No one I know got one. Was disappointed to be honest.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16159 on: June 22, 2021, 05:27:10 pm »
Apparently only happening on Android 11 which still has pretty low market share, and even then not on all of them.

Next weeks test which is only in Reading is on iOS as well.