Author Topic: Fox News - Tucker's Fucked.  (Read 306506 times)

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
Re: Fox News - still lying to the planet.
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 02:32:22 pm »

I saw Outfoxed - silly polemic in a Michael Moore fashion.
Might I suggest "Bias" a book by Bernie Goldberg.  He was a reporter for many years for CBS and points out the bias that the major networks have - like NBC, CBS, the BBC etc.  He doesn't treat it like a hit job, but a serious sounding of the left-of-center bias by most, but not all, reporters, and more importantly, producers.  He doesn't accuse them of being shills for the left-of-center parties, but they naturally gravitate that way and it shows in their reporting and the stories the decide to run with.

Once you understand that then you will see why FOX is so successful.  It is one voice vs every other news outlet.

I do agree that outfoxed is not a great documentary, but it points out some pretty disturbing stuff if you ask me.
And I have never stated that other newschannels are perfect, my main problem with fox is their "fair and balanced", "we report you choose" BS, when they are far from fair and balanced.
Bart: Dad, what's a Muppet?

Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... (laughs, then pauses) So, to answer you question, I don't know.

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 04:33:01 pm »
I do agree that outfoxed is not a great documentary, but it points out some pretty disturbing stuff if you ask me.
And I have never stated that other newschannels are perfect, my main problem with fox is their "fair and balanced", "we report you choose" BS, when they are far from fair and balanced.
My gripe is more with the other news channels because they pretend to be the opposite of FOX. 

FOX is for republicans, and they act that way, straight to the point, in your face, and pro war.  CNN are the Dems-make you think they're the other side, but in reality are just like FOX.

Malcolm X said he had more respect for Republicans than Democrats because "they will call you a ni**er to your face".
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:35:37 pm by Eric »

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2006, 06:10:15 pm »
It's unfair to compare a country to a continent, but as a whole Americans are less educated than Europeans, leading to less wages, and more blind nationalism, or religion.
Bollocks. You are so full of shit right here that there's almost no need to go further. For example, the average American has significantly more disposable income than the average European. Google is your friend, and a report by a Swedish group called Timbro might be a good place to start. Or Wikipedia, which says that the average GDP per capita in the EU for 2007 will be US$32,900. Compared with US$40,000 in the US in 2005.

When you have a lot of blue collar workers getting raped by big business, you end up with desperate people looking for meaning in their lives.  And like footy hooligans they attach themselves to something passionately (USA! USA!).

I love the ungainly way you try to separate people who attach themselves to football clubs into hooligans and others. And then only ascribe the motives of desperation and inadequacy to The Hooligans. Bullshit again.

I also read somewhere that the leading employer in all of the red states was Wal-mart, which is ironic because this is where most of patriotic/religious America lives, yet none of the products are American made, and Wal-mart has a reputation for being anti-union, pro-foreign labor.

Did you also read that the leading employer in all of the blue states was Wal*mart? Wal-mart happens to be the biggest employer in the world. One day we will all work for Wal*mart. And I will be your boss.

It's not just FOX, or the Republicans that lies, it's all of them.

Oh, and you. Apparently

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2006, 06:22:14 pm »
Mainstream media is gash, anyway.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2006, 06:53:09 pm »
Bollocks. You are so full of shit right here that there's almost no need to go further. For example, the average American has significantly more disposable income than the average European. Google is your friend, and a report by a Swedish group called Timbro might be a good place to start. Or Wikipedia, which says that the average GDP per capita in the EU for 2007 will be US$32,900. Compared with US$40,000 in the US in 2005.

Although us poor backward Irish have $41,000 GDP per capita (2005 est.) :) The EU results are significantly skewed by the taking in of 12 Eastern European nations recently. Not that I'm gonna argue who's got more cash(bit vulgar). Frankly Eric's post was filled with sweeping generalisations.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 11:01:30 pm by Fiend »

Offline Jack_frost

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2006, 08:48:53 pm »

And far more debt per household.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2006, 09:08:24 pm »
A very good opinion piece on FOX's 10th year IMHO (I don't want to post the entire thing here)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/10/10/EDG6PKDV631.DTL

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2006, 10:39:14 pm »

I love the ungainly way you try to separate people who attach themselves to football clubs into hooligans and others. And then only ascribe the motives of desperation and inadequacy to The Hooligans. Bullshit again.

Did you also read that the leading employer in all of the blue states was Wal*mart? Wal-mart happens to be the biggest employer in the world. One day we will all work for Wal*mart. And I will be your boss.

Oh, and you. Apparently

The entire first point was that they were less educated, which leads to lower wages.  Remember this is the country where the president wants to teach abstinence, and creationism.

I never addressed GDP or wage differences?  As I said earlier, it is unfair to compare a continent to a country.  Europe has a population more than double that of the US.

The second point was a comparison, so any "motives" that were ascribed were to both parties.  It's well known that football clubs started to raise the costs of tickets (not only for profit) but to price this element out of the sport, which they have effectively done in certain places.  This in a nutshell explains globalization.

Is it a sweeping generalization that crime can be traced to unemployment/layoffs?

Did you read the post that I was addressing??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:57:19 pm by Eric »

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2006, 10:53:29 pm »
Or Wikipedia, which says that the average GDP per capita in the EU for 2007 will be US$32,900. Compared with US$40,000 in the US in 2005.
Yay!  ::)
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2006, 12:52:27 am »

So I bet you have a problem with Budweiser "The King of Beers".

A question for you- Do you have the capability of getting Fox News where you reside? Is it available but you don't watch it?

My next question to you is--you have seen the outfoxed version. Why don't you watch Bill Oreilly for one month and post every time in this thread when he threatens someone during that month?

I specifically remember one instance, and it's probably on outfoxed, where he did threaten someone for "lying" . And he got rather heated. It was a conspiracy theorist who claimed the 9/11 was perpertrated by the government. This was shortly after 9/11 happened. I do wonder if outfoxed has the whole 8-10 minute segment or just the threatening part. he gave, like he does with all his guests, a chance to prove his "theory" repeatedly and he just keep spouting conspiracy. It got to poor old Bill. If I remember correctly it was someone who lost someone during 9/11 who was spouting the conspiracy theory.

But enough of Fox news and your problems with their moto.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it no one answered my questions earlier?

However, to me it is a little self serving to say that because someone watches a news channel like Fox News it means those who do will vote Republican.  My question to those who think that is: Before Fox News 10 years ago, how did Republicans ever win any races? How did they win the Presidency or the Senate or the House? Because the Republicans had control of one or more of the 3 before Fox News ever came about. Strange fact that eh...

btw.... just kinda for the record..the Republicans won both houses in 1994 for the first time in 40 years or so.. Two years before Fox News ever broadcast their first program.

But of course it's all Fox News who is helping the Republicans control things... :lmao
Sorry, seriously..... you're right aren't you, it's down to Fox News spouting it's lies that has helped Republicans win,  that's what you've been led to believe.  Even the Democratic Party faithful believe that as well, so don't feel bad.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fiend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2006, 02:15:29 am »
I specifically remember one instance, and it's probably on outfoxed, where he did threaten someone for "lying" . And he got rather heated. It was a conspiracy theorist who claimed the 9/11 was perpertrated by the government. This was shortly after 9/11 happened. I do wonder if outfoxed has the whole 8-10 minute segment or just the threatening part. he gave, like he does with all his guests, a chance to prove his "theory" repeatedly and he just keep spouting conspiracy. It got to poor old Bill. If I remember correctly it was someone who lost someone during 9/11 who was spouting the conspiracy theory.

This is exactly how Fox and O'Reilly distorts things. The truth is:

In a manner reminiscent of his 2003 verbal attacks, O'Reilly again smeared Glick and distorted his remarks. From the July 20, 2004, edition of FOX News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor:

O'REILLY: But who is this guy, really? Well, on this program, Glick said President [George W.] Bush and his father [former President George H.W. Bush] were responsible for his [Glick's] father's death. He said George W. Bush pulled off a coup to get elected. He implied the U.S.A. itself was a terrorist nation. And he called his father's death at the hands of an Al Qaeda "alleged assassination." He said America itself was responsible for the 9-11 attack because it is an imperialistic, aggressive nation. Glick was dismissed from The Factor because he was completely off the wall. Security actually had to take the guy out of the building, he was that out of control.

Glick never said "President Bush and his father were responsible for his [Glick's] father's death." What Glick did say, on the February 4, 2003, edition of The O'Reilly Factor, was the following: "Our current president now inherited a legacy from his father and inherited a political legacy that's responsible for training militarily, economically, and situating geopolitically the parties involved in the alleged assassination and the murder of my father and countless of thousands of others."

O'Reilly's remark that Glick "implied the U.S.A. itself was a terrorist nation" is also a distortion. In 2003, O'Reilly said to Glick, "I don't think he'd [your father] be equating this country as a terrorist nation as you are." Glick replied, "Well, I wasn't saying that it was necessarily like that. ... What I'm saying is ... is that in -- six months before the Soviet invasion in Afghanistan, starting in the Carter administration and continuing and escalating while Bush's father was head of the CIA, we recruited a hundred thousand radical mujahedeens to combat a democratic government in Afghanistan, the Turaki government."
http://mediamatters.org/items/200407210006
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 02:17:18 am by Fiend »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2006, 03:20:32 am »
Fiend: Why not the whole transcripts in their entirety? Why rely on someone to explain the "distortion" for you.

Have fun.. be sure to read the "set up story line" paragraph before the interview starts..

O'REILLY: In the "Personal Stories" segment tonight, we were surprised to find out than an American who lost his father in the World Trade Center attack had signed an anti-war advertisement that accused the USA itself of terrorism. The offending passage read, "We too watched with shock the horrific events of September 11... we too mourned the thousands of innocent dead and shook our heads at the terrible scenes of carnage -- even as we recalled similar scenes in Baghdad, Panama City, and a generation ago, Vietnam." With us now is Jeremy Glick, whose father, Barry, was a Port Authority worker at the Trade Center. Mr. Glick is a co-author of the book "Another World is Possible." I'm surprised you signed this. You were the only one of all of the families who signed...

JEREMY GLICK: Well, actually, that's not true.

O'REILLY: Who signed the advertisement?

GLICK: Peaceful Tomorrow, which represents 9/11 families, were also involved.

O'REILLY: Hold it, hold it, hold it, Jeremy. You're the only one who signed this advertisement.

GLICK: As an individual.

O'REILLY: Yes, as -- with your name. You were the only one. I was surprised, and the reason I was surprised is that this ad equates the United States with the terrorists. And I was offended by that.

GLICK: Well, you say -- I remember earlier you said it was a moral equivalency, and it's actually a material equivalency. And just to back up for a second about your surprise, I'm actually shocked that you're surprised. If you think about it, our current president, who I feel and many feel is in this position illegitimately by neglecting the voices of Afro- Americans in the Florida coup, which, actually, somebody got impeached for during the Reconstruction period -- Our current president now inherited a legacy from his father and inherited a political legacy that's responsible for training militarily, economically, and situating geopolitically the parties involved in the alleged assassination and the murder of my father and countless of thousands of others. So I don't see why it's surprising...

O'REILLY: All right. Now let me stop you here. So...

GLICK: ... for you to think that I would come back and want to support...

O'REILLY: It is surprising, and I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why it's surprising.

GLICK: ... escalating...

O'REILLY: You are mouthing a far left position that is a marginal position in this society, which you're entitled to.

GLICK: It's marginal -- right.

O'REILLY: You're entitled to it, all right, but you're -- you see, even -- I'm sure your beliefs are sincere, but what upsets me is I don't think your father would be approving of this.

GLICK: Well, actually, my father thought that Bush's presidency was illegitimate.

O'REILLY: Maybe he did, but...

GLICK: I also didn't think that Bush...

O'REILLY: ... I don't think he'd be equating this country as a terrorist nation as you are.

GLICK: Well, I wasn't saying that it was necessarily like that.

O'REILLY: Yes, you are. You signed...

GLICK: What I'm saying is...

O'REILLY: ... this, and that absolutely said that.

GLICK: ... is that in -- six months before the Soviet invasion in Afghanistan, starting in the Carter administration and continuing and escalating while Bush's father was head of the CIA, we recruited a hundred thousand radical mujahadeens to combat a democratic government in Afghanistan, the Turaki government.

O'REILLY: All right. I don't want to...

GLICK: Maybe...

O'REILLY: I don't want to debate world politics with you.

GLICK: Well, why not? This is about world politics.

O'REILLY: Because, No. 1, I don't really care what you think.

GLICK: Well, OK.

O'REILLY: You're -- I want to...

GLICK: But you do care because you...

O'REILLY: No, no. Look...

GLICK: The reason why you care is because you evoke 9/11...

O'REILLY: Here's why I care.

GLICK: ... to rationalize...

O'REILLY: Here's why I care...

GLICK: Let me finish. You evoke 9/11 to rationalize everything from domestic plunder to imperialistic aggression worldwide.

O'REILLY: OK. That's a bunch...

GLICK: You evoke sympathy with the 9/11 families.

O'REILLY: That's a bunch of crap. I've done more for the 9/11 families by their own admission -- I've done more for them than you will ever hope to do.

GLICK: OK.

O'REILLY: So you keep your mouth shut when you sit here exploiting those people.

GLICK: Well, you're not representing me. You're not representing me.

O'REILLY: And I'd never represent you. You know why?

GLICK: Why?

O'REILLY: Because you have a warped view of this world and a warped view of this country.

GLICK: Well, explain that. Let me give you an example of a parallel...

O'REILLY: No, I'm not going to debate this with you, all right.

GLICK: Well, let me give you an example of parallel experience. On September 14...

O'REILLY: No, no. Here's -- here's the...

GLICK: On September 14...

O'REILLY: Here's the record.

O'REILLY: All right. You didn't support the action against Afghanistan to remove the Taliban. You were against it, OK.

GLICK: Why would I want to brutalize and further punish the people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: Who killed your father!

GLICK: The people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: Who killed your father.

GLICK: ... didn't kill my father.

O'REILLY: Sure they did. The al Qaeda people were trained there.

GLICK: The al Qaeda people? What about the Afghan people?

O'REILLY: See, I'm more angry about it than you are!

GLICK: So what about George Bush?

O'REILLY: What about George Bush? He had nothing to do with it.

GLICK: The director -- senior as director of the CIA.

O'REILLY: He had nothing to do with it.

GLICK: So the people that trained a hundred thousand Mujahadeen who were...

O'REILLY: Man, I hope your mom isn't watching this.

GLICK: Well, I hope she is.

O'REILLY: I hope your mother is not watching this because you -- that's it. I'm not going to say anymore.

O'REILLY: In respect for your father...

GLICK: On September 14, do you want to know what I'm doing?

O'REILLY: Shut up. Shut up.

GLICK: Oh, please don't tell me to shut up.

O'REILLY: As respect -- as respect -- in respect for your father, who was a Port Authority worker, a fine American, who got killed unnecessarily by barbarians...

GLICK: By radical extremists who were trained by this government...

O'REILLY: Out of respect for him...

GLICK: ... not the people of America.

O'REILLY: ... I'm not going to...

GLICK: ... The people of the ruling class, the small minority.

O'REILLY: Cut his mic. I'm not going to dress you down anymore, out of respect for your father. We will be back in a moment with more of THE FACTOR.

GLICK: That means we're done?

O'REILLY: We're done.

After commercial break:

OREILLY: "I have to apologize. If I knew that guy, Jeremy Glick, was going to be like that, I never would have brought him in here, and I feel bad for his family. I really do. "

Little different than the media matters link you posted when taken in full context. But not unexpected as many put their opinion or should I say claims of distortion on that bit. I'm bet it's on outfoxed, the question is..like the media matters link..is the entire interview there?

Here's the link to the entire video:
http://www.lyingliar.com/videos/glick.htm
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:32:27 am by 4pool »

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2006, 03:21:53 am »
O'Reilly is a bigot, perfect for Fox News.

If you can't see how shite it is and what a cancer Murdoch's unleashed on the world, then there's no point in you following current affairs.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2006, 03:33:45 am »
As you were...lol

Offline Fiend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2006, 03:35:46 am »
Fiend: Why not the whole transcripts in their entirety? Why rely on someone to explain the "distortion" for you.

Little different than the media matters link you posted when taken in full context. But not unexpected as many put their opinion or should I say claims of distortion on that bit. I'm bet it's on outfoxed, the question is..like the media matters link..is the entire interview there?

Yes the entire interview is on Outfoxed. In fact that transcript is even more damning than mine. You and I see things so different it's unreal!

His 'far left' opinion is entirely reasonable and shows up US policy for the shambles that it is! The CIA did train the mujahadeen. Of course O'Reilly didnt want to talk about it because that brings us down a road that Republicans dont want to travel - that they may have created this monster.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2006, 09:24:06 am »

Have fun.. be sure to read the "set up story line" paragraph before the interview starts..

O'REILLY: In the "Personal Stories" segment tonight, we were surprised to find out than an American who lost his father in the World Trade Center attack had signed an anti-war advertisement that accused the USA itself of terrorism. The offending passage read, "We too watched with shock the horrific events of September 11... we too mourned the thousands of innocent dead and shook our heads at the terrible scenes of carnage -- even as we recalled similar scenes in Baghdad, Panama City, and a generation ago, Vietnam." With us now is Jeremy Glick, whose father, Barry, was a Port Authority worker at the Trade Center. Mr. Glick is a co-author of the book "Another World is Possible." I'm surprised you signed this. You were the only one of all of the families who signed...

O'REILLY: Hold it, hold it, hold it, Jeremy. You're the only one who signed this advertisement.

O'REILLY: Yes, as -- with your name. You were the only one. I was surprised, and the reason I was surprised is that this ad equates the United States with the terrorists. And I was offended by that.

GLICK: Well, you say -- I remember earlier you said it was a moral equivalency, and it's actually a material equivalency. And just to back up for a second about your surprise, I'm actually shocked that you're surprised. If you think about it, our current president, who I feel and many feel is in this position illegitimately by neglecting the voices of Afro- Americans in the Florida coup, which, actually, somebody got impeached for during the Reconstruction period -- Our current president now inherited a legacy from his father and inherited a political legacy that's responsible for training militarily, economically, and situating geopolitically the parties involved in the alleged assassination and the murder of my father and countless of thousands of others. So I don't see why it's surprising...

O'REILLY: It is surprising, and I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why it's surprising.

O'REILLY: You are mouthing a far left position that is a marginal position in this society, which you're entitled to.

O'REILLY: You're entitled to it, all right, but you're -- you see, even -- I'm sure your beliefs are sincere, but what upsets me is I don't think your father would be approving of this.

GLICK: Well, actually, my father thought that Bush's presidency was illegitimate.

O'REILLY: ... I don't think he'd be equating this country as a terrorist nation as you are.

GLICK: ... is that in -- six months before the Soviet invasion in Afghanistan, starting in the Carter administration and continuing and escalating while Bush's father was head of the CIA, we recruited a hundred thousand radical mujahadeens to combat a democratic government in Afghanistan, the Turaki government.

GLICK: Let me finish. You evoke 9/11 to rationalize everything from domestic plunder to imperialistic aggression worldwide.

O'REILLY: That's a bunch of crap. I've done more for the 9/11 families by their own admission -- I've done more for them than you will ever hope to do.

O'REILLY: So you keep your mouth shut when you sit here exploiting those people.

O'REILLY: Because you have a warped view of this world and a warped view of this country.

GLICK: Well, let me give you an example of parallel experience. On September 14...

O'REILLY: All right. You didn't support the action against Afghanistan to remove the Taliban. You were against it, OK.

GLICK: Why would I want to brutalize and further punish the people in Afghanistan...

O'REILLY: I hope your mother is not watching this because you -- that's it. I'm not going to say anymore.

O'REILLY: As respect -- as respect -- in respect for your father, who was a Port Authority worker, a fine American, who got killed unnecessarily by barbarians...

O'REILLY: Cut his mic. I'm not going to dress you down anymore, out of respect for your father. We will be back in a moment with more of THE FACTOR.

After commercial break:

OREILLY: "I have to apologize. If I knew that guy, Jeremy Glick, was going to be like that, I never would have brought him in here, and I feel bad for his family. I really do. "

The full transcript does absolutely nothing to mitigate the disgraceful position and comments that that fucking prick O'Reilly took.

With HANNITY and colmes acting as the moderate voice that channel loses any pretension of banned reporting and makes the targeting of a channel like Al Jazeera all the more disgraceful. They also are fitting a niche but there is no comparison in the balance of reporting, it is much closer to the news side of things than the cheerleader approach of Fox.

And how anyone can dismiss Outfoxed without facts when that particular programme did a complete hatchet job is beyond me.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2006, 09:30:05 am »
4pool, sorry mate, but if you think that full transcript paints O'Reilly in a good light then your critical faculties are completely fucked.

Can you not see what is wrong with this:

Or this:

The man is a rude clown. That's not journalism, it's actually hard to know how to describe it. His pathetic attempt to imply the disapproval Glick's father based on no evidence whatsoever, is so crude it's laughable and also disresepectful to both Glick himself and his dead father. My understanding was that America had freedom of speech.

Like Bush, O'Reilly wallows in the dust of the World Trade Centre for his own purposes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2006, 11:20:58 am »
So I bet you have a problem with Budweiser "The King of Beers".
I sure do, I won't even call it beer.

A question for you- Do you have the capability of getting Fox News where you reside? Is it available but you don't watch it?

My next question to you is--you have seen the outfoxed version. Why don't you watch Bill Oreilly for one month and post every time in this thread when he threatens someone during that month?
You can't get fox news anymore now, as the cable company that used to have it removed it because they didn't have any viewers.
And I don't see what your point is with him not threaten somebody every show, he has done it and thats something you shouldn't do on your own tv show. And the fact that he tells people to shut up, he lies and he threathens, doesn't that bother you? You think it's OK because he doesn't do it every show?

But enough of Fox news and your problems with their moto.

I suggest you download the movie and see for yourself, there was nobody spousing conspiracy theories, and the interview in full is on "outfoxed".
And that O'Reillly gives all his guest a chance to prove his theory is just BS, and the interview you mentioned is a first class example of when he doesn't do it.

Why is it no one answered my questions earlier?

btw.... just kinda for the record..the Republicans won both houses in 1994 for the first time in 40 years or so.. Two years before Fox News ever broadcast their first program.

But of course it's all Fox News who is helping the Republicans control things... :lmao
Sorry, seriously..... you're right aren't you, it's down to Fox News spouting it's lies that has helped Republicans win,  that's what you've been led to believe.  Even the Democratic Party faithful believe that as well, so don't feel bad.

So because the republicans won elections in the past, it's OK for Fox News to spout lies?

Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... (laughs, then pauses) So, to answer you question, I don't know.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2006, 01:20:43 pm »
Not sure whether this has already been posted, a clip from a Fox News interview with Slick Willy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyQ4Ae6Ei0&NR
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2006, 02:01:23 pm »
O'Reilly - what a c*nt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJo4erfBNTo&mode=related&search=

Great! includes the gem: "Europeans are all cowards..."  welll fuck you mate! and Hurricane Katrina victims who didn't leave New Orleans stayed because of their drug habit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSlKrhp0dPM&mode=related&search=

He doesn't ask opinions of Newt Gingrich and the other commentator... just blathers on with his message... "I believe there are large elements of the media trying to undermine the War in Iraq..." he asks the woman if she thinks NBC fall in that category, she is non-committal, but O'Reilly blunders on anyway... "yes I think you are right.... they are trying to undermine the War in Iraq"...

Slightly different tack here, can't think why...  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_iPExmqtA&mode=related&search=

"The south vietnamese didn't fight for their freedom, that's why they don't have it today..."  "Muslims yearn to be free..."

The bit about chemical weapons is fantastic... O'Reilly really puts Bush on the spot... "Yeah, I understand that..."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2006, 02:07:42 pm »
Well coming back into this thread after posting the full transcripts and a link to the video, I knew what type of responces I would find. I will have to say those who have posted didn't dissapoint...

It is why various websites have so much fun with Fox News and I would guess even Outfoxed.

But i'm not sure if you lot are just sheep or can't really be critical thinkers.

Those that pick apart this particular segment on the O'Reiily show change the point of the topic and the sheep blindly follow.

To those who are at the ready..it is about Jeremy Glicks attempt to "spin" the segment into his world beliefs and how O'Rielly and Fox didn't want to hear it or whatever, forgetting that his show is the "no spin zone".

Anyone with half a brain can see that was not the question at hand. It was why a family member who's Father was killed in the September 11th attacks would represent his Fathers memory as the same as his as he had done in other media interviews.

It wasn't about Jeremy's point of view..as O'Rielly clearly stated...he's entitled to his viewpoint. But he was representing his viewpoints as his Fathers by signing onto the advertisment and not clarifying in the media afterwards.

The question is, and Jeremy Glick has never offered any proof to the contrary, did his Father hold with the same world views that the USA was to blame. There was a previous attack on the World Trade Center, at that time was Jeremy's dad spouting the same logic as to why the USA was attacked then?

If so, why didn't Jeremy bring the proof with him and shut O'Reilly up? It wasn't because he had the proof. It was because Jeremy wanted to spout his "opinion" on why the World Trade Centers were attacked.

It matters not that his Dad didn't vote for Bush. So did a few million other New Yorkers. Jeremy's dad was also a Union member. Plenty of them didn't vote for Bush either. But it is a momumental stretch to say that those who didn't vote for Bush all believe as Jeremy does.  And that IS the point. After 9/11 the Country came together. Only few spouted what Jeremy did. And if Americans, even New Yorkers, were polled now it would show what a minority Jeremy Glick is in with. Even Port Authority workers who worked with his Dad don't buy Jeremy's version of his fathers view points..

It is, and rightfully so, sad that someone who lost a family member would represent that his views on the USA being the "cause" of the problem were the views of his dad. If Jeremy Glick had any honor he would admit his father never held the same opinion. But he didn't admit that on the show when asked.

That was the point of the segment. Not what Jeremy Glick thought about the events. If Jeremy would have said these are my views and have nothing to do with my Father..then he would have been able to go on.  Because Jeremy got the notoriety he did because his Father perished in the attack, he was being used ( willingly albeit). He was the poster boy at the time. He gave the advertisment the most credibility. Without who his father was, Jeremy would have been another nobody who helped pay or support  the ad. And Jeremy knew that.  he had his 15 minutes of fame. But because he was using his Fathers death to promote HIS view point and "opinion"..that was the outrage.

And the real distortion.

I would trust my Son not to ever misrepresent my views after I die. If he did..he'd be lying and he would know it. Wouldn't he. Wouldn't you expect your son to do the same?

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2006, 02:10:32 pm »

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2006, 02:23:11 pm »
4pool, you sure know a lot about Glick and his father views thats for sure. And lets just say that Glick is the big bad wolf here, you still haven't answered the question about wheather you think it's ok to for a newschannel(even if it's only on an opinion show) to lie to the public?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:05:45 pm by Ole Gunnar »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2006, 02:23:44 pm »
This one's a doozy boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCDkC-Ce56M

Watch how O'Reilly cuts and manipulates VT of an interview with Joe Biden.... Trotsky and Goebbels would be proud of him. It's indefensible in a free country 4pool.

The question is, and Jeremy Glick has never offered any proof to the contrary, did his Father hold with the same world views that the USA was to blame. There was a previous attack on the World Trade Center, at that time was Jeremy's dad spouting the same logic as to why the USA was attacked then?

If so, why didn't Jeremy bring the proof with him and shut O'Reilly up? It wasn't because he had the proof. It was because Jeremy wanted to spout his "opinion" on why the World Trade Centers were attacked.

4pool you are so far down the road you can't see what's wrong with this comment, he was asked an off-the-cuff question about his father and answered it - what fucking "proof" does he need to provide? The question was a cheap shot at Glick by a gross arsehole. Do you and O'Reilly have proof for all the shit you come out with. O'Reilly claims to speak for all the other 9-11 victims...

Your logic says that Glick only has a right to speak because of the death of his father in the attacks and that somehow he has some obligation to demonstrate that his father had the same views before he is allowed a voice in O'Reilly's world. Can you not see how stupid and insulting that is.

Has O'Reilly got documentary proof that the political leanings and attitudes of the dead are in line with his views when he claims to be the champion of the families of 3,000 victims (sorry 2,999).

You really do take the fucking biscuit sometimes mate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2006, 02:27:40 pm »
All well and good 4pool, but my problem is this: who appointed Bill O'Reilly and Fox News as the defender of Glick's father's memory? What right have they to tell this guy he is expoiting his dead father's memory? I have never seen much of Fox News, which is why I've kept out of this until the I saw that transcript, but I'm willing to wager that they've exploited a few victims of 9/11 themselves over the years? Interviews of grieving widows, firefighters who lost colleagues etc etc. I bet you all the money in the fucking world that this guy would rather his son carry his memory forward than Bill O'Reilly.

So they brought him on to discuss why he was traducing his father's memory, misrepresenting his beliefs (how the fuck do they know he was!!??) and then got pissed off when he spoke of his beliefs? I see. What he should have done then was hang his head shame then turn and bend over while Bill O'Reilly gave him six of the best on the rear end. Of course he was going to try and push his agenda, he was on a national news network and he believes in something. Seems to me his major crime in O'Reilly's eyes was believing in the wrong kind of something.

Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2006, 02:36:38 pm »
Even Port Authority workers who worked with his Dad don't buy Jeremy's version of his fathers view points..

You have the proof of course, after all if the word of a son isn't good enough for you (he's a pinko after all and therfore untrustworthy) then you must have the documents to prove the views of these unnamed PA guys.

And the real distortion.

I would trust my Son not to ever misrepresent my views after I die. If he did..he'd be lying and he would know it. Wouldn't he. Wouldn't you expect your son to do the same?

How dare you... as cheap shots go that's pretty low.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2006, 02:56:55 pm »
It's indefensible in a free country

Actually, surely it's entirely defensible in a free country?  And perhaps only in a free country.

I think it's been to no-one's advantage that news became entertainment, but no-one's making anyone watch Reilly (I never have) or Michael Moore, Rush Whatshisface or Al Gore.

Me, I only watch the Daily Show and the Repor, but I still don't accept everything they tell me without thinking for myself.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2006, 03:13:24 pm »
Actually, surely it's entirely defensible in a free country?  And perhaps only in a free country.

I think it's been to no-one's advantage that news became entertainment, but no-one's making anyone watch Reilly (I never have) or Michael Moore, Rush Whatshisface or Al Gore.

Me, I only watch the Daily Show and the Repor, but I still don't accept everything they tell me without thinking for myself.

Jon Stewart's comment on Crossfire:

CARLSON: You had John Kerry on your show and you sniff his throne and you're accusing us of partisan hackery?

STEWART: Absolutely.

CARLSON: You've got to be kidding me. He comes on and you...

STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.

If O'Reilly made it clear that he's a brilliant satirist, mocking right-wing it might be acceptable. Instead he's giving George Bush blow-jobs on TV. FOX is peddling itself as a news channel not a comedy show. From what I've seen, Fox goes beyond simple bias, which is always there to a greater or lesser extent (even Pravda and Isvestia had different slants on the news), and is indulging in polemic and propaganda.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

• Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2006, 03:46:25 pm »
STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.

I love Mr Stewart, but that's disingenuous in the extreme. His whole schtick is that I'm a comedian so I can buddy up to the politicians I like, but you have to be a pure balanced journalist because your channel has News in its name. That's an out -moded idea -- news is entertainment and has been for decades, if not forever --  and it's dishonest and unworthy of him.

And it's insulting to the populace to think that viewers can't see through the bullshit, wherever it comes from and whoever is selling it.

Guerilla war struggle is the new entertainment.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »

I'm sure the North Korean TV corporation has a similiar view on its rather focussed poltical spin.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2006, 03:51:37 pm »

After commercial break:

What is interesting here is that FOX saught Glick out, not the other way around.  So who is really benefitting off of the victims of 9/11? 

Then goes on to say :
I've done more for the 9/11 families by their own admission -- I've done more for them than you will ever hope to do.

He just shamelessly promoted himself to millions by evoking the sympathy of the victims.  And by calling Glick the exploiter, he implicates that he has not exploited when he just did one sentance earlier.

And if O'reilly was looking for "his Father's" veiwpoints, then why open the conversation by asking why Jeremy signed the ad?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:53:19 pm by Eric »

Offline Fiend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2006, 03:55:57 pm »
It's bloody hardgoing arguing with 4pool and AS.
I'm going back to my 'Fox News are a bunch of lizards' spiel.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:05:20 pm by Fiend »

• Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2006, 04:01:22 pm »
I'm sure the North Korean TV corporation has a similiar view on its rather focussed poltical spin.

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2006, 04:06:40 pm »
I love Mr Stewart, but that's disingenuous in the extreme. His whole schtick is that I'm a comedian so I can buddy up to the politicians I like, but you have to be a pure balanced journalist because your channel has News in its name. That's an out -moded idea -- news is entertainment and has been for decades, if not forever --  and it's dishonest and unworthy of him.

And it's insulting to the populace to think that viewers can't see through the bullshit, wherever it comes from and whoever is selling it.

Guerilla war struggle is the new entertainment.
Eh, I like it still, cause the media is so unbalanced.  I go there for news sometimes, and I like jokes about politicians.  Him and Tina Fey are great.

Colbert on the other hand plays off O'Reilly to the point of annoyance sometimes.

• Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2006, 04:12:13 pm »
It's bloody hard going arguing with 4pool and AS.

I thought I was rather fun to argue with. But here, let me help

As far as Fox "News" goes, my argument is a fairly simple two-parter:

1. It's not really your business what people in a different country choose to watch on their TV.

2. Anyone expecting privately-owned, for profit, "News" channels to toe some ideal Reithian line is on crack. News is entertainment, and while people tend to gravitate towards the shows/channels that echo and re-inforce their own prejudices, most of them still have the brains to see through spin of whatever ideology. No-one watches Fox, or CNN, or Comedy Central in an expectation that they're going to see The Truth, they understand they have to apply their own filters and draw their own conclusions. And much the same is true of listening to John Humphreys or watching Question Time.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2006, 04:15:06 pm »

2. Anyone expecting privately-owned, for profit, "News" channels to toe some ideal Reithian line is on crack. News is entertainment, and while people tend to gravitate towards the shows/channels that echo and re-inforce their own prejudices, most of them still have the brains to see through spin of whatever ideology. No-one watches Fox, or CNN, or Comedy Central in an expectation that they're going to see The Truth, they understand they have to apply their own filters and draw their own conclusions. And much the same is true of listening to John Humphreys or watching Question Time.

People actually think the New York Times is un-biased though

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2006, 04:29:15 pm »
Is there any chance you would all quit quoting that huge chunk of dialogue from O'Reilly or wherever?

It makes the thread hard to read, and I do love my slice of 4pool and Americas Sweetheart.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2006, 04:30:30 pm »

1. It's not really your business what people in a different country choose to watch on their TV.

Fine then don't broadcast your propaganda internationally.

No problems with that , just take the phrase 'News' off the channels,and put Republican ( or whatever) sponsored views.

Its the whole fact they're putting themselves as balanced reporters of the truth that is heinous
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2006, 04:33:45 pm »

After commercial break:

The media is all based on advertising and as long as that is, we'll never get the truth from any of them.

I really like www.democracynow.org

I also like arguing with AS and 4pool, but they are completely different beasts.

4pool deflects all criticism of America by asking about the Democrats/Bill Clinton, and AS is like a psycho libertarian that verbally rapes me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:37:48 pm by Eric »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2006, 06:07:34 pm »

That's a bit naive. Fox news is an active supporter of the "War on Terror" and if its rhetoric gives backing to the Bush administration when it commit crimes against other countries and affects my safety then yes, that is my concern. If Fox News sticks to domestic issues I will happily ignore it and leave you to go about your day.

Sorry but I just don't buy that. The broadcast news in this country is still required by law to maintain political balance. There are strict guidelines about what can and can't be said during the run-up to elections, George Galloway for instance, who has his own talk show, was barred from making political statements during the recent elections. This is a good thing in my opinion.

The closest parallel is therefore with the press, which is much less strictly regulated and where the political standpoint of the proprietors is much clearer. If you take the daily Express for instance, it has a fairly rabid stance on immigration... and if I talk to an Express reader, I don't find that they "apply their own filters and draw their own conclusions", they tend to spout the same bile as is printed in the rag they read. So no, I don't think the majority of Americans watching Fox are that critical. The majority of people who watch it as their main source of information do believe it's the truth - Fair and Balanced...

And have another look at Question Time - do the Tories get shouted down and have their mikes cut off? Are the panels weighted so that one side or the other is dominant? One of the Daily Shows best pieces as on what they called "Town Hall debates"... They showed Blair being greeted by boos and called a liar to his face... whereas Bush was given the equivalent of a blow-job.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)