Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 150870 times)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1200 on: September 19, 2010, 07:20:54 pm »
what does Agger have to do to get a league game ahead of Skrtel or even Carragher??  He's 10-times the CB than any of those 2.  But hey,let's stick him at LB instead.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #1201 on: September 19, 2010, 07:21:01 pm »
My expectations were not that high anyway. It would have been disappointing to lose 3-0 but I'm not that disappointed to lose 3-2.

At least we've now got a manager with the traditional English values of organizing the defence and motivating the players to give 110%.

I blame the foriegners. They totally let Roy down. Especially Lucas and Babel. I mean, what the fuck did they think they were doing?

Offline Purple Aki Fitness Club

• Main Stander
  • Student Discounts Available!
« Reply #1202 on: September 19, 2010, 07:22:40 pm »
What should interest you Roy, is defending our players in the face of criticisms / slurs from the bacon faced drunken tramp - Even if he is your mate.

Fucking grow some  :no
exactly.Fergie only dislikes Managers with the Bollocks to stand up to him.
Stop kissing his arse for fucks sake, and grow a pair of balls.You're manager of Liverpool now.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1203 on: September 19, 2010, 07:24:06 pm »
the attacking 3 werent the best really were they? i thought out of the 3, cole played the best, and torres started getting better the more wound up he got.

i do not rate jovanovic at all. thought babel in that position would have given manchester united something to think about.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline berrno3333

• Taliban Arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Noodles i slipped",
« Reply #1204 on: September 19, 2010, 07:24:06 pm »
exactly.Mr Alex Ferguson only dislikes Managers with the Bollocks to stand up to him.
Stop kissing his arse for fucks sake, and grow a pair of balls.You're manager of Liverpool now.
An arsehole of the first order and proud of it.                                                                                   Founder member of the Popular front of Judea

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1205 on: September 19, 2010, 07:24:35 pm »
I'm not criticizing Hodgson because he was brought in by this board - I'm only suggesting that he doesn't get the automatic support that I gave other managers because of it. That's not something I can explain, it's just my own personal feelings. I've personally been against many decisions that the board and the owners have taken. It would take something special for me to line up unquestioningly behind one of their decisions, because their track record is, frankly, shit.

Like I suggested, and you picked up on, Hodgson's football results on the pitch may take me from "uncomfortable observer of Hodgson's appointment" to "outright proponent of the Hodgson Way". So far, he's really given me little to suggest the change was for footballing reasons, that we got a superior manager in the footballing sense for the 11.5 million quid we spent to upgrade managers. But football's an afterthought.

Business wise, the direction is alarming. The squad is getting older in a hurry due to the age of his recruits and the age of the Rafa-era players that Hodgson has chosen to keep, and the money's running out. We'll have to replace Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Carra, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, and Aurelio within the next 3 years. Even Torres, Meireles and Johnson are the wrong side of 25. Even if this flock of players starts bringing in results, we're gonna be fucked soon. We don't have any Patos or Messis on our team. The youngest player who has a claim to the word "starter" is Lucas, and he's the most picked on member of this team, and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Insua is gone. Ayala is on loan. Mikel San Jose starts for Bilbao. Two kids were swapped for Konchesky. Nemeth is in Greece. The Riojas bought for 2015 are being popped without any thought to Best Drinking Date.

But getting back to Rafa - I disagree with your statement that "we" thought he should have gone for the jugular when he "settled" for something less. Rafa had the right approach - first become dead hard to beat, then worry about converting the draws into wins. Everyone bitched about the draws in 2008/2009 - well I'd give my left arsecheek for that many draws every season. Every season Baz. I would take that many draws every season. Let me say that again so that there is no confusion. I would take that many draws every league campaign.

You know why? Because Rafa had it right - with that many draws, and taking something like 14 points from top 4 teams (that's sick) we still had the most points that any second place team ever had. If we did that every year, we'd be within shouting distance of the title every season. Most of us just cannot wrap our limited intellect around the fact that it's not about one hand; it's about getting to the final table. Just because you create chances to see a flop, it doesn't mean you go all in every hand. It's a campaign. Fuck going for it every minute, instead be hard to beat and consistent. Take the points from home/away matchups against top opposition. That's it, djes. You don't need to go for broke against Stoke. Most times, Kuyt's opener counts, and Gerrard's shot goes in off the post. Meanwhile, you accumulate a war chest from Champions League revenue, and spend a percentage of it on a lot - a lot - of cheap, promising kids.

Instead, we did what Rafa always said not to do. We pushed harder than we should have in 2009/2010 when we didn't really have a chance at winning the hand, lost when it was obvious we weren't gonna win, took that as an indictment of Rafa and the whole fucking system, and then tilted madly. Victims of emotion. Pathetic really.

I can't speak for most people, Baz, but my discomfort with how we look now isn't about plucking random results and comparing them. It's about the entire tournament, indeed, the entire portfolio, not an isolated case by case comparison. Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged of Platini's jar. On any given day, Rafa's Rojas - a portfolio full of individual results that may look questionable in isolation - looked like something I'd put my money on. On any given day. You can't say that now. Would you fancy something out of an away trip to Inter Milan right now? Would you fuck. He'd fucking rip us to shreds, then look at his watch, the fat fuck.

Whether he bought Alonso for 10m or sold him for 30m, whether he bought Mascherano or sold Sissoko, whether Crouch fired blanks or became prolific for England, whether he swapped Josemi for Kromkamp (sp?) or Dudek for Reina, whether he played Gerrard on the right or off Torres, whether he "went for it" or "settled for a draw", whether he won in Istanbul or made 2 finals in 3 years, whether he stuck with Bellamy or bought Torres, on or off, whether his team conceded 4 to Arshavin or hit Chelsea for 4 at the Bridge - Rafa earned my respect, and my support because the longterm results were overwhelmingly positive. Random decisions and results mean nothing.

If Rafa were a fund, I'd invest in it. It looks like it would feature consistent performance, profits, and dividends - possibly boring, but those are usually stellart investments. I didn't disagree with any single individual thing Rafa did, especially not fucking subs or silly shit like "going for it" because I knew that over time, I was in the right hands. Day to day decisions may have indeed been random; but the long term results were on an upward trajectory. In his shittiest year, he came within minutes of a European final. That's long term results smoothed out for ya.

Unfortunately, some of us sound like folks who sold a longterm winner at the first sign of trouble, hopped onto a risky stock, and are now peering intently at the price over the last week, while alarm bells are ringing on the one year chart. "Oh it'll be alright, Rafa lost at Trafford too, it's not so bad," they say.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Can we put whole posts in our sigs??? Absolutely quality post mate! :wellin :scarf

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: September 19, 2010, 07:24:56 pm »
My expectations were not that high anyway. It would have been disappointing to lose 3-0 but I'm not that disappointed to lose 3-2.

At least we've now got a manager with the traditional English values of organizing the defence and motivating the players to give 110%.

I blame the foriegners. They totally let Roy down. Especially Lucas and Babel. I mean, what the fuck did they think they were doing?
;D
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1207 on: September 19, 2010, 07:25:22 pm »
exactly.Mr Alex Ferguson only dislikes Managers with the Bollocks to stand up to him.

Fcuk Fergie and his opinions, the only people that care about listening to him is the arse licking sky sports payroll and the press!

I couldnt give a toss what the purple nosed turd says - and the only time I would sit up and take notice is if the auld git said he had the runs!!!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1208 on: September 19, 2010, 07:25:43 pm »
Agreed... Call yourselves Liverpool supporters slagging off our Manager after 5 games, when what he really needs is our support. Really embarrassed! Best fans in the land...my arse... Starting to show the true colours now.

What a load of rubbish! In all my time as a fan, that's over 25 years, I have never known us to have a manager on whom there was such a split of opinions.

He was brought in and many questioned his credentials and we have every right to. This isn't just about the first 5 league games, its about his historical achievements and credentials. Going by your logic, let's just support the board also as they are here and we should back them until they leave. If Roy brings in titus brambel and plays him upfront, then let's support that too.

We as fans have always been logical and will not accept mediocre signings, be it for players, managers or an unfit board.

Roy is mediocre, his signings are mediocre, his tactics are mediocre, his aspirations are mediocre. You want to support that then go for it, but I aint buying it.

He doesn't need our support, he needs a football manager 101 guide book. He is out of his depth and ultimately its down to the board who appointed him.

There is no track record with Roy to suggest that he can turn it around. At least the previous manager (whose name we are now supposedly not allowed to mention) had a track record both with us and his previous employers.

Oh well at least Roy is a nice man and the media like him!!

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: September 19, 2010, 07:28:03 pm »
to be fair we showed a bit of fight to come back from 2-0 down, a lot of teams would have mentally thrown in the towel 2 nil down at old trafford so that was a bit of a positive.
both of our losses have come at tough places too, losing at city and united is not the end of the world.

Offline berrno3333

• Taliban Arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Noodles i slipped",
« Reply #1210 on: September 19, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
What a load of rubbish! In all my time as a fan, that's over 25 years, I have never known us to have a manager on whom there was such a split of opinions.

He was brought in and many questioned his credentials and we have every right to. This isn't just about the first 5 league games, its about his historical achievements and credentials. Going by your logic, let's just support the board also as they are here and we should back them until they leave. If Roy brings in titus brambel and plays him upfront, then let's support that too.

We as fans have always been logical and will not accept mediocre signings, be it for players, managers or an unfit board.

Roy is mediocre, his signings are mediocre, his tactics are mediocre, his aspirations are mediocre. You want to support that then go for it, but I aint buying it.

He doesn't need our support, he needs a football manager 101 guide book. He is out of his depth and ultimately its down to the board who appointed him.

There is no track record with Roy to suggest that he can turn it around. At least the previous manager (whose name we are now supposedly not allowed to mention) had a track record both with us and his previous employers.

Oh well at least Roy is a nice man and the media like him!!
   Well said.
An arsehole of the first order and proud of it.                                                                                   Founder member of the Popular front of Judea

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: September 19, 2010, 07:29:03 pm »
Roy is just not a good enough manager for THIS Liverpool, or probably every Liverpool.

Konchensky is probably the worst left back I´ve ever seen. He managed to let almost everybody and your sister having a nice cross.

Carra is gradually loosing his power to compete on top level.

The system is very dated, almost every team dominated us and that won´t change too much.

There was a slight progress though, I am not sure if this is enough to bring us anywhere near 4th place, which will be crucial to keep Torres.

We ARE in a very dangerous position. I heard and read from  a lot of players that the atmosphere at Melwood and between the squad is wonderful now. Well, I don´t give a fuck.

Carra said that last year nobody liked us. Good. Now everybody likes us and Mr Alex Ferguson states he thought we´d get 10. Just choose what you like better.

Good job, whoever is responsible for the changes in summer. The were the worst possible choices. Congrats.

Sorry for that rant again, but it kind of eases the frustration, so just ignore it everybody.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:32:09 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1212 on: September 19, 2010, 07:29:31 pm »
to be fair we showed a bit of fight to come back from 2-0 down, a lot of teams would have mentally thrown in the towel 2 nil down at old trafford so that was a bit of a positive.
The likes of Spurs and City you mean? Those teams that we hope to beat to 4th place? Exactly. We're not as bad as people are making out.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: September 19, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »
Carragher

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: September 19, 2010, 07:30:37 pm »
Listening to Roys post march comments - he's fucking deluded

That's three managers in a row who have been deluded c*nts then.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1215 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:02 pm »
Win our next 2 games and it all will look rosy again
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1216 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:11 pm »
Carragher

Got beaten in the air by Berbatov for his hattrick. That's gotta hurt.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1217 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:26 pm »
I'm not criticizing Hodgson because he was brought in by this board - I'm only suggesting that he doesn't get the automatic support that I gave other managers because of it. That's not something I can explain, it's just my own personal feelings. I've personally been against many decisions that the board and the owners have taken. It would take something special for me to line up unquestioningly behind one of their decisions, because their track record is, frankly, shit.

Like I suggested, and you picked up on, Hodgson's football results on the pitch may take me from "uncomfortable observer of Hodgson's appointment" to "outright proponent of the Hodgson Way". So far, he's really given me little to suggest the change was for footballing reasons, that we got a superior manager in the footballing sense for the 11.5 million quid we spent to upgrade managers. But football's an afterthought.

Business wise, the direction is alarming. The squad is getting older in a hurry due to the age of his recruits and the age of the Rafa-era players that Hodgson has chosen to keep, and the money's running out. We'll have to replace Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Carra, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, and Aurelio within the next 3 years. Even Torres, Meireles and Johnson are the wrong side of 25. Even if this flock of players starts bringing in results, we're gonna be fucked soon. We don't have any Patos or Messis on our team. The youngest player who has a claim to the word "starter" is Lucas, and he's the most picked on member of this team, and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Insua is gone. Ayala is on loan. Mikel San Jose starts for Bilbao. Two kids were swapped for Konchesky. Nemeth is in Greece. The Riojas bought for 2015 are being popped without any thought to Best Drinking Date.

But getting back to Rafa - I disagree with your statement that "we" thought he should have gone for the jugular when he "settled" for something less. Rafa had the right approach - first become dead hard to beat, then worry about converting the draws into wins. Everyone bitched about the draws in 2008/2009 - well I'd give my left arsecheek for that many draws every season. Every season Baz. I would take that many draws every season. Let me say that again so that there is no confusion. I would take that many draws every league campaign.

You know why? Because Rafa had it right - with that many draws, and taking something like 14 points from top 4 teams (that's sick) we still had the most points that any second place team ever had. If we did that every year, we'd be within shouting distance of the title every season. Most of us just cannot wrap our limited intellect around the fact that it's not about one hand; it's about getting to the final table. Just because you create chances to see a flop, it doesn't mean you go all in every hand. It's a campaign. Fuck going for it every minute, instead be hard to beat and consistent. Take the points from home/away matchups against top opposition. That's it, djes. You don't need to go for broke against Stoke. Most times, Kuyt's opener counts, and Gerrard's shot goes in off the post. Meanwhile, you accumulate a war chest from Champions League revenue, and spend a percentage of it on a lot - a lot - of cheap, promising kids.

Instead, we did what Rafa always said not to do. We pushed harder than we should have in 2009/2010 when we didn't really have a chance at winning the hand, lost when it was obvious we weren't gonna win, took that as an indictment of Rafa and the whole fucking system, and then tilted madly. Victims of emotion. Pathetic really.

I can't speak for most people, Baz, but my discomfort with how we look now isn't about plucking random results and comparing them. It's about the entire tournament, indeed, the entire portfolio, not an isolated case by case comparison. Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged of Platini's jar. On any given day, Rafa's Rojas - a portfolio full of individual results that may look questionable in isolation - looked like something I'd put my money on. On any given day. You can't say that now. Would you fancy something out of an away trip to Inter Milan right now? Would you fuck. He'd fucking rip us to shreds, then look at his watch, the fat fuck.

Whether he bought Alonso for 10m or sold him for 30m, whether he bought Mascherano or sold Sissoko, whether Crouch fired blanks or became prolific for England, whether he swapped Josemi for Kromkamp (sp?) or Dudek for Reina, whether he played Gerrard on the right or off Torres, whether he "went for it" or "settled for a draw", whether he won in Istanbul or made 2 finals in 3 years, whether he stuck with Bellamy or bought Torres, on or off, whether his team conceded 4 to Arshavin or hit Chelsea for 4 at the Bridge - Rafa earned my respect, and my support because the longterm results were overwhelmingly positive. Random decisions and results mean nothing.

If Rafa were a fund, I'd invest in it. It looks like it would feature consistent performance, profits, and dividends - possibly boring, but those are usually stellart investments. I didn't disagree with any single individual thing Rafa did, especially not fucking subs or silly shit like "going for it" because I knew that over time, I was in the right hands. Day to day decisions may have indeed been random; but the long term results were on an upward trajectory. In his shittiest year, he came within minutes of a European final. That's long term results smoothed out for ya.

Unfortunately, some of us sound like folks who sold a longterm winner at the first sign of trouble, hopped onto a risky stock, and are now peering intently at the price over the last week, while alarm bells are ringing on the one year chart. "Oh it'll be alright, Rafa lost at Trafford too, it's not so bad," they say.

Wonderful post mate.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: September 19, 2010, 07:34:36 pm »
The biggest on-field concern, for me, is that we're playing a deep defensive set up and yet we look likely to conceed at any moment.  Under Rafa we conceeded 3 or more goals in the league 9 times (in 228 games), and never more than twice in a single season....we've already managed it twice in the five games we've played so far this season.  When you're set up defensively and yet still aren't getting clean sheets (or only getting them due to your world class keeper pulling off wonder saves), alarm bells start to ring. 

If Roy was trying to get us to play expansive attacking football, and we were struggling at the back it'd be understandable....but at the moment we barely look like scoring, and we never look like keeping a clean sheet.....worrying to say the least.

The other concern is with us letting in goals left, right and centre, Hodgson may try and get us to play even more defensively to try and shore things up!
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: September 19, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »
Got beaten in the air by Berbatov for his hattrick. That's gotta hurt.

Just wanted to write his name since we obviously can't have a thread to discuss his holy-cow status.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: September 19, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »
Just wanted to write his name since we obviously can't have a thread to discuss his holy-cow status.

If he wasn't scouse then he would have been dropped and discarded years ago.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1221 on: September 19, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »
Tatty bye Roy. You useless piece of shit.
:lmao

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1222 on: September 19, 2010, 07:40:21 pm »
El Camp, that is one fantastic fucking post! 

I thank you for that.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:23 pm »
It was a poor performance but the reality is had Kyriakos had played they'd have hardly created a chance in my opinion.  I felt last season that Kryiakos and Agger is aruably our best combination at centre half and I stand by that.  I'd still like to see Skrtel and Agger given a chance for an extended run of games but I don't hold out any hope of that happening.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:36 pm »

That entire post (I've highlighted my favourite part) is fucking genius El Camp.

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1225 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:56 pm »
Top post. I agree 100%. I don't see any progression on last year. Roy is leaving space out wide and packing the middle. It allowed the mancs to fire in some precision crossed that we couldn't deal with today.

Going forward, I don't see any flair, no element of surprise like we had with Luis or Benayoun. Roy's tactics with Torres are like asking a racehorse to pull a cart. Would love to be optimistic but can't see anything to be optimistic about.

I'm really struggling for optimism my self, on the pitch of course, off pitch I've got zero optimism!

Just don't see anything positive at all, leave Torres up there he'll pull something out of nothing. I know we should give him time but I'm really struggling after what we've seen so far.
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1226 on: September 19, 2010, 07:42:56 pm »

Classy.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1227 on: September 19, 2010, 07:42:57 pm »

Such wisdom Lenin/

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »
carragher and maxi really had it tough today. I don't know why people are like worrying...well yes, the fixture had come at the wrong time as we're already in a shit table position, but we actually played well, and berbatov was in form, that's all...but still, the way berbatov scored hatrick, it was so stupid and like...why why why???

And as for the previous comments... true, no atatcking flair besides joe cole... torres isn't bothered anymore.... he wont be here, ...man, we need new striker, and maxi just didnt do well.... and we gave cheap goals in today, very cheap..I mean Berbatov??? BERBATOV?!??!?!?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:45:30 pm by Snoopy29 »
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #1229 on: September 19, 2010, 07:45:40 pm »

I reckon we will be saying tatty bye to you before too long.

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #1230 on: September 19, 2010, 07:45:51 pm »
Went the game and our midfield was packed with nobody appearing to take on a defined role. Johnson looked poor today the new lad looked short of a full fitness and at teh end Torres looked utterly pissed off  and headed straighht for teh tunnel granted he looked happier during teh warm down.. Just seen old fucking bacon chops on teh Shite sport he's one arrogant bell ringer..
Keeping the faith

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #1231 on: September 19, 2010, 07:47:48 pm »
Don't see it being all down to Roy. Some of the team need to pull their sock up and get stuck in..
Keeping the faith

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1232 on: September 19, 2010, 07:47:55 pm »
we had 4 new players playing today, konchesky, meireles, cole and poulsen. considering theyve never played together i thought a valliant result like this was okay. im far from happy though. another new player in jovanovic, also came on and was largely disappointing.

but i think the side needs time to gel properly. apart from konchesky the others showed signs of quality.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1233 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »
what does Agger have to do to get a league game ahead of Skrtel or even Carragher??  He's 10-times the CB than any of those 2.  But hey,let's stick him at LB instead.

He has to twat the ball as hard and far as he can whenever its at his feet, if his quotes are to be believed

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1234 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:53 pm »

You know why? Because Rafa had it right - with that many draws, and taking something like 14 points from top 4 teams (that's sick) we still had the most points that any second place team ever had. If we did that every year, we'd be within shouting distance of the title every season. Most of us just cannot wrap our limited intellect around the fact that it's not about one hand; it's about getting to the final table. Just because you create chances to see a flop, it doesn't mean you go all in every hand. It's a campaign. Fuck going for it every minute, instead be hard to beat and consistent. Take the points from home/away matchups against top opposition. That's it, djes. You don't need to go for broke against Stoke. Most times, Kuyt's opener counts, and Gerrard's shot goes in off the post.

excellent post, agree with most of it, just not that bit about 2008-09; but here's probably not the place to go into it.  nice analogies though.

what's most concerning to me is that the players still wear that look of bemused frustration they wore all throughout last season, despite the change in manager, the new players, a new season... worrying.

at least mickey owen didn't score the winner today though...
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
« Reply #1235 on: September 19, 2010, 07:49:34 pm »

they didn't even play you div
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline Jorgen

• Kopite

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1237 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:43 pm »
we had 4 new players playing today, konchesky, meireles, cole and poulsen. considering theyve never played together i thought a valliant result like this was okay. im far from happy though. another new player in jovanovic, also came on and was largely disappointing.

but i think the side needs time to gel properly. apart from konchesky the others showed signs of quality.
;D

PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #1238 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:50 pm »

they didn't even play you div
Seriously?

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #1239 on: September 19, 2010, 07:52:07 pm »

Oh dear.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.