Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232460 times)

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #760 on: May 14, 2019, 06:20:10 pm »
Some sort of friendly during next seasons winter break perhaps?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: May 14, 2019, 06:28:46 pm »
Have I missed something??

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #762 on: May 14, 2019, 06:36:02 pm »
We proposed playing a couple friendlies out there to prepare us for future games in a similar climate to theirs. They knocked us back though!

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #763 on: May 14, 2019, 06:36:20 pm »
Apparently

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #764 on: May 14, 2019, 07:12:53 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y-XHMlaJL-s&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y-XHMlaJL-s&amp;</a>

Fucks sake lads, just win the fucking thing.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #765 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:31 pm »
Anyone heard about about fan zones in Madrid yet?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #766 on: May 14, 2019, 07:34:49 pm »
Any of the more tactically astute out there able to do a write up of what challenge this Spurs team poses?

Ta

Cockney

Shitehawk     flat-cap     Stabbing       Tory

Dave          Accent          Sweaty    Poncey

Gobshite          c*nts

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #767 on: May 14, 2019, 08:06:54 pm »
                           Cockney

Gobshite          c*nts

Who are the subs?
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2019, 08:10:14 pm »
Nervous as hell already!

any idea if we plan to arrange a friendly (behind closed doors) to keep up the match fitness?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: May 14, 2019, 08:10:58 pm »
Nervous as hell already!

any idea if we plan to arrange a friendly (behind closed doors) to keep up the match fitness?

No, nothing confirmed by the club.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: May 14, 2019, 09:28:54 pm »
How the hell is everyone passing the time now the season's over. 

I'm bored fucking shitless!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #771 on: May 14, 2019, 09:47:31 pm »
Fuck sake let’s just play it tomorrow!
Can’t wait

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:30 pm »
How the hell is everyone passing the time now the season's over. 

I'm bored fucking shitless!!

Going insane myself.

Feels like an eternity.

On another note, since the last final, we've learned to manage games much better, we've learned how to win in various ways, we've improved our ability to slow things when need be, speed up the tempo of the game among  many other things so hopefully all of that comes into fruition and we win it this time around

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #773 on: May 14, 2019, 11:01:54 pm »
Just beat these plastic knobbos
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:54 pm »
we will do this. Sadio to score twice with a no look goal from Bobby. 3-0
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: May 14, 2019, 11:08:48 pm »
we will do this. Sadio to score twice with a no look goal from Bobby. 3-0

Salah will score, he'll be fired up for this!

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #776 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:39 am »
Spurs will this fancy after knocking out City/Ajax the way they did, they’ll feel like their name is on the trophy..

An early goal and well cruise through imo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: May 15, 2019, 02:11:46 am »
Spurs will this fancy after knocking out City/Ajax the way they did, they’ll feel like their name is on the trophy..

We don't cruise in finals.  :D

They'll be confident but so will we

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: May 15, 2019, 03:59:09 am »
Just been listening to Talksport and they had an asian correspondent talking about the final and how it effects Muslim players.

Basically, due to Ramadan, the likes of Salah, Mane and Sissoko won’t be able to eat until the 44th minute of the match.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #779 on: May 15, 2019, 04:07:01 am »
Just been listening to Talksport and they had an asian correspondent talking about the final and how it effects Muslim players.

Basically, due to Ramadan, the likes of Salah, Mane and Sissoko won’t be able to eat until the 44th minute of the match.
That 'asian' correspondent obviously hasn't done his homework then.

It was only 12 months ago in the last CL final when all this hysteria about players fasting and fainting cropped up.

And our Mo set the record straight by saying that he won't be fasting on the final (and leading up to it?) cos he was outside his home country so fasting is not mandatory then. Or something along those lines.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #780 on: May 15, 2019, 05:43:55 am »
That 'asian' correspondent obviously hasn't done his homework then.

It was only 12 months ago in the last CL final when all this hysteria about players fasting and fainting cropped up.

And our Mo set the record straight by saying that he won't be fasting on the final (and leading up to it?) cos he was outside his home country so fasting is not mandatory then. Or something along those lines.

I'll answer that, for Salah, Mane, Keita and Shaqiri...

During the Ramadan month, the muslim football players are allowed to NOT FASTING under
"physical ability concern -  strenuous WORK which a person cannot forsake during the fasting hours of
Ramadan due to his needs or those of his dependents (example, contractors in construction, firemen under heavy work and so on)".

+ The requirements for the muslims not to fast (10-12 hours during Ramadan):

- A person must not suffer from an illness that causes extreme hardships during his fast, nor old age that makes a person tantamount to an ill person who cannot fast, or a traveler since traveling is presumably a difficult undertaking.

- Reference / axiom: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH - peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Travel is a portion of torment; it denies you your food, drink, and sleep" (recorded by Bukhari).

+ Extra Info:

- Fasting during the month of Ramadan is an obligatory duty on all healthy adults except those who are sick, elderly or travelling or women in their period or undergoing post-natal period.

- The duration of fasting extends from dawn to dusk. So, you cannot break your fast as you choose based on the standard times of Madrid if you are living elsewhere. Means the obligatory duration of fasting extends from Madrid's dawn to dusk.

:D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:28:11 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: May 15, 2019, 06:14:26 am »
Sorry if it has been posted before.

+ "Spurs injury update & Champions League final"

Tottenham have injury concerns over Jan Vertonghen (ankle), Harry Winks (groin) and Harry Kane (ankle)
ahead of the Champions League final on June 1.

Mauricio Pochettino has allayed Spurs fans' fears over the trio, however, saying he is expecting to have a fully fit
squad to choose from in Madrid.

"It's the last league game of the season but there’s a lot of time for him to come back," said Pochettino.

"I hope to have all the squad available but if someone is not available then it’s about the team."

- https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/05/spurs-injury-update-champions-league-final-ref-confirmed-tuesdays-liverpool-fc-news-roundup/
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #782 on: May 15, 2019, 06:31:53 am »

- Fasting during the month of Ramadan is an obligatory duty on all healthy adults except those who are sick, elderly or travelling or women in their period or undergoing post-natal period.

that's basically what I said.

Last season Mo said he wasn't obligated to fast because he was travelling/away from the UK etc.

So nothing to worry about.

Typical shite media like talksport to whip up a frenzy of unnecessary worry and anxiety in fans!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: May 15, 2019, 06:36:56 am »
Going insane myself.

Feels like an eternity.

On another note, since the last final, we've learned to manage games much better, we've learned how to win in various ways, we've improved our ability to slow things when need be, speed up the tempo of the game among  many other things so hopefully all of that comes into fruition and we win it this time around
Yeah the players have sorted their shit out but its killing me.

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: May 15, 2019, 06:41:40 am »
that's basically what I said.

Last season Mo said he wasn't obligated to fast because he was travelling/away from the UK etc.

So nothing to worry about.

Typical shite media like talksport to whip up a frenzy of unnecessary worry and anxiety in fans!

They are official radio station and the Global Audio Partner of the Premier League. Wait... They are not doing their homework before going LIVE?
They can even get the info about fasting freely at WIKIPEDIA for God sake. Haha!! Lazy cows... Just Wiki it!!  ;D

p/s: I don't know that Shaqiri is a muslim too till today.

- https://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/7-premier-league-superstars-you-never-knew-were-muslims

+ Quote:

Xherdan Shaqiri is among very few practising Muslims who still celebrate Christmas due to his family. However, this doesn't stop the Switzerland international from fulfilling his duties as a Muslim.

Shaqiri when being asked about Christmas:  "I'm a Muslim, so we don't celebrate it so much, but my little sister loves to have a Christmas tree, so we always get one of those", the forward said.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: May 15, 2019, 08:56:21 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y-XHMlaJL-s&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y-XHMlaJL-s&amp;</a>

That save by Ali in the home game against Napoli! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #786 on: May 15, 2019, 09:18:42 am »
                           Cockney

Gobshite          c*nts

finally an answer!
Guessing c*nts will drop into mid and Poncey will try and target Trent
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: May 15, 2019, 09:26:49 am »

Fucking hell. Hard enough to get through the next couple of weeks without this sort of thing!  ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: May 15, 2019, 09:29:23 am »

they scraped through the last two rounds thanks to away goals, and two hideously late goals where one was disallowed (for City).

We just battered Barcelona 4 fucking Nil after cruising past Porto for the second season running and kicking Bayern in the nuts.

By the time the final rolls around their "best" player wont have kicked a competitive ball in almost two months.

We'll see who's fucking name is on this trophy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #789 on: May 15, 2019, 09:34:59 am »
I hope the occasion gets to them. We must show our experience and be calm, cool and collected, but knowing us it will be one for the history books :D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2019, 09:45:21 am »
I hope the occasion gets to them. We must show our experience and be calm, cool and collected, but knowing us it will be one for the history books :D

Agreed.  They will either rise to the occasion because they have nothing to lose, or fold because they have nothing to lose. 

I think we'll beat them on game management.  We're both physically athletic sides but in their eagerness for a result they may blow themselves out by 70 minutes.  That's where our experience will hopefully tell.  I think we have a stronger bench too.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: May 15, 2019, 09:57:59 am »

We're a pretty calm team these days. Aside from the madness of Ramos/Salah and Karius's, ahem, moment there was definitely a sense at 1-1 that the occasion got the better of us and Madrid were well on top when Bale scored his worldie. I expect us to dominate posession in the way madrid did prior to that goal. Fabinho has to be a starter for that reason.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: May 15, 2019, 11:26:11 am »
I feel comfortable about this. As has been said, I don't fear Spurs, I fear the concept of losing to Spurs in a final.

• They have had quite a bit of luck to get to the final, whereas if anything we were unlucky to only beat Barcelona 4-3 on agg (we were superior in the Nou Camp).
  • They haven't even played in a domestic final recently - their biggest night in recent history was the semi-final. Whereas we have the experience of last year, which is really significant both in terms of motivation and know-how.
  • We lost last year, but to a completely seasoned team of CL winners featuring at least 3 or 4 of the best 20 players in the world (Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos, Modric). And even then we had some bad luck contributing (Salah, Karius)

My one concern is the ridiculous 3 week gap. It no doubt suits them more than us and had the match been this weekend it would have been a walk-over. The only players we get back from the gap are Firmino and perhaps Keita, whereas they will have Kane back plus rest for what has looked like a really tired squad in general. We can argue that Gomez and AOC will be "more available" in 3 weeks but barring injuries the starting 11 should be:

Allisson
TAA    Matip       VVD      Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah    Firmino     Mane

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: May 15, 2019, 11:41:48 am »
I honestly don't think the break does Spurs any favours compared to us. That's 3 weeks for them to worry about us, about whether Kane will be fit, and consider the enormity of their challenge.

For us, it will be a Saturday match against Spurs. With our players recovered from knocks and well rested, and deciding the best way to win a big game on a big stage. It's not quite "Just another day in the office" for us, but it will be compared to Spurs.

Our biggest enemy is complacency  - but we have Jurgen for that.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #794 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:05 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:52 pm »
Interesting fact -

If we score first against Spurs, whoever scores that goal will be putting us ahead in a European Cup Final for the first time since Phil Neal in 1984 (with the obvious exception of the two penalty shootouts.)

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
« Reply #796 on: May 15, 2019, 01:47:04 pm »
Interesting fact -

If we score first against Spurs, whoever scores that goal will be putting us ahead in a European Cup Final for the first time since Phil Neal in 1984 (with the obvious exception of the two penalty shootouts.)

Was thinking this the other day - anyone under the age of 40 would never have seen us be ahead in a European Cup Final, despite winning one in recent memory.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #797 on: May 15, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »
Not 1 of the finals we’ve been in has been easy. I mean you don’t expect it to be but out of 7 so far you’d think at least 1 the cigars would be out on 75 mins

Another heart stopping night in store lads. I just want to relax, I’ve been eating my hands since August ! ;D
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #798 on: May 15, 2019, 01:55:59 pm »
yea not sure about the long gap suiting them more  ???

will be a welcome break for both teams.
granted they may need it more but doesn't change the fact that our players will be getting the same amount of rest and recovery

also, they have been on shit form for months really. does the longer gap change that? or the fact its a final? if thats what they're counting on then i'm glad i'm sat in our corner having won a lot of games recently and a memory of THAT final last year to stew on and hopefully use to go into this one all guns blazing
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:26 pm »
Not 1 of the finals we’ve been in has been easy. I mean you don’t expect it to be but out of 7 so far you’d think at least 1 the cigars would be out on 75 mins

Another heart stopping night in store lads. I just want to relax, I’ve been eating my hands since August ! ;D

Yup, as a Liverpool supporter, I expect heart testing moments in every game. Particularly finals