Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109271 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1040 on: April 5, 2018, 12:51:57 pm »
I'm a tad hungover this morning.  The dental hygienist wasn't too impressed! 

Almost the same for me. My proctologist wasn't too impressed.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1041 on: April 5, 2018, 12:53:00 pm »
Blimey. What a photo!

We are Liverpool!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1042 on: April 5, 2018, 12:53:02 pm »
Was great to have been there last night, hard to remember a better atmosphere in the Kenny Stand (Centenary/Kemlyn).

I admit I wasn't sure about young Trent at all, but fair play he shows what a talent he is and will be for many years, him and Robbo will play many games for us.
The big man in the middle showed why we paid that money, the difference he alone has made to our defence is massive, fair play to the manager and club to have the patience to bring him here.

Special praise for Milner, always gives his best and last night was one of his better games for us, a truly underrated player.

Karius seems to be growing too. All in all many positives.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1043 on: April 5, 2018, 12:55:34 pm »
Was great to have been there last night, hard to remember a better atmosphere in the Kenny Stand (Centenary/Kemlyn).

I admit I wasn't sure about young Trent at all, but fair play he shows what a talent he is and will be for many years, him and Robbo will play many games for us.
The big man in the middle showed why we paid that money, the difference he alone has made to our defence is massive, fair play to the manager and club to have the patience to bring him here.

Special praise for Milner, always gives his best and last night was one of his better games for us, a truly underrated player.

Karius seems to be growing too. All in all many positives.

I think Milner is a player that will become more fondly remembered when he retires and the years pass. The quality, longevity, versatility and work rate make him one of the better English players this century in my opinion, but he doesn't get much credit.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: April 5, 2018, 12:58:35 pm »
Every single one of those players played out of their skin. amazing every single one of them. I don't remember one single mistake.

Klopp had his tactics absolutely spot on, and I loved how the crowd got behind the defensive tactics just as much as the attacking side in the first half. every ball we won, tackle we made,  everything got a cheer, a sing and a clap. fucking beautiful it was. by far the best atmosphere i have experienced. it wasn't an angry atmsphere, it was a joyful, fun, exciting and playful one. loved it!
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: April 5, 2018, 01:02:48 pm »
What a fucking night.

Me and my mate got there about an hour to kick off and it was as busy as if it was the actual kick off time outside the ground. Got in, some quick food then to my seat in upper Main Stand.

Was a bit worried at first as some of the people around me never got into the allez alllez chants during the warm up but I think from about 7:30 onwards it was just non stop noise and intimidation. The City fans hardly made a peep.

City started really well and I thought it was going to be a nervy, scrappy affair (which it was in the second half) but like in the league game we had about ten minutes where we just blew them away. It was quite crazy to see a team so used to being control all season, with a manager who thrives in big European ties just utterly she'll shocked and devoid of ideas. Guradiola kept applauding them and telling them to calm down but once Mane scored he sat down. Think his idea at 2-0 would always be to try and get one back then they would have a great chance next week even at 2-1 down.

I honestly think Pep would have been content to take 3-0 back at half time. In some ways half time really hindered us in addition to Salah going off - it really flattened us and Pep smelled blood by bringing on Sterling at that point. But City just lacked belief I think - that's where they showed their inexperience as a team other than Kompany and Silva, they are still a very raw team which is fine in the league but in moments like this they badly missed Aguero. You could tell Jesus was frustrated and Sane seemed to have a mental block where Trent beat him near enough every time.

It was just a fantastic first leg. To stop them scoring is one thing but to get enough goals to confidently go to the Etihad next week and not be afraid to concede one. I really hope Salah is fit because if he is then we score there too and there's not a chance they score 5 with Virgil in our defence.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #1046 on: April 5, 2018, 01:06:38 pm »
I'm no tactical expert but I was bemused why Guardiola didn't throw Zinchenko or Delph on in place of Laporte once Salah went off.

Just to get some support down that side for Sane, who clearly was getting nothing from Trent. Besides Sterling offering a bit more pace, which caused minimal issues he didn't really seem to even attempt a tactical change.

After the 20th time of:
  • Get it to Sane
  • Run at Trent
  • Lose ball

I thought he was going to mix things up a bit, but nothing. Not that I'm complaining. Thanks Pep.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: April 5, 2018, 01:14:53 pm »
I think Milner is a player that will become more fondly remembered when he retires and the years pass. The quality, longevity, versatility and work rate make him one of the better English players this century in my opinion, but he doesn't get much credit.

Players like him are exactly the type that end up being cult heroes at a club like LFC. He's a hard working, honest, tough as nails pro who has a lot more talent than he's given credit for. He does the simple things ever so well and has an excellent attitude. There have been plenty of players like that over the years, and you always need 1-2 in any top squad around the more flashy players. Lucas, Skrtel, Kuyt, Finnan, Hamann, Carragher are all examples of players who played at a very consistent level but were top professionals with a never say die attitude for the club. They perhaps had some weaknesses or rough areas to their game but nevertheless they were much better players than perhaps considered. I suspect Milner is very much in that category, and in time, Henderson will probably be in that group as well.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: April 5, 2018, 01:16:52 pm »
Yeah, it shouldn't have happened but people are focusing way too much on it.

It was an outrage and an embarrassment for the club. In what world do you think they would not focus on it?

BBC has the bus as the top story, above the match itself, predictably.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1049 on: April 5, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »

Absolutely. Doesn't have a new haircut every week, no instagram posting of new cars or girlfriends, doesn't get involved with player power or football politics.

Everyone knows a 'Milner' and they are normally the most popular person in the office.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #1050 on: April 5, 2018, 01:20:45 pm »
Quite a good analysis of the things that happened in the game:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/05/33-things-explain-liverpools-remarkable-331-win-man-city/
I know its the telegraph - but there are some good positional pictures and interpretations.

Liked the quote about our fullbacks:
Between them, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson cost a total £8m. City's full-backs cost £102m.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1051 on: April 5, 2018, 01:24:10 pm »
From a tactical point of view Pep's over zealous approach targeting Trent backfired big time with the lack of overlap/support from Laporte throughout because of Salah simply being on the pitch.
We all know how Walker likes to advance/go awol & it was clear this was something JK exposed..the Mane/Robbo combo with support from Milner really is something.

https://soccer.10ztalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/1522876982_297_liverpool-3-man-city-0-first-half-super-show-leaves-Jurgen-klopps-side-in-control-of-champions-league-quarter-final.jpg

Fuck knows why pics wont embed.

« Last Edit: April 5, 2018, 01:40:57 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1052 on: April 5, 2018, 01:24:18 pm »
The 8m for Robertson and Salah are the best buys, £ for £, that I can think of for a very long time.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: April 5, 2018, 01:25:05 pm »
Lampard looked like he enjoyed Ox's goal. 😂

https://youtu.be/qiriytwC9GY

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: April 5, 2018, 01:25:40 pm »
The 8m for Robertson and Salah are the best buys, £ for £, that I can think of for a very long time.

Easily, both have been huge bargains.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: April 5, 2018, 01:26:43 pm »
https://soccer.10ztalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/1522876982_297_liverpool-3-man-city-0-first-half-super-show-leaves-Jürgen-klopps-side-in-control-of-champions-league-quarter-final.jpg

Fuck knows why pics wont embed.

The forum auto-corrects Klopp's first name to include the umlaut over the u, which usually breaks the link.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: April 5, 2018, 01:27:15 pm »
Marca on #LFC: "Anfield is unique. The climate, atmosphere, the air that is breathed in stands returned to roar as in the great nights. History does not win games, or titles, but let no one forget that the one who has 5 European Cups wears red & destroyed the blue petrodollars."

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: April 5, 2018, 01:27:43 pm »
It was an outrage and an embarrassment for the club. In what world do you think they would not focus on it?

The reaction's been pretty OTT for me. I mean sure, it absolutely categorically should never have happened and those responsible (if they can be identified) should be suitably dealt with, but the coach was not "destroyed" as I've seen it written. Indeed, the BBC having it as the main story rather than the fact we stuffed City 3-0 is quite frankly bizarre in my opinion as it was not the main story of the evening.

The narrative seems to be getting nudged away from the defeat of City into more of a 'Liverpool FC need to be punished' one in some quarters, which is disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1058 on: April 5, 2018, 01:28:52 pm »
I was gutted about this coach carry on this morning, not that it overshadowed the night but it gives them open opportunity to hit us with a stick........then I stupidly logged onto Blue Moon to see what they were saying!  :o

Kick us out of the CL, postpone the match, bus destroyed, some of them hoping our fans get filled in next Tuesday. Absolute gobshites, massive over-reaction.  :no
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1059 on: April 5, 2018, 01:29:19 pm »
I'm no tactical expert but I was bemused why Guardiola didn't throw Zinchenko or Delph on in place of Laporte once Salah went off.

Just to get some support down that side for Sane, who clearly was getting nothing from Trent. Besides Sterling offering a bit more pace, which caused minimal issues he didn't really seem to even attempt a tactical change.

After the 20th time of:
  • Get it to Sane
  • Run at Trent
  • Lose ball

Because like Mourinho, he is actually devoid of ideas if he does not have the best players at his expense, although he is definitely more likeable than Mourinnho.

Pep's best achievements coincided with the peak in form of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, David Villa, Mascherano, Dani Alves. These are world best XI not just La Liga's best XI.

I give him credit for improving players but let's not forget Sterling, Sane, Silva are players held in high regard before Pep turned up. Let's compare like for like, could Pep have improved Sane at the rate that Klopp improved and improvised Firmino? Not a chance.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: April 5, 2018, 01:29:45 pm »
The reaction's been pretty OTT for me. I mean sure, it absolutely categorically should never have happened and those responsible (if they can be identified) should be suitably dealt with, but the coach was not "destroyed" as I've seen it written. Indeed, the BBC having it as the main story rather than the fact we stuffed City 3-0 is quite frankly bizarre in my opinion as it was not the main story of the evening.

The narrative seems to be getting nudged away from the defeat of City into more of a 'Liverpool FC need to be punished' one in some quarters, which is disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

Liverpool won't be punished for anything anyway, the media will move on to something else soon enough.

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #1061 on: April 5, 2018, 01:29:56 pm »
Tired of hearing about the bloody bus and the 'attack' by our fans. A few idiots throwing glass bottles should not overshadow the great support of thousands, nevermind the superb performance put on display by the men in red. The idea was to greet the Liverpool players and give them much needed support, rather than 'ambush' the City bus - as has been the underlying tone in the media.
You really are naive if you think that was what was intended, after all,why stay after our coach has gone?
« Last Edit: April 5, 2018, 01:31:45 pm by sempi »

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: April 5, 2018, 01:31:19 pm »
Of course Sky are all over the bus story, but that's mainly because they don't have the coverage anymore so their agenda is different

Magnificent from the lads last night, not a single performance that didn't match the occasion, perfect
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: April 5, 2018, 01:31:58 pm »
Even De Brunye has said he wasn't arsed about the coach thing. No one was hurt, the richest club in the world might need a glazier for the afternoon. Not condoning smashing anything but then at the same time there's something a bit disingenuous about it all for me. Didn't they say it was 'undriveable' and then they still went home in it? Think more of it's being made than neccessary to make us look bad/try and stop us doing it again. Also is there any footage of when this catastrophic damage happened? Not seen any yet [happy to be corrected] which is unusual in this day and age.

The bus was deemed unusable and replaced for their return home. I think your complaint that this is being exaggerated to make us look bad is laughable. The twats lobbing bottles HAVE made us look bad and forced Klopp to make a public apology on behalf of the club.

In the now locked thread about the bus greeting I commented that missiles will get thrown and got roundly shut down, but look at the Villareal greeting - it was the same then (on youtube), except the bottles and cans didn't break any windows that time.

One bottle thrown is one too many.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: April 5, 2018, 01:34:39 pm »
Because like Mourinho, he is actually devoid of ideas if he does not have the best players at his expense, although he is definitely more likeable than Mourinnho.

Pep's best achievements coincided with the peak in form of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, David Villa, Mascherano, Dani Alves. These are world best XI not just La Liga's best XI.

I give him credit for improving players but let's not forget Sterling, Sane, Silva are players held in high regard before Pep turned up. Let's compare like for like, could Pep have improved Sane at the rate that Klopp improved and improvised Firmino? Not a chance.

I know we’re all excited about the win yesterday but this is a bit ridiculous

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: April 5, 2018, 01:34:48 pm »
Anyone fancy copying and pasting the article from this? Behind the paywall for me due to using free article:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/05/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-perfect-pair-just-getting-started/

Just can't stop reading, thinking, talking, salivating about last night

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: April 5, 2018, 01:38:58 pm »
Is there any chance of any UEFA investigation?
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: April 5, 2018, 01:39:38 pm »

No, they don't have any jurisdiction outside of the stadium.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #1068 on: April 5, 2018, 01:40:12 pm »
The ones throwing those things at the bus should be dealt with in the correct manner, but what vile and ludicrous things I've seen being written on bluemoon is absolutely shocking.

Money might buy a lot of things, but it certainly doesn't buy European Royalty.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: April 5, 2018, 01:40:49 pm »
It's hard to think how any individual player could improve on that performance. Klopp said before the game city weren't perfect and that was impossible but last night I think pretty much every single one of our lads was bloody close to perfect. The only blemish was Hendo's yellow maybe. It was a game of two halves, but when both sections of the team were tested - defence/attack - no one was found wanting. Were devastating up top in the first half, measured and calm defensively in the second. The fans were outstanding. Drink this performance in, boys and girls, it's about as near to perfect as you'll get.

We did lose energy once Salah went off, and I was worrying a bit about the strength and energy in our midfield. Then I remebered that Keita will be with us next season. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: April 5, 2018, 01:42:42 pm »

Didn't happen inside the ground, so they have no power the twat's.  ;D

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: April 5, 2018, 01:44:06 pm »
Anyone fancy copying and pasting the article from this? Behind the paywall for me due to using free article:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/05/Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-perfect-pair-just-getting-started/

Just can't stop reading, thinking, talking, salivating about last night

It was an evening to underline why Liverpool chose so well with Jurgen Klopp.

It was also an evening to underline why Jurgen Klopp chose so well with Liverpool.

With Klopp and Liverpool we witness emotional volatility blended with immense talent, harnessed to such potency even the most luminous opponent is dimmed.

The manner of victory over Manchester City was what The Kop fantasised when Klopp was lured from holiday 30 months ago, why supporters were tracking his flight path from Germany and – in their own minds – lining the streets of Anfield as his vehicle made its first passage through the Shankly Gates.

Admirers often ask what is Liverpool’s secret. How is it they – certainly more than any club in England – are able to regularly generate such nights, even during relatively barren periods of their history?

Liverpool thrives when there is synergy between the manager and The Kop, and when the ghosts of the past are deployed to terrorise the opponent rather undermine the hosts. The man in charge has to be more than a tactician.

He must respect nostalgia with a modern twist; he must be the embodiment of the values of the supporters in order to galvanise them, to make them trust, listen and believe every proclamation worthy of inclusion on the next banner.

Here is a case in point. It is hard to imagine another club, certainly in this country, where the fanbase is so fascinated by the liberal leanings of their coach.

When Klopp expressed his views on Brexit to Telegraph Sport last week, it felt as reassuring to the local fans as when he finally completed the signing of Virgil Van Dijk.

Are fans of Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City so besotted with the political allegiance of their manager? It is another of those Anfield idiosyncrasies in a city where football can be a vehicle for radical expression. With respect to my own employers, no Tory can sit comfortably in the Anfield dug-out (or certainly no-one admitting to be such).

Klopp’s attitudes and success energising Borussia Dortmund made him the perfect fit and he obviously presumed Anfield would be this way. Although it is doubtful he will ever admit it publicly, there must have been some concerns in those early months.

The stadium was going through a period of sedation when he made his first appearance against Southampton in October, 2015 and it is often still too quiet for mid-table visitors. The manager has regularly felt compelled to demand more.

The Europa League run of 2016 brought reassurance. Klopp said the scenes around the comeback against Dortmund that season eclipsed anything he had experienced in Germany.

“Wait until you get this team in the Champions League knockout stage then,” was the response.

He was correct to be moderate in his post-match appraisal after the City win – there is still much to be done - but should his side complete the job he will have another meaningful reference point for future fixtures on this scale.

Moreover, Klopp will reflect on the impact of Anfield and feel his instinct validated when spurning others and waiting for Liverpool to come after his brief break from the game.

Liverpool is a major club like no other. There is pressure, but no time-scale for success. When some commentators randomly spurt out banalities like ‘he has done well, but he must win a trophy’ they presume the manager has been set an imposing deadline that does not exist.

This is because at any other grand institution worthy of Klopp’s wisdom – Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich – the idea you could go three years without a trophy and still have boardroom and fans desperate to ensure you hang around for another four is inconceivable.

Klopp will go another season without the Premier League title, but there is perspective and recognition for how far he has taken the team rather than question marks against his ability to eventually deliver it.
The Kop waves flags
Anfield was in full voice for the visit of Manchester City on Wednesday Credit: GETTY IMAGES

Should Liverpool win the Champions League, despite the considerable investment in the team and plentiful resources at Klopp’s disposal, it will still be perceived as defying the odds against superpowers more established and accustomed to recent success.

Where else in world football could Klopp have this? Especially when he looks at Antonio Conte, on the verge of losing his job a year after winning the title. Or Jose Mourinho, admired but broadly unloved even in his own arena(s). No wonder many of the Liverpool’s manager’s peers feel envy for the patience and support afforded.

There is a lingering suspicion that Bayern have not given up on Klopp. That they are yet to confirm who will be in charge at The Allianz Arena next season because they have privately been sending feelers in the Liverpool manager’s direction to such extent his own representative issued what could be interpreted as the kind of ‘we’re flattered, it’s not the right time, but keep in touch’ message once sent to Fenway Sports Group before Brendan Rodgers was appointed.

Mercifully for Liverpool, Klopp has reassured it will be a while longer before German fans are scrutinising the trajectory of his flight home.

The most thrilling aspect of Liverpool’s win last night was not simply the demonstration of how far Klopp has already led his club, but the feeling there is so much further to go.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: April 5, 2018, 01:44:47 pm »
Didn't happen inside the ground, so they have no power the twat's.  ;D

Article 16 Order and security at UEFA competition matches
1 Host clubs and national associations are responsible for order and security both inside and around the stadium before, during and after matches. They are liable for incidents of any kind and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives unless they can prove that they have not been negligent in any way in the organisation of the match.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1073 on: April 5, 2018, 01:44:58 pm »
We did lose energy once Salah went off, and I was worrying a bit about the strength and energy in our midfield. Then I remebered that Keita will be with us next season. :)

We still had energy, thought the subs did well on that front. Definitely lost a lot of threat on the counter though. Think there was another goal in it for us otherwise, not that I can quibble with 3-0!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: April 5, 2018, 01:45:16 pm »
Anyone else finding it impossible to pick a MotM

All 11 starters were bloody brilliant, not a single weak link in there.

This is how it should be, a team game.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1075 on: April 5, 2018, 01:45:40 pm »
I actually hope there's a slap on the wrist punishment of some sort to draw a line under it...

or it will keep on bubbling on if we ever do anything of the sort again (which we will - bus greeting not bottle-throwing hopefully  ;D )

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: April 5, 2018, 01:47:19 pm »
1 Host clubs and national associations are responsible for order and security both inside and around the stadium before, during and after matches. They are liable for incidents of any kind and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives unless they can prove that they have not been negligent in any way in the organisation of the match.

I doubt they'll do much about a few bottles being thrown, if someone had been seriously injured then it would probably be different.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #1077 on: April 5, 2018, 01:49:12 pm »
Still buzzing from last night. Allez allez allez is inbedded in my mind at the moment. Last night proved why European nights at Anfield are so so special.

Still a job to do next week, but everybody should be very proud of what we done last night.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: April 5, 2018, 01:49:14 pm »

Stopped looking at the bbc site a while back, they have turned to sensationalist bollocks for most of the time now, it's all about getting the clicks nowadays and even they can't turn away from that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: April 5, 2018, 01:49:16 pm »

Key word there mate, it wasn't directly outside the stadium.  :P