Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109313 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« on: April 4, 2018, 05:47:30 pm »
Jasper was right, but that means we have to be prepared for all outcomes.

When we move this to the post match thread, there may be feelings of jubilation, stoicism or (more likely in a post match thread) unrestrained anger.  Of course these feelings are all valid and all are just, but they aren’t all as important as each other. Let me explain.

Whilst too often we erroneously attribute quotations to Shakespeare, Churchill or the King James Bible, it is less frequent that quotations are incorrectly attributed to Drake.  Less frequent still that quotations from Jasper in the Simpsons are attributed to Drake.

His immortal words, ‘Moon pie - what a time to be alive’ have become somewhat twisted over the years and if I’m honest, m not so interested in the Moon pie, and I’m more interested in the rest of the sentence.

‘What a time to be alive’.   Indeed it is, because as European royalty this was once our daily bread, and forgive us our excesses, because we forgot how wonderful it tasted. 

My first real memories of European football were formed in the 91/92 season.  A 2-0 away defeat at Guy Roux’s Auxerre was over turned in a furious anfield atmosphere. It throbbed at pulsed and Auxerre wilted under the pressure of the passion we showed.
And I was hooked.  Leaving the stadium the adrenaline courses through my veins for hours to come.  European football the drug of my choice (once I had kicked the branston pickle habit) and I couldn’t get enough. But the joy and passion was to be short lived.  We got knocked out 4-1 on aggregate in the quarter finals.  Genoa were our conquerers, led by the huge frame of the Czech  journey man Tomáš Skuhravy. Losing the away leg 2-0 we then limped out losing 2-1 at home.
Forlorn and dejected after losing  and failing to reach the heights of Auxerre again, this was a bitter pill to swallow.

But swallow I did, and whilst the anger at the way our challenge for the UEFA cup faded so quickly, the anger soon dissipated.

But the jubilation didn’t fade.
The passion didn’t fade.
Like an addict, my yearning for that high didn’t fade.

The 90s remained a fallow time for our European ambitions and the lesser tables of the UEFA cup and Cup winners cups were to be our stamping grounds.  But when the champions league returned the feeling was even more special. The peak of the high, the most spiritual of jubilation, the deepest of despair.

2001 brought a UEFA cup and 2005 brought big ears (again).  Two occasions where I wondered how I was gong to make it through the next five minutes alive, let alone the whole match and extra time. Each occasion was extraordinary, a feeling I’ve never had before, and sadly 2007 never quite felt like that, despite losing, it didn’t feel the same.  We should be doing this, yeah?  The depths weren’t as low, I’m sure the high wouldn’t have been.  It had grown comfortable, we had grown to accept it as the norm again.

And we know what came next..two cowboys set off a nuclear bomb in the heart of the club... and the years have passed...  And we have grown to remember the longing for victory. The hunger, the desire, the burning want for success.  The false dawn of 14/15 has gone and we’re back.  But this time we’re back with intention, the reds are back and we’re staying there.   Fuck your oil money, fuck your Barca fanboys and fuck your defeatist shite.  We’ve unleashed the uncontainable plasma at the heart of this club once more. We’ve unleashed the plasma of desire in 50,000+ fans.

So what a time to be alive eh? This match could end in any result, but what ever it is, we’ll be back.

So feel the jubilation my friends, feel it while it lasts and hold that flame in your hands and keep it alive. It’s more important than anything else.
This is what we live for, this is our drug let’s grab it while we can. Whatever the result we live for this feeling again and again and again, and when it ends? We will have no regrets.

See you on the other side.

T2O
« Last Edit: April 4, 2018, 08:19:46 pm by NYCRedsFan »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2018, 05:48:05 pm »

Date: Wednesday 4 April 2018

Kick-off: 19:45

Venue: Anfield, Liverpool, Merseyside, England

I was with you all on the start of this journey with the preview for the Hoffenheim games, so it is only right I am here for the end also. But first I figured I should brush off my preview writing cobwebs with these manc no marks before begging Tito Camara to let me have a crack at the final in Kiev against Barca!!

I'll be honest, I knew we would get City. I figured it would be in the Semi Finals but once I saw all the other English sides knocked out leaving just us, it was just inevitable - just as drawing their uglier big manc brother who has more 'hairitedge' in the Europa a couple seasons back.

So here we are - our first UEFA Champions League Quarter Final since the days of Rafa Benitez. And much like the start of our Rafa journey, this is starting to feel like our year a little bit. Even down to drawing the oil billionaire club that is dominating the league and being written off before a ball has been kicked. And that is just what some of our own are saying on twatter! There is an air of defeatism about things from a lot of our some. Some of it is legitimate - Guardiola is one of the best coaches in the history of the game in my opinion and this City team is loaded with quality. Some of it not though. I'd like to look at some of the latter but first some facts:-

1. We have only been eliminated at this stage 4/12 times in our history. A 66,7% record.
2. Against English sides in European knockout competition, we have advanced 5/8 times. A 63% record.
3. We have a 100% record against Manc sides in European knockout competition :D

But with the league all but wrapped up, they have a huge advantage as they can give this game their 100% focus
Sure. But that can also be a disadvantage too. In fact it is one of many reasons that Bayern fans believe they have struggled in Europe compared to the likes of the Spanish & English sides who tend to always have someone domestically pushing them to be their best until the very end. Bayern would have their season finished in March and would struggle to hit the intensity needed for the final stages in the European Cup to get the job done.

It can be hard for players to turn on and off that need to win. Often the side who goes into every side with a must win belief can maintain and even push it further as competitions go on. We set a pace and intensity level that most sides cannot live with. If City relax for even a second, they will be in trouble. We will come out of the blocks at a 100mph and they need to be ready for that. The moment they believe in any of their supposed advantages is the moment they become their disadvantages.

But being away in the second leg is a huge disadvantage.
As a general rule, I agree. But then that very quickly swings depending on the result in the first leg. It was an disadvantage for Sevilla until United failed to score. Then it was an advantage as they knew they could score and then United would be in trouble.

Pep's record in this situation in this competition isn't great either.
His Barca in 2010 had this advantage against Mourinho's Inter. Mourinho parked the bus and just gave Barca the ball back rather than have any possession themselves, then nabbed 3 goals on the counter. They couldn't make up the 2 goals at home.
It was again an advantage to him in 2011/12 against Chelsea, but having lost 1-0 at Stamford bridge it meant Chelsea just needed any goal in the Nou Camp and then they were up against it.
Then again in 2013/14 when his Bayern went to the Bernabeu and lost 1-0 to Ancelotti's Madrid. Then got done 4-0 at home in the second leg.
Same thing in 2014/15 where his Bayern lost the first leg at the Nou Camp 3-0 giving them too much to do in the second leg.
And again in 2015/16 when they lost the first leg 1-0 at Atletico, then went out on away goals with a 2-1 win back in Munich.

So home advantage in the second leg doesn't count for anything if you don't get a good result in the first leg to make use of it. With Pep's sides historically, when they lose the first leg away from home is when they have struggled to make best use of that home advantage and ended up out of the competition. So in many ways there is an advantage to them. But in another, there is no advantage at all as if we come out of the first leg with a a 0-0 (unlikely) or any sort of lead to hold onto, then picking them off on the counter back at theirs is a dream come true for this side. So we have nothing to fear.

Ederson is much better than Karius if we go to pens
Ederson career saved 5/23 penalties = 21,7% save rate.
Karius career saved 9/27 penalties = 33,33% save rate.

Karius was something of a penalty expert in his time in the Bundesliga, had the best save rate of all Bundesliga goalkeepers and was in the top 20 in terms of penalty save % in Europe at the time we signed him - the best of all Premier League goalkeepers. Ederson's save % wouldn't even get him into the top 100.

And it is not like he was facing those penalties from no marks either. His saves have come against  Kane, Muller, Huntelaar, Wagner, Reus (his only miss), Salihovic, Di Santo and Immobile. All forwards and first choice penalty takers at their clubs. Whereas City's only player with an above average record from the spot is Aguero I believe.

I have seen it said that his record in one off penalties doesn't matter too much because the pressure is different shoot outs. Nonsense! You want to see pressure, check out this from shootout in a favela in my state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Og-m2ysNsxY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Og-m2ysNsxY</a>

THAT is pressure. :D

Thanks to Capon and his legendary photoshopping skill for providing the banner for this thread.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2018, 05:48:45 pm »
Traditional Tactful Tactics Talk Time Topic with the Translating Twat

While the above is all well and good, we still need to beat this Manchester City side - perhaps the strongest side I have personally seen in the Premier League era. So the questions are:-
What do they do that is effective?
How do we stop that shit?
How do we hurt them?

What do they do that is effective?

There are a number of things that this City does well. They win the largest ratio of aerial duels of any side in the league. They have excellent width stretching sides horizontally. They have pace at the top end of the pitch allowing them to stretch teams vertically. They pace in their backline allowing them to play a very high line to compress play in the opposition half. They are loaded with needle players like Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Jesus, Aguero who are excellent in tight spaces. They are well balanced in midfield with Fernandinho proving an excellent protector of the defence. I could be here all day in this part really. I want to highlight two particular things though here.

1. Using width to create space.
Man City and Liverpool are very similar in many ways tactically. One major difference though is in who provides width, how they use it, who takes advantage of the spaces being created.

Unlike Liverpool, Man City's wide forwards in the 4-3-3 shape are wide. Very wide. They tend to be almost standing on the touchline until the final phase of their attacking play. I remember Henry telling the story of when he was a wide forward for Barcelona and his zones were mapped out using cones in training. In the match, he moved inside in the buildup phase and scored. He was then subbed off for not following tactical instruction.

There are two aims of this in the build up in the attacking phase. The first is to stretch sides horizontally - which will open up the half spaces. De Bruyne and Silva can then move into these areas and pick the opposition apart when Sane & Sterling start making those runs from out to in as they do. The second aim is to bypass the oppositions block with diagonal balls from midfield onto the wings rapidly changing the point of attack. Typically this causes a large shift in opposition players from central to the flank and usually allows a player on the ball-far side to be left in large amounts of space to isolate a defender. We say this a lot at Barcelona with Villa being open on the left. Also at Bayern with Robben on the right.

So one of two things happen as a consequence of that width. The opposition will either open up their shape giving City space, or City can quickly move the ball from outside the block to the deepest point of their attack or even in behind the block if they can split the full back and center back with the right run and pass. But the dangers of this approach doesn't end there because...

2. Ederson is Pirlo
This guy is ridiculous. He almost certainly played in midfield before moving into goal as his awareness, passing range and calmness in possession are all way above anything I have seen before in a goalkeeper. He isn't the best shot stopper in the league - in fact in terms of the xg for just shots on target vs goals conceded he comes out around average in the league. But that isn't why Pep signed him. Pep's system is all about control and penetration. Ederson is just another tool to maintain control and give even greater penetration.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l_P5NBdb8rk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l_P5NBdb8rk</a>

City invite sides to press up on their center backs and goalkeeper. This allows them to stretch the play out and create spaces in midfield and the final third. Unlike most goalkeepers, Ederson is very capable of finding City's front 5 in space over medium-long distances at ease. From goal kicks, they also want sides to press up so they can isolate the back line. Ederson will then play over it with deadly accurate long passes into the final third where City's pacey players are almost guaranteed to win the ball. Or they can force defenders into making back-pedalling headers and win the second balls as the oppositions midfield was stretched out trying to press up.

How do we stop that shit?

We have actually done pretty well in this sense whenever we have 11 men on the pitch against them this season. Remaining compact is crucial to everything Klopp drills us to do and therefore we don't get stretched out. Our full backs all have plenty of pace. Our center backs are all quick across the ground. We don't push up on goal kicks as a team and instead let Firmino & Salah set ambush between defence and midfield.

My worry is Gomez as he tends to struggle on those diagonal balls and has awareness issues. Clyne isn't fit enough to go 1-v-1 with Sane for 90 minutes and Trent lacks experience but would probably be my choice of the 3 for the first match. He will need support though.

But as long as we can stay reasonably compact and maintain good defensive access we should be okay against them. When we have allowed ourselves to be stretched out by City this season, we have got picked apart.

How do we hurt them?
In some ways, this is one area we don't really need to worry about. Pep's entire system is about control. From the players they sign, the way they train, the tactics they use - everything is about control. Klopp's system is all about disrupting control. Which is why his record against Guardiola is better than any manager that has faced him more than a handful of times and the manager who he has suffered the most defeats to despite always going into the games with the favourite of the tie. (Played 12, W5, D1, L6). If you turn the game into a high-paced transition game then that control is gone and anything can happen. City have a lot of talent so they can almost certainly still hurt us here. But it is more in our favour to play in this way and you would expect our lot to have the upper hand here.

In terms of dealing with Ederson, there are two weaknesses I think he has in his game. Firstly, when he is forced to playing things rushed or first time. He is certainly capable of doing so but those moments when things go badly for him all tend to fall under this category. Also, he likes chipping passes out to the full backs and they are ripe for pressing traps when he does. Often the passes aren't that easy to take down and control so the full backs are looking to head them infield to De Bruyne / Silva to build the attack. That is almost certainly an area I would like to ambush them with someone pressing hard on the full back when the ball is in the air and then a second lying in wait to ambush the second ball.

Lastly, their center backs, as good as they are, can be got at too. Stones has a mistake in him when rushed and also seems to have some blindspots where he loses players in. So Firmino will be absolutely vital for us. He always fucks City up with his pressing, movement and clever tactical play in creating quick overloads.

I worry that Milner doesn't have the legs for this match. Also worry about Can's propensity for just switching off or giving up on plays at times. Think Henderson-Gini-Ox might be the group with Firmino dropping in on Fernandinho to give us the 4-v-3 in there.

Excited for this already. Won't be a dull game. I think we take any sort of lead out of the first leg and we will win the tie.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2018, 05:54:11 pm »
Your comms team for today’s match is brought to you by bonjela.

Willie 0-15 45-60
Jill 15-30 60-75
Goodfella 30-45 75-90
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2018, 05:55:18 pm »
Belter of an OP that, Tepid - and Babu that graphic, oh my days :lmao

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2018, 06:33:16 pm »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2018, 06:34:18 pm »
W

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »
Great rendition of YNWA booming in the stadium. Great to see a sea of scarves too. Scarves should be mandatory.

The hairs on Kompany's head are standing up, and he doesn't have hair.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2018, 07:43:59 pm »
The kop drowning out the CL theme music....

Anyone who knows how loud the tannoy is at Anfield will know what an achievement that this.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2018, 07:45:21 pm »
Come on Redmen let's do this.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2018, 07:47:30 pm »
1 WE ARE UNDERWAY!
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2018, 07:47:35 pm »
CHange in lineup.. Sub for Groundskeeper Willie for 1-15 is yours truly
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »
1' Reds attacking the Anfield Rd End...

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2018, 07:49:07 pm »
Correction.... REDS attacking the Kop end for the first half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »
2 City with the first real attack. But we manage to break it up. Looked dangerous fr a second.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2018, 07:49:56 pm »
CHange in lineup.. Sub for Groundskeeper Willie for 1-15 is yours truly

I'll fuck off then. :)
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 4, 2018, 07:50:14 pm »
3' City with a slight advantage in possession so far...nothing much aside from midfield back and forth

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 4, 2018, 07:51:35 pm »
4' Walker tried attacking Robertson up the left flank... no sale...City still with possession in the LFC half

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 4, 2018, 07:52:42 pm »
Long diagonal to Sane is their ball every time...
W

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 4, 2018, 07:53:04 pm »
5' Salah just couldn't beat LaPorte to a loose ball in front of the benches... counter results in a City corner.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 4, 2018, 07:53:51 pm »
7' Reds just can't keep possession once gained... pass to Salah up the flank goes out of touch

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 4, 2018, 07:54:55 pm »
7' We won it 5 times rings out at Anfield....City (still) with possession at midfield, probing

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
Not the best start from us to be honest. City have control of the midfield at the moment, and we're struggling to get any real possession.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2018, 07:55:36 pm »
Firmino fouled DeBruyne... nothing comes of it... then offside City ..

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2018, 07:56:55 pm »
9' TAA almost makes a meal of a back pass to Karius... glanced off the head of a City player...

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »
11' Throw in from TAA picked off... back to us and the Reds getting a little more of the possession now...

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2018, 07:59:24 pm »
  12'  SSSSSSAAAAAALLLLLLAAAAHHHH !!!! GOOOOALLLL!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 4, 2018, 08:00:12 pm »
Now that's more like it. Credit to Bobby for not giving in, Salah as ever puts it away.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 4, 2018, 08:00:24 pm »
12' Pass to Salah up the left... centers to Bobby, shot saved, Bobby gets the rebound and centers back to Mo who tucks it in from 5 yds

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2018, 08:01:42 pm »
14' DeBruyne on a counter... pass to Sane who shoots wide from the top of the penalty area

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2018, 08:02:00 pm »
15' Over to the Lovely Jill....

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 4, 2018, 08:02:47 pm »
12' Pass to Salah up the left... centers to Bobby, shot saved, Bobby gets the rebound and centers back to Mo who tucks it in from 5 yds
Bit of a weak save their and Walker should have dealt with it better too..

Never ever in doubt when it broke to Mo....

Mo raised his arms to the kop after scoring, new for him,
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2018, 08:03:45 pm »
 :)

17 Competitive in midfield now a real ebb and flow game.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 4, 2018, 08:04:47 pm »
TAA noticeably trying to stay closer to his centre back so far..
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 4, 2018, 08:05:02 pm »
18' Ball being used a lot in the middle of the park and interesting seeing Sane actually miscontrolling there.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 4, 2018, 08:06:06 pm »
19' City building from the back patiently we are lot more compact when they are attacking now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 4, 2018, 08:06:35 pm »
20' Goooooaaaaal

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #37 on: April 4, 2018, 08:07:06 pm »
That was a hit and a half and then some. Chamberlain, get in son, get in.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 4, 2018, 08:07:26 pm »
20' That goal came from nowhere really. The ball won in midfield Alex gets hold of the ball and just drills it into the net, a Milner assist.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #39 on: April 4, 2018, 08:08:19 pm »
"TAKE THAT, HORSE, I'M AN OX!"