Author Topic: Liverpool vs Wolves preview. Sunday May 22nd. KO 4pm  (Read 22722 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Wolves preview. Sunday May 22nd. KO 4pm
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2022, 11:26:25 pm »
Chance we could be champions tomorrow. Unbelievable there’s a chance. Until it’s gone I believe in this team. And if it doesn’t happen I still believe in them. These red men are the best we’ve ever seen. See you tomorrow x

Mate, it's not in our hands. If only we need to beat Wolves to win the title I'd be confident of getting it. We need Man City to not win at home against a crappy Aston Villa team.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2022, 11:31:00 pm »
Mate, it's not in our hands. If only we need to beat Wolves to win the title I'd be confident of getting it. We need Man City to not win at home against a crappy Aston Villa team.
I know. But I’m bladdered and feeling strangely confident ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2022, 11:47:46 pm »
I know. But I’m bladdered and feeling strangely confident ;D

Keep thinking positive!

So tired of the whiners that keep saying it’s not possible and how poor Villa are. Shut the fuck up!!

We get it - either you aren’t confident or you are playing for the ultimate jinx - but fucking stop posting over and over that it’s not possible.

Until the last whistle is blown - it is possible.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2022, 11:48:08 pm »
If we win the League, then God exists, and he´s a massive Red

I have a feeling....

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2022, 12:38:46 am »
Excited for the game.
I think be the team likely to start Next weekend bar, Fabinho and Salah(He will play I just dont know if it 60, full game or look for 30-45 in the 2nd half).

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2022, 02:05:59 am »
If we win the League, then God exists, and he´s a massive Red

I have a feeling....

At the moment,  staunch atheist here...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2022, 03:24:04 am »
I think this will very much be a dress rehearsal for the CL final.

Ali, Trent, Ibou, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Diaz, Mane, Salah
subs: Kelleher, Matip, Gomez, Tsimikas, Milner, Naby, Jota, Firmino, Origi

Hopefully if we're ahead at the 70 min mark, then conserve a few legs esp if there's an injury cloud hanging over them. Would love to see Big Div get some minutes for this game and even get on the scoresheet as he seems to usually do.

Fabinho wasnt in training on Friday. He wont play, prolly the only one who misses out as both Virgil and Salah were in full training. You dont participate in full training unless deemed fit for the intensity of training. Only time people miss out on games who did full training is because they were out for a while so had no match fitness. Virgil and Salah will only have missed a week so would not have lost Match Fitness

Keita for Fab and that is %100 the team for tomorrow, would be shocked it it isnt.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2022, 03:26:55 am »
Wasn’t it about 18 days between the Wolves game in 2019 and the final against Spurs?

Both teams looked under cooked so playing six days before Real should play into our hands.

That game is REALLY hard to judge to be honest, we had the lead after a minute. We were always going to sit back, defend and close up shop with the lead in a CL Final. That plus it being two english teams just made it a horrible final

Online The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2022, 04:12:58 am »
Fabinho wasnt in training on Friday. He wont play, prolly the only one who misses out as both Virgil and Salah were in full training. You dont participate in full training unless deemed fit for the intensity of training. Only time people miss out on games who did full training is because they were out for a while so had no match fitness. Virgil and Salah will only have missed a week so would not have lost Match Fitness

Keita for Fab and that is %100 the team for tomorrow, would be shocked it it isnt.

Saw VVD and Salah only in the rondos. Didn’t really see them in the more intense 5 a sides.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2022, 06:06:12 am »
I can't wait for this, last premier game of the season, I know we've got the final to come but I'm going to be jonesing until August 6th to see these tricky reds go again  :scarf

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2022, 06:57:28 am »
Todays the day, we’re doing this.

Believe.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2022, 07:13:59 am »
And so the day has come.

The first club in 4.5 billion years to take the quadruple bid to the last day of the season. 

No one, since our single-cell ancestors first crawled out of the primeval sludge, looked around with their bug eyes, and said, “let’s play football!”, has accomplished this.

Incredible season. Whatever happens today.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2022, 07:35:07 am »
Might be a dumb question but I will just ask. If Gerrard park the bus, is there any possibility for the game would end 0-0 for Villa?

Well, some achievement that to stop a machine consist of Riyad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and Kevin De Bruyne.

One point for God sake!! One point!! Sounds illogical to have this till the last game of the season.

Park. The. Bus.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2022, 07:42:25 am »
Might be a dumb question but I will just ask. If Gerrard park the bus, is there any possibility for the game would end 0-0 for Villa?

Well, some achievement that to stop a machine consist of Riyad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and Kevin De Bruyne.

One point for God sake!! One point!! Sounds illogical to have this till the last game of the season.

Park. The. Bus.

While it could happen, i'm expecting them to score, it's just a case of hoping Villa are in the mood for matching them on that front.

If it's late in the game and level they will be going all out and Villa should be able to hit them on the break.

Nervy already for this, woke up before 7 with Jurgens song in my head. Just wanna get the morning out of the way and get on the train to town
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:01 am »
I really wanna see pep’s wankfest presser after a game which ended 1-1 today

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2022, 07:56:47 am »
Nervy already for this, woke up before 7 with Jurgens song in my head. Just wanna get the morning out of the way and get on the train to town
I agree with that part "woke up before 7", hahahahahah!! Same here, mate... What a nervous feeling already. Not kind of "shitting bricks" type of nervous, but I think I get what you feel. ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:57 am »

Park. The. Bus.

It's possible but I don't think villa have the tools to resist for that long. I feel our best chance is city cruising at 1-0/2-0/2-1 and a bit of madness happens to level it up. But I'd obviously take any result whatsoever where they drop points.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2022, 07:59:30 am »
Have a good day Reds
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2022, 08:03:59 am »
It's possible but I don't think villa have the tools to resist for that long. I feel our best chance is city cruising at 1-0/2-0/2-1 and a bit of madness happens to level it up. But I'd obviously take any result whatsoever where they drop points.

2-2 or 1-1 more possible than 0-0

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2022, 08:04:45 am »
Feel quite relaxed about today, because whilst I have full faith that we will do our bit and beat Wolves I have little to no confidence in Villa getting anything other than a severe beat down at City. It’s out of our hands, just enjoy the last League game of the season and hopefully a good display from the reds.

Online NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2022, 08:07:54 am »
Sadly, agreed, Sharado. I think as long as the gap is only one goal, be it 1-0 or 2-1, Villa would still in the game. There is no way Villa could level when there's any two-goal cushion for City, in any condition.

Ideally, I pray Villa lead earlier in just one goal then... Just park the bus while City need to score... TWO!! Not one. Get a lead and park the bus.

Come on Gerrard-Coutinho-Ings combo!!!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2022, 08:34:59 am »

In that case, hopefully Fab on the bench and to get some minutes towards the end. I think he'll be vital to snuffing out RM and Modric in particular in the CL final.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2022, 08:44:47 am »
There will be a Premier League trophy at anfield today. Praying that it sees the light of day

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2022, 08:54:54 am »
Not bothered about the result either way - been a great season.

Just going to enjoy the day and the lap of honour and clapping the lads off to Paris.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that with all the dickhead fans of other clubs running onto the pitch, that some of our shitheads do the same thing.

Not sure what the answer is and it probably reflects on what a shower of twats our nation has become since Brexit, but let's hope that ours stay off the pitch and don't act like arseholes regardless of the result.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2022, 08:56:29 am »

Just going to enjoy the day and the lap of honour and clapping the lads off to Paris.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that with all the dickhead fans of other clubs running onto the pitch, that some of our shitheads do the same thing.

Not sure what the answer is and it probably reflects on what a shower of twats our nation has become since Brexit, but let's hope that ours stay off the pitch and don't act like arseholes regardless of the result.

Get off the fucking get off the fucking pitch, get off the fucking pitch.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2022, 08:56:46 am »
Massive welcome for the team buses I hope?

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2022, 09:27:15 am »
Feel quite relaxed about today, because whilst I have full faith that we will do our bit and beat Wolves I have little to no confidence in Villa getting anything other than a severe beat down at City. It’s out of our hands, just enjoy the last League game of the season and hopefully a good display from the reds.

This is where I am.

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2022, 09:30:24 am »
Whatever the outcome, it has been a season to remember - thank you all !
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2022, 09:34:34 am »
Something in the air today people! It’s happening!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2022, 09:47:30 am »
Been an emotional wreck all morning at the thought of what might be today. Cannot fucking wait to get inside that ground.

The outpouring of emotion if we achieve the unthinkable will be simply amazing. It would be two league title celebrations rolled into one.

I assume there will be a bus welcome outside the king Harry today?

Come on you mighty fucking Red men.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2022, 09:47:57 am »

I agree with you Andy but trust me, none of our fans are going to do this if we win the league.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2022, 09:50:03 am »
It feels more like "it's happening" than it did in 2019. Just a personal feeling. Of course it might not happen at all but still.  ;D

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2022, 10:00:13 am »
Whatever happens, happens. We can't dwell on it too much. The CL final is just around the corner  :hally :scarf

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2022, 10:01:41 am »

Yep and the fact that we've got the Champions League final next week means that regardless of what happens today, the season's not over and we've got one huge trophy still to play for. As long as we win today, it'll be a good day.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2022, 10:02:43 am »
I’m going for a straightforward 2-0 home win with the real drama in Manchester where Villa hang on for a point.
Next time I post here tonight we’ll be champions.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2022, 10:03:04 am »
Let's give Divock the Anfield send-off he deserves here

And hopefully he'll say thank you by scoring in Paris ;)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2022, 10:06:00 am »
Let's give Divock the Anfield send-off he deserves here

And hopefully he'll say thank you by scoring in Paris ;)

Let’s hope he won’t be needed in Paris

We’ll win and city will win. Calm about it though

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2022, 10:07:09 am »

Can’t see it at all. When has that happened at Anfield in the modern era? Not withstanding the odd kid or streaker.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2022, 10:07:10 am »
I agree with you Andy but trust me, none of our fans are going to do this if we win the league.

I remember people going on the pitch in the early 80's when we won the league at Anfield, think it was the Spurs game, and Brucie going mental at some dickhead at Wembley in 89 after the FA Cup win, so we've always had dickheads sadly. That's when we were singing Get off the fucking pitch at them.

Hopefully the stewards are switched on and those in the crowd stop any dickheads.

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2022, 10:18:25 am »
I remember people going on the pitch in the early 80's when we won the league at Anfield, think it was the Spurs game, and Brucie going mental at some dickhead at Wembley in 89 after the FA Cup win, so we've always had dickheads sadly. That's when we were singing Get off the fucking pitch at them.

Hopefully the stewards are switched on and those in the crowd stop any dickheads.

Lets win the league first and I would not mind if its our biggest problem  :)