Author Topic: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm  (Read 21729 times)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2021, 06:34:26 pm »
Thanks for the OP Henry, enjoyed the read and particularly the latest photos of Goodison.

Like others it’s a game that fills me with a certain amount of concern in terms of the welfare of our players, but Klopp’s already started highlighting it so hopefully it’ll be at the front of the officials minds.

Thuggery aside and having watched them against Brentford yesterday it’s hard to see what they have that can really make a game of it. I know it’s the derby and that can be a leveller but I think for once we might just be able to win this comfortably. Doesn’t often work out that way, but fingers crossed this is one that does.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2021, 06:38:24 pm »
matip and vvd is what i want, the rest whatever mix the boss decides

you dont have to go down to their level to not let them bully you, im sure klopp will be in the officials ears from the off as soon as their dirty shite comes out

i know for some it's hard to hear but you dont want to play the occasion just the game and hopefully spank them - post match can be as sweet as you want in that scenario and our players come out of there not injured if we're lucky

destroy them with football
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:42:29 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2021, 06:47:55 pm »
We just need to treat this as another game and play to our usual standard.........they won't cope.

My only concern is that Thiago gets dragged down to their level of snideness but I think Klopp will have a word and tell him to show his class.

The only way Everton can win this is to drag us down to their level by diving in. If the ref is strong then he'll book a couple of them early to show that he won't tolerate nonsense.

We are by far the better team and so our plan should be just to play football. Leave the shit-housery to them.
#JFT97

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2021, 07:31:36 pm »
We just need to treat this as another game and play to our usual standard.........they won't cope.

My only concern is that Thiago gets dragged down to their level of snideness but I think Klopp will have a word and tell him to show his class.

The only way Everton can win this is to drag us down to their level by diving in. If the ref is strong then he'll book a couple of them early to show that he won't tolerate nonsense.

We are by far the better team and so our plan should be just to play football. Leave the shit-housery to them.
Guaranteed they will go after Mané too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for him straight away. Hopefully he keeps his head , he has been much improved this season already.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2021, 07:39:44 pm »
Is Gylfi Sigurdsson back for this game?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2021, 07:52:05 pm »
Play the strongest side available which is Matip in for Konate.

Rest is unchanged.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2021, 09:24:06 pm »

Seriously?

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2021, 09:26:00 pm »
Play the strongest side available which is Matip in for Konate.

Rest is unchanged.
I think Oxlade-Chamberlain will come in for Henderson or Thiago.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2021, 10:49:46 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
I agree Henry K and so does Jurgen, from what he said after Saturday, that getting out with three points and no major injuries is the task in hand.
If they do get players back they will not be match fit, so they will go as solid and organised as possible. First goal really is key so we can make it about quality and then they cannot match us. Should be a straightforward win, just looking forward to no significant injuries. Will be a few cards again I suspect from the Blues.

Bang on Rodger.
Top OP again. Great stuff Henry.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2021, 11:55:47 pm »
I think Oxlade-Chamberlain will come in for Henderson or Thiago.

I think Thiago will be targeted more than anyone else we have. They'll be shit scared of him.  Rafa will have seen how much of our play is going through him.

Offline TarkaLFC

• Main Stander
  • Valour is superior to numbers.
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2021, 12:04:48 am »

:)

Everton omitted him from their PL squad list, so even if they wanted to pick him right now, they could not.

Edit - there but for the grace of God and the transfer committee go LFC - it was reported that BR wanted to sign him.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:09:17 am by TarkaLFC »
Currently living overseas.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2021, 01:02:52 am »
3 comfortable points and no injuries will do me

No desire to see Rafa become a figure of serious hate, we've had enough of that in this city the last couple of weeks
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2021, 01:13:37 am »
Matip in for Konate is only change for me.

Imagine the atmosphere will be toxic.

na,na Konate and Matip get along fine.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2021, 01:14:53 am »
na,na Konate and Matip get along fine.

But not minamino

Offline Dutch56

• Kemlynite
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2021, 02:27:28 am »
I would really like a thumping victory - like we did again the redMancs.

They will have Richie La back for this - as well as Demari Grey and Doucoure to start. Gives them significantly more "quality" than they have had for the last 3-4 weeks.

Rafa will play this like a European away.

Like a nice 0-5 win like we did to United you mean?

Offline Dutch56

• Kemlynite
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2021, 02:31:06 am »

Yes and kick the living shit out of Prickford and Richardison after 90 minutes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2021, 05:06:12 am »
Either this game or Wolves will there be a fair bit of rotation. Dont rule out several changes here.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2021, 07:32:00 am »
I expect Divock  to start this with Jota back on the bench. I like the sound of Ox or Milner starting but as Thiago came off early it could well be him with Fab plus one.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2021, 08:12:00 am »
Liverpool 6-0 up. Origi comes on at 89 minutes. Kicks Pickford’s head clean off his body. As “hard man” Richarlison comes to have a word, Origi picks him up above his head and then snaps him in two over his knee. He sings You’ll Never Walk Alone at the top of his voice as he walks down the tunnel following a well earned red. His move to Newcastle for £224m is announced straight after the final whistle.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2021, 08:18:30 am »
anyone here just resigned to us losing a couple of players due to injuries from the game?

we all know the fucking c*nts with the whistle will be doing fuck all to protect our players. Klopp have even mentioned about it and its not even subtle.

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2021, 08:25:28 am »
Liverpool 6-0 up. Origi comes on at 89 minutes. Kicks Pickford’s head clean off his body. As “hard man” Richarlison comes to have a word, Origi picks him up above his head and then snaps him in two over his knee. He sings You’ll Never Walk Alone at the top of his voice as he walks down the tunnel following a well earned red. His move to Newcastle for £224m is announced straight after the final whistle.

;D

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2021, 08:44:43 am »
Either this game or Wolves will there be a fair bit of rotation. Dont rule out several changes here.

Think we will go full strength for this and look to make 3 / 4 changes at Wolves (Kostas, Ox, Origi and maybe a CB).

The front 3 are firing so should all start here plus the defence needs to be settled.

Wouldn’t change the midfield either.

It feels like it’s been ages since we played these with a full strength side.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:46:40 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2021, 10:28:02 am »

The transfer is confirmed at full time, but he doesn't leave until the summer. He leaves us with one final massive contribution in St Petersburg at the end of May.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2021, 10:30:54 am »
No way should Origi be starting this. We have to start our strongest 11 and then bring our squad players on after a healthy lead.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2021, 11:54:34 am »
Absolute scenes when Minamino starts in midfield.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2021, 11:59:44 am »
Klopp loves a mad one in terms of line ups for the derby.

Milner is suspended for the AC milan game so I reckon he plays this one and Wolves.

Minamino has probably earnt a chance at starting.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2021, 12:07:44 pm »
No need to go crazy for changes at a place we hardly win at. At Anfield sure, away nah and Saturday to Wednesday is ok schedule wise. Full team and smack them.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2021, 12:14:07 pm »
anyone here just resigned to us losing a couple of players due to injuries from the game?

we all know the fucking c*nts with the whistle will be doing fuck all to protect our players. Klopp have even mentioned about it and its not even subtle.
I don't believe Rafa will allow them to attempt to injure us. They will be defensive and combative yes - but Rafa will not allow the dogs of war approach. He had plenty of chances to have Liverpool play like that back in the day and never did.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2021, 12:16:13 pm »
Same was said about Ancelotti, don't think the manager really comes in to it. They make horror tackles in nearly every derby and I don't think the managers team talks before hand are "go out and injure them"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2021, 12:21:54 pm »
I don't believe Rafa will allow them to attempt to injure us. They will be defensive and combative yes - but Rafa will not allow the dogs of war approach. He had plenty of chances to have Liverpool play like that back in the day and never did.
I agree re Rafa, but the problem is the crowd whips their twat players into a frenzy.  they can't beat us with football so they want to give the crowd something to "respect" them for.

I fukking hate these games.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2021, 12:26:25 pm »

Totally. He is not stuck in the 80s unlike the shits he is being asked to managed.

I do think we miss a Steven Gerrard personality to showed them that if they do come breaking our legs, we will break one of their own.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2021, 12:32:22 pm »
I do think we miss a Steven Gerrard personality to showed them that if they do come breaking our legs, we will break one of their own.

Millie.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2021, 12:38:16 pm »
Meanwhile Andy Robertson Does A Braveheart Moon at the Gladys Street end by lifting his kilt to show his bare white Scottish Arse before turning around and gyrating his pelvis so that his flaccid penis whirls in a radial manner like the blades of a helicopter which inturn helps him fly out the stadium to safety, landing safely in Aldi car park up the road from Goodison
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2021, 12:47:51 pm »

I don't always think it's the manager though. I think it's intrinsic in the club, certainly within every supporter, to embrace that side of themselves in this game. In part at least because the last time they had any sort of run of results against us - IN THE FUCKING 90S BTW - was Royle's 'dogs of war'.  They're a piss poor team at present and if you're staring down the barrell of a shoeing - which by the way they are - what else have you got left? Injuring VVD is the closest they've felt to a trophy since 1995, and look at Mori after he did Origi's ankle - kissing the badge as he walked off the field.

It's absolutely all they've got. Add to that a crowd that exists only for something, anything, to celebrate over 'the redshite' and you have what you have. Martinez, Ancelotti, Silva, Koeman - none of them are really known as 'dark arts' managers away from Everton...and yet....

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2021, 01:08:09 pm »
Paul Tierney is referee with Michael Oliver and Sian Massey-Ellis on VAR

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2021, 01:37:03 pm »
Jurgen Klopp is asked to expand on the fact that, apparently, the Merseyside derby isn't his favourite fixture of the season.

"No," Klopp replies. "Because you are all not able to write it in a proper way.

"Nothing else to say about it, I've said what I have said. From this moment on now.

"I will play it as a normal football game."

Ouch.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2021, 01:40:25 pm »
he's already made his point, so if he repeats it he'll be accused of whinging.  fukking media.

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2021, 01:41:02 pm »
Millie.

Millie is nailed on for a booking in the derby if he plays!

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2021, 01:43:59 pm »
Paul Tierney is referee with Michael Oliver and Sian Massey-Ellis on VAR

I pay zero attention to who the VAR idiots are -- but that caught my eye.

is she the first woman to have that duty for a PL game?  maybe she's done it before?

I think she's a very good linesperson (is that a word?)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2021, 01:44:32 pm »
Millie is nailed on for a booking in the derby if he plays!
to save time the ref has agreed to book him during the kickabout.