Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546105 times)

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #2640 on: December 2, 2021, 06:17:44 am »
Rushie MK2

That's my line of thinking. He presses high up the pitch, like a demented terrier, and when we attack he's in the space he needs to be to get a chance, which he takes.

I was delighted when we signed him and thought it would take him a season to become a starter. So far so good. Now I'm wondering if we are looking at a long term change to the way the front three play.

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2641 on: December 2, 2021, 08:46:11 am »
Sensational player. God I remember being so disappointed the Werner deal did not work out  ;D

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2642 on: December 2, 2021, 08:50:08 am »
Sensational player. God I remember being so disappointed the Werner deal did not work out  ;D
What a signing he has been! His stand out attributes are his ambidexterity and his finishing. His aerial ability is alright too.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: December 2, 2021, 08:51:52 am »
Incredible player - reminds me of Suarez!

His goal was just mad!  ;D

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: December 2, 2021, 09:11:09 am »
well played son..

What a hit  son!!! ..

Andy Gray must have enjoyed that Joga Goal ......

NOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRMZBvM8otY 

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: December 2, 2021, 09:17:19 am »
How did he grow so quickly from being a decent/potentially good player at Wolves into being a top tier goal scorer? What a signing.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #2646 on: December 2, 2021, 09:17:27 am »
Love him to bits. Perfect balance of snide in his game too.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2647 on: December 2, 2021, 09:23:01 am »
How did he grow so quickly from being a decent/potentially good player at Wolves into being a top tier goal scorer? What a signing.

The tools where there, now he’s training with far better and far more progressive coaches, and playing with far better players.

Wolves under Nuno where such a dour, safety first outfit, not a place for young forwards to really flourish.  He did well enough there though, but I’m sure plenty are amazed by how he looks now!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: December 2, 2021, 10:08:13 am »
(not necessarily in here but) Anyone saying Pickford was awful for Jota's goal isn't giving Jota sufficient credit for his strike.
He fucking whacked it past him, few keepers would stand a chance. It was struck with such ferocity and with good height.

Well done Diogo lad.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: December 2, 2021, 10:16:07 am »
I absolutely loved him going off his head when he was injured in that bad foul.
Very happy he plays for Liverpool .

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: December 2, 2021, 10:18:26 am »
Dont know if it's been mentioned but... that first touch and finish were with his supposedly weak foot

Outrageous goal

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #2651 on: December 2, 2021, 10:27:24 am »
What a goal last night hahaha

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2652 on: December 2, 2021, 11:09:03 am »
(not necessarily in here but) Anyone saying Pickford was awful for Jota's goal isn't giving Jota sufficient credit for his strike.
He fucking whacked it past him, few keepers would stand a chance. It was struck with such ferocity and with good height.

Well done Diogo lad.

exactly, the mantra of not getting beat on the front post if you're a keeper hold true in most cases but not all, and when it's a roof of the net job struck like that, in truth a keeper's gonna need an element of luck cos that's the one place that's not covered (if positioned properly)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: December 2, 2021, 11:12:14 am »

Well done Diogo lad.

Yeah it's cracking finish - kind of an Agüero speciality. If the keeper covers up high in that part of the net, you just kick it through his legs. They have to cover the most part of the goal they can, and that finish has tons of potential to go wrong.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2654 on: December 2, 2021, 11:14:26 am »
Brilliant how he kicked off at Allan after that attempted legbreaker in the first half and then humiliated him for the goal.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: December 2, 2021, 11:19:55 am »

Well done Diogo lad.

Jota hit it on the unexpected side, and with a fair bit of power. Unless Pickford got a strong hand on it, which he didn't because he didn't expect the ball to go to that side, then all he could do was stick out his hand and hope to get enough contact to bounce it away. If the ball's hit low, then a leg stuck out can well get enough purchase to save it (since a leg's more rigid). Since it was hit high, it hit a hand and continued on in.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2656 on: December 2, 2021, 11:28:25 am »
I loved the way that about one nanosecond after his first touch with his left foot, he realised it was going to hit his right foot, so he moved it slightly?! That bit was even more impossible than what happened next.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: December 2, 2021, 11:35:25 am »
I absolutely loved him going off his head when he was injured in that bad foul.
Very happy he plays for Liverpool .

Me too, wasn't taking any shit off their snide brazilians.

Allan should have had three yellows by the end of that - shouting and grabbing at the ref, to go with his first bad foul and the reckless one where he lost control of his second leg and studded Jota.

Moments before it all, Allan had acted seriously injured by a very mild and standard foul on him by Fabinho - so for him to have a go at Jota was even more ridiculous. Napoli and Everton - that's a lot of dirty inferiority complex in his DNA

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2658 on: December 2, 2021, 11:39:12 am »
It was outrageous and I screamed when it went in ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2659 on: December 2, 2021, 12:05:09 pm »
What a fucking goal! :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #2660 on: December 2, 2021, 01:00:54 pm »
Great to see him blossoming in this fabulous team. He’s 25 on Saturday so approaching his peak years.
He is benefiting from a long run in the team and not having to score to justify his selection. He has always had confidence that he can be a big player here even though it looked hard to break into one of the best attacks in the world.

He started well by scoring in each of his first 4 home PL appearances, then made it 7 goals in his first 10 matches. Currently on 17 PL goals in 32 appearances! Heck of a start. He reminds me of Kevin Keegan in his size and ability to run with the ball allied to hard work and a determination to succeed.

He has the lot and a bit of added devil in that he won’t be pushed around by defenders. As mentioned he makes it clear to the ref and everyone on the pitch when he feels he has been hard done by which I love. With Klopp’s coaches he will only get better as he is showing with every game and his finishing is up there with the best. He’s good, but that left foot rocket into the roof of the net had me drooling. There’ll be a few more like that I’m sure.

Let’s hope he gets a birthday goal on Saturday  ⚽️
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2661 on: December 2, 2021, 01:08:08 pm »
Ahh, that was just a skill sniper pace goal. Doesn't count. Especially against Everton. Picking on a (mostly) unarmed man before he even has time to scream at a random uninvolved player whose clearly not at fault . For shame.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2662 on: December 2, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »
We've not got a bad record signing "second choice" players do we?

We wanted Brandt over Salah, Wanted Depay over Firmino, Wanted Gotze over Mane, wanted Werner over Jota, Chillwell over Robbo.

Nice to know that we've got a list of targets and if we miss out on the first option, its not the end of the world as our recruitment seems to be top notch.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: December 2, 2021, 01:29:14 pm »

We wanted Brandt over Salah, Wanted Depay over Firmino, Wanted Gotze over Mane, wanted Werner over Jota, Chillwell over Robbo.

Nice to know that we've got a list of targets and if we miss out on the first option, its not the end of the world as our recruitment seems to be top notch.

Lewis over Tsimikas.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2664 on: December 2, 2021, 01:33:06 pm »
If he keeps this up in a couple of years we could be talking some serious numbers goal scoring wise.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: December 2, 2021, 01:35:27 pm »

Just cut the bullshit and go for our second choice in future
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: December 2, 2021, 01:45:41 pm »
Such a clutch player. Hope he continues to cycle through weird FIFA celebrations throughout the season. Let's get everyone doing the weird line dancing one and the cry-baby one. Please Diogo.
YNWA.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #2667 on: December 2, 2021, 01:51:03 pm »
Posted this in tonight's match thread but it belongs in here. 

As we're thinking he deserves a song, how about (to Volare)...

Diogo, oh, oh
Diogo,oh, oh,
In the Red, he'll knock you all dead.
Scores goals with his feet and his head,

Diogo, oh, oh...

Plenty of scope to change the words so carry on, but I think this could be boss.

Really like that - much simpler and more recognizable than some of our newer ones which I think would help it catch on.

There is something about this lad that just makes me feel excited when he is on the ball. So underrated as well by those outside the club but the stats don't lie.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: December 2, 2021, 03:44:52 pm »

Almost like its the coaching thats doing it.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2669 on: December 2, 2021, 04:09:13 pm »

Well done Diogo lad.
Nah, Pickford sat down for no reason at all, because he is a shit keeper. Great finish, but Alisson would have remained calm and saved that. Pickford's way of just standing still 6 yards out on Salah's chip and Mane's goal is also dreadful.

That's the thing though, with natural goal scorers like Jota. They hit the goal almost every time, and quite often the ball goes in. A worse player would have felt the need to hit the ball 2 inches from the post.

Maybe the most impressive attribute is how he manages to win so many headers. He's short and not much of a jumper either, but he's really clever.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: December 2, 2021, 04:20:56 pm »
Nah, Pickford sat down for no reason at all, because he is a shit keeper. Great finish, but Alisson would have remained calm and saved that. Pickford's way of just standing still 6 yards out on Salah's chip and Mane's goal is also dreadful.

That's the thing though, with natural goal scorers like Jota. They hit the goal almost every time, and quite often the ball goes in. A worse player would have felt the need to hit the ball 2 inches from the post.

Maybe the most impressive attribute is how he manages to win so many headers. He's short and not much of a jumper either, but he's really clever.
:duh

Have you seen Brentford's 3rd and West Ham's 3rd against us?

Lets just credit Diogo eh.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2671 on: December 2, 2021, 07:44:54 pm »

Well done Diogo lad.
Yeh if you watch the slow-mo he looks up several times while he runs, positions the ball, orients himself and cantilevers his position with respect to the post the crossbar and Pickford and then lets fly at the sweet spot. An artist at work.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2672 on: December 2, 2021, 07:46:21 pm »
Great to see him blossoming in this fabulous team. He’s 25 on Saturday so approaching his peak years.
He is benefiting from a long run in the team and not having to score to justify his selection. He has always had confidence that he can be a big player here even though it looked hard to break into one of the best attacks in the world.

He started well by scoring in each of his first 4 home PL appearances, then made it 7 goals in his first 10 matches. Currently on 17 PL goals in 32 appearances! Heck of a start. He reminds me of Kevin Keegan in his size and ability to run with the ball allied to hard work and a determination to succeed.

He has the lot and a bit of added devil in that he won’t be pushed around by defenders. As mentioned he makes it clear to the ref and everyone on the pitch when he feels he has been hard done by which I love. With Klopp’s coaches he will only get better as he is showing with every game and his finishing is up there with the best. He’s good, but that left foot rocket into the roof of the net had me drooling. There’ll be a few more like that I’m sure.

On his birthday against his former side? Count on it! :)

Lewis over Tsimikas.
Zielinski over Wijnaldum
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2673 on: December 2, 2021, 08:03:24 pm »

Well done Diogo lad.
When I read that I instantly thought Schemichael, the old one, then I instantly had that Fowler goal running in my head, the one where he smashes it near post from a lot further out than Diogos last night.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2674 on: December 2, 2021, 08:11:35 pm »
He reminds me of Kevin Keegan in his size and ability to run with the ball allied to hard work and a determination to succeed.

You've missed off his Keeganesque heading ability. ;)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: December 2, 2021, 11:52:22 pm »
For his diminutive size, how does this young man seemingly win every aerial duel he’s involved in?

What a player.

The size of the fight in the dog what matters
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: December 3, 2021, 12:45:07 am »

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2677 on: December 3, 2021, 02:55:07 am »
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

If a frog had wings, it wouldn't whomp it's ass every time it jumped...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2678 on: December 3, 2021, 05:33:02 am »
If he keeps this up in a couple of years we could be talking some serious numbers goal scoring wise.

I'd say he already is? 8 goals in 14 games so on course to getting around 22-23 this season in the league alone. We were desperate for a 20-goal a season the league striker for a long time, and other than Torres and Suarez at their peaks, hadn't really had that since Owen left.

It's just that Mo's posting ridiculus numbers that makes everyone else look bad  ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #2679 on: December 3, 2021, 07:48:37 am »
For someone who is 24 years old, Jota is going to be our future star and main striker soon.

There's no way Salah or Mane could hit it like right now and keep running the show when they are 32-33.

In the derby, he's already in the main squad as the club became the first team in English top-flight history to score at least two goals in 18 successive games in all competitions.

What a record!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!