Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 167494 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1640 on: May 16, 2022, 02:54:16 pm »
Yes, still, probably even moreso than when I was enjoying it to the max before, if that is possible. Feels a bit dream like and makes up for the rest of the shite in life.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1641 on: May 16, 2022, 03:41:48 pm »
I've barely enjoyed a second of it, even when we were top and still in Europe, but yeah, to be honest that was fucking great

One year ago. Probably the first and only ever time I was moved with football behind closed doors. If we win in Paris then boy the struggle will have been worth it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: May 16, 2022, 03:48:04 pm »
I'm fucking exhausted. But yes. Yes I am.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: May 23, 2022, 05:26:18 pm »
More than ever, still. Can't wait for the final.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1644 on: May 23, 2022, 05:47:50 pm »
It took a day to shake off the disappointment of losing the league by a point again but I am still loving every minute of this season and cannot wait for the final. I was at a random game at the Etihad this season (5-1 against Watford, don't ask) and the comparison of that sterile place, even when they're giving a team a drubbing, with the sheer joy and passion at Anfield...it's almost like the City fans are on a day out at an amusement park rather than going to a football ground.

All I need to do is reference that memory to remind myself that City can buy as many titles as they want but they will never have what Liverpool supporters have.

Favourite banner of the season, simply: "Up the Fucking Redmen"

The team will be well up for it on Saturday
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:34:43 pm by SOHC »

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1645 on: May 23, 2022, 05:52:32 pm »
Yesterday was a real punch in the stomach. Never felt so dejected leaving a stadium. Absolutely crazy 20 minutes away from a league title and then having it taken off you in the most cruel way. The only way it would have felt worse if City had lost and we had drew.

Ridiculous how you can only afford to lose 1 game a season and every draw against any one other than City and possibly Chelsea feels like a defeat.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1646 on: May 23, 2022, 06:16:34 pm »
Losing is hard, especially when you score 92 points and are still looking at 1 or 2 results thats could've gone better which insane. Still better than finishing 6th or 16th and having to support other teams.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1647 on: May 23, 2022, 10:55:00 pm »
I try to take a philosophical, mindful view of these things. The disappointment was acute, but that is part of what it means to be a Liverpoool fan, just as much as the sweet joy of victory.

If nothing else it keeps us grounded and prevents the grandiloquent arrogance seen in some fanbases
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1648 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:23 pm »
Yesterday was a real punch in the stomach. Never felt so dejected leaving a stadium. Absolutely crazy 20 minutes away from a league title and then having it taken off you in the most cruel way. The only way it would have felt worse if City had lost and we had drew.

Ridiculous how you can only afford to lose 1 game a season and every draw against any one other than City and possibly Chelsea feels like a defeat.

But picky but it was two, West Ham and Leicester away.

But the standards now are ridiculously high and we’ll probably have to do the same next year.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1649 on: May 24, 2022, 04:26:25 am »
Quite enjoyable so far.

The City victory parade was touching.

Even though the metropolitan authorities advised the City fans not to go out, a few hardy souls were clearly not going to let the monkey pox stop them.

Surely, we can all learn from such devotion.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 04:29:22 am by FLRed67 »

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: May 24, 2022, 05:34:55 am »
Absolutely, Klopp era is the best in my life time.
Believer

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: May 24, 2022, 06:12:23 am »

What a time to be alive and a red..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1652 on: May 24, 2022, 12:43:24 pm »
You know what, I sat there on Sunday, at an open air bar in Liverpool called Fletchers, my stomach in knots. Little did I know what emotions I'd go through in the next few hours, the euphoria of believing, to the harrowing reality that they banged in 3 goals in next to no time. Your voice is hoarse, your hands sting through clapping, every twitch, every convulsion, hugging strangers, screaming at the top of your lungs.

In years to come we'll tell our kids, our grandkids, that we lived through the greatest time to be a Liverpool fan. We are the luckiest fans on earth, it doesn't always feel like it, but we are.

Just imagine not even being into footy?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1653 on: May 24, 2022, 03:15:04 pm »
I try to take a philosophical, mindful view of these things. The disappointment was acute, but that is part of what it means to be a Liverpoool fan, just as much as the sweet joy of victory.

If nothing else it keeps us grounded and prevents the grandiloquent arrogance seen in some fanbases

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1654 on: May 24, 2022, 04:44:15 pm »
I don't think I've been more gutted at the end of a league season.

Was partly the manner - I really believed it was happening.

Partly that it's the sportwashing cheats again who pipped us.

Partly that we'd had a party the night before where I was more pissed than I have been in several years and I was in that hangover psychosis stage that just exaggerates negative emotions for a day or two afterwards.

But mostly that the Quadruple was in sight. It would have given this team immortality. Made us even more 'unbearable'.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1655 on: May 24, 2022, 04:47:19 pm »
I don't think I've been more gutted at the end of a league season.

Was partly the manner - I really believed it was happening.

Partly that it's the sportwashing cheats again who pipped us.

Partly that we'd had a party the night before where I was more pissed than I have been in several years and I was in that hangover psychosis stage that just exaggerates negative emotions for a day or two afterwards.

But mostly that the Quadruple was in sight. It would have given this team immortality. Made us even more 'unbearable'.

Really? 13/14 was absolutely devastating. The title would have been success on top of success, not success on top of years of shite. I honestly think any disappointments now are tempered by how good we are, and the knowledge that its unlikely to be our 'last shot'. 13/14 very much felt like lightning in a bottle that wasn't going to happen again, plus obviously the manner of it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1656 on: May 24, 2022, 05:58:00 pm »

;D

I did call Man Utd a bunch of c*nts shortly afterwards :)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1657 on: May 24, 2022, 06:02:18 pm »
Really? 13/14 was absolutely devastating. The title would have been success on top of success, not success on top of years of shite. I honestly think any disappointments now are tempered by how good we are, and the knowledge that its unlikely to be our 'last shot'. 13/14 very much felt like lightning in a bottle that wasn't going to happen again, plus obviously the manner of it.
Yep this for me as well. 2014 was devastating. Like we'd been promised the world and then had it snatched away at the last moment. That season everything that happened made it feel like it was very much meant to be... and then suddenly it wasn't, which was disorienting as well as disappointing.

Sunday was certainly a disappointment, but the very next thought was that it was only a temporary low and that we'll monster the league next season. Because we're not just boss, now, were continuously and consistently boss.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1658 on: May 24, 2022, 06:30:08 pm »
Without a doubt, 13/14 was far worse. Also it felt like the peak of that team, and so it proved.

If we attack next season like we've finished this league season (16 wins and 2 draws out of our last 18), number 20 won't be far away at all.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 06:42:06 pm by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: May 24, 2022, 06:31:10 pm »
;D

I did call Man Utd a bunch of c*nts shortly afterwards :)

So how is the interning at BBC News going?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1660 on: May 24, 2022, 06:41:19 pm »
:)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1661 on: May 24, 2022, 06:53:29 pm »
;D

You've all seen my work, I'm guessing

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #1662 on: May 24, 2022, 08:01:05 pm »
Keep thinking about the weekend but it's fading now. The word 'gutted' doesn't come close.

I think tomorrow and Thursday the buzz for Paris will take over.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1663 on: May 24, 2022, 08:10:32 pm »

It's all personal isn't it.

Personally I thought 2013/14 was worse. It took me ages to get over that. The fact we'd been poor for years and we all knew it was a one shot opportunity made it feel worse when we fell short. The manner in which we fell short made it even worse. Suarez leaving that summer and Sturridge getting crocked on England duty in August/September prolonged the agony of 2013/14.

The last 2 close title bids have had the spectre of a CL final overhanging them. 2018/19 felt worse after Kompany scored against Leicester than it did on the last day of the season. Beating Barcelona 4-0 a few days earlier probably helped. Last Sunday felt worse than 2018/19 because of the manner of how the final games unfolded. If City had just won 3-0, I don't think anyone would be feeling that gutted now.

Despite that we still have a CL final to come and we've won 2 cups already. There's still lots of optimism about this season and the seasons to come. It's easy to know that the disappointment of Sunday could dissipate quite easily with a win this Saturday. If we don't get over the line next Saturday and lose the CL final then I think that last 2 weekends combined will be painful. Let's cross that bridge if we come to it though. As Klopp and others have said, you need to be prepared to lose big if you are prepared to win big. The jeopardy of a season like ours is what makes it so enjoyable, tense and hopefully fully rewarding.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1664 on: May 25, 2022, 05:37:36 pm »
Really?

Yeah, for the reasons I mentioned all combining.

I get the 13/14 thing - I too thought it was a 'one shot' opportunity, but I'd more or less given it up after the Chelsea defeat. I think it was the 'hangover psychosis' playing a big part this year, but I couldn't face reading/watching/hearing anything about it until yesterday.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #1665 on: June 2, 2022, 12:06:00 pm »
I wasn't too upset by how this season ended because the ride there was absolutely unforgettable. For me, this video on Fans Supporting Foodbanks was a really important reminder of the wider societal context of class war that Liverpool as a club and a city exists within.

https://youtu.be/PWEgllNodQ4

The video makes clear that the summer is going to be a challenge. If anyone has a bit of spare cash you can make a one-off or monthly donation, here: https://donorbox.org/fanssupportingfoodbanks

"It started with collecting food from a wheelie bin outside Goodison Park, and is now a permanent fixture outside every home game at the stadium and across the road at Anfield. Everton and Liverpool fans bring donations to games, which volunteers then distribute among food banks and pantries across their communities. The Guardian's Maeve Shearlaw and Christopher Cherry spent the last week of the season with the volunteers as they sorted through donations and worried about what will happen in lieu of match day collections over the summer".

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1666 on: June 11, 2022, 11:34:57 am »
We won the league basically. We are the best sporting team in England and one of the best in the world
Quibble at me about void clubs all you like but this team, that goal tally, that record, that points total - special anyway you slice it

And some days, many days, I think we could be the best in the world

I see this club and think of nobody else. When you're in love, you don't care what the neighbours think.

Yes, I enjoy it. I hate football, basically. I hate everything about it. The implementation, the prejudice, the corruption, the people it attracts, the fact it is identity for the dispossessed in an era where we should rise up.

But Liverpool?

Yes. I enjoy it.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #1668 on: September 7, 2022, 09:31:13 pm »
Fell out of love with the game (again) as result of what happened inside and outside of the CL final in Paris. I really did. Haven’t been back on RAWK much since. Just popped back on tonight to get some insights from the good posters on the Napoli game.

The question we should be asking is are the *players* enjoying it. Because right now I’m wondering where all their positivity has gone.

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #1669 on: September 7, 2022, 09:34:09 pm »
It's a good time to be an lfc fan, ıf you are a masochist

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1670 on: September 7, 2022, 09:39:43 pm »
It’s certainly a struggle right now.

Something seems off.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1671 on: September 7, 2022, 09:40:49 pm »
It’s certainly a struggle right now.

Something seems off.

Probably the tv

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1672 on: September 7, 2022, 09:45:41 pm »
Fell out of love with the game (again) as result of what happened inside and outside of the CL final in Paris. I really did. Haven’t been back on RAWK much since. Just popped back on tonight to get some insights from the good posters on the Napoli game.

The question we should be asking is are the *players* enjoying it. Because right now I’m wondering where all their positivity has gone.

No I don’t think they are and that’s the problem. They’ve finished with two of the three of the highest points tallys in premier league history and ‘only’ won the league once

Heartbreak in the final last year. These boys are human at the end of the day and the ones that have been around for most of it like VVD, Trent etc the effect to me is obvious as form is affected

Which underlines for me even more why Mane wanted out

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1673 on: September 7, 2022, 09:47:09 pm »
This is where you show your mettle as a fan.

Charity Shield we looked like it was going to be back to business, high intensity Football and looking ready for the season.

Not sure what's going on but we look a older side, no energy, no spark and no desire.

I'm not enjoying it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: September 7, 2022, 09:48:55 pm »

Charity Shield we looked like it was going to be back to business, high intensity Football and looking ready for the season.

Not sure what's going on but we look a older side, no energy, no spark and no desire.

I'm not enjoying it.
The players need to show some mettle too.
Been an extremely poor start to the season.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1675 on: September 7, 2022, 09:48:58 pm »

They were already running on fumes in the last couple of months of last season. They put in an astronomical effort only to have it end in crushing disappointment. They wouldn't be human if they weren't struggling to find the hunger again after that, knowing that their best still wasn't quite good enough.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: September 7, 2022, 09:49:58 pm »
Yeah I’m not enjoying it either. In retrospect, I don’t know if I enjoyed a lot of last season… I more remember tension & anxiety then outright enjoyment.

Definitely need to work on letting results impact my mood too much one way or the other. These types of performances just leave you … I don’t know, dispirited?

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1677 on: September 7, 2022, 09:51:44 pm »

I'm not enjoying it.

Nobody enjoys losing.

But having had an amazing ride the last few seasons and especially last season, not about to get on anyones back and still happy to be a fan.

Last season was exhausting. They had everything to play for in every single game. Even City got dumped out of the League Cup and Champions League. Its no wonder the team has a hangover from last season

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: September 7, 2022, 09:53:01 pm »
The major issue for me is that the apparent 'clear the air' meeting from a few weeks ago seems to have had a very short-term effect and the team has now reverted back to pre-meeting form.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1679 on: September 7, 2022, 09:53:30 pm »
thankfully we have got Jota and Tiago thru this debacle against Napoli injury free. Allison, Harvey & Diaz performances where the best of a bad bunch

role on Wolves  :scarf :scarf