Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1014579 times)

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9400 on: October 27, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »
You guys ever had something? - anything to give you the impression she was interested?
No,never had anything but i just thought i'd take a chance and ask her out.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9401 on: October 27, 2013, 01:15:25 pm »
No,never had anything but i just thought i'd take a chance and ask her out.

And right on lad, you never ask... you don't know.

She turned you down i take it? Can i ask how old you are mate?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9402 on: October 27, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »
And right on lad, you never ask... you don't know.

She turned you down i take it? Can i ask how old you are mate?
I'm 40 and she's 30.A bit of an age gap I know but not a problem for me.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9403 on: October 27, 2013, 02:17:54 pm »
Do you think you're chasing this woman because you don't think you can find another?

I'm the worst to give advice on this, because every person i have loved, has loved me in return.... and it appears at least to me, that in your situation, that's not the case.

If i liked someone who gave me nothing to go on... i'd take a run a jump, my heads a mess mate becacuse women i do like have given me something to cling onto (relationships)

If she hasn't given you something to work with, walk away mate.... you have to.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9404 on: October 27, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »
I know it's gone but I'm just happy to still have her friendship.We work in the same building on different floors but that won't be a problem.Its a situation I'll learn to live with as we have to do sometimes.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9405 on: October 27, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
I know it's gone but I'm just happy to still have her friendship.We work in the same building on different floors but that won't be a problem.Its a situation I'll learn to live with as we have to do sometimes.

The girl next door hey!...

Listen mate, this woman is not for you. If she was, you'd be together.

Take what you like in her and use that to look for the next potential Mrs PeterJM.

If you wanna get messy over something that's never happened, then i've got around 6 cans of beer left, or alternatively you can hook yer middle finger at me....say "you know what, i liked this girl but she never reciprocated - the last thing i need is to be like Football Genius who gets twatted over women he likes"

Do you drink too?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9406 on: October 27, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »
No,I only drink after our home games now.I used to drink to hide from the failures in my life but I got myself a 2nd job which helped me by not giving me the time to dwell on the past and drink at the same time.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9407 on: October 27, 2013, 07:05:56 pm »
We're exceptionally welcoming in these parts mate! but this is an Alcoholics thread! i hope you find some love fella.....

But back on topic..... i remember reading Carl that you used to have 'two sessions' at times, morning, fall asleep...wake up drink again. Well that's me today.

I have to get off it tomorrow. I will.... i can't make this type of cycle continue or i'll just end up twattted and then, eventually dead.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9408 on: November 3, 2013, 07:48:16 pm »
Just to say, the shit has hit the fan big time. Not booze related but a part of life. I ended up in the cells last night on an ABH charge against my son. Once again this, on my part , was not drunken etc, he had had a few too many and he kicked off. Would this have happened had i allowed it? Who knows. Just another sparkle in my life and just trying to keep my saga updated.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9409 on: November 3, 2013, 11:10:02 pm »
Just to say, the shit has hit the fan big time. Not booze related but a part of life. I ended up in the cells last night on an ABH charge against my son. Once again this, on my part , was not drunken etc, he had had a few too many and he kicked off. Would this have happened had i allowed it? Who knows. Just another sparkle in my life and just trying to keep my saga updated.

A clip round the ear never did anyone any harm ;)

On this note, i spoke to Carl today, was a pretty tough morning... wanted to get wankered...held it down all day because i know if i'd started it'd have caused all sorts of problems.

I am now however having a glass of wine watching MOTD - had it of been 10:00am tho... i'd have been wankered, so i take the positives.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9410 on: November 4, 2013, 09:14:36 am »
Have to say gotta be proud of that mate. I was otherwise detained but you held it together well. Small steps and all that mate. Nice one.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9411 on: November 4, 2013, 10:13:19 am »
Cheers buddy...means a lot. Ya missus OK with what went down this weekend mate?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9412 on: November 4, 2013, 04:31:51 pm »
Carl

sorry mate
I really hate to hear that
its fucking depressing when the police get involved in peoples lives
never a good outcome

i hope it has no residual affects

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9413 on: November 4, 2013, 04:44:07 pm »
I wouldnt say she was ok with it. I thought i went ott but she massively begged to differ. She was brilliant tbf. Id have lost the plot if it were not for her, id have just sat in a corner dribbling and losing the plot. Not being pissed has allowed me to be here posting rather than inside. I thought about what i was doing rather than just going in all guns blazing.  I called the police as i thought it best, and thats strange as i hate the authorities but thought it for the best, and it was. Some level heads were most welcome. Dont spose the neighbours think as i do but hey ho.

As for residual effects its cut me to the bone. Couldnt face work today so stayed home. I thought it was a good idea, im between breaking down and laying someone out if pushed so i stayed home. Ill sort it, i always do :)

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9414 on: November 4, 2013, 05:07:47 pm »
fair answer

I thought work would have given you something to think about other than being at home

each to his own

as you say

things usually work out

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9415 on: November 4, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »
No, its a small company and banter is rather ' personal ' but i know i couldnt deal with that today. I know my head fairly well now and my best mate works there so he understands. Im not a violent person unless really pushed but i know one innocuous comment would have turned my head big time. I thought it best to stay away and get my head sorted. Its not something i will say on an open forum but im very honest when i say my actions, whilst seeming hard to those not in possesion of the facts , were warranted bearing in mind the facts i had.

Im not proud of what i did, im not much of anything at the moment but its done. I got a caution and i lost a son. This is life i guess.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9416 on: November 4, 2013, 05:20:59 pm »
Im not proud of what i did, im not much of anything at the moment but its done. I got a caution and i lost a son. This is life i guess.

And life is long. Very hard to lose a family member permanently, SHF. I hope to read that you are back talking to your son at some point in the future.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9417 on: November 4, 2013, 05:22:18 pm »
And life is long. Very hard to lose a family member permanently, SHF. I hope to read that you are back talking to your son at some point in the future.
Second this.

There's always a way back.

Don't give up on him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9418 on: November 4, 2013, 05:26:27 pm »
Ive not shut the door, he has. What he did was very bad but he is still my son and i still love him. Im not sure he understands the gravity of the situation or even the fact it should have been him in nick that night and not me. Strange thing life, eh :)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9419 on: November 4, 2013, 05:32:58 pm »
Ive not shut the door, he has. What he did was very bad but he is still my son and i still love him. Im not sure he understands the gravity of the situation or even the fact it should have been him in nick that night and not me. Strange thing life, eh :)
Understand that, but make sure he knows that the door's always open at your end.

Easy to get into a Mexican standoff that doesn't actually exist.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9420 on: November 4, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »
one thing i know about life

families make absolutely no sense at all

no logic in family at all

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9421 on: November 4, 2013, 05:36:50 pm »
I was looking after him, as bizarre as beating him up goes. Its hard to describe but ill always be here if he needs me. He is rapidly burning many bridges though...

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9422 on: November 4, 2013, 06:48:08 pm »
I was looking after him, as bizarre as beating him up goes. Its hard to describe but ill always be here if he needs me. He is rapidly burning many bridges though...

Mate i've burned bridges with my brother,and i love him to bits.Never close that door lad... always see and hope for the best.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9423 on: November 4, 2013, 07:00:08 pm »
Things haven't changed much since the few months ago I posted. Well sort of, but not for the better. I lived on my own for a few years and could somewhat maintain my alcohol intake. Maintain, meaning I drank every night but could at least somewhat limit it. A good night was about 8 beers.

My brother moved in with me a couple months ago, and I thought it would help having someone there that could somewhat maintain his drinking, although it is most definitely a past time of his. Also thought it would be nice to socialize with someone daily, I work with animals so I use my "dog-voice" more often than speaking to people. For whatever reason it's taken a turn for the worse, and now it's been drink til I physically can't anymore each night, usually between 12-16 cans.

I don't mean to sound as if I'm blaming him, it's more the circumstances. Work has been slow, as was expected this time of the year, so I have more days off and regularly get off around noon. So when I know I have no obligations the rest of the day my only motivation is to go home and drink til I'm done. I am aware he is enabling me though, maybe a sly jab on my days off when I start at 10, but other than that he's just accepted that's who I am. I haven't dated since this all started, about 6 years ago, so he tried setting me up with someone solely based on the fact she drank a lot too. Bless him, he knows I'm self conscious about my drinking so thought it would be ideal. It was with good intentions.

When he moved in we talked about going to aa meetings. He only talked about it the day after he made bad decisions while drinking, then convinced himself he was fine when he wasn't dwelling in it. He also tries convincing me my problem is normal and I shouldn't look at it as problem, but the other side of this is if he even dared criticized me, or god forbid tell me to stop, I would most likely be livid. Probably receptive in the morning, but if I'm in the zone I'm not having it.

Enough about that, I'm actually starting to slightly feel the long term effects of drinking this much, like my right side is often in pain, I'm almost always bleeding after going to the restroom, and I often feel as if my complexion is slowly changing. Most of the time I just accept the inevitable will happen, and having no insurance I could never afford even a doctors visit. At this point it's not unbearable, but often uncomfortable.

Along with my usual posts in here, sorry I haven't kept up with the rest of you and your progress, I for some reason actively avoid this thread even with the amazing compassion, people, and support. Also sorry if there are a few grammatical errors or if it's jumbled, typing on my phone. I know I wouldn't have posted in here by the time I got home. I'm always self conscious about sharing the personal info, like the medical issues I've been having, but wanted to give an update. I may edit that out later when my thoughts get a gold of me and remind me this is a public forum.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2013, 07:08:11 pm by BRdispatch05 »
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9424 on: November 4, 2013, 07:08:28 pm »
Things haven't changed much since the few months ago I posted. Well sort of, but not for the better. I lived on my own for a few years and could somewhat maintain my alcohol intake. Maintain, meaning I drank every night but could at least somewhat limit it. A good night was about 8 beers.

My brother moved in with me a couple months ago, and I thought it would help having someone there that could somewhat maintain his drinking, although it is most definitely a past time of his. Also thought it would be nice to socialize with someone daily, I work with animals so I use my "dog-voice" more often than speaking to people. For whatever reason it's taken a turn for the worse, and now it's been drink til I physically can't anymore each night, usually between 12-16 cans.

I don't mean to sound as if I'm blaming him, it's more the circumstances. Work has been slow, as was expected this time of the year, so I have more days off and regularly get off around noon. So when I know I have no obligations the rest of the day my only motivation is to go home and drink til I'm done. I am aware he is enabling me though, maybe a sly jab on my days off when I start at 10, but other than that he's just accepted that's who I am. I haven't dated since this all started, about 6 years ago, so he tried setting me up with someone solely based on the fact she drank a lot too. Bless him, he knows I'm self conscious about my drinking so thought it would be ideal. It was with good intentions.

When he moved in we talked about going to aa meetings. He only talked about it the day after he made bad decisions while drinking, then convinced himself he was fine when he wasn't dwelling in it. He also tries convincing me my problem is normal and I shouldn't look at it as problem, but the other side of this is if he even dared criticized me, or god forbid tell me to stop, I would most likely be livid. Probably receptive in the morning, but if I'm in the zone I'm not having it.

Enough about that, I'm actually starting to slightly feel the long term effects of drinking this much, like my right side is often in pain, I'm almost always bleeding after going to the restroom, and I often feel as if my complexion is slowly changing. Most of the time I just accept the inevitable will happen, and having no insurance I could never afford even a doctors visit. At this point it's not unbearable, but often uncomfortable.

Along with my usual posts in here, sorry I haven't kept up with the rest of you and your progress, I for some reason actively avoid this thread even with the amazing compassion, people, and support. Also sorry if there are a few grammatical errors, typing on my phone. I know I wouldn't have posted in here by the time I got home. I'm always self conscious about sharing the personal info, like the medical issues I've been having, but wanted to give an update. I may edit that out later when my thoughts get a gold of me and remind me this is a public forum.

shit mate

this is an honest post and well done

but let me just point it out

your drinking too much

I assume your in the states

what bit ??

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9425 on: November 4, 2013, 07:12:38 pm »
Right in the middle, in Missouri. Although I often think about moving far away as if that would somehow change my habits. I would like to stop, but when I'm in the zone nothing will stop me. I will often choose alcohol over food if I only have enough for one of the two.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9426 on: November 4, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »
Right in the middle, in Missouri. Although I often think about moving far away as if that would somehow change my habits. I would like to stop, but when I'm in the zone nothing will stop me. I will often choose alcohol over food if I only have enough for one of the two.
moving away wont fix it
thats the truth im afraid
you have a drinking problem
you need to fix it
doesnt matter where you are

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9427 on: November 4, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »
BRdispatch, you've probably heard all this before but I'm going to say it anyway.

You need to exercise and you need to find other things to do. Go running, do press ups, it doesn't have to cost anything. Volunteer somewhere in the evenings or go see a movie. I come from a place where if something is a good pastime, people say "sure, it keeps me out of the pub". I am involved in a local sports club and it's amazing how many of the volunteers started out escaping drink problems.

Also, if you can't stand the thought of your head hitting the pillow sober, tell yourself you're going to start at a certain time, drink a certain number of beers and go to bed at a certain time. 12 to 16 cans is too much but if you can get back to 8, that's good for now.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2013, 07:47:07 pm by corkboy »

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9428 on: November 4, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »

moving away wont fix it
thats the truth im afraid
you have a drinking problem
you need to fix it
doesnt matter where you are

I honestly tell myself that every morning, how great it would be to just stop. To not have the effects the next day, and live a normal life. I will say to myself " that's it, you're done, get your shit together and stop being an idiot" usually followed by "don't call yourself an idiot, fucking asshole". It's almost involuntary, and I often catch myself vocally saying it, which is now kind of embarrassing since my brother will catch me sometimes, never had to worry about it when living on my own. Kind of a backwards way of trying not to be abusive to myself.

It's the afternoon/evening that haunts me. I am a different person, like Dracula but instead I need alcohol.

I'm just being open and honest, my dignity's all but gone, so I really don't have much to lose by posting honestly on here.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9429 on: November 4, 2013, 07:58:56 pm »

BRdispatch, you've probably heard all this before but I'm going to say it anyway.

You need to exercise and you need to find other things to do. Go running, do press ups, it doesn't have to cost anything. Volunteer somewhere in the evenings or go see a movie. I come from a place where if something is a good pastime, people say "sure, it keeps me out of the pub". I am involved in a local sports club and it's amazing how many of the volunteers started out escaping drink problems.

Also, if you can't stand the thought of your head hitting the pillow sober, tell yourself you're going to start at a certain time, drink a certain number of beers and go to bed at a certain time. 12 to 16 cans is too much but if you can get back to 8, that's good for now.

I have heard that, and even had success with it about three years ago. I still drank occasionally, but often I would go home then run for a fe miles, and throw in a couple exercises, until an hour or two before bed.

I don't have an excuse now why I shouldn't, I will sometimes convince myself I don't have a gym membership, but I know there are plenty of activities that are free I could do nightly. There's  a field I could go to that always has pick up games going on I used to go to, and am envious every time I pass it but "know" I have to go home to get started. Even now, when not writing in here, subconsciously all I can think about is getting off at 6 and whether I should pick up a 6 or 12 pack with what I have leftover from last night. It does feel better to talk about it, and at least I can question these feelings after writing out what I know I know, but block out when I get in that zone.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9430 on: November 4, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »
This might sound counterproductive but I figure this thread is open for any suggestions so here goes.

LSD could help alcoholics stop drinking, AA founder believed - Guardian

LSD 'helps alcoholics to give up drinking' - BBC

Revisiting LSD as a Treatment for Alcoholism - Science Daily

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9431 on: November 4, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »
BRdispatch, if this thread is tough to enter it must've been pretty tough writing that open, detailed and honest account. I can only assume that sharing all this helps, a catharsis of sorts. It's also a very good place to get advice from experienced and understanding people. However, it's also anonymous which has its benefits but can also mean that sharing all that has a limited benefit. Do you think you could share that much stuff with somebody face-to-face? Getting somebody on your side in your real life is surely a beneficial thing to try to do. AA may be a step too far right now but can't you share your fears and the extent of your habit with somebody who may be able to just be a watchful influence in some way? You may have tried all this but surely sharing your issues is a good step.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9432 on: November 4, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »
@corkboy
A part if me is thinking "yes!!" And that's kind if what scares me. I would love to substitute it with something else I could ween off of, but to be honest I've had more than this as an addiction. I smoke daily (both kinds, although have very much decreased my usage of green stuff. Maybe once at night, but I can do without), and for a short spell I was drinking a bottle of cough syrup nightly. It was a weird time, I could hardly form a sentence when on it.

@fitzi

I do share with some people, I'm usually incredibly secretive about it, even turn down alcohol in most social situations. Once it comes out though I feel maybe I'm too open, and share everything. A couple friends know, my mom knows and we used to talk a lot about it, but now just avoid discussing it. My friends usually weren't quite sure what to say, and I'm not sure what I expected of them, or wanted them to say. I just felt like I needed to say it.

I went to a few aa meetings, and I'm not sure if anything would've helped if I stuck with it, but I usually left comforted I could share with people facing similar issues, then stopped by the liquor store on the way home.

I know it's down to me, but sometimes I share hoping whoever I'm telling has a magic wand and will say the magic words that will cure this. My brother I talk with regularly, but he is usually left saying that it's not as big a deal as I am making it.  The friends I've told either have got tired of my actions and stopped talking with me, or tried helping and gave up at some point and we just don't discuss it. Or maybe realized I don't want to discuss it anymore and are just there to hang out.

I don't feel I can't talk about it with anyone, but I've kind of given up talking about it too. It's only certain moods on certain days I feel like sharing, and otherwise avoid it. Which is why I've been in here before, and AA, and discussed with friends,  and then drop it like I never said a word.

I even went to an outpatient rehab for a couple weeks, and I have no idea why but I felt it was fine if I kept on with smoking and cough syrup (it was during that phase), so almost everything I was supposed to learn I immediately forgot. That was when I had insurance. In hindsight I wish I could have stayed sober during that time. I find myself always arguing against why certain advice won't work, when I'm not even giving it a shot.

Sorry if this all jumbled, my mind kind of is right now. I'll be off in three hours and can sit down and try to sit down and focus on your responses and figure out what I'm trying to say.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9433 on: November 4, 2013, 09:32:34 pm »
@corkboy
A part if me is thinking "yes!!" And that's kind if what scares me. I would love to substitute it with something else I could ween off of, but to be honest I've had more than this as an addiction. I smoke daily (both kinds, although have very much decreased my usage of green stuff. Maybe once at night, but I can do without), and for a short spell I was drinking a bottle of cough syrup nightly. It was a weird time, I could hardly form a sentence when on it.

LSD isn't a substitute. If you read those links, you'll see they advise one dose, but the effects can last for months.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9434 on: November 4, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »
Gotcha, should be an interesting read, I will take a look at each of them when I get home. Thanks for the links

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9435 on: November 4, 2013, 10:53:48 pm »
I honestly tell myself that every morning, how great it would be to just stop. To not have the effects the next day, and live a normal life. I will say to myself " that's it, you're done, get your shit together and stop being an idiot" usually followed by "don't call yourself an idiot, fucking asshole". It's almost involuntary, and I often catch myself vocally saying it, which is now kind of embarrassing since my brother will catch me sometimes, never had to worry about it when living on my own. Kind of a backwards way of trying not to be abusive to myself.

It's the afternoon/evening that haunts me. I am a different person, like Dracula but instead I need alcohol.

I'm just being open and honest, my dignity's all but gone, so I really don't have much to lose by posting honestly on here.

this thread is what yoru post is exactly for

dignity is irrelevant to anonymous current or former alkies

post away with fear of judgement

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9436 on: November 4, 2013, 10:55:11 pm »
LSD isn't a substitute. If you read those links, you'll see they advise one dose, but the effects can last for months.

jesus christ

LSD as a substitute

fucking hell no

that is not the way

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9437 on: November 4, 2013, 10:59:38 pm »
jesus christ

LSD as a substitute

LSD ISN'T a substitute. If you read those links, you'll see they advise one dose, but the effects can last for months.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9438 on: November 6, 2013, 05:39:36 pm »

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9439 on: November 6, 2013, 06:16:33 pm »

I can absolutely relate to you mate, i can be just the same - and when i pop i don't stop until i either pass out or every last drop of alcohol has gone.

Tonight for example i'm sat here, having blown a fuse on Monday - i don't *want* to have a drink, infact my bottle of water and my quarter pounders were terrific substitute, but i'm on my tod tonight and those thoughts start creeping in, "oh don't you fancy a 8 pack, no-one will be the wiser" well i will - but then my thought process can turn to "ah fuck it - you're a waste of a pair of lungs at the moment so what does it matter if you get pissed?"

Im battling my demons not to go get shitfaced tonight, mainly because i'm on my tod and i'm bored, partially because it might mean i fall asleep at a decent time and not lay in bed with a million thoughts about shit, well frankly i can do nothing about now.

I'm thinking i might go get a couple bottles of Lucozade a bit of ice-cream, somethings i can pick at and keep my hands busy. I'll walk into the same shop, and that beer will be shouting at me 'Gowwan have a few of me, i'll be ya mate for tonight' It invaribly never is, but in the absence of real company tonight, all i got is my own - and well that's the worst company for me.

If you can, just stay away from it (i can't talk i'm terrible) but what i do know is, it never ends well.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia