Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2554174 times)

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #33240 on: January 14, 2022, 08:18:59 am »
When people start every single post on here with ‘I mean’.

Do they speak like this in real life?

Phrases Fillers like I mean, Like, Uhmmm, Actually are used when people got something to say, but their brain isnt fast enough to string together a series of words. So they use such fillers to make sure that they got something to say, but use the millisecond time, to think of the next few words.

Moms cousin was a speech therapist at her bank. Her job involved training managers, VPs etc. to iron out such words.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33241 on: January 14, 2022, 09:49:20 am »
Oh i know upstate New York is a great place - some of my wife's family emigrated there 40 years ago and the snow is immense.
However I still think skiing over The Empire State Building sounds epic

I just put what the way he written it down to bad grammar ;)

Phrases Fillers like I mean, Like, Uhmmm, Actually are used when people got something to say, but their brain isnt fast enough to string together a series of words. So they use such fillers to make sure that they got something to say, but use the millisecond time, to think of the next few words.

Moms cousin was a speech therapist at her bank. Her job involved training managers, VPs etc. to iron out such words.

I can see the point when speaking, but when posting? Its not like you don't have time to think and review before clicking post.*

There's a shit load in the Transfer/Post Match/FSG threads who need to do more of that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #33242 on: January 14, 2022, 09:51:29 am »
I got some planet themed chocolates for christmas, they are all the same size.

The worst bit is they have the Sun in it, but have omitted Pluto. I'd argue Pluto has more of a claim of being in the Planets than the fucking Sun.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33243 on: January 14, 2022, 03:45:45 pm »
Seeing Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Easter stuff on the shelves in shops while they are still trying to flog the Christmas stuff they have left over from a few weeks ago.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33245 on: January 14, 2022, 04:24:57 pm »
Leaving your phone on the charger for an hour, taking it off and realising you never switched the plug on  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33246 on: January 14, 2022, 09:23:58 pm »
Seeing Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Easter stuff on the shelves in shops while they are still trying to flog the Christmas stuff they have left over from a few weeks ago.  :butt

Noticed that yesterday.  I was in Tesco and a couple were buying Easter chocolates

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33247 on: January 14, 2022, 09:53:46 pm »
Leaving your phone on the charger for an hour, taking it off and realising you never switched the plug on  :butt

Ditto

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33248 on: January 15, 2022, 06:46:08 am »
The amount of cyclists during the evening with no lights on their bike wearing dark clothing. When I was a lad it was a thing that you had to have lights on your bike at night.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33249 on: January 15, 2022, 07:50:27 am »
The amount of cyclists during the evening with no lights on their bike wearing dark clothing. When I was a lad it was a thing that you had to have lights on your bike at night.

Pretty sure UK laws state cyclists need lights and safety reflectors on their bike.

However, I have the same gripe with people out on a stroll without any reflective garment, or even worse, people who walk their dog and the dog is on the other side of the pathway!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33250 on: January 15, 2022, 10:12:26 am »

They were in stock before Christmas !!!!!

See loads like this riding on the roads - part of me hopes they get clipped just to wake the dumb fuckers up. I know our kid nearly hit one in his truck a couple of months ago, pitch black morning, unlit road, no lights and black clothes :no
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 10:14:50 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33251 on: January 15, 2022, 12:00:18 pm »
Don't know what it is with some online companies online chat but they always seem to disconnect if you don't say anything for a minute. Unbelievably frustrating.#

Also Alpharooms who are pissing me off. Went out of business couple of months ago but have still ot given anyone a refund.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #33252 on: January 15, 2022, 12:06:14 pm »
One thing that royally pisses me off is 'Failarmy' type videos on FB where the uploader has dubbed canned laughter over it.
It's even worse if it's dubbed with the Indian sounding fella repeatedly saying 'Oh no no no no' before bursting out into false laughter  :wanker
I usually last about 2 seconds before I hit the pause button  :no
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33253 on: January 15, 2022, 02:49:59 pm »
I usually last about 2 seconds before I hit the pause button  :no

There’s a blue pill you can take for that. Not a stigma anymore 😉🤣

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33254 on: January 15, 2022, 02:50:58 pm »

;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #33255 on: January 15, 2022, 03:34:19 pm »
I knew that answer was coming  ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33256 on: January 15, 2022, 03:41:31 pm »
I knew that answer was coming  ;)

Quickly apparently 😉

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33257 on: January 16, 2022, 11:15:23 am »
Hard Agree/Hard Disagree.

Seriously, what the fuck is that? Our language is getting stupider and stupider as the nation gets stupider and stupider. No wonder we end up with Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as Prime Minister :no

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33258 on: January 16, 2022, 12:20:55 pm »

Seriously, what the fuck is that? Our language is getting stupider and stupider as the nation gets stupider and stupider. No wonder we end up with Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as Prime Minister :no

Just seen posts with both. Fucking morons.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #33259 on: January 16, 2022, 12:52:44 pm »

Maybe the agreement/disagreements are just really sexy...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33260 on: January 16, 2022, 02:21:14 pm »

Yeah its here where I saw it too. I thought Hard disagree was a typo and they meant to type Hard to disagree, but then the post made no sense, then I thought it was hard to disagree

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33261 on: January 16, 2022, 04:39:46 pm »

Haha, just seen that too. I thought it was meant to be "hard to agree", but that would have been odd because there was no further clarification.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33262 on: January 16, 2022, 07:21:47 pm »
Google's 2-factor authentication. Every time I want to sign in, I have to go through the stupid 2F thing. Then usually it can't reach my phone, even though its in my hand and working fine, so have to jump through tons of additional hoops just to watch youtube. Wish you could just turn it off!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #33263 on: January 16, 2022, 07:56:26 pm »
Google's 2-factor authentication. Every time I want to sign in, I have to go through the stupid 2F thing. Then usually it can't reach my phone, even though its in my hand and working fine, so have to jump through tons of additional hoops just to watch youtube. Wish you could just turn it off!
Haven't got this problem myself so I'm not sure if this would work; but have you tried watching in an Incognito tab?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #33264 on: January 16, 2022, 08:08:50 pm »
Nobody respecting box junctions.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33265 on: January 16, 2022, 08:17:24 pm »
Haven't got this problem myself so I'm not sure if this would work; but have you tried watching in an Incognito tab?

You can watch without singing in of course, but then you get all the crap and not your targeted stuff (which is another rant, youtube ignoring my subscriptions and suggesting loads of rubbish). The google login leaves a cookie, but I delete mine frequently, which means new login and often a security warning. :-\

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33266 on: January 16, 2022, 08:19:21 pm »
Nobody respecting box junctions.

I hate this with a passion. It used to take me over 20 minutes to drive 200 yards from work, due to the stupid Manc twats all blocking the two boxes at the top of white city way and Chester Road.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33267 on: January 16, 2022, 09:12:22 pm »

Probably some sort of Americanisation shite of the English language.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33268 on: January 16, 2022, 09:18:05 pm »
On the driving theme, Why does everyman and his dog drive a massive feck off 4 x 4 nowadays??

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, halfway up a scree mountain side with numerous 2 ft deep fords to cross, what's the feckin point of them apart from keeping up with the joneses.

There is an elderly woman who regularly fills the local co-op car park with a ford ranger (if you dont know what 1 is think of the titanic on wheels) anyhoo she cant feckin drive it and has to do a 30000 point turn to get back off the car park, you live in stoke duck, you dont need 1, get something smaller than an ocean liner.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #33269 on: January 17, 2022, 10:59:22 am »
'Blue Monday' is a marketing exercise and it's sick that preying on peoples' mental health is a normal part of flogging last year's obsolete merchandise.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33270 on: January 17, 2022, 12:15:09 pm »
'Blue Monday' is a marketing exercise and it's sick that preying on peoples' mental health is a normal part of flogging last year's obsolete merchandise.

Totally agree. We've actually had a supportive email from our IT director this morning, pointing out its a myth and giving tips on mental health care.

Doesn't help though when my Google memories from this day in 2010/11/12 and 13 show photos of me sat by the pool in Tenerife :no

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #33271 on: January 17, 2022, 12:28:15 pm »
First day back in since the 22nd of December today (and 7 days in New York) and the cars sprung a coolant tank leak AND a soon to be flat battery, so its Everton-blue Monday for me today
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33272 on: January 17, 2022, 12:38:47 pm »
That seems to be the strategy behind most marketing.

Create a problem you didn't know you had, then sell you the 'answer'.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33273 on: January 17, 2022, 09:34:31 pm »
Prices of cars seem to have gone up and it's quite frustrating, especially as I was hoping to upgrade. Did a valuation on mine and I was expecting it to drop by about £600, but it's actually increased by that much. What gives?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33274 on: January 17, 2022, 09:51:34 pm »
Prices of cars seem to have gone up and it's quite frustrating, especially as I was hoping to upgrade. Did a valuation on mine and I was expecting it to drop by about £600, but it's actually increased by that much. What gives?

I'm the same and apparently it's down to lack of new cars being built due to not being able to get the computer chips for them.

Manufacturers can't compete with the tech companies 🤷

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #33275 on: January 17, 2022, 10:23:12 pm »
My neighbour still leaving her dog alone all day and it does nowt but bark. Six months later. I hate her so fucking much.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33276 on: January 18, 2022, 04:27:17 pm »
Fucking car alarms. There has been one going off constantly for most of yesterday and today, right outside my flat while I try to work.  :no

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33277 on: January 19, 2022, 09:10:39 am »

Yeah as Debs said above, it's due to their being a delay on new cars being built, which has led to the second-hand market booming.

As someone who is coming to the end of a PCP deal having gone massively over my mileage, it's fucking great though ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #33278 on: January 19, 2022, 05:29:56 pm »

As someone who is coming to the end of a PCP deal having gone massively over my mileage, it's fucking great though ;D

As someone whose 4-year lease ends in 6 months, no it's fucking not  :D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33279 on: January 19, 2022, 09:21:04 pm »

As someone whose 4-year lease ends in 6 months, no it's fucking not  :D

So it should be
If you had a guaranteed final payment on a lease, that’s what we have in the US then you could be quids in.

If it was for 10k and the car is worth 15k then you are 5k up if you trade in early or buy out, no ?