Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4002236 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread
« Reply #42920 on: October 1, 2021, 02:45:34 am »
It's all available in the cloud these days. In the other place they'd be behind a firewall.

Ha ha  ;D

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #42921 on: October 24, 2021, 10:29:31 am »
Screamin laffin here watching last night's SNL.

Remember the arse wipe thread a few years back?  About how sore the ringpiece can get before you wipe clean?

One poor bastard said he was so hairy it took half a roll at times.

They did a skit on how we dispose of our too soiled underwear in three plastic bags on disposal after a little accident, bad food, explosive cough, accidental shart, etc.

You wipe clean one minute, get home and it's a damn Rorschach Test!
Kill the humourless

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42922 on: December 22, 2021, 06:33:38 pm »
Not sure if this thread is obsolete or we are?

Happy Christmas one an all
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42923 on: December 30, 2021, 12:44:02 am »
Not sure if this thread is obsolete or we are?

Happy Christmas one an all
Just seen this so Christmas maybe out but seasons greetings Phil and everyone else
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #42924 on: December 30, 2021, 11:43:17 am »
Just seen this so Christmas maybe out but seasons greetings Phil and everyone else

A happy and prosperous new year to all the arl arses. One of my new year resolutions is to engage with this thread more. I hope Leo is well if he still reads this thread?  :wave
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #42925 on: December 30, 2021, 09:55:32 pm »
A happy and prosperous new year to all the arl arses. One of my new year resolutions is to engage with this thread more. I hope Leo is well if he still reads this thread?  :wave

Your silver bus profile pic…used to absolutely love them as a kid. They had posh seats as well, would get ecstatic if one came along 👌😁

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42926 on: December 30, 2021, 10:03:02 pm »
Your silver bus profile pic…used to absolutely love them as a kid. They had posh seats as well, would get ecstatic if one came along 👌😁

We only had green buses, never saw a silver one.

From memory buses in New Brighton were cream.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #42927 on: December 30, 2021, 10:42:34 pm »
First time I was on a bus in Liverpool heading to the ground, 1975ish, I got asked the time, when I told them, I heard "they are Taff's" and that was it...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42928 on: December 31, 2021, 01:00:32 am »

There'd be the odd one on the 78/79 route. I'd ask the connie if there was one due on Picton road. Used to shine in the sun

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42929 on: December 31, 2021, 05:36:32 pm »
We only had green buses, never saw a silver one.

From memory buses in New Brighton were cream.

Blue and cream over the water I think. Yeah green in Liverpool. I think there were maybe three or four silver ones. They used to occasionally do the 92 route from the Pier Head to Kirkby via Walton Vale were I was.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42930 on: December 31, 2021, 07:50:51 pm »
green in Liverpool.
and red - Ribble buses.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42931 on: December 31, 2021, 08:44:46 pm »
and red - Ribble buses.

Yes of course. Black Bull to Southport on the 302 I think.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42932 on: December 31, 2021, 08:58:44 pm »
Yes of course. Black Bull to Southport on the 302 I think.
and all over Bootle, Litherland etc. 57, 57A, 58, 59.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42933 on: December 31, 2021, 10:40:03 pm »
and red - Ribble buses.

Green - Crosville. Used to get it from Halewood to Hough Green.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #42934 on: January 22, 2022, 03:37:49 pm »
Bit quiet in here, like.   :o

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42935 on: January 22, 2022, 06:42:33 pm »
Bit quiet in here, like.   :o
a lot mid-day snoozing.  :)

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #42936 on: February 20, 2022, 07:21:01 pm »
I used to frequent RAWK a lot during the G&H era. I used to really look forward to Fat Scouser's posts. How is he doing? I checked that he last posted in 2018.
Justice for the 96

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42937 on: February 20, 2022, 09:13:40 pm »
I used to frequent RAWK a lot during the G&H era. I used to really look forward to Fat Scouser's posts. How is he doing? I checked that he last posted in 2018.
Met up with Leo and his Missus a couple of times when they were home in Liverpool. Had a fair few chats on the phone as well. When I say chats, he'd talk for about an hour and I would listen.  ;D
Other than that, haven't heard from him for a while.
Hope he is ok.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42938 on: February 21, 2022, 03:59:59 am »
Is this anyone on here?
Goes by Mick, good looking, can play a tune, smokes Woodbines  ;D

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/beatles-superfan-wants-reunite-mick-23142758

...wearing all black and gold medallions against his black turtle neck..."He had curly, blondish hair, curled into a curl that kind of fell on his forehead, black boots and smoking a cigarette - not in a typical way, but using his thumb and forefinger he would hold his cigarette smoking."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42939 on: February 21, 2022, 06:41:06 am »
I emailed him in 2020 during lockdown. He was ok then, still fighting for his good cause.
This site definitely misses him.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42940 on: February 21, 2022, 11:44:35 am »
Met up with Leo and his Missus a couple of times when they were home in Liverpool. Had a fair few chats on the phone as well. When I say chats, he'd talk for about an hour and I would listen.  ;D
Other than that, haven't heard from him for a while.
Hope he is ok.

Terry, Had an email from Leo just before Christmas about 2 months back when I was wondering how he was. So I fired off a PM to both. Leo told me had dropped in on RAWK for the first time in ages and spotted my message. Was also happy to hear from Albie around that time too. Both of them are thankfully ok although Albie was having a bit of health trouble at the time. Not heard from either since I replied to their mails but then again,I've not chased 'em either.
Good lads both of 'em but they felt the place that used to be bouncing in a very good way, seemed to have parted company from what it once was.
John
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42941 on: February 21, 2022, 01:19:02 pm »
Terry, Had an email from Leo just before Christmas about 2 months back when I was wondering how he was. So I fired off a PM to both. Leo told me had dropped in on RAWK for the first time in ages and spotted my message. Was also happy to hear from Albie around that time too. Both of them are thankfully ok although Albie was having a bit of health trouble at the time. Not heard from either since I replied to their mails but then again,I've not chased 'em either.
Good lads both of 'em but they felt the place that used to be bouncing in a very good way, seemed to have parted company from what it once was.
John
Nice one John.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42942 on: February 21, 2022, 03:33:23 pm »
Is this anyone on here?
Goes by Mick, good looking, can play a tune, smokes Woodbines  ;D

Mags may have chinned him in a pub after overhearing a disparaging comment about animules.
Kill the humourless

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42943 on: February 21, 2022, 03:38:28 pm »
John

Get your arse back on here too, Johnno. Fuck the politics thread, mate. Full of neo-liberals....*runs for cover*  ;D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42944 on: February 21, 2022, 08:47:48 pm »
Get your arse back on here too, Johnno. Fuck the politics thread, mate. Full of neo-liberals....*runs for cover*  ;D

All OK with you Bobby lad? I'll be bobbing in now and again mate - whenever I need a good laugh or maybe the way this fucking Tory mob are still shafting us, I might have to have a fucking blast at any appeasers/apologists on that very thread.

Best wishes to all the good 'uns still here mate.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42945 on: February 21, 2022, 10:23:13 pm »
All OK with you Bobby lad? I'll be bobbing in now and again mate - whenever I need a good laugh or maybe the way this fucking Tory mob are still shafting us, I might have to have a fucking blast at any appeasers/apologists on that very thread.

Best wishes to all the good 'uns still here mate.

I’m good pal. The ‘good ‘uns’ still here very much include you mate

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just saw this and wondering if there any any Hopie lads or lasses left that remember this at Sats mats.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GUBhE00h9U0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GUBhE00h9U0</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
Just saw this and wondering if there any any Hopie lads or lasses left that remember this at Sats mats.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GUBhE00h9U0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GUBhE00h9U0</a>

I remember Hoppalong Cassidy's horse, Topper, Lone Ranger's Hi-ho Silver, Roy Roger's Trigger & Champion the Wonder horse. And on the Telly, Two Gun Tex from Texas' talking horse Rocky, Four Feather Falls. How's that, Kemo-Sabe?
Victorious and glorious....

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan

I remember Hoppalong Cassidy's horse, Topper, Lone Ranger's Hi-ho Silver, Roy Roger's Trigger & Champion the Wonder horse. And on the Telly, Two Gun Tex from Texas' talking horse Rocky, Four Feather Falls. How's that, Kemo-Sabe?

You missed out Hoppie's sidekick Lucky Jenkins mate! Eeh Hoppie wouldn't go anywhere without him!! ::) ::)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42949 on: March 11, 2022, 09:35:27 am »

The only talking horse I remember was Mister Ed but on telly there was The Big Valley, Maverick, Sugarfoot, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke and a bit later Bonanza and The High Chapperal. My grandad got me into cowies, I'd read his pocket size story magazines...they were called somethin' but can't remember what... Loved them ever since, still do

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42950 on: March 11, 2022, 05:24:28 pm »
Colour?  Bleeding colour?

Luxury!!

When I were a lad back in '56, a Yank dating me Auntie brought a comic book over.  First colour kids book I ever saw other than the annuals we used to get of the Beano, Dandy, Lion, Eagle. All our weekly
shite was B/W.

The Yank gave me a 10c coin (a dime) tiny thing the size of a farthing, was all it cost.  Amazing.

Still got the annuals.  Funniest bit was the cowboy baddie riding away from the goodie yelling over his shoulder "You shan't catch me!"
Kill the humourless

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #42951 on: March 11, 2022, 05:56:00 pm »
50 today so i am officially an auld arse,
Y.N.W.A.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42952 on: March 11, 2022, 06:04:55 pm »

Gun smoke, Mr Dillon and Chester. Sea quest (Lloyd Bridges) and Ivanhoe (Roger Moore) we’re the only things that we get me away from playing on a bombsite.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42953 on: March 11, 2022, 06:46:01 pm »
Happy birthday Sarge mate.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42954 on: March 11, 2022, 06:48:21 pm »
Gun smoke, Mr Dillon and Chester. Sea quest (Lloyd Bridges) and Ivanhoe (Roger Moore) we’re the only things that we get me away from playing on a bombsite.
and Robin Hood.  :)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #42955 on: March 11, 2022, 06:56:05 pm »
Happy birthday Sarge mate.

Cheers Jon, off out for my Party with the Wife, daughters, family and friends.

Y.N.W.A.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42956 on: March 11, 2022, 06:59:36 pm »
and Robin Hood.  :)

Richard Greene in saggy tights.

And Landburger Gessler in William Tell, the template for a generation of Bond villains.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42957 on: March 11, 2022, 11:39:47 pm »

Our bombed buildings were across from the Phil on Sugnall & Caledonia.
Kill the humourless

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42958 on: March 12, 2022, 09:10:30 am »
These?

Yeah, Terry, me grandad had loads of them, just like these

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42959 on: March 12, 2022, 09:11:52 am »

You're only a young whipper snapper, Sarge