Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 664957 times)

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #5520 on: October 6, 2019, 01:13:00 am »
Linekers little trick of ‘talk at the camera - and then turn and smirk to his cronies about his previous “hilarious” comment ‘ is really really starting to grate on me. He does it every week now. It’s like ‘Hey this is what £1.8m a year gets you licence payers - I am fucking good aren’t I’

No you’re not good, you’re just an annoying prick.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5521 on: October 6, 2019, 01:18:58 am »
You have no need for it. Millions do.

Answer: Stop watching it and you won’t have to moan about it.

Surprisingly, not everyone has the same opinions.

The problem with MOTD is that virtually every pundit who appears on the programme is represented by one agency. Unsurprisingly those pundits have an agenda that promotes said agency and it's clients.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #5522 on: October 6, 2019, 01:28:08 am »
Those two only talking about Klopp and Mane to deflect everyone's attention from the fact they are baldy arsed gobshites.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5523 on: October 6, 2019, 01:28:53 am »
The problem with MOTD is that virtually every pundit who appears on the programme is represented by one agency. Unsurprisingly those pundits have an agenda that promotes said agency and it's clients.

Interesting, didn't know that though it's not a massive surprise. Is it by any chance the same agency that represents Milner, given Linekars crowbarred in question about a new contract?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5524 on: October 6, 2019, 01:33:37 am »

They’re just awful

Hansen has never been replaced. Since his departure it’s been 5 years of the likes of Jenas stating the obvious and Danny Murphys bitter agenda

Shearer is probably the best of a terrible bunch but that’s not saying much.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5525 on: October 6, 2019, 01:46:07 am »
They’re just awful

Hansen has never been replaced. Since his departure it’s been 5 years of the likes of Jenas stating the obvious and Danny Murphys bitter agenda

All of the pundits you have mentioned are clients of the same agency. That isn't a MOTD problem though look at Sky and it is the same thing. Listen to a pundit spout Xenophobic ill uneducated crap and then look at who their agents are.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #5526 on: October 6, 2019, 08:18:51 am »
Their opinion on the penalty isn't worth getting riled up over, it's subjective and people will have differing viewpoints. However, that 'deflection' comment by Lineker and Murphy was positively disgraceful. It was absolutely pathetic and lays bare that they are low-grade filth who'll say anything to remain relevant.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5527 on: October 6, 2019, 08:44:20 am »
Their opinion on the penalty isn't worth getting riled up over, it's subjective and people will have differing viewpoints. However, that 'deflection' comment by Lineker and Murphy was positively disgraceful. It was absolutely pathetic and lays bare that they are low-grade filth who'll say anything to remain relevant.

I know it's a bit subjective, but that all three of them managed to agree that it was a dive is stunning. At worst it's very debatable, no way is it a clear dive.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5528 on: October 6, 2019, 08:52:39 am »
To my mind a dive is a clear fall when there’s no contact or almost as bad a Kane/Vardy style ‘inviting’ of contact. Sadio got a kick, not a huge one but by going to ground he gave the ref a decision to make. That’s not a dive.

I do think that had he stayed on his feet we might not have got it, Rodgers is probably right that VAR wouldn’t have overturned a decision not to give it but then we, and probably those same pundits would be having a conversation that Mane should have been cuter and gone to ground. Absolutely hypocrisy for them to say otherwise.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5529 on: October 6, 2019, 09:17:28 am »
I was about to turn off MOTD and I almost forgot about this rabble giving us all a laugh as per usual.

And what was really funny was that the Burnley goal was the mirror image of a similar close call earlier in the game. To make matters worse Keane noticed Hendricks was free, made some Pickfordesque hand gestures and then did fuckall.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5530 on: October 6, 2019, 10:31:03 am »
To my mind a dive is a clear fall when there’s no contact or almost as bad a Kane/Vardy style ‘inviting’ of contact. Sadio got a kick, not a huge one but by going to ground he gave the ref a decision to make. That’s not a dive.

I do think that had he stayed on his feet we might not have got it, Rodgers is probably right that VAR wouldn’t have overturned a decision not to give it but then we, and probably those same pundits would be having a conversation that Mane should have been cuter and gone to ground. Absolutely hypocrisy for them to say otherwise.

That's been my issue for ages, if a player is fouled but stays on their feet, 9 times out of 10 they will get nothing. By going to ground, it draws the referees attention to what has gone on. It's amazing though that they had no issue with the ref giving this one

Kane and Alli are cheats

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5531 on: October 6, 2019, 10:32:23 am »
Gary Lineker - £ 1,750,000   - £ 1,754,999
Alan Shearer - £ 440,000 - £ 444,999

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/02/bbc-hands-stars-11m-pay-rise-cutting-free-tv-licences-over/

How can that be justified?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5532 on: October 6, 2019, 11:08:43 am »
I guess I would talk shit if I suffered from severe baldness or I would use double standards when it comes favourite English strikers for teams that I played for in the past and other forwards.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5533 on: October 6, 2019, 11:10:22 am »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/02/bbc-hands-stars-11m-pay-rise-cutting-free-tv-licences-over/

Because its one of the biggest programmes on TV. Guarantee that Carragher and Neville are on similar money.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5534 on: October 6, 2019, 11:12:13 am »
They’re just awful

I would say Ian Wright is the best of the bunch and he seems to have a genuine liking for us as well. I can't stand Shearer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5535 on: October 6, 2019, 11:16:43 am »

This is where I am with it. The amount of times I have heard them saying it is a penalty if there is contact. Like the Van Dijk one against Lamela when they all said it was a penalty.

I don't think it should be a penalty but it is now with the rules unfortunately. And as you say, if you don't go down you don't get a penalty. Salah found this out in his first year here and then decided to start going down in his second.

What I don't like from the Match of the Day presenters is that they flip flop on what they say is and isn't a penalty in similar circumstances.

I have been saying for a few years now. I have no idea what a penalty is now.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #5536 on: October 6, 2019, 11:18:11 am »
I would say Ian Wright is the best of the bunch and he seems to have a genuine liking for us as well. I can't stand Shearer.

A bit simplistic but I've always thought that Wright seems to love open attacking football ... Shearer and Murphy love the cloggers and bus parking merchants.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5537 on: October 6, 2019, 11:22:11 am »
Da Da Da Da Duda da da da
Da Da Duda Da Da
Da Da Duda Da Da
Da Da Duda Da Da
Da Da Da Dada Dada Da Da
Da Da Da Dada Dada Da Da
Da Da Da Dada Dada Da
Duda Duda Duda Da Da Da
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5538 on: October 6, 2019, 11:23:18 am »
Because its one of the biggest programmes on TV. Guarantee that Carragher and Neville are on similar money.
You are happy with the TV licence that you have no choice in paying is being used to fund these dickheads obscene wages? I guarantee that if they were replaced with a cactus and a monkey the viewing figures would be the same. In fact they would most likely be higher.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5539 on: October 6, 2019, 11:23:36 am »
A bit simplistic but I've always thought that Wright seems to love open attacking football ... Shearer and Murphy love the cloggers and bus parking merchants.

I would agree he has an appreciation of the thoughts and actions of the striker being one himself, a good call about Shearer and Murphy. It's probably why they don't have Wright on as he isn't controversial enough.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5540 on: October 6, 2019, 11:31:26 am »
Murphy saying Klopp was complaining about Mo’s injury (which was a normal tackle apparently) to deflect from the pen which was a dive. Could he be anymore of a bitter prick?

Murphy is a thumb headed nonce, pass it on.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5541 on: October 6, 2019, 11:33:54 am »

Just don't watch it. It's shite so why put yourself through it? The fewer people watch it the more chance awful auntie will bin lineker and his band of gimps off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5542 on: October 6, 2019, 11:38:39 am »
I would agree he has an appreciation of the thoughts and actions of the striker being one himself, a good call about Shearer and Murphy. It's probably why they don't have Wright on as he isn't controversial enough.

I would never say Shearer and Murphy are controversial. Just dull as dishwater.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5543 on: October 6, 2019, 11:40:12 am »
Just don't watch it. It's shite so why put yourself through it? The fewer people watch it the more chance awful auntie will bin lineker and his band of gimps off.

It’s a simple answer but not a good resolution when people want to watch the highlights of their team and some replays after it which we pay for with our license fee. We shouldn’t have to sit and listen to idiots with conflict driven viewpoints. It needs to stop having this clear agenda to polities things and have a more balanced approach.

Just look at the quality of the athletics coverage and people like Johnson, Backley and Minichiello. Absolute worlds apart but for some reason MOTD thinks it needs to dumb down for knuckle draggers.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #5544 on: October 6, 2019, 11:43:14 am »
Will you all just fuck off with the bald comments...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5545 on: October 6, 2019, 11:48:14 am »
Will you all just fuck off with the bald comments...

Here, here.

Shearer and Murphy's lack of tonsorial exuberance has nothing to do with the fact they are a pair of miserable boors.

I know, for a fact, there are plenty of cheerful and knowledgeable bald men - except for Mussolini, of course.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5546 on: October 6, 2019, 11:49:02 am »
It’s a simple answer but not a good resolution when people want to watch the highlights of their team and some replays after it which we pay for with our license fee. We shouldn’t have to sit and listen to idiots with conflict driven viewpoints. It needs to stop having this clear agenda to polities things and have a more balanced approach.

Just look at the quality of the athletics coverage and people like Johnson, Backley and Minichiello. Absolute worlds apart but for some reason MOTD thinks it needs to dumb down for knuckle draggers.

Have a look at the Big Match revisted on BT. Brian Moore sat in a studio, shows the game, couple of interviews afterwards. That is all I want from my coverage, not 3 meffs spouting shite afterwards. Get rid of those muppets, extend the footy shown, perfect highlights show then.

The programme itself still has a worth, but not in the format it is in and not paying those morons to present it.

« Last Edit: October 6, 2019, 11:52:55 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5547 on: October 6, 2019, 11:54:24 am »
Have a look at the Big Match revisted on BT. Brian Moore sat in a studio, shows the game, couple of interviews afterwards. That is all I want from my coverage, not 3 meffs spouting shite afterwards. Get rid of those muppets, extend the footy shown, perfect highlights show then.
It was fine when Hansen was on it. Linekar is fine and I like the analysis afterwards but agree that it should be with someone better than Danny Murphy or Jermaine Jenas.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5548 on: October 6, 2019, 12:04:09 pm »
Here, here.

Shearer and Murphy's lack of tonsorial exuberance has nothing to do with the fact they are a pair of miserable boors.

I know, for a fact, there are plenty of cheerful and knowledgeable bald men - except for Mussolini, of course.

Yeah, the baldness is incidental to the twatishness.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5549 on: October 6, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »
Lineker on Mane.

Lineker on Kane vs Arsenal the other week.

No hypocrisy or xenophobia there.  ::)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5550 on: October 6, 2019, 01:08:57 pm »
Murphy saying Klopp was complaining about Mo’s injury (which was a normal tackle apparently) to deflect from the pen which was a dive. Could he be anymore of a bitter prick?

Danny Murphy is a meff.  Talking about football like it's the 19 fucking 70s where players were expected to walk off leg breakers.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5551 on: October 6, 2019, 01:11:03 pm »
Here, here.

And Donald Trump.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5552 on: October 6, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »
m
Wright is extremely likeable guy but offers about as much tactical insight as a my mum
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5553 on: October 6, 2019, 01:13:57 pm »
Who the fuck cares anyway? If it was Harry Kane they’d all be saying how clever he was for going down for
Feeling contact in the box and it’s a definite pen. They’re a bunch of broken ex footballing c*nts then lot of em.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5554 on: October 6, 2019, 01:18:16 pm »

In the full post match interview on their website Klopp calls out the bbc reporter on the "tackle" on Salah and walks off so of course they had to have a pop back.
They'll be back to circle jerking over the manc sides this evening.

If it was just a highlights package, main/best games extended highlights and the goals from the rest, without lineker smarming all over it then maybe I'd watch again.
As it is stands there are far better ways to waste my time on a saturday evening.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5555 on: October 6, 2019, 01:37:05 pm »
They wouldn't of dared utter the D word if that was Sir Harry. Epitome of cowardice and more than a little xenophobic, Linekar included. Then saying Klopp is delfecting...FROM WHAT?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5556 on: October 6, 2019, 01:41:40 pm »
Danny Murphy is a meff.  Talking about football like it's the 19 fucking 70s where players were expected to walk off leg breakers.

Yeah but it makes him feel like a big hard man next to the other wannabe big hard man.

If it was just a highlights package, main/best games extended highlights and the goals from the rest, without lineker smarming all over it then maybe I'd watch again.
As it is stands there are far better ways to waste my time on a saturday evening.

I hardly watch it nowadays, but just annoys me when I do watch as it's something we should be able to enjoy but they prefer to pander to the hoards of rivals fan gimps.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5557 on: October 6, 2019, 01:41:59 pm »
They wouldn't of dared utter the D word if that was Sir Harry. Epitome of cowardice and more than a little xenophobic, Linekar included. Then saying Klopp is delfecting...FROM WHAT?

From the fair tackle that Choudhruy commited on Mo.  :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5558 on: October 6, 2019, 02:05:20 pm »
From the fair tackle that Choudhruy commited on Mo.  :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

Which he said was a tired tackle. Five minutes into Choudhrey's game. Their preplanned assassination. It's almost as if that Hodgson loving dinosaur Murphy doesn't like foreign footballers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/3554300.stm

"There was an influx of Spanish and foreign players and staff and that took away from what Liverpool was all about. It has been going on for years."

Talking like Liverpool isn't an international city. Parochial little englander bellend
« Last Edit: October 6, 2019, 02:09:58 pm by Classycara »

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5559 on: October 6, 2019, 02:05:38 pm »
Lineker on Mane.

Lineker on Kane vs Arsenal the other week.

No hypocrisy or xenophobia there.  ::)

Well there you go.

On the topic of the format of MOTD why can't we have some decent tactical insight? They really do dumb down their football coverage because I guess they want to keep it as mainstream as possible. Their comments add no worth though.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."