Author Topic: Christmas is here... apparently.  (Read 49188 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: Christmas is here... apparently.
« Reply #40 on: November 4, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »
Ok, where can i buy shit loads of cheesy xmas decorations. Im talking 70s' paper bells and shit gold ceiling decs. I want complete old school SHIT. Sod this new crap, im gonna do me own paper chains as well.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #41 on: November 4, 2013, 04:52:00 pm »
Ok, where can i buy shit loads of cheesy xmas decorations. Im talking 70s' paper bells and shit gold ceiling decs. I want complete old school SHIT. Sod this new crap, im gonna do me own paper chains as well.

Poundland or equivalents or rob them from your local Primary School.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #42 on: November 4, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »
It took me ages to change all the names back...
You could give us all temporary mod powers and we could change them back for you.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 4, 2013, 05:02:02 pm »
You could give us all temporary mod powers and we could change them back for you.

Do you want anarchy on RAWK?  ;D

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #44 on: November 4, 2013, 05:02:46 pm »
Yes, anarchy.................... Its time the masses took over the gaff.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #45 on: November 4, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »
Do you want anarchy on RAWK?  ;D
Power to the people!

Offline Red4Life1978

• Justice Rottweiler
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: November 4, 2013, 05:34:43 pm »
Only 8 weeks and you will be able to buy your Easter Eggs!

All part of the supermarkets clever manipulation to make each event bigger each year - as soon as kids are back to school Xmas begins.
"it was not a failure of the system in operation, but a failure of the Police to operate the system at all."

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: November 4, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »
Christmas is the best time of the year

I always feel sorry for the people who have birthdays at christmas

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 4, 2013, 06:24:02 pm »
Just got a good bargain for my missus Christmas present, Gucci Rush at the perfume shop, saved Ł23 and free delivery. Think the money saved will be going on a bottle of JD.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #49 on: November 4, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »
Christmas is the best time of the year

I always feel sorry for the people who have birthdays at christmas
I feel sorry for Nick aswell. For many reasons.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #50 on: November 4, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »
Just got a good bargain for my missus Christmas present, Gucci Rush at the perfume shop, saved Ł23 and free delivery. Think the money saved will be going on a bottle of JD.
Get her that and a dildo.

If she doesn't like the perfume she can got fuck herself.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51 on: November 4, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »
I feel sorry for Nick aswell. For many reasons.

It's actually mid November. But one of my offspring has a birthday less than a week later so my cards get fucked off and he gets all the special treatment. Just because he's 4. Makes you sick.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #52 on: November 4, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »
John C's loft.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #53 on: November 4, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »
It's Nov 4th, its fair game IMO. I absolutely love Xmas, I'm 29 and I never grew out of it!! Days off work, spend time with friends and family, eat loads of food and watch lots of footy, brilliant. Plus, the films and music are class too! I cant wait to watch Scrooged, Home Alone, Elf et all again!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 4, 2013, 07:07:50 pm »
November seems a bit late. Most of the stores have been tempting us with Cadburys Christmas snow star cakes for a couple of months.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55 on: November 4, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »
John C's loft.

Do you have a good rummage in his loft often?

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 4, 2013, 07:56:44 pm »
I don't mind christmas adverts after November the 5th, Not sure why but before then I'm not keen on it the christmas stuff.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 4, 2013, 08:11:15 pm »
Here in the US, I love Christmas season from about December 1st onward. I hate this overwhelming October/ November XMas stuff though. It interferes with our Thanksgiving in late November, when we celebrate how we won North America from the natives in a poker game.  :-X
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 4, 2013, 08:18:16 pm »
It's actually mid November. But one of my offspring has a birthday less than a week later so my cards get fucked off and he gets all the special treatment. Just because he's 4. Makes you sick.
Hasn't even earned that sort of honour yet, the little bugger!

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 4, 2013, 08:26:12 pm »
I bought my first Christmas presents this weekend just gone. I'm glad I've made a start as even though I've not got many to buy for, I struggle for ideas for them usually. I don't want to be hearing Christmas songs in the shops until December though.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #60 on: November 4, 2013, 08:45:21 pm »
I can't get enough of Baby Jesus. And it's just great to see so many people take pride in their religion.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #61 on: November 4, 2013, 09:04:02 pm »
I can't get enough of Baby Jesus. And it's just great to see so many people take pride in their religion.
There was celebration's in the middle of winter before Christianity, the Church just gave it a name change and decided it was when Jesus was born. Christianity had nothing to do with the festival before, it doesn't have to now either. Hallelujah!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 4, 2013, 09:11:13 pm »
It is for my little girl, my grand-daughter to be precise - She's just spent the day meeting the people from the Northern Lights Charity. She's one of only 24 kids in the UK, now booked to fly out on the 18th of December, to spend 3 days meeting the 'real' father Christmas in Lapland.

If ever there were a group of kids who needed to believe in miracles and the thought of all things good, its these 24 kids.

Happy Christmas.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 4, 2013, 09:13:11 pm »
Excellent, Chopper.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: November 4, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »
It does seem that they start earlier recently than I remember, but not sure as I'm not normally in the shops, been in more recently as I'm off sick.

Week ago today I went Christmas shopping with the wife and buying deccys and have been ordering lego all weekend for the kids presents. I'm making the most of being off sick and will walk over to the Trafford Centre tomorrow morning to get the wife's presents.

Aye sounds like you're at deaths door mate.  Good luck with getting better!

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 4, 2013, 09:17:07 pm »
Excellent, Chopper.
Cheers buddy.

Today has made a very life and world hardened old bastard, shed a tear watching a child smile so much. She deserves it.

*I probably need to cry more as well to be fair. It doesn't half make you feel good, somehow*

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 4, 2013, 09:19:56 pm »
Cheers buddy.

Today has made a very life and world hardened old bastard, shed a tear watching a child smile so much. She deserves it.

*I probably need to cry more as well to be fair. It doesn't half make you feel good, somehow*
Bollocks, stop being soft. You're a cantankerous old twat, and don't forget it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67 on: November 4, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »
Yeah, he's turning into fat scouser :)

Hope it was a day to remember chopper.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 4, 2013, 09:24:26 pm »
You're right. I need to get over to the main forum and wade straight in. That'll get me back on form.......... ;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 4, 2013, 10:00:49 pm »
Aye sounds like you're at deaths door mate.  Good luck with getting better!

Yeah it does sound like I'm having a skive  ;D I've actually got a slipped disc, cant sit down for more than afew minutes and when I get up I walk like Quasimodo and seeing as I spend all day at a desk I cant go to work. Been agony for the past month.

There was celebration's in the middle of winter before Christianity, the Church just gave it a name change and decided it was when Jesus was born. Christianity had nothing to do with the festival before, it doesn't have to now either. Hallelujah!

The Norse/Germanic festival of Jul (Yule)

Celebration of the Norse New Year; a festival of 12 nights.  This is the most important of all the Norse holidays.  On the night of December 20, the god Ingvi Freyr rides over the earth on the back of his shining boar, bringing Light and Love back into the World.  In later years, after the influence of Christianity, the god Baldur, then Jesus, was reborn at this festival.  Jul signifies the beginning and end of all things; the darkest time (shortest hour of daylight) during the year and the brightest hope re-entering the world.  During this festival, the Wild Hunt is at its greatest fervor, and the dead are said to range the Earth in its retinue.  The god Wotan (Odin) is the leader of this Wild Ride; charging across the sky on his eight-legged horse, Sleipnir; a very awe-inspiring vision.  In ancient times, Germanic and Norse children would leave their boots out by the hearth on Solstice Eve, filled with hay and sugar, for Sleipnir's journey.  In return, Wotan would leave them a gift for their kindness.  In modern times, Sleipnir was changed to a reindeer and the grey-bearded Wotan became the kindly Santa Claus (Father Christmas).

http://www.wizardrealm.com/norse/holidays.html
« Last Edit: November 4, 2013, 10:12:58 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 4, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, my local waitrose had Christmas stuff next to the Halloween shit. That's just wrong.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #71 on: November 5, 2013, 04:13:27 am »
I was seeing Christmas decorations for sale as early as late September.

Part of why people like Christmas is that it's a short little festive time. When it's creeping toward a full quarter of the year it loses it's specialness and becomes retailers milking people.

Also, once get to be a teenager you've heard the damn songs a million times. I will never understand how a culture can willfully subject itself to the same 15 songs over and over for 2 months straight, every year, for generations. I don't care about how much you act like Whitney Houston and SUSTA-E-A-E-A-E-A-E-A-E-A-E-A-E-AIN notes, it's still the same song it was 60 years ago.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 5, 2013, 05:24:35 am »
If you can watch all of this, you are ready for Christmas

http://youtu.be/MpkI7GW2V34

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #73 on: November 5, 2013, 05:53:59 am »
Looking forward to the office parties?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #74 on: November 5, 2013, 11:22:21 am »
On the night of December 20, the god Ingvi Freyr rides over the earth on the back of his shining boar, bringing Light and Love back into the World.
Waaaaay better than a child being born in a barn.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 5, 2013, 11:27:40 am »
Waaaaay better than a child being born in a barn.

The Christian version sounds like something off Jeremy Kyle - honest I haven't shagged anyone, God made me pregnant by magic.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #76 on: November 5, 2013, 11:31:12 am »
The Christian version sounds like something off Jeremy Kyle - honest I haven't shagged anyone, God made me pregnant by magic.
Loads of weird hangers on popping in as well and farm animals.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 5, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »
Loads of weird hangers on popping in as well and farm animals.
sounds like a weird Porno

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 5, 2013, 06:56:18 pm »
sounds like a weird Porno
I miss Effes.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 5, 2013, 07:14:41 pm »