Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 170273 times)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #2280 on: May 23, 2018, 12:25:20 pm »
Exactly mate. Every fucker getting on the 'rip us off' bandwagon.

Happy with that Blag one off Amazon for 8 quid anyway. :)

well mines turned up. good job ive got a big head!!! assume its one size fits all on the basis it could fit two in it!

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: May 23, 2018, 12:40:40 pm »
One of our group who booked on with World Choice day trip has just received his confirmation. Flying out of L'pool at 11pm Friday night and back early hours Sunday. Supposed to be a day trip but due to slots they are leaving on the Friday night. Madness.

Anyone else had anything from them today? I'm still waiting for my confirmation.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2282 on: May 23, 2018, 01:35:15 pm »
Finished work just now, great feeling walking out with this to look forward to!

If anyone's flying out of Manc airport tonight and fancies a bevvie, drop me a pm. Flying at 7pm so will be about from 5 ish
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:56 pm »
One of our group who booked on with World Choice day trip has just received his confirmation. Flying out of L'pool at 11pm Friday night and back early hours Sunday. Supposed to be a day trip but due to slots they are leaving on the Friday night. Madness.

Anyone else had anything from them today? I'm still waiting for my confirmation.

it seems World Choice have completely fucked up then. Top marks. Most others seem to have reasonable times.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2284 on: May 23, 2018, 01:46:27 pm »

still waiting here... was expecting 9.15 outbound on the saturday and 12.00 return on the sunday...

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: May 23, 2018, 01:47:40 pm »
it seems World Choice have completely fucked up then. Top marks. Most others seem to have reasonable times.

What flights did you book and then end up with mate, if you dont mind me asking?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: May 23, 2018, 01:52:27 pm »
What flights did you book and then end up with mate, if you dont mind me asking?

I was the £100 non refundable down before the 2nd leg, so got "Plane 1" day trip from Manchester.

Ended up with :

26/5/18    MAN-KBP DEP 11:00 ARRIVE 16:15

27/05/18  KBP-MAN DEP 02:30 ARRIVE 04:05

both pretty shite. Looks like they took everyones money, advertised several flights now struggling to fit them all in.

My cousin is on "plane 2" but hasn't had anything yet.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:56:11 pm by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: May 23, 2018, 01:57:27 pm »
well mines turned up. good job ive got a big head!!! assume its one size fits all on the basis it could fit two in it!

Mines dropped through the letterbox.

I too am a fat head and it fits great. Love it :)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2288 on: May 23, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »
I was the £100 non refundable down before the 2nd leg, so got "Plane 1" day trip from Manchester.

Ended up with :

both pretty shite. Looks like they took everyones money, advertised several flights now struggling to fit them all in.

The return leg might be close but I doubt it will leave until everyone is there

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #2289 on: May 23, 2018, 02:00:47 pm »
Travelled with both WorldChoiceSports and SportOptions - definitely prefer SportOptions

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2290 on: May 23, 2018, 02:00:53 pm »
some (sort of clarification) for me at least... i have just spoken to world choice sports.

I am on the Ethiopian Airlines dreamliner. Flight times they have requested are 10am on the saturday and 13.30 on the sunday.
They are still awaiting confirmation on these flight times, along with another 2 flights

I asked how much some of the other flight times had changed . the one that appears to have been referenced above was supposed to be a 4am out on the saturday and is now 11pm on the friday due to slots being unavailable. She said another flight had moved 2 hours, and for one it stayed as requested

I asked whether in all likelihood the dreamliner one was going to be dragged forward in the same way but she wasnt able to comment yet.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: May 23, 2018, 02:02:50 pm »
Our confirmation came through from World Sports, only delayed departure time by a couple of hours both journeys so not arsed. Leaving from Heathrow on Sat and Kiev on Sun.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: May 23, 2018, 02:06:19 pm »
The return leg might be close but I doubt it will leave until everyone is there

Its more the outbound - had it in my head would get a reasonable amount of time out there to meet up with mates in the afternoon.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2293 on: May 23, 2018, 02:15:52 pm »

Bloody hell, that's a bit rough! We're on the 10.10am from Liverpool, back 12.50pm Sunday. Not overly impressed but could have been worse looking at others.

Deffo sticking with Sport Options in future if I need a day trip.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21:08 pm »
Its more the outbound - had it in my head would get a reasonable amount of time out there to meet up with mates in the afternoon.

Whilst this may not be perfect, you'll still get a good bit of time cos it doesn't kick off til about 10 local time?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2295 on: May 23, 2018, 02:25:12 pm »
Whilst this may not be perfect, you'll still get a good bit of time cos it doesn't kick off til about 10 local time?

no absolutely - not meaning to moan.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: May 23, 2018, 02:29:45 pm »

Know what you mean but will be sound mate - get into the city, get a crate of ale for about 2p, go to shevchenko park and enjoy the entertainment

Im in a similar boat, my mates get there at 11 and im in at 14:00 with TC

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2297 on: May 23, 2018, 03:35:26 pm »
I`m on that 11pm "day return" flight  :o

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
« Reply #2298 on: May 23, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »
Has anyone been able to speak to world choice today, I haven’t been able to get through. I’m meant to be on the 9:30am Manc flight, has anyone had any updated times for this one?
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2299 on: May 23, 2018, 03:50:24 pm »
Our confirmation came through from World Sports, only delayed departure time by a couple of hours both journeys so not arsed. Leaving from Heathrow on Sat and Kiev on Sun.

Think we might be on the same flight  ;)

Yea it's all come through, better have for the price! 

We are on a South African Airways departing at 10:15 from LHR T2, return is at 16:20
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #2300 on: May 23, 2018, 04:13:19 pm »
I'm awful at dimensions and don't own a measuring tape. I'm guessing a normal rucksack size is fine according to their leaflet?

According to the UEFA literature, the maximum size of the bag that you can take into the stadium is 45 x 25 x 20 cms.

The size of the bag that i was going to take with me on my trip to Kiev is bigger than that. So either I am going to have to find another bag or leave it in the locker area near to LFC fan park.

Offline tesh1e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #2301 on: May 23, 2018, 04:21:25 pm »
Im flying out of Kiev with Vuelving Sunday 4am and ive just received this via email from the airline. Completely contradictory to the guidance issued by Liverpool (which suggests maybe it only applies to chartered flights and not scheduled)????

"Due to security measures and the high number of fans who will be travelling on special flights to the Champions League finals to and from Kiev, you should take into account the following special conditions and recommendations so that you arrive on time on your flight and avoid inconvenience.

Special conditions imposed by the authorities:

-For all flights with origin or destination No Schengen it is essential to complete the passenger information in advance (API). This information can be completed in the section API of our web http://www.vueling.com/en/vueling-services/prepare-your-trip/procedures-api-

-You will obtain the boarding card at the airport of the outbound flight. In this case it is essential to arrive at the airport 2:30 h in advance.

-In the express request of the authorities, only carry-on baggage may be accepted and baggage check-in is not available.

-Bear in mind that there willnot be pre-assignment seats.

You should also take into account the following recommendations:

-You must take the boarding passes with you both for the outbound flight and for the return flight.

-It is the responsibility of the passenger to arrive at the airport in advance enough to arrive on time on the flight. We recommend you go to the airport at the end of the game.

We wish you a nice flight and we hope you enjoy the match!

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
« Reply #2302 on: May 23, 2018, 04:41:52 pm »
Has anyone been able to speak to world choice today, I haven’t been able to get through. I’m meant to be on the 9:30am Manc flight, has anyone had any updated times for this one?

I finally was able to speak to someone and it doesn’t sound good. Basically the Kiev airport have gone back on the original landing times for those flights that are unconfirmed. The owner/director of World Choice Sports has been on to the club and has asked for help. Apparently Peter Moore is involved. They have over 1,000 fans affected.

They are working on the basis that the original slots will be honoured, but they couldn’t promise anything and couldn’t commit that the flights will go ahead!
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: May 23, 2018, 04:52:52 pm »
I finally was able to speak to someone and it doesn’t sound good. Basically the Kiev airport have gone back on the original landing times for those flights that are unconfirmed. The owner/director of World Choice Sports has been on to the club and has asked for help. Apparently Peter Moore is involved. They have over 1,000 fans affected.

They are working on the basis that the original slots will be honoured, but they couldn’t promise anything and couldn’t commit that the flights will go ahead!

Oh dear that sounds like a right mess. I haven't heard anyone else on the MAN day trip on planes 2/3 having had anything confirmed

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: May 23, 2018, 04:53:47 pm »
Oh dear that sounds like a right mess. I haven't heard anyone else on the MAN day trip on planes 2/3 having had anything confirmed
Told me they will confirm details by Thursday .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #2305 on: May 23, 2018, 04:55:57 pm »
6 of is booked in to airport lounge in Manchester airport Saturday. Fly at 820 with sport options can’t wait

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: May 23, 2018, 04:57:57 pm »
Just had to give up my tickets as I can't afford the flights. Gutted.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: May 23, 2018, 05:21:14 pm »
Whats everyone doing about sim cards? Buying a prepaid one over there? Just checked and o2 charge silly prices to add data for Ukraine

Offline Merv_Man

• Main Stander
« Reply #2308 on: May 23, 2018, 05:23:32 pm »
Whats everyone doing about sim cards? Buying a prepaid one over there? Just checked and o2 charge silly prices to add data for Ukraine
https://www.vodafone.ua/en/privatnim-klientam/rates/vodafone-red-l

Vodafone pay as you go in Ukraine
99.9% of Liverpool fans were right, 100% of Smug Bastards were wrong!

Offline BadlyDrawnBoy

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2309 on: May 23, 2018, 05:39:32 pm »
Im flying out of Kiev with Vuelving Sunday 4am and ive just received this via email from the airline. Completely contradictory to the guidance issued by Liverpool (which suggests maybe it only applies to chartered flights and not scheduled)????

Got the Same - we are flying in on Ryanair to Germany, and then Wizz air to Kiev, so will try and get Vueling to print us a boarding card in Dublin airport.

on the 510am out though.   But this sounds like a free for all, if you've a boarding pass jump on whichever plane/bus is available !

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2310 on: May 23, 2018, 05:39:33 pm »
Anyone flying from Amsterdam to Kiev on Saturday 9.30am arriving Kiev 1.15pm ?

Offline tesh1e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #2311 on: May 23, 2018, 06:05:45 pm »
Got the Same - we are flying in on Ryanair to Germany, and then Wizz air to Kiev, so will try and get Vueling to print us a boarding card in Dublin airport.

on the 510am out though.   But this sounds like a free for all, if you've a boarding pass jump on whichever plane/bus is available !

Good shout, I'm on the Munich to Kiev (afternoon ukraine air) flight so may ask Vueling desk in Munich for the same.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #2312 on: May 23, 2018, 06:49:59 pm »
Finished work just now, great feeling walking out with this to look forward to!

If anyone's flying out of Manc airport tonight and fancies a bevvie, drop me a pm. Flying at 7pm so will be about from 5 ish

See you on the train Friday afternoon mate

Offline BadlyDrawnBoy

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2313 on: May 23, 2018, 08:46:03 pm »
Good shout, I'm on the Munich to Kiev (afternoon ukraine air) flight so may ask Vueling desk in Munich for the same.

Follow up. Responded to the email from Vueling and they emailed across the boarding passes. That’s my new advice !

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2314 on: May 23, 2018, 08:48:08 pm »
Anyone need a hotel booking for night of match?  I couldn’t find realistically priced alternative after my 3 night trip got cancelled and have room booked on this boat hotel £107 plus change of name charge

https://images.trvl-media.com//hotels/21000000/20300000/20290100/20290061/b7b6e188_y.jpg

Hotel overview

Bogdan Khmelnytskyi
Naberezhna-Kreschatytska Street, Kiev, 04070 Ukraine
https://www.expedia.co.uk/itin.h20290061.Hotel-Information?langid=2057&EMLCID=UK.PT.EVENTTRIGGEREDMAILING.ENSPURCHASECONFIRMATION.GENERIC&EMLDTL=DATE20180515-ISSUX.SIDX.KEY93337011627.PAIDX.LANGEN_GB.MCIDX.TEST

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2315 on: May 23, 2018, 08:52:59 pm »
Anyone need a hotel booking for night of match?  I couldn’t find realistically priced alternative after my 3 night trip got cancelled and have room booked on this boat hotel £107 plus change of name charge

https://images.trvl-media.com//hotels/21000000/20300000/20290100/20290061/b7b6e188_y.jpg

Hotel overview

Bogdan Khmelnytskyi
Naberezhna-Kreschatytska Street, Kiev, 04070 Ukraine
https://www.expedia.co.uk/itin.h20290061.Hotel-Information?langid=2057&EMLCID=UK.PT.EVENTTRIGGEREDMAILING.ENSPURCHASECONFIRMATION.GENERIC&EMLDTL=DATE20180515-ISSUX.SIDX.KEY93337011627.PAIDX.LANGEN_GB.MCIDX.TEST
Check your pm`s Sue

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #2316 on: May 23, 2018, 09:25:58 pm »

Ended up with :

I’m the same as you mate. Sure look we’ll make it a party plane. Try and get some booze to bring on board I suppose. I doubt they’ll be selling anything on the plane?

Offline wigjonnyp

• Big Puff
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2317 on: May 23, 2018, 09:38:39 pm »
I’m the same as you mate. Sure look we’ll make it a party plane. Try and get some booze to bring on board I suppose. I doubt they’ll be selling anything on the plane?

No ale being served on that plane. I spoke to WCS earlier today.

Bottle of vodka from duty free it is...

Pissed off with that flight time like, 5 hours later than advertised is a joke
Posh Spice is a slag,
She's got a sweaty greaser
And when she's shagging Beckham
She thinks of Jonny Riise!!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2318 on: May 23, 2018, 09:41:08 pm »
First leg under our belt, admiring the Norwegian sunset before morning flight down to Warsaw.  Really struck lucky with low cost flights which is more than I can say about the price of the beer so having a tee total night.   Anyone know whether there is a meeting place sorted for Reds who will be in Warsaw on Thursday and Friday?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:20:51 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #2319 on: May 23, 2018, 10:10:17 pm »
First leg under our belt, admiring the Norwegian sunset before morning flight down to Warsaw.  Really struck lucky with low cost flights which is more than I can say about the price of the beer so having a tee total night.   Anyone know whether there is a meeting place sorted fir Reds who will be in Warsaw on Thursday and Friday?

I'm in the Old Town (best bit)of Warsaw and there's a few reds about. Off to Lviv via night train tomorrow though !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"