Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 426605 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #400 on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:35 pm »
I think most of the opinions of him are far too extreme either way. One week he is the shittest midfielder there is and another week he is as good as any young midfielder around.

I think he is a decent player who can have a future player with some talents but I don't think he has shown any real talent to suggest he would be. Top player for us.

So what I am saying that in my opinion, he isn't shit but isn't that good.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »
Not exactly, because Henderson isn't being played in CM is he?

If Taarabt was being slagged off for being a shite RB I'd probably defend him too.

You do know we signed Henderson on the back of his performances on the wing don't you?

And the argument isn't about where Henderson plays, more that you see a place for him in our side because other top teams have players with a similar style to him?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2012, 07:07:06 pm »
You do know we signed Henderson on the back of his performances on the wing don't you?

And the argument isn't about where Henderson plays, more that you see a place for him in our side because other top teams have players with a similar style to him?

It doesn't matter if he was signed off the back of being a goalkeeper. We've seen with our own eyes that he's no great shakes on the right, thats been the case for months. And that he's performed much better in CM.

The argument is completely moot until Henderson actually plays in that position. Until now he hasn't.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:31 pm »
A side challenging can afford to accommodate players. United have been doing it for years, players like Evra, Jones, Park Giggs(in cm) are average players who have got runs in their side, yet they still manage to challenge.

Barry does a job for city, but like i said he is their most disposable player and i will be very surprise if he doesn't make way next season for a more technically adept player with a similar style of play like Banega.

Evra has been a very good left back for Manchester United, he's a twat, but he is very good.
Ferguson is doing with Jones what Kenny is doing with Henderson, giving a young player experience, yet he is being praised for it when the performances of the two players relative to their players and sides expectations is not much different.
What Ferguson has done with Ji Sung Park is the exact opposite of accommodating, he is a squad player used when necessary and has been a very useful player.
As for Giggs, good grief....

Barry performs an important role for Manchester City, he won't be there much longer, how often do top sides, in physical league have 32 year old centre midfielders?
In that case, purely based upon his age he is disposable.

But to suggest Barry is playing, ahead of such a wealth of other potential options for any other reason than he is performing well enough to be selected is farcical.

Again, he might not be Xabi Alonso, but he ain't bad.

I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2012, 07:10:54 pm »
The difference is mate a central midfielder isn't tasked with getting goals and assists they are bonus. The central midfielders job is to maintain possession and just pass the ball at pace a keep at temp, you can't judge by goals/assist column.

Henderson ALWAYS has a player next to him/behind him that ar supposed to maintain possession. Why do we need two player not contributing to our offensive play?

And people don't understand why we struggle going forward?

I'll tell you why. Because we have a midfield of passengers - apart from Gerrard AND CHARLIE ADAM.

Charli Adam, for all his faults, tries to create. He never hides.

In my book that will always be the better option. Because WHEN it succeeds, it'll result in a chance.

Trying and failing is always better than not trying.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2012, 07:12:55 pm »

Didn't Elmohamady play on the right?

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #406 on: March 10, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »
And before people drag Barry into this.

City has normally - apart from Barry - a midfield and attack with players all capable of creating and scoring. In a set up like that he has a role.

We have a set up remaining of players all needing other good players around them to produce anything. Suarez apart.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #407 on: March 10, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »
The definition of Average.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 10, 2012, 07:36:29 pm »
Henderson ALWAYS has a player next to him/behind him that ar supposed to maintain possession. Why do we need two player not contributing to our offensive play?

I'll tell you why. Because we have a midfield of passengers - apart from Gerrard AND CHARLIE ADAM.

In my book that will always be the better option. Because WHEN it succeeds, it'll result in a chance.

Well we did it last season two players that kept the ball well and maintained possession but find the attacking player but playing a fast pace passing game.

You say adam doesn't hide but what he does is put his own team in danger by relinquishing the ball to the opposition even when he fails to execute simple passes. Coupled with his hospital balls backwards. I'd rather a player that kept it simple and kept the ball rather than be a hinderence to his fellow midfielders.

Offline liverpoolfan33

• Main Stander
« Reply #409 on: March 10, 2012, 08:18:01 pm »
Why does Kenny keep playing him?  :-[
He is not a bad player but he is being played out of position - he will improve as he is still young but if he is going to play, then play him in the middle as he is not a winger!

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #410 on: March 10, 2012, 08:40:10 pm »
Got a lot of talent. But just doesn't seem to have the mental strength, when the going gets tough and when confidence is low.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 10, 2012, 08:46:18 pm »
it shows how the balance of the squad is wrong that he has played so often. still we don't have a natural right sided player. everyone we play out there is a converted striker/forward

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2012, 08:47:03 pm »

This is true, Adam was awful today and im really not his fan BUT he doesnt hide and he does try to make things happen, Henderson has the ability and physical attributes but wont even attempt to enforce any influence on any game....

IMO Shelvey has done enough to be given a start ahead of Henderson...

royhendo

« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2012, 08:47:27 pm »
Just needs a game in the middle of the park.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »
Just needs a game in the middle of the park.

But for who?

royhendo

« Reply #415 on: March 10, 2012, 08:56:11 pm »

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »
It's not surprising he's not getting a game in the middle when you consider Kenny didn't trust Raul in there either as it turned out.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »
It's not surprising he's not getting a game in the middle when you consider Kenny didn't trust Raul in there either as it turned out.
Yet he seems to have complete faith in the object of Fordy's affections.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

royhendo

« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2012, 09:04:50 pm »

No really - hauled off. Why he started I'm not sure. He's fast approaching "gash" even in my book.

It's a tactical issue, and that lies with Kenny.

Offline AisoD

• Anny Roader
  • On my best behaviour. Honest.
« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »
Lucas and Gerrard have been injured on and off for the majority of the season. Doubt Adam would have played as much had those two been injury free.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »

Henderson is just frustratingly timid. I don't get it. If that's just a bad character trait, it'll hold him back tremendously as a player. As far as Adam not hiding.....maybe not on attack but without the ball he's totally anonymous until he commits a silly/dumb foul.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2012, 09:23:08 pm »
Rohit talking much sense.

Take heed.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2012, 09:23:56 pm »
I like him a lot.

He doesn't do anything outrageous to have people drooling, just keeps things simple in the middle of the park and allows us to play.

When I watch him he reminds me of Christian Poulsen.

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2012, 09:29:39 pm »
Awful performances today. Why is King Kenny keep playing him on the right? He is so much better in the middel of the pitch.
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Tweekage

• Legacy Fan
  • Please dispose of all waste properly
« Reply #424 on: March 10, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »
I like him a lot.

He doesn't do anything outrageous to have people drooling, just keeps things simple in the middle of the park and allows us to play.

When I watch him he reminds me of Christian Poulsen.

:lmao

thats when you know it's bad

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2012, 09:35:27 pm »
The kids having a tough time at the moment. Bit like Lucas I think. I don't look at him and he think a particulat facet of his game is shite. I think he is suffering because he is being played on the wide right. The attributes of a winger are completely different to that of a central midfielder. Personally I cannot see any good reason for persevering with him here. It's almost as though we are cutting our nose off to spite our face just to vindicate his signing. In the meantime, it's costing us dearly because we're also vindicating another singing in central midfield who Henderson could quite easily replace in my opinion.

Plus we have Maxi who has delivered when playing on the flanks and Kuyts stats out wide have also been comparably favourable with the best in the leaguet. Add to the fact Glen could deputise there and Gerrard has also been influential there and you start to wonder what the fuck.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »
Also, can people stop with the Lucas comparisons?

Not many fancied Lucas and he turned out well but it has no fucking bearing on how Henderson may turn out. There are far more examples of players being considered shite to start with and turning out well....shite.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »
You'd think he was Xabi Alonso the way people say he should play in the center.

He's played there a few times this season and has been nothing more than ok every single time. He certainly didnt show anything from central midfield that Jay Spearing hasnt.

At present time, just doesnt have the balls to be a starting 11 player. Should be on the bench till he grows a pair.

My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

royhendo

« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:42 pm »
You'd think he was Xabi Alonso the way people say he should play in the center.

Where's the need for comments like that? No, maybe some think he'd keep the ball ticking over and hold his position - he's got energy and he can do it - see Man City CC games for ample evidence.

No need for that.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2012, 09:48:30 pm »
Where's the need for comments like that? No, maybe some think he'd keep the ball ticking over and hold his position - he's got energy and he can do it - see Man City CC games for ample evidence.

No need for that.

He played off the main striker againt City pal.

The central midfield games I remember off him are the ones just after Spearing got suspended: QPR, Villa, Wigan and  Blackburn. He never looked anything other than ok there. Again, he's shown nothing that Jay Spearing hasnt.

To start saying that he's been shit because his real position is central midfield for me is a joke. He's had games there and has looked just as annonymous and his weaknesses have been just as aparent as in any other position, namely: lack of confidence, desire, courage and pro activeness.

He's done nothing to suggest he should play in central midfield for us.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »
Also, can people stop with the Lucas comparisons?

Not many fancied Lucas and he turned out well but it has no fucking bearing on how Henderson may turn out. There are far more examples of players being considered shite to start with and turning out well....shite.

I think the reason why Henderson gets the Lucas comparisons , is simply because the accusations(negative, unable to influence games, ineffective in a challenge, etc.) that were levelled at Lucas are now being applied to Henderson.

royhendo

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2012, 09:51:34 pm »
Ah, so he looked "OK" there?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2012, 09:57:15 pm »
Ah, so he looked "OK" there?

At best.

He certainly never had  what you'd call a good game. Certainly nothing as good as Spearing had lots of times last term or Adam had agasint Wolves.

The only really good games for us was against Bolton (from the right) and City 2nd leg (off Bellamy).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:01:03 pm by Brentie »

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2012, 10:00:53 pm »
I think the reason why Henderson gets the Lucas comparisons , is simply because the accusations(negative, unable to influence games, ineffective in a challenge, etc.) that were levelled at Lucas are now being applied to Henderson.

I know that but the point is it has no real relevance. Henderson may turn out great, I don't know. But if he's going to be great in a couple of years like some would have you believe then stick him in the ressies until then.

royhendo

« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »
He certainly never had  what you'd call a good game.

For me he's had quite a few of what I'd call good games.

Opinions eh?

Still not sure why Jonjo's not staking a claim though.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »
Totally awful, quite simply not good enough. He needs to be gone this summer, no questions asked. Sorry Lucas lad, you don't have the quality

- kneejerkers, 2009.

Definate case of Déjà vu here...........
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2012, 10:21:35 pm »
I know that but the point is it has no real relevance. Henderson may turn out great, I don't know. But if he's going to be great in a couple of years like some would have you believe then stick him in the ressies until then.

That only has no relevance if you believe Lucas was bad for us in the years he was the boo-boy of choice, it could be argued that Henderson is one of our players most comfortable playing one-touch football & we would be better suited to dropping the players that hold up that style of play to play the longer ball rather then Henderson.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:14 pm »
He is a tidy footballer, maybe not £16 million pounds worth of tidy.

This lad is coming up to 100 Premiership appearances, but yet doesn't seem to look that confident.

I hope begins to make a bigger impact; I can only see him being suited to a 3 man midfield, as he isn't effective enough in any particular aspect of his game to play on the right or as part of a 2 man midfield, yet. Whether he improves and matures to be a top midfielder remains to be seen.

Unlike Carroll, I see peoples main gripe with Henderson being the amount of money paid rather than the price and the players ability. Which I guess is a good thing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:30:46 pm by Devastatin' Dave »

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »
For me he's had quite a few of what I'd call good games.

Opinions eh?

Still not sure why Jonjo's not staking a claim though.

Which ones Roy? Not taking the piss, frankly curious. Of those 4 he played central midfield in: QPR, Villa, Wigan and Blackurn.

The only other game I can think of is Fulham away when he hit the post. Otherwise it's a been a sea of nothingness.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:33 pm »
Quite like him to be honest. I think he started playing with more confidence once he was in the middle and had Gerrard with him. I also think he is pretty good at crossing.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded