Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1458853 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #3360 on: October 14, 2018, 12:19:19 pm »
thats what travelling in a Babel-Copter does to you, keeps you fresh faced and looking youthful.

Put the match on about half way through the 2nd half and was amazed to see Babel on the pitch I was certain he was abar 45 :D - the hair !! Good old Ryan. And the Kuyt comes on at the end and they give him the charity shield (or something) - a good night for all the reds

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3361 on: October 14, 2018, 12:49:31 pm »
He won't play against Belgium (friendly) and will be heading back to Liverpool. Decided to rest because of the rib injury he suffered lately. He played the full game yesterday and was rock solid so no worries at all. Good news id say

Red Ron strikes again!

Destroys Everton and protects his reds.

Good man
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: October 14, 2018, 01:09:42 pm »
He needs to concentrate more, too casual.
I like how relaxed he seems, I think it imparts calm into the whole team. Far cry from the recent past where every ball into our third of the pitch was a cause for panic!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3363 on: October 14, 2018, 03:01:21 pm »
Van Dijk is said to be returning to Liverpool early as there is a concern about his rib injury, though the report I read said it was precautionary more than anything.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: October 14, 2018, 03:05:00 pm »
Van Dijk is said to be returning to Liverpool early as there is a concern about his rib injury, though the report I read said it was precautionary more than anything.

They must be as concerned with his build and attitude as we are so dropped him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3365 on: October 14, 2018, 03:23:15 pm »
They must be as concerned with his build and attitude as we are so dropped him.

When I heard he scored a header yesterday I was expecting a thumping header, but even that was just a lethargic lazy rebound. Quite surprised he didn't get subbed straight after.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3366 on: October 14, 2018, 04:05:33 pm »
Bit of good news that he came home after yesterday’s match. Best not to risk him in a friendly if he still has discomfort in his ribs.

Hopefully be ok for the weekend but we should be ok without him you’d like to think against Huddersfield.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #3367 on: October 14, 2018, 04:11:03 pm »
Bit of good news that he came home after yesterday’s match. Best not to risk him in a friendly if he still has discomfort in his ribs.

Hopefully be ok for the weekend but we should be ok without him you’d like to think against Huddersfield.
I reckon we should pick ten forwards and just tell Allison to play a bit more defensively.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3368 on: October 14, 2018, 04:14:17 pm »
I reckon we should pick ten forwards and just tell Allison to play a bit more defensively.

Yes, Allison can just stay in our half of the pitch.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: October 14, 2018, 04:17:24 pm »
Goalie in-an'-out.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3370 on: October 14, 2018, 04:40:41 pm »

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: October 14, 2018, 04:43:51 pm »
Three and in?
It's all coming back now - I'll raise you a 'goalie-when-ness'.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3372 on: October 14, 2018, 09:33:42 pm »
I think you mean rush-goalie

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #3373 on: October 14, 2018, 09:45:00 pm »
I was just watching some old Liverpool vids of when Ron Yeats came here. Could be similar with big Virgil.  We hope.
dios esta buena

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: October 14, 2018, 11:59:42 pm »

goalie-rush.

wikipedia actually has a page about it ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_goalie
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:02:46 am by cashmere pringle »

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: October 15, 2018, 12:39:32 am »
Not sure about that. Ian's getting on a bit, and I'm not sure his distribution is as good as Alisson's.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3376 on: October 15, 2018, 09:41:30 pm »
goalie-rush.

wikipedia actually has a page about it ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_goalie

Nah, goalie-when.

And, definitely 3 an-in.

Mind you, everything can get a bit local can’t it? We called them bug-liners in Yorkshire. Foreigners called em goal-hangers.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3377 on: October 15, 2018, 09:45:04 pm »
nah, it was 5's all day for us, we once had a lad in net right up to 19. Magic Times
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3378 on: October 15, 2018, 10:19:27 pm »
Round our way, 'rush goalie' meant that you nominally had one player in goal but if you wanted to change at any point you could. You were supposed to make it clear you'd swapped.

We also had 'spot goalie' where anyone back could use their hands to make a save.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: October 15, 2018, 10:21:37 pm »
Round our way, 'rush goalie' meant that you nominally had one player in goal but if you wanted to change at any point you could. You were supposed to make it clear you'd swapped.

We also had 'spot goalie' where anyone back could use their hands to make a save.

Strictly speaking, any player can go in goal so long as the ref is informed in advance and the change happens during a natural break in play.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #3380 on: October 16, 2018, 10:57:40 am »
Was runny or runnys back in my old area. Oh memories of coffin ball with the old miter delta

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #3381 on: October 16, 2018, 11:27:43 am »
Was runny or runnys back in my old area.

That meant something entirely different around our way, usually requiring a kit change.

It was 3 and in, Wembley doubles, rush-backs, and headers and volleys. Rush backs usually meant anyone would just make the save and then claim they were in goal - usually followed by heated arguments and colourful language  ;D
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3382 on: October 16, 2018, 11:44:14 am »
wanna play rush goalies? (or just rush for short)
3 and in
headers and volleys
world cup (every picks a team and tries to score, last one left is out....so on until none left)

those were the days my friend..
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3383 on: October 16, 2018, 12:09:37 pm »
Koeman doing a lot of yapping again and claiming today that VVD had 2 broken ribs and has been getting injections for weeks to play for Liverpool.

Would beg the question why he played him for the Dutch team then  ::)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: October 16, 2018, 12:13:51 pm »

It was 3 and in, Wembley doubles, rush-backs, and headers and volleys. Rush backs usually meant anyone would just make the save and then claim they were in goal - usually followed by heated arguments and colourful language  ;D
That was goalie when ness. And if a couple of kids arrived after you'd started a match, they went puddin' an' beef.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: October 16, 2018, 12:31:23 pm »
Nice of Koeman to let rivals know the extent of the injury. Not that it will phase the man though  8)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: October 16, 2018, 01:37:09 pm »
So he's been playing with two broken ribs for weeks.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: October 16, 2018, 01:42:30 pm »
So he's been playing with two broken ribs for weeks.

If true, the man is some kind of god.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: October 16, 2018, 01:55:43 pm »
If true, the man is some kind of god.

Keoman said it, and that he's been playing with injections.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: October 16, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »
Time to give VVD some rest I guess? We surely can't rely on him to not concede against Huddersfield right? They have scored 4 freaking goals so far!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:47:08 pm by him_15 »
Believer

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3390 on: October 17, 2018, 12:52:13 am »
Koeman doing a lot of yapping again and claiming today that VVD had 2 broken ribs and has been getting injections for weeks to play for Liverpool.

Would beg the question why he played him for the Dutch team then  ::)

And now we begin a 6 week period where every paddock horse in the PL goes after his ribs with elbows at every corner
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: October 17, 2018, 07:43:29 am »
And now we begin a 6 week period where every paddock horse in the PL goes after his ribs with elbows at every corner
Maybe they could make him a special protective waistcoat out of that magic material that they make those Zorro masks (so beloved of footballers when they have a sore nose) out of, with a little elastic band around the back. Then he will have full protection yer know.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: October 17, 2018, 10:34:54 am »
Maybe they could make him a special protective waistcoat out of that magic material that they make those Zorro masks (so beloved of footballers when they have a sore nose) out of, with a little elastic band around the back. Then he will have full protection yer know.

Yeah, VVD would make a great zorro. That’s what you said right? I’m good at concentrating

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3393 on: October 17, 2018, 10:56:25 am »
That was goalie when ness. And if a couple of kids arrived after you'd started a match, they went puddin' an' beef.

Takes me back that.. :D

3 an in..no toeys an no blammers.

Back to Virgil..

Surprised his name isn't in the hat for these type of free kicks..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/PGtULDgYLyc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/PGtULDgYLyc</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: October 17, 2018, 10:56:50 am »
Yeah, VVD would make a great zorro. That’s what you said right? I’m good at concentrating
:duh Actually if I had to pick anyone from the silver screen he reminds me of it would be Gort (the original one).
NAKED BOOBERY

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: October 17, 2018, 10:58:17 am »
Takes me back that.. :D

3 an in..no toeys an no blammers.

;D
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3396 on: October 17, 2018, 11:02:54 am »
;D

I had perfected a toey'd volley by the time i hit the senior school.  :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: October 17, 2018, 11:59:48 am »

I had perfected a toey'd volley by the time i hit the senior school.  :D
Jesus, you must now have toes like a Chinese warlord's concubine!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: October 17, 2018, 12:59:04 pm »
Jesus, you must now have toes like a Chinese warlord's concubine!

Haha fuckin hell

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: October 20, 2018, 01:16:34 am »
wanna play rush goalies? (or just rush for short)
3 and in
headers and volleys
world cup (every picks a team and tries to score, last one left is out....so on until none left)

those were the days my friend..

Spent many a day playing all of those out on the green near our house.........good times