Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990262 times)

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #42400 on: March 1, 2019, 05:10:54 pm »
I remember that bird. Worked in the canteen at Littlewoods. Dead ringer for him.

Dr. Beaker, I haven't read the complete story as it appeared in the Times print edition (I'm presuming you have).

Did Cascarino dance with that canteen lady, who looked like Banks, or was it actually, Gordon Banks ?
"We believe there's never a cause that's lost" Bill Shankly

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42401 on: March 3, 2019, 07:31:33 am »
That was just me being daft, for a change.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
« Reply #42402 on: March 3, 2019, 11:23:27 am »
That was just me being daft, for a change.

Thanks Doc.

Was wondering if Tony Cas had mistaken the canteen lady for Banks (a possibility for any of us if we've sufficiently over imbibed ::)).

Seems Cascarino and Gordon Banks both worked for Littlewoods Pools at the time when they met/danced at that party in Liverpool. Nice story.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42403 on: March 3, 2019, 12:12:46 pm »
Thanks Doc.

Was wondering if Tony Cas had mistaken the canteen lady for Banks (a possibility for any of us if we've sufficiently over imbibed ::)).

Seems Cascarino and Gordon Banks both worked for Littlewoods Pools at the time when they met/danced at that party in Liverpool. Nice story.
Ah. That explains things. It all seemed pretty surreal - even before my intervention.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42404 on: March 7, 2019, 09:14:11 am »
Got back last Saturday from the holiday of a lifetime having spent 3 months in Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. I could only do this due to having wife's family and friends who generously let us stay with them. A couple of places still stand out, Bondi beach blew me away as soon as I set eyes on it, a beautiful place with a real buzz about it, I'll leave some of the "scenery" to your imagination 😉.
The other place was called Waiheke Island which is a 40 minute ferry ride from Auckland in NZ. It was a little paradise, very serene and the opposite of Bondi, that's my lottery win sorted. I was sitting there on my own (the wife went to have a little wander around the few local shops) wearing a Liverpool cap and t-shirt having a nice cold beer when this fella walks over and says "alright la," it's true, you'll bump into a scouser everywhere, even on a small island the other side of the world.
Not enjoying this bloody weather back here. 😠
When in Rome...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42405 on: March 7, 2019, 08:25:00 pm »
Got back last Saturday from the holiday of a lifetime having spent 3 months in Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. I could only do this due to having wife's family and friends who generously let us stay with them. A couple of places still stand out, Bondi beach blew me away as soon as I set eyes on it, a beautiful place with a real buzz about it, I'll leave some of the "scenery" to your imagination 😉.
The other place was called Waiheke Island which is a 40 minute ferry ride from Auckland in NZ. It was a little paradise, very serene and the opposite of Bondi, that's my lottery win sorted. I was sitting there on my own (the wife went to have a little wander around the few local shops) wearing a Liverpool cap and t-shirt having a nice cold beer when this fella walks over and says "alright la," it's true, you'll bump into a scouser everywhere, even on a small island the other side of the world.
Not enjoying this bloody weather back here. 😠
My mate went to NZ back in the early eighties. He fell in with the scouse community and after about a year he thought, hang on this isn't why I came here. So he got himself a job at a copper mine in New Guinea, in fact the first job was to build all the accommo' and then do a bit of mining. Anyway, you guessed it, they were nearly all scousers!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline happydaze

• ...arefuckinhereagain!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #42406 on: March 8, 2019, 10:45:04 am »
I went on holiday in 1989 to Oz, flew into Perth WA , landing at around 3am. after a good kip got up and went up to Kings park  which gives a view out over Perth Water and  across to the city. I was sitting near the War Memorial writing my 'arrived safely ' postcard, (it being pre mobile phone/ instant internet conectivity days ) when a couple came into view....and the bloke was wearing a tshirt with BIRKENHEAD written across the front . unreal.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #42407 on: March 8, 2019, 12:59:52 pm »
When I was in the RAF and stationed at a very small NATO unit in Belgium ,with less than 100 personnel, I was in the NAAFI having a beer when a newly posted in lad came up to me and asked if my name was Pheeny, as no one in the RAF knew my "youth" nickname it took me by surprise, he only lived two streets from me growing up and went to school with my brother...

Sadly that was the last I ever saw of him as he went missing whilst taking the ferry home on leave,they assumed he fell overboard, although they never found his body.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #42408 on: March 8, 2019, 03:59:31 pm »
When I was in the RAF and stationed at a very small NATO unit in Belgium ,with less than 100 personnel, I was in the NAAFI having a beer when a newly posted in lad came up to me and asked if my name was Pheeny, as no one in the RAF knew my "youth" nickname it took me by surprise, he only lived two streets from me growing up and went to school with my brother...

Sadly that was the last I ever saw of him as he went missing whilst taking the ferry home on leave,they assumed he fell overboard, although they never found his body.

*Looks at Pheeny in whole new light*
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #42409 on: March 8, 2019, 10:13:01 pm »
*Looks at Pheeny in whole new light*
*is curious to understand what that means* (careful now, it's a sensitive subject...)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #42410 on: March 10, 2019, 08:24:40 pm »
Not sure if any of you like Indian Films but just watched 'Taara Zameen Par' on netflix and what a brilliant film it is.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42411 on: March 11, 2019, 09:06:49 am »
*is curious to understand what that means* (careful now, it's a sensitive subject...)
Not really a subject to make light of to be honest.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #42412 on: March 11, 2019, 03:31:32 pm »
I agree Pheeny.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42413 on: March 21, 2019, 10:58:46 am »
On Page 2 not havin that

Bump
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42414 on: March 25, 2019, 10:54:32 am »
Posted this below in the general football section then i realised most of them wont know who Notts County are let alone their history:

"Went to watch Notts County against the mighty Exeter City last saturday and i think it is sad to see a club with the footballing heritage County has seemingly drifting out of the football league.

There is a lot wrong going on behind the scenes at the club, dodgy owner, three managers in a season for example but they have a great ground and ave over 8K a game even playing the way they are:

As for the game Exeter had a man sent off midway through the first half but County didnt capitalise on that and went down to a last minute goal i am told that was how their season has gone.

I hope they stay up but given that performance from a team bereft of ideas and confidence i sadly can't see them doing it."

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42415 on: March 25, 2019, 11:18:52 am »
Sounds like a similar story to Wrexham that Phil.

When I was in the RAF one of my good mates and next door neighbour was a County fan.He'd go mental if you called them Nottingham County...

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
« Reply #42416 on: March 29, 2019, 01:26:17 pm »
Another good Gordon Banks story regarding his one and only appearance in the League of Ireland :

https://www.balls.ie/football/balls-remembers-world-cup-winner-gordon-banks-league-ireland-390403

In the photo at the base of the article, does anyone know who is the guy in the middle separating Giles and Dunphy ?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42417 on: March 29, 2019, 02:14:27 pm »
Another good Gordon Banks story regarding his one and only appearance in the League of Ireland :

https://www.balls.ie/football/balls-remembers-world-cup-winner-gordon-banks-league-ireland-390403

In the photo at the base of the article, does anyone know who is the guy in the middle separating Giles and Dunphy ?

Not sure but i remember watching Dunphy playing for Millwall  a cultured footballer stood out in that club, Keith Weller also played for Millwall at this time.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42418 on: March 29, 2019, 09:18:23 pm »
I remember Keith Weller playing on the left wing for Chelsea in the 60's - speedy and useful he was too. Cannot remember what he looked like though. So no doubt you will have gathered I don't know who the fella in the middle is.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42419 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:32 pm »
Moving away from the football related content I posted off my biennial bowel cancer sample screening kit today.

One of the joys of being over 60 but one of the strengths of the NHS.

And for you approaching 60 something to look forward to.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42420 on: March 29, 2019, 10:14:02 pm »

A bit of a guess but is it Gordon Hill?

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42421 on: March 29, 2019, 10:40:41 pm »
I remember Keith Weller playing on the left wing for Chelsea in the 60's - speedy and useful he was too.
He was the only player I can remember playing in white tights on a freezing day, when he was with Leicester. John Barnes, of course, played in black ones. Whatever happened to that habit..?

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #42422 on: March 29, 2019, 10:50:40 pm »
It's  Ray Treacy.

(No, I won't be going on Mastermind to answer questions on Shamrock Rovers.  I just know how to Google.....).

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42423 on: March 30, 2019, 07:49:03 am »
Moving away from the football related content I posted off my biennial bowel cancer sample screening kit today.

One of the joys of being over 60 but one of the strengths of the NHS.

And for you approaching 60 something to look forward to.
They do it from 50 off here in Belgium.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42424 on: March 30, 2019, 08:15:51 am »
They do it from 50 off here in Belgium.

So you can learn to juggle turds whilst you still have some dexterity unlike here where they wait until you hands start to stiffen up with messy consequences.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42425 on: March 30, 2019, 08:21:35 am »
So you can learn to juggle turds whilst you still have some dexterity unlike here where they wait until you hands start to stiffen up with messy consequences.

I'm 7 and a half years away from that, you have just given me something to look forward to....
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #42426 on: March 30, 2019, 08:41:03 am »
Not sure if any of you like Indian Films but just watched 'Taara Zameen Par' on netflix and what a brilliant film it is.

Was there a scouser in it?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
« Reply #42427 on: March 30, 2019, 11:47:23 am »
It's  Ray Treacy.

(No, I won't be going on Mastermind to answer questions on Shamrock Rovers.  I just know how to Google.....).

Thanks guys. Didn't have a clue who it was when I first viewed the photo but Ray Treacy is correct .

Giles, Dunphy and Treacy all played for Shamrock Rovers in the League of Ireland in the late 70's after their return from England. After his playing days were over Treacy went into the Travel business and Giles and Dunphy carved out a very long career as pundits on an Irish version of Match of the Day.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42428 on: March 30, 2019, 11:30:05 pm »
He was the only player I can remember playing in white tights on a freezing day, when he was with Leicester. John Barnes, of course, played in black ones. Whatever happened to that habit..?
Remember the tights, but can't remember him in a habit.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
« Reply #42429 on: March 31, 2019, 09:24:52 am »

;D ;D ;D

Just read this article in the Guardian this morning; hadn't heard the John Terry story before.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/30/football-double-jeopardy-racism-cases-fernando-forestieri

It is coming up for seven years now since John Terry found himself in the dock of Westminster magistrates court on charges of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand and, though I could never say sitting through that week-long trial was a particularly fulfilling experience, there is one memory that offers some light relief amid all the other numbing details.

It goes back to the penultimate day, when Terry was being taken through some of the evidence related to his exchange of words with Ferdinand, then of QPR, and having to repeat some of it for the benefit of the court. Terry was obediently following the instructions, albeit not looking absolutely sure what purpose it served, until he was asked to let the court know the number of times he had been sent off throughout his Chelsea career.

“Can you say – please – four times?” asked his QC, George Carter-Stephenson. At which point Terry nodded again. “Please … please … please … please.” And even now, all these years on, I am still not absolutely sure he understood why the courtroom was filled with awkward laughter.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42430 on: April 1, 2019, 08:46:53 am »

Very droll indeed Doc. Well-a...Well-a.....Well-a thought he might have had at least one bad habit. D'yer never notice he had a very clean nose . . . . .

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42431 on: April 1, 2019, 06:08:36 pm »
Very droll indeed Doc. Well-a...Well-a.....Well-a thought he might have had at least one bad habit. D'yer never notice he had a very clean nose . . . . .
I think you're confusing him with Allan Clarke.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42432 on: April 2, 2019, 03:48:15 pm »

I think you're confusing him with Allan Clarke.

Of the Hollies??  ::) ::) (I absolutely refuse to mention the Damned United) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBj_qAJtRA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42433 on: April 2, 2019, 03:54:49 pm »

Of the Hollies??  ::) ::) (I absolutely refuse to mention the Damned United) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBj_qAJtRA

And Leeds' cultured fans could be visiting a ground near you next season.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42434 on: April 2, 2019, 04:35:39 pm »

Oh joy abounding . . . . And you too!!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42435 on: April 2, 2019, 05:43:53 pm »

" Who Let the Dogs Out ? "

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42436 on: April 2, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »
" Who Let the Dogs Out ? "

Why does that conjure up the thought of a Yorkshire Terrier humping a passerby's leg?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42437 on: April 2, 2019, 07:54:40 pm »
Why does that conjure up the thought of a Yorkshire Terrier humping a passerby's leg?

Well your turn ons are your own business. :D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42438 on: April 2, 2019, 08:31:14 pm »

Not anymore they're not. . . . :-X :-X

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42439 on: April 2, 2019, 10:38:41 pm »

I hope this exchange doesn't lead to an unsolicited username change on the lines of "Randy Yorkie Terrier " or some other such nonsense.