Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3271938 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #3400 on: May 28, 2020, 08:39:21 pm »
Sanchez for Sancho? This must be up there in terms of all time ludicrous transfer stories.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/05/27/man-utd-try-sanchez-dortmund-swap-deal-for-sancho-transfer/

Wouldn't that increase the size of the fee that Dortmund would be asking?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3401 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:49 pm »
God, I forgot Sanchez was even theirs still.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3402 on: May 29, 2020, 01:04:39 am »
Sanchez for Sancho? This must be up there in terms of all time ludicrous transfer stories.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/05/27/man-utd-try-sanchez-dortmund-swap-deal-for-sancho-transfer/

Mad how many of these swap deals are touted by transfer bullshitters and how rarely it happens in the real world.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3403 on: May 29, 2020, 01:06:07 am »
I thought he'd retired a season or two ago.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3404 on: May 29, 2020, 03:06:02 am »

Utd fans were trying to as well.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3405 on: May 29, 2020, 04:53:35 am »
See Utd taking out £150m loan due to covid-19, probably to buy players. All their fans want Glazers to sell etc, but who would buy their club for the £3bn they would want?

In a way the day FSG want to sell will be very difficult for them aswell imo. Same for Arsenal and Kroenke.  Why buy a multi billion pound club when you can buy say a Newcaslte and turn them into a billion pound club.

Also the amount of people who could afford to buy a club for billions are very few and far between. I think these owners the day they come to sell will have to get real.
There would be interested parties out there. People who want something prestigious in their portfolio rather than someone who wants to make a profit.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3406 on: May 29, 2020, 09:04:50 am »
That overrated thread at RedCafe is hilarious reading.

Shouts for Gerrard, Zidane, Figo, Buffon, Drogba, Seedorf, Bergkamp.

Jesus wept, it's like they were blinded by other football games going on while they were sleep walking titles to 75-85 points in a shit era of the PL.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3407 on: May 29, 2020, 09:36:31 am »

Jesus wept, it's like they were blinded by other football games going on while they were sleep walking titles to 75-85 points in a shit era of the PL.

Surely not?  I thought he was untouchable as a bona fide genius, one of the best that ever walked the earth. He once said Paul Scholes was a good player and they’ve used that as justification for their claim that Paul Scholes is the best midfielder that ever played the game, or summat. 

They can’t question his place amongst the pantheon of greats otherwise it calls into question their Scholes claim.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3408 on: May 29, 2020, 09:38:07 am »
Imagine having an over rated thread when you hold up the likes of Scholes and Vidic as modern greats :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3409 on: May 29, 2020, 09:39:49 am »
Imagine having an over rated thread when you hold up the likes of Scholes and Vidic as modern greats :duh

You missed off McTominay.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3410 on: May 29, 2020, 10:33:24 am »

That can't be right as the period they were winning every season was the strongest the league has ever been but also coincided with other European leagues being the strongest and that's why they didn't win more in Europe despite qualifying for it every season with little competition.

Funny how your judgement gets clouded as the years go by. 

À bit like how they insisted they'd never  get like us during our downturn.  Never happen to them as a club or as a fan base yet reading the caf is basically like Liverpool forums were.

We just need this player or that manager.  Or if only he'd stayed fit would have made a difference.  Not spending enough due to spending on shit players.  Bad owners.  Bad Managers.

Excuse after excuse with thread after thread of team selections, comparisons with other teams, or their ex players.

It's funny as fuck really cos they've always been shit, they just got lucky for a decade or so.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3411 on: May 29, 2020, 10:48:32 am »

He did!

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #3412 on: May 29, 2020, 11:23:57 am »

He retired at the end of his second to last season at Arsenal. Everything since then has been magic money falling from the sky into his pocket.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3413 on: May 29, 2020, 12:04:12 pm »

:lmao

Ah bless, lockdown really has messed with their very tiny minds
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Main Stander
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.
« Reply #3414 on: May 29, 2020, 01:33:30 pm »
Scholes better than Gerrard, don't make me laugh. If you did a top ten midfielders of all time to have played for Liverpool or Man U, Souness & Gerrard would be no 1 & 2. They've never had better than them two in their history. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3415 on: May 29, 2020, 03:57:21 pm »
Scholes better than Gerrard, don't make me laugh. If you did a top ten midfielders of all time to have played for Liverpool or Man U, Souness & Gerrard would be no 1 & 2. They've never had better than them two in their history. 

Bryan Robson was better than both

:lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3416 on: May 29, 2020, 05:04:58 pm »
scholes was so great he got shifted out wide for gerrard and lampard and ferguson signed veron for a club record in his position

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3417 on: May 29, 2020, 05:06:30 pm »
small cock as well the ginger manc goblin

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3418 on: May 29, 2020, 05:34:42 pm »

If those are the names being bandied about, then I'd question it being a serious wind up.

Online Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3419 on: May 29, 2020, 05:42:33 pm »

When Souness recently criticized Pogba. Bunch of their fans clueless fans were claiming they Souness was just a dirty clogger from 80's, no where near as good as Pogba, No one remembers him, Never won a world cup etc etc.

He was the engine of the most dominant team in Europe for a decade, could do it all. Has the same number of European cups as Manchester United won in all of thier history. But somehow he is worse than fucking Pogba.

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Main Stander
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.
« Reply #3420 on: May 29, 2020, 07:33:54 pm »
When Souness recently criticized Pogba. Bunch of their fans clueless fans were claiming they Souness was just a dirty clogger from 80's, no where near as good as Pogba, No one remembers him, Never won a world cup etc etc.

He was the engine of the most dominant team in Europe for a decade, could do it all. Has the same number of European cups as Manchester United won in all of thier history. But somehow he is worse than fucking Pogba.
They think Pogba is better than Souness. Pogba isn't better than Jan Molby never mind Souness.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3421 on: May 29, 2020, 07:48:57 pm »
They think Pogba is better than Souness. Pogba isn't better than Jan Molby never mind Souness.

Pogba isn't even better than Charlie Adam, never mind Molby.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3422 on: May 29, 2020, 08:08:46 pm »
Pogba isn't even better than Charlie Adam, never mind Molby.

Are you Fordy, are you Fordy, are you Fordy in disguise? Are you Fordy in disguise?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3423 on: May 29, 2020, 08:52:29 pm »
Are you Fordy, are you Fordy, are you Fordy in disguise? Are you Fordy in disguise?

It’s hard to tell. It’s a good disguise.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3424 on: May 29, 2020, 09:29:03 pm »

It’s hard to tell. It’s a good disguise.

;D

I thought post was more of a reflection on Pogba than it was on Adam but apparently not :P

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3425 on: May 29, 2020, 10:28:51 pm »
No one owns a mirror big enough for a reflection of Charlie Adam
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3426 on: May 29, 2020, 11:14:51 pm »

All on the windup, if they aren't, they are just the worst supporters ever really

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3427 on: May 30, 2020, 03:13:37 pm »
In other news, Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Man Utd.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3428 on: May 30, 2020, 04:48:37 pm »
In other news, Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Man Utd.
Hear hear!!!

Long may that continue.

#TrustInOle.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3429 on: May 30, 2020, 04:54:58 pm »
I believe the new narrative is that the virus break allowed Ole to impart his high level tactics on the team and because Pogba is back they are the best positioned for the final 9 games. Plus Bruno Fernandes. Because.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3430 on: May 31, 2020, 12:22:20 pm »
Looks like Ighalo's staying.

Worrying times.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3431 on: May 31, 2020, 07:37:02 pm »
Have we double checked the maths? Are we certain they can’t still catch us this season?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3432 on: May 31, 2020, 07:56:45 pm »
Have we double checked the maths? Are we certain they can’t still catch us this season?

If they win their remaining games and we lose ours and get an 11 point deduction, we are done for.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3433 on: May 31, 2020, 07:57:57 pm »
If they win their remaining games and we lose ours and get an 11 point deduction, we are done for.

Worrying times.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3434 on: May 31, 2020, 08:19:14 pm »

Now that they've signed Bruno Fernandes, I wouldn't put it past them.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3435 on: May 31, 2020, 08:50:17 pm »
They're also convinced they're getting Saul Niguez based on nothing but a cryptic tweet he put out earlier.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3436 on: May 31, 2020, 09:41:48 pm »

This man can't be serious about his career

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3437 on: May 31, 2020, 10:08:54 pm »

thats just bad lighting

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3438 on: May 31, 2020, 10:22:15 pm »

Who’s that fat bastard?

(One for the kids there).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3439 on: May 31, 2020, 10:45:57 pm »
thats just bad lighting

Agreed, the lighting is a little heavy...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...