Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12290369 times)

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #100760 on: September 12, 2019, 07:28:46 am »
Haven`t followed this thread in a while. Any players in the youth setup I should be aware of? Are we looking at any new youth players from other clubs that might be interesting?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #100761 on: September 12, 2019, 07:56:58 am »
Made up for the lad, he deserves it. I believe Klopp likes him a lot, maybe he thinks he could be our next Bobby in 3/4 years time...and I emphasise could! He seems very intelligent lad, he adores the boss and would probably run through brick walls for his fellow German.

This deal makes me wonder whether Booby D got wind of it and went ballistic....a natural response from a headstrong 18 year old...and said 'fuck it, I'm off', as he hadn't been offered one and realised he was behind Paul and Rhian in the young bucks coming through category. He's rehabbing at Melwood too. Paul's basically first team in waiting. Same deal with Rhian last season.

Highly unlikely.   There were rumours towards the end of last season that Bobby was restless.  Probably expected to be playing more U21s then.   Neither do I think he was necessarily behind Paul , except in age.  Paul lost a year in jus over a year ago, with a broken leg and missed most of the first year of U18s.  Not surprising really then that he was offered recuperation at Melwood, it must be very tough to know you’re going to miss out on another year.   But it’s true Bobby would be well behind Rhian, and couldn’t expect it to be any other way. 

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100762 on: September 12, 2019, 08:50:02 am »
The boss told Liverpoolfc.com: “Unfortunately Paul Glatzel got seriously injured, which is a shame. He is a wonderful kid, a wonderful player, unbelievable.

“The week we saw him [at Melwood] helped already, so when he is back he will be one of my boys because I really like what I saw.”

That's what Klopp said in July when Glatzel got injured so I assume he'll be training full-time with the first team when he returns.

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #100763 on: September 12, 2019, 08:55:28 am »
Delighted to see Glatzel sign a new contract, as I've said previously I think he's way better than Duncan and he's also a better fit to the system we got with him being a hard-working/pressing forward with great intelligence and also the technical ability to create things himself. Apart from Duncan who's more of a goal-poacher.

Shows great faith in him and hopefully he'll recover fully and can continue his development.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #100764 on: September 12, 2019, 07:49:40 pm »
We risk down-grading Duncan in hindsight, but he needed big strides to play in our system. 

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100765 on: September 12, 2019, 11:14:52 pm »
I hope not, he's recovering from an ACL reconstruction

Oh, so is he out for the whole season?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100766 on: September 13, 2019, 10:41:49 am »
There's a squad list on the uefa site for the youth league. https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/clubs/2606417--liverpool/

No idea if thats a final list but only a couple u16s and brewster, van de berg, Hoever, etc included so quite strong. Looks like harvey blair is brother/related to ex-academy player marley blair.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #100767 on: September 13, 2019, 10:51:03 am »
There's a squad list on the uefa site for the youth league. https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/clubs/2606417--liverpool/

No idea if thats a final list but only a couple u16s and brewster, van de berg, Hoever, etc included so quite strong. Looks like harvey blair is brother/related to ex-academy player marley blair.
We’re Harvey and Marley.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #100768 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:08 pm »
Glatzel had a couple of other fairly major injuries before this latest one, didn't he?  I really like the look of him as a player but I'm worried he'll turn out to be another Yesil.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #100769 on: September 13, 2019, 12:27:35 pm »
Good luck to Kent, the contrast in how he and Duncan went about things is huge. Hope he does really well for Rangers, seems a good lad

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ryan-kent-rangers-lied-16911467

Kent claiming he was lied to by the club.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100770 on: September 13, 2019, 12:44:43 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ryan-kent-rangers-lied-16911467

I assume he’s saying the club said he could move to Rangers, then it didn’t happen, until it did late in the window?

The only issue with that is that Rangers needed to make an offer which was adequate enough. It appears they didn’t do that until right at the death - I assume in an attempt to force us to lower our asking price. Not sure that’s our fault to be honest.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100771 on: September 13, 2019, 12:55:52 pm »
Yeah, doesn't really state what the 'lie' is.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100772 on: September 13, 2019, 01:44:27 pm »

This from the boy who was posting a load of weird biblical shit slating the club in the run up to his transfer, whining about the club wanting to sell him instead of loaning.

He says there's no bitter taste, and that he should be happy with his lot. But then chooses to bitch and use pejoratives against the club in the press, despite them giving him what he wants.

Another character the youngsters will benefit from not having around.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100773 on: September 13, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »
Bit of an overreation to a nothing interview.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100774 on: September 13, 2019, 03:12:29 pm »

Definitely is from me. His bible quote weird whinge wound me up irrationally.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #100775 on: September 13, 2019, 05:38:07 pm »
This from the boy who was posting a load of weird biblical shit slating the club in the run up to his transfer, whining about the club wanting to sell him instead of loaning.

He says there's no bitter taste, and that he should be happy with his lot. But then chooses to bitch and use pejoratives against the club in the press, despite them giving him what he wants.

Another character the youngsters will benefit from not having around.

The actual brass neck of the kid. I can't believe his attitude. To actually consider his own career and his development as a player. Don't these kids know they are supposed to be subservient commodities traded to make the wealthy wealthier. He has had 15 years at the Club to realise what it is all about.

To have the impertinence to believe a Club has a duty of care to help their employees develop. The final straw for me though is to be so ill informed  to post a verse from the bible when there are far more appropriate passages from say Wall Street.

Why quote from Saint Peter.

“And through covetousness shall they with fiend words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingered not, and their damnation slumbereth not”.

When he could of quoted far more concisely from Saint Gordon. 'Greed is Good' 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100776 on: September 13, 2019, 07:27:56 pm »
The actual brass neck of the kid. I can't believe his attitude. To actually consider his own career and his development as a player. Don't these kids know they are supposed to be subservient commodities traded to make the wealthy wealthier. He has had 15 years at the Club to realise what it is all about.

To have the impertinence to believe a Club has a duty of care to help their employees develop. The final straw for me though is to be so ill informed  to post a verse from the bible when there are far more appropriate passages from say Wall Street.

“And through covetousness shall they with fiend words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingered not, and their damnation slumbereth not”.

Yeah. We should have just let him leave on a free. Give up 15 years of developing him and six years of wages for no gain.

Should have let Coutinho go on a free too, come to think of it. He thought moving to Barca would help his development, so we should have done right by him. Or does that just apply to 22 year olds, not 25 year olds? When do people stop becoming a kid?

Or alternatively, maybe Ryan should be thankful we ended up letting him go for what was probably under his market value? Or maybe he shouldn't have signed a 5 year contract two seasons ago if he wanted to leave earlier.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:30:55 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100777 on: September 13, 2019, 09:14:00 pm »

;D you are beyond parody as ever. Ripping into the club for not selling Kent, after they.. sold Kent.

Passages from Wall Street? What the actual fuck are you on about, you strange man? ;D Did an American steal your wife away from you?

You think that Klopp believes 'greed is good' and ignored his duty of care to Kent, and that Kent is rightfully looking out for his career suggesting Klopp's covetousness has made merchandise of him, whereas I don't. Let's just leave our disagreement at that.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #100778 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:34 pm »

;D you are beyond parody as ever. Ripping into the club for not selling Kent, after they.. sold Kent.

Passages from Wall Street? What the actual fuck are you on about, you strange man? ;D Did an American steal your wife away from you?

You think that Klopp believes 'greed is good' and ignored his duty of care to Kent, and that Kent is rightfully looking out for his career suggesting Klopp's covetousness has made merchandise of him, whereas I don't. Let's just leave our disagreement at that.

Au contraire I love Americans especially this one.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #100779 on: September 13, 2019, 10:24:32 pm »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #100780 on: September 14, 2019, 01:04:22 am »

And you spoke too soon...😏

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100781 on: September 14, 2019, 01:18:50 am »

Au contraire I love Americans especially this one.

You really think your sarcasm wasn't obvious? And are you seriously going to pretend you didn't have a dig at the club for being greedy and about their duty of care? OK then

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100782 on: September 14, 2019, 12:16:38 pm »
I'll stick my two cents in and say that Kent and Duncan are right to go - and I don't really blame them for the things they might say. We have no idea if someone at the club has lied to Kent - I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp told Kent that he would get opportunities to impress, and either things changed or Klopp simply said what he felt he needed to in order to keep a player he felt would be good for the depth. I can see how Kent would not take something like that well, and I'm not saying that happened, because we may never know. I just think that it's far from unlikely.

The reality is for these players that they want, and they need game time. Remember how Brewster was going to be in contention for the first team? Now he's vanished off the radar to a degree. It's hard for the attacking youngsters to get any time at a side where we have Firminho, Sala, Mane, Origi, Shaqiri to fill those positions. So I'm not going to slag off players who seek game time elsewhere, regardless of how they go about it. Liverpool are not some poor underdog against these players - I suspect that they would happily tell Duncan for the next three or four years how he would get a shot in the first team if it meant they could make their millions at the end of that time after giving him bare scraps of games. That's essentially what has happened to Brewster so far - he was going to leave, but then the club promised him he had a future at the club so he should stay, and he did. So far, unless Brewster has some injury I'm not aware of, he hasn't had a sniff.

Players at their age, with their potential, need games. They need to test themselves at a professional level in order to grow and prove their capabilities. But like it or not this mostly jars with what Liverpool want - to have and play the very best. If we're honest, developing these players with game time does not work with Liverpool's want and need to win titles - rightly or wrongly (and to a degree, I believe wrongly).

So I'm never going to blame players for making their way for the sake of their careers, for the sake of their footballing lives, rather then wile away critical years in the Liverpool system. Elsewhere they may well get more chance of actual games AND get the top class development - so for many, it's going to be a no brainer. It's hard to be a youth player in England, for various reasons (including the money, ironically). So I wish them all the best of luck. I think Kent is very talented, and perhaps we'll see him again in the League at least. As for Duncan, who knows.

You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100783 on: September 14, 2019, 12:43:17 pm »
Our U18s are losing 5-2 away to Man city sadly. 

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100784 on: September 14, 2019, 01:24:31 pm »
I'll stick my two cents in and say that Kent and Duncan are right to go -

Agree with you there, although think Duncan has most likely made a terrible decision with his destination

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #100785 on: September 14, 2019, 09:41:35 pm »
23’s drew 3-3 today and. Brewster was withdrawn after Origi injury. Jones, Dixon Bonner and an og caused by Harvey Eliot for us. Think our defence is suffering from letting Masterton, Phillips and Johnstone go. Hopefully our young Dutch lads will grow up from the experience.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:43:34 pm by RogerTheRed »
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100786 on: September 14, 2019, 09:44:05 pm »

Was suprised to see it but, its hard to comment on when its so so vague

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100787 on: September 15, 2019, 10:44:26 pm »
Just a reminder to those who have the opportunity to watch that our UEFA Youth game against Napoli is being shown live on btsport1 at 1pm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #100788 on: September 17, 2019, 03:48:14 am »
Watched the highlights of the u23s draw with derby. Jones had a goal and a lovely Bobby style backheel assist to Dixon-Bonner. He’s started the season very well.

Hoever and Van Den Berg both gave away pens, though to be fair I think the ref had a shocker for both of them..

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #100789 on: September 17, 2019, 07:18:38 am »
Just a reminder to those who have the opportunity to watch that our UEFA Youth game against Napoli is being shown live on btsport1 at 1pm.

Also  will be streamed on Uefa's website tomorrow.. Registration needed.

Just download their App

https://www.uefa.tv/

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #100790 on: September 17, 2019, 01:00:51 pm »
Why did they name the stadium after joe pasquale?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100791 on: September 17, 2019, 01:03:32 pm »
Why did they name the stadium after joe pasquale?

He’s really famous over there. Apparently Flanagan introduced Italy to his humour when he was over there and he’s become Uber famous since!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #100792 on: September 17, 2019, 01:05:12 pm »
He’s really famous over there. Apparently Flanagan introduced Italy to his humour when he was over there and he’s become Uber famous since!

Ooooh nice

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100793 on: September 17, 2019, 01:18:10 pm »
Header smashed against the cross bar there, unlucky. 0-0 19 mins.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100794 on: September 17, 2019, 01:25:16 pm »
Neco Williams running them ragged down the right.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100795 on: September 17, 2019, 01:29:03 pm »
Somebody is in for a bollocking.  :-[
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"