Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2779269 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
How would that work, would they start on minus points?
Yep - see Bury and Bolton this season.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Good, never wanted the Champions League anyway. Now we can focus on the Caravan Cup!
”I never fancied you anyway”

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Ahhh!  :duh

It's OK... I worked out the other day that if the Earth was a football on the corner spot... the asteroid is passing us near the opposite corner flag in the opponents half so it's a long way away. Still too bloody close for comfort but fingers crossed we'll last out.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is all too delicious.

I am really looking forward to seeing the fan reaction at the Real Madrid game at home over this. I hope the UEFA representative has a wonderful night and a few pens with him.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
That would not be proportional. And if they were to be stripped of the titles, the seasons should be nulled without a champion. Either way, the trophies and points were won on the field and even if the squad was assembled unfairly, they still had to go and win. I don't like the idea of changing history unless there's been unsportsmanlike offences (doping, fixing etc.)
There should however be squad restrictions (Reduced spots for non homegrown players) and decreased FFP leeway (amount of loss allowed over a period of time) for atleast a few years alongside a proportional fine. That's what FA should be looking to do.
Even from a UEFA standpoint, I find the 2 year ban a bit disproportional. I personally feel that they are starting high so that they can negotiate it to 1 yr and a reduced fine like they did with Milan.

So if an Olympic athlete fails a drug test and was clearly doping when they won their race, you wouldn't hand the gold medal to the runner up (and so on)?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I wasnt going to drink tonight but decided to pour myself one ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:48:55 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Even from a UEFA standpoint, I find the 2 year ban a bit disproportional. I personally feel that they are starting high so that they can negotiate it to 1 yr and a reduced fine like they did with Milan.

Staggering! What do you think was suitable, 1 game behind closed doors?

2 years is getting off extremely lightly.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
They will certainly appeal it which may mean a delay to the whole thing and will probably lead to a 1 year ban and the other year suspended.

Their owners are going to see this a massive personal insult, sure they will throw everything at it to get it overturned.

I will be surprised if they actually get any ban by the end of all the legal procedures. Wont be surprised if it is FFP that is kicked out by the end of it and they find some sort of illegal loophole with FFP.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I wasnt going to drink tonight but decided to pour myself one ;D

How does your glass stay on the table?  ;D ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
Nah they should be allowed the option of avoiding a points deduction if they agree to officially changing their name to Cheating Abu Dhabi Human Rights Abusing Plastic Sister Fingering FC and their ground to the Emptyhad Kopparberg Cryarsing Victimdome .

Finally, a reasonable suggestion amid the bias and the hysteria.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They will certainly appeal it which may mean a delay to the whole thing and will probably lead to a 1 year ban and the other year suspended.

Their owners are going to see this a massive personal insult, sure they will throw everything at it to get it overturned.

I will be surprised if they actually get any ban by the end of all the legal procedures. Wont be surprised if it is FFP that is kicked out by the end of it and they find some sort of illegal loophole with FFP.

AC Milan got banned for 2 years for the exact same thing. UEFA treat them the way they are treating this lot and they respect AC Milan.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We all know the story with FIFA. And not that long ago the banned and disgraced ex-UEFA chief Platini was arrested on corruption charges as well. What makes people really believe that UEFA won't cave in here one way or another?

Because of greed?
They'll know the bigger clubs won't have enjoyed the way PSG and City muscled their way into their dinner table and inflated prices for all of them.
Sometimes a small sacrifice is neccessary in the big picture, is how I see UEFA seeing this as.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No matter what happens, they are all forever complicit in the biggest cheating the game has seen.

Fucking delighted about Manager Moral knowing that no matter what, whoever's interviewing him will always have a "Yeah, but you were the head of Man City when the club systematically cheated its way to titles. Surely you must have been aware of what was happening." Cant wait for him to deflect the next questions to him.

And all the players, every single one of them, no matter how good, will always have "Yeah but you cheated though didn't yeh. Yeah, but you did though didn't yeh. Yeah, but you did tho".

And that's it for City fans. For all their brandishing of VAR and Conspiracies, that's all blown out of the window. "Yeah, but your club are cheats"

I hope they get their just punishment I really do. But if they don't then so what. The cat is out the bag. Everyone knows. Everyone just knows. They're cheats.

Its just so so beautiful.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Staggering! What do you think was suitable, 1 game behind closed doors?

2 years is getting off extremely lightly.

It is, but the 2 years undoubtedly gives UEFA wriggle room to amend it to 1, which was always the absolute least they would do.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Think it’s the Same way the 1970s Spider man climbed buildings and ceilings
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
It makes no difference to us you need to man up about this.

We want to celebrate properly. Not "oh well we've won the league today but because City have had points dropped which they've appealed against so we haven't really won it yet".

We don't want that. Take the points off the cheating victims next season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Man City page grew by 700 posts in a day, let’s see if there are new versions of Champions League gif.... ooooohhhh...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
They won't get away with no ban. I suspect next year will be the year and in the meantime the PL should commence investigations of its own regarding the PL FFP.

best case scenario they get a points deduction for next season or last season and we end up with another title (certainly if it ends up for last season). God this result makes me happy. I hope it sticks. I hope they get dumped by the sheikhs as a result of this. I hope PSG also fucks off because they're basically in the same boat.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Magic. ;D

Edited it now.  8)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I have to sort of wonder if Abu Dhabi have been utterly stupid or stupendously arrogant.

We all know they are at the Emptyhad to try to cleanse their appalling image and reputation as a regime. They are clearly sensitive over how they are perceived. They buy a non-descript football club in the shadows of three bigger clubs within the North West area and look to make a good name for themselves. Now all that makes good sense up to now.

The problem is, instead of gradually improving the facilities, the management and the team whilst living within the club's means they, instead, make the club look like the drug dealer with no legitimate means of support who is living in a detached house with a pool, drives a Lamborghini and puts two fingers up to homeless people as he drives past. I mean why bring so much unnecessary attention on to yourself? OK, you get away with it for a while, but at some point questions get asked. Awkward questions, and when the answers don't stack up, well it all comes crashing down.

Have they acted out of absolute stupidity, arrogance, or both?
They came in looking to enhance their reputation but, instead, all they have done is taint it even further. To top it off, if they lie and cheat their way through a dirty legal battle they'll look yet worse still. They'll expose themselves as the dirty, disgusting bullies they really are.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Maybe a little bit unfair, a portuguese guy hacked the emails and gave (not sold, gave, as far as I can tell) them to Der Spigel. Not read why he picked Der Spigel but they do have a track record with this sort of thing I guess.  Having said that, I do agree that the english press are mostly gobshites and David Conn is excellent.

Wouldn't surprise me if CAS drop this down to a 1 year ban just because City are going to pay a lot of expensive lawyers to do just that. However, seems like have made no effort to justify the contents of the emails so fuck'em. Hope it all falls apart and they go back down to League One where they belong.

The length of the ban doesn't matter though.

Manchester City's problem is that they have conclusively failed FFP. Without the Fakey Sheikhey and the falsely inflated sponsorship deals they fail FFP every season. FFP is based on a 3 year accounting period so without a fire sale they are effectively banned ad infinitum.

That for me is why the current owners will walk away and the next owners will come to a settlement with UEFA. What is being missed here is that the emails show far more than just FFP breaches. They have breached just about every rule under the book from tapping up young players to breaches of tax regulations. Even worse everything is documented in internal emails.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
It is, but the 2 years undoubtedly gives UEFA wriggle room to amend it to 1, which was always the absolute least they would do.

Although, to be honest, I thought they'd do fuck all... so worn I am by it all.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The bottomless pot of money is all about showing Abu Dhabi in the best possible light though. It is about a PR exercise for an abhorrent regime. It is about using City as a positive that reflects well on Abu Dhabi. They have two options claim they have been the victim of a witch hunt retire gracefully and reappear in a more favourable scenario or air their dirty laundry in public.

For me it will be the former option.

I think they'll pick the latter. They're not used to not getting their way. They will absolutely feel convinced that they did nothing wrong (or nothing that the other clubs wouldn't have done if given the chance) and will pursue this all the way whilst presenting themselves as victims of a conspiracy related to race or region.
A knockout boxer only knows one way to solve a fight that is slipping away; keep going for the knockout blow.

This will be played all over the media waves for a few years, is my guess.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Because of greed?
They'll know the bigger clubs won't have enjoyed the way PSG and City muscled their way into their dinner table and inflated prices for all of them.
Sometimes a small sacrifice is neccessary in the big picture, is how I see UEFA seeing this as.

With a bit of luck, PSG will get their fucking head down now.  Not counting on it mind.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
If this ban sticks then we qualify for next season's Champions League group stage if we beat Norwich tomorrow.

It's February and we're already sorted for CL football next season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
AC Milan got banned for 2 years for the exact same thing. UEFA treat them the way they are treating this lot and they respect AC Milan.

Didn't Milan voluntarily accept a ban because they were only in the Europa League anyway? In the hope that they'd go easy on them in the future.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
Went to a conference at the Emptyhad a couple of years ago. Wasn’t the greatest venue, but it was worth it for the laughs to be had in the hospitality area.
They had giant montages of their legends around the walls of the hospitality/dining area. Christ there was some shite up there. Book, Doyle, and a fair few other cart horses. Was with some other Scousers and we took the piss unmercifully. Someone said that they must have been decent to get on the wall, He shut up when I said I’d seen them all play and they were crap.  Seeing them again in that footage brought back how much money City spent on shite.
Hartford, Reeves, and of course Daddy’s Boy Bond. A team of media stars with all the hairstyles and egos.

(Also it was sad to see the late Tommy Caton there.)
I went to a game there as corporate a couple of years ago. The legend they brought round to glad hand was Andy Dibble. Half the City fans didn't know who he was.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It's OK... I worked out the other day that if the Earth was a football on the corner spot... the asteroid is passing us near the opposite corner flag in the opponents half so it's a long way away. Still too bloody close for comfort but fingers crossed we'll last out.

*Breathes a sigh of relief*  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
We want to celebrate properly. Not "oh well we've won the league today but because City have had points dropped which they've appealed against so we haven't really won it yet".

We don't want that. Take the points off the cheating victims next season.

Carry on lad, give it another post or two and I will pass on the most negative tw@t on Rawk baton.  ;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Livid at  Manc fans on the motd Facebook feeds reacting with anger and innocence... one Manc utd guy replied to a joke about city only having 39 fans the rest being tourists with justice for the 39 and then scouse scum remarks. Just shows what they'll come out with when backed up in a corner.. The connotations of clubs banned in Europe. I bit my tounge but not sure for how long.. Its like the seventies never happened.... Had to unload here.. And breathe...
walk on...walk on...

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Carry on lad, give it another post or two and I will pass on the most negative tw@t on Rawk baton.  ;D ;D

I just don't want anything getting in the way of our achievement this season and ultimately celebrations of the title we've all waited so long for. Do what they like with them beyond that.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite

True, but the fact of who the owners are makes me think otherwise. For them this is an embarrassing moment and they wont to be seen like they have lost

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have to sort of wonder if Abu Dhabi have been utterly stupid or stupendously arrogant.
when you are used to getting your own way and at worst it’s writing a cheque to let things go it probably gets to your head quite a bit

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Livid at  Manc fans on the motd Facebook feeds reacting with anger and innocence... one Manc utd guy replied to a joke about city only having 39 fans the rest being tourists with justice for the 39 and then scouse scum remarks. Just shows what they'll come out with when backed up in a corner.. The connotations of clubs banned in Europe. I bit my tounge but not sure for how long.. Its like the seventies never happened.... Had to unload here.. And breathe...

City fans are unhinged. Nasty pieces of work.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan

Haha

Al v Fromola, the battle we all wanted to see - Half empty v 50% empty.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
It might have been discussed in here already, but since City will undoubtedly finish in the top four this season but are banned from the CL next season, will the extra spot go to the 5th placed side? Or will we have to wait to see what the FA and/or UEFA say?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

We all know they are at the Emptyhad to try to cleanse their appalling image and reputation as a regime. They are clearly sensitive over how they are perceived. They buy a non-descript football club in the shadows of three bigger clubs within the North West area and look to make a good name for themselves. Now all that makes good sense up to now.

The problem is, instead of gradually improving the facilities, the management and the team whilst living within the club's means they, instead, make the club look like the drug dealer with no legitimate means of support who is living in a detached house with a pool, drives a Lamborghini and puts two fingers up to homeless people as he drives past. I mean why bring so much unnecessary attention on to yourself? OK, you get away with it for a while, but at some point questions get asked. Awkward questions, and when the answers don't stack up, well it all comes crashing down.

Have they acted out of absolute stupidity, arrogance, or both?
They came in looking to enhance their reputation but, instead, all they have done is taint it even further. To top it off, if they lie and cheat their way through a dirty legal battle they'll look yet worse still. They'll expose themselves as the dirty, disgusting bullies they really are.

It's more on the stupendously arrogant, they thought they could get away with circumnavigating the FFP rules, that arrogance has come to bite them on the arse now.

#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think the ban will be reduced at all to be honest. This isn't like the AC Milan case at all.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
It might have been discussed in here already, but since City will undoubtedly finish in the top four this season but are banned from the CL next season, will the extra spot go to the 5th placed side? Or will we have to wait to see what the FA and/or UEFA say?

It'll go to 5th place, 6th will be Europa League
#Sausages