Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2786434 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Meh, throw them out of the Premier League next season but don't deduct points from them this season. The media narrative will shift to being that our title was tainted seeing as we had no actual competition.
I agree, but I don't think people could throw that one at us considering we are already 22 points ahead with only two thirds of the season gone.

The only thing stopping us walking the league this season is a direct asteroid hit on Earth from a celestial body the size of Japan.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Agreed. Points deduction will mean fuck all this season.

Mathematically winning the league on Sky Sports News when Man City get points deducted.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Wouldn't it be the opposite like it was with Chelsea's ban. City would be suspended unless CAS can overturn the decision in time, right? So City should want the judgement by May or June at the latest.

I'd imagine City will hope any punishment is suspended pending CAS' findings - certainly they'd push for that.  By that measure they'd want to drag this out.  But they couldn't control when UEFA rendered the judgement so it makes it difficult for City to stall.

As I see it they either cooperate for a swift judgement or request for the ban to be suspended pending the appeal, and then try to drag the appeal out into next season.  Can't see CAS going for it though.

EDIT: Furthermore, it's almost certain the PL wont act until CAS confirms the UEFA decision, so even if City can't overturn the judgement or punishment, if they can drag it out a bit they might be able to forestall any penalty for the domestic season.

As for the lawyers, there's only so much you can pay, even to a sports lawyer.  And I'm sure there are plenty of clubs ready and willing to contribute to UEFA's funds for this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:31:29 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
What's the bets that if the PL does act it will be a points deduction on either this season or next. Which will be totally useless considering their ineligible to play in the CL anyway.

It simply has to be, otherwise it's a meaningless, pathetic, empty gesture which shows weakness rather than strength.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have to thank UEFA. I haven't even seen Ms Spion yet, but this has been the best Valentine's Day ever.  :wellin
spare a thought for all those lads in manc who’ve spent a bomb can’t get past a semi

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Points deduction should have been done last season when it mattered the most.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, but these cheating bastards are false champions. We're the real deal. We should have been on our 20th league title now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Relegation to League 2, and - 50 points in their first season

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/21/fifa-investigating-gianni-infantino-election-expenses

The Fifa ethics committee was investigating the president, Gianni Infantino, for allegedly under-declaring the money he spent on his election campaign, before he organised the removal of the committee’s chairmen and members in May.

The declaration of his election expenses was the second issue for which Infantino was under investigation; the ethics committee had also started preliminary inquiries into whether he improperly sought to influence the election in March of a new Confederation of African football president.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/football-sepp-blatter-urges-investigation-of-gianni-infantinos-meetings-with-swiss

The Football Leaks website alleges that Infantino offered favours to a senior Swiss prosecutor, Rinaldo Arnold, in a bid to foster a relationship with Lauber, possibly to obtain privileged information about the Fifa probe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/08/sports/african-soccer-corruption.html

Audit Finds Suspicious Financial Dealings in African Soccer
An investigation into the Confederation of African Football uncovered information suggesting that tens of millions of dollars had been misappropriated.

and on, and on, and on, and...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Points deduction at this stage is pointless to be honest.
I see what you did there.  ;)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Can't see how the premier league can't act against City now to be honest.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So we win the league on a technicality now. FFS.

Let it kick in next season.
wed almost certainly have more points than they could get from this point

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
They have to punish them one way or another as they've broken the rules. Makes no difference to us, considering how far we are ahead of them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
spare a thought for all those lads in manc who’ve spent a bomb can’t get past a semi
:D

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Its a good start. Now retro-respective points deductions for the PL need to follow and maybe if they can put a figure on how much they cheated selling off players to that value?
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
I agree, but I don't think people could throw that one at us considering we are already 22 points ahead with only two thirds of the season gone.

The only thing stopping us walking the league this season is a direct asteroid hit on Earth from a celestial body the size of Japan.

hang on....
https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1241362/Asteroid-warning-NASA-tracks-killer-asteroid-hit-Earth-wipe-out-continent-asteroid-news

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Reports coming through of a premier league points deduction for City is imminent. 

Just on sky sports news

Given that the alleged breaches don't just relate to this season but the prior years to, this must mean any potential points deductions should apply to those season as well? Probably won't happen either way but if it did, can't see why it would only be for this season?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So we win the league on a technicality now. FFS.

Let it kick in next season.

ARE YOU FUCKIN HAPPY ABOUT ANYTHING EVER?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Reports coming through of a premier league points deduction for City is imminent. 

Just on sky sports news

Surely Sky Sports doing Sky Sports?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Relegation to League 2, and - 50 points in their first season

And forced to keep and play John Stones in perpetuity.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
otamendi and bravo too, whilst phil foden remains a benchwarmer

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
wed almost certainly have more points than they could get from this point

Take as many points from them as they want AFTER we've got the title won.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Points deduction at this stage is pointless to be honest.

Which is exactly why they might do it (to me at least)... if they are thinking about it. Great fun tho ;D

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
It is, but it's shitbag retrospective reflection. They knew, they always knew, but they sucked it all up as the PL brand grew stronger with the influx of brilliant players.

I think that is a little unfair John.

It is a bit like watching an athlete improve ridiculously in a short period of time. You are almost certain the improvement isn't legitimate but until you have evidence then there isn't much you can do about it. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Big question here about the credibility of the English press. It took a German newspaper to uncover all this, so begs the question what the fuck were the English papers doing? Forget about the tabloid rags, I'm talking about your 'serious' broadsheets.

Too scared to 'rock the boat'? Weaklings the lot of them, too busy propping up fairytales like a now proven financially corrupt multi-billionaire club beating the likes of the, erm, mighty QPR.

The English press's claim to fame is a myth, independent my arse. Only David Conn pursued this with any vigour and he himself was a boyhood City fan for fuck sake.

While German sports press were doing an unbelievable job, we have to keep up with the likes of Hodgson's boyfriend Henry Winter as one of the peak writers of English football. Barrels being scraped indeed.

Maybe a little bit unfair, a portuguese guy hacked the emails and gave (not sold, gave, as far as I can tell) them to Der Spigel. Not read why he picked Der Spigel but they do have a track record with this sort of thing I guess.  Having said that, I do agree that the english press are mostly gobshites and David Conn is excellent.

Wouldn't surprise me if CAS drop this down to a 1 year ban just because City are going to pay a lot of expensive lawyers to do just that. However, seems like have made no effort to justify the contents of the emails so fuck'em. Hope it all falls apart and they go back down to League One where they belong.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
otamendi and bravo too, whilst phil foden remains a benchwarmer

Blimey, I thought I was being fair, you've gone all draconian!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Take as many points from them as they want AFTER we've got the title won.

It makes no difference to us you need to man up about this.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
It makes no difference to us you need to man up about this.

Steward! Where are the stewards!?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Liverpool, under FSG have been operating under the concept of kaizen - 改善 - "continuous improvement".

Man city, under Sheikh Mansour, have been using the lesser-known Japanese concept of kaizan - 改竄 - "fiddling the books".
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!

Now that really would be too cruel a punishment surely?! :lmao
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Can City appeal though?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Hope they go away now.

Would be nice to have one less rival as we overtake Utd for most league titles.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Can City appeal though?

Yes, they can.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell what sort of punishment is a points deduction THIS season?? Save it for next season if you want to send a "cheats never prosper" message!  :butt

And make it a big one - 12 to 15 points.

*That said whilst the PL might announce a punishment, I'm sure it will be with the caveat of awaiting the verdict of CAS.  But surely a lot of people must be VERY confident CAS will find against City for them to be so quick to act?

I'm actually starting to think this will get fast tracked by every single court Abu Dhabi appeals to - and will get a fat NO! every single time.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What's the bets that if the PL does act it will be a points deduction on either this season or next. Which will be totally useless considering their ineligible to play in the CL anyway.

Nah they should be allowed the option of avoiding a points deduction if they agree to officially changing their name to Cheating Abu Dhabi Human Rights Abusing Plastic Sister Fingering FC and their ground to the Emptyhad Kopparberg Cryarsing Victimdome .

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
Fucking hell what sort of punishment is a points deduction THIS season?? Save it for next season if you want to send a "cheats never prosper" message!  :butt

And make it a big one - 12 to 15 points.

*That said whilst the PL might announce a punishment, I'm sure it will be with the caveat of awaiting the verdict of CAS.  But surely a lot of people must be VERY confident CAS will find against City for them to be so quick to act?

I'm actually starting to think this will get fast tracked by every single court Abu Dhabi appeals to - and will get a fat NO! every single time.

How would that work, would they start on minus points?
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written

Good, never wanted the Champions League anyway. Now we can focus on the Caravan Cup!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd