Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 579959 times)

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #1200 on: September 5, 2022, 07:59:51 pm »
James Pearce says Curtis Jones "will be assessed" for the Napoli game after missing out on Everton

Carvalho a doubt with a dead leg.
The change is cast

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: September 6, 2022, 12:49:20 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1567115473338212355?s=20&t=O6H9yHbnmoM-tXDPu0hJ-A

No Curtis or Fabio in training today
Fabio was expected with the dead leg.

Jones is starting to worry me a bit - he's missing out on some prime development time.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1203 on: September 6, 2022, 12:50:18 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1567115473338212355?s=20&t=O6H9yHbnmoM-tXDPu0hJ-A

No Curtis or Fabio in training today

Fabio did take a heavy knock.

Hopefully just needs a rest and nothing too serious.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1204 on: September 6, 2022, 12:50:49 pm »
Fabio was expected with the dead leg.

Jones is starting to worry me a bit - he's missing out on some prime development time.

It sounded like it was touch and go whether Jones would make it or not so expect he's not too far away. I assume he wasn't really fit when he made the bench recently unless this is something new.

Fabio did take a heavy knock.

Hopefully just needs a rest and nothing too serious.

Yeah fairly sure Klopp said at the time it was a dead leg, that midweek was unlikely and he'd likely be back for the weekend. As expected really with a proper dead leg.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: September 6, 2022, 12:51:19 pm »
It sounded like it was touch and go whether Jones would make it or not so expect he's not too far away. I assume he wasn't really fit when he made the bench recently unless this is something new.

That's my hope too.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1206 on: September 6, 2022, 12:53:43 pm »

Yeah fairly sure Klopp said at the time it was a dead leg, that midweek was unlikely and he'd likely be back for the weekend. As expected really with a proper dead leg.

Considering he was the only player injured in the Derby this games butcher’s bill is pretty low.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: September 6, 2022, 01:22:02 pm »
but we still don't know what Jones injury is, correct?

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1208 on: September 6, 2022, 01:23:56 pm »
but we still don't know what Jones injury is, correct?

The last one was his calf I think, Klopp said it was stress induced. It's possible he was just on the bench in case of emergency as midfield was so depleted but we'd have been very reluctant to use him, then once Arthur came in we decided to give him a little bit more time. Either that or a slight reoccurrence or something else minor as it sounds like he's close to a return.

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #1209 on: September 6, 2022, 01:57:28 pm »
Didn’t see Carvalho in the training video.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: September 6, 2022, 01:58:40 pm »
Jones is a concern at this point. He's missing a lot of football. Although obviously partly that's down to freak occurrences (like the eye injury).

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: September 6, 2022, 02:12:54 pm »
Didn’t see Carvalho in the training video.
he wasn't involved - dead leg.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: September 8, 2022, 07:56:53 am »
No Jones on the bench again last night. The mysterious shit continues. Someone said James Pearce talked about him getting assessed before the game, but I couldn't see any evidence of that. Either way, we could really do with someone on the right side of midfield who's:

a) under the age of 36
and
b) an actual midfielder, not a number 10

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: September 8, 2022, 01:45:44 pm »
No Jones on the bench again last night. The mysterious shit continues. Someone said James Pearce talked about him getting assessed before the game, but I couldn't see any evidence of that. Either way, we could really do with someone on the right side of midfield who's:

a) under the age of 36
and

Do you usually see evidence of players being assessed before a game? 

Also, a number 10 is a midfielder. 

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1214 on: September 8, 2022, 02:08:45 pm »

a) under the age of 36
and

It's mystery solved with Jones now isn't it? Reoccurrence of a stress fracture in his tibia. Less severe than before but surely a 4-6 week injury minimum of which 6-9 days have elapsed so far (since his bench appearance).

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: September 8, 2022, 04:52:23 pm »
Do you usually see evidence of players being assessed before a game? 

Also, a number 10 is a midfielder.

Mate, I meant evidence that Pearce had said it. Thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

And a number 10 isn't a midfielder in the way we've played the past 6 years.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: September 8, 2022, 04:54:02 pm »
It's mystery solved with Jones now isn't it? Reoccurrence of a stress fracture in his tibia. Less severe than before but surely a 4-6 week injury minimum of which 6-9 days have elapsed so far (since his bench appearance).

Thanks for that. Couldn't see detail of it anywhere, but that's pretty shit news if accurate.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1217 on: September 9, 2022, 09:45:12 am »
Think it has been confirmed postponement of games for at least 1 week.

From a footballing point of view is great for us to get some players back and have time on the training ground

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: September 9, 2022, 09:47:46 am »

From a footballing point of view is great for us to get some players back and have time on the training ground

Nothing confirmed yet. Meeting at 11 and it'll sound like it's up to the clubs to decide whether to play

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: September 9, 2022, 09:52:24 am »
Nothing confirmed yet. Meeting at 11 and it'll sound like it's up to the clubs to decide whether to play

I got some information from my work that all English games at least will be cancelled this weekend.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: September 9, 2022, 10:22:09 am »
Postponement is good news from an injury perspective, but the mawkishness of it pisses me off no end.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: September 9, 2022, 10:33:06 am »
Postponement is good news from an injury perspective, but the mawkishness of it pisses me off no end.
tbf i would welcome postponement of all games til after teh funeral, thats gets teh players back and would make our next game against rangers

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: September 9, 2022, 11:08:44 am »

Anyone remember the story of Liverpool "preparing" (I think in Israel ???, somewhere warm anyway) for a European Cup final against Roma ? A rather interesting if (now) dated approach to drinking the resort dry and then having ice box's of cold beers awaiting them on the training ground the next morning. With all due respect to sports science and religion it might do the bulk of them no harm to work a few things out in a different way together. Just a thought...

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #1223 on: September 9, 2022, 11:08:59 am »
If the club has the option then we should proceed with our fixtures. Thiago is back and needs minutes, as does Nunez and Melo. You only get matchfit by playing matches. In addition it will give us an advantage later on in the season as other teams will have a more congested schedule.

However, I expect FSG to do whatever they are told to do for fear of upsetting the type of people that despise everything the club stands for. I think they are spineless in matters political and will fail to represent the best interests of the club/supporters here, but that's who they are.

By the way I do respect the Queen and admire her work ethic and service for her country but like the poppy debate, her death will be hijacked by various political interests to hammer home their own toxic narrow-minded nationalism, and nobody, least of all FSG will have the courage to oppose that.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1224 on: September 10, 2022, 06:38:43 am »
Usually after a disappointing defeat and performance I'd want us to play again as soon as possible, but I think this unexpected break couldn't have come at a better time.

Hopefully they all get away somewhere together for a few days for a reset. Most of them look mentally and physically exhausted, and although they'll still need to train and maintain fitness, they look like they need rest more than anything after such a hectic season/pre season, and the early start in the league.

By the time we play next, Thiago, Matip and Jota should be up to full match fitness, Carvalho should be over his dead leg, and Hendo/Konate/Ramsay hopefully not too far away. Jones, Keita and Ox sound more medium-term but at least we'll be moving in the right direction. Melo and Nunez will also have had another week with the squad to build understanding of our system and their team mates. Then there's the international break soon, with the World Cup only 2 months after that.

A week (possibly more) with no games is a blessing after our sluggish start and injuries, and I never thought I'd be grateful for  a season with so many breaks - they could really help us get back to our best and shake off the hangover from the quadruple efforts.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1225 on: September 10, 2022, 09:12:52 am »
Usually after a disappointing defeat and performance I'd want us to play again as soon as possible, but I think this unexpected break couldn't have come at a better time.

Hopefully they all get away somewhere together for a few days for a reset. Most of them look mentally and physically exhausted, and although they'll still need to train and maintain fitness, they look like they need rest more than anything after such a hectic season/pre season, and the early start in the league.

By the time we play next, Thiago, Matip and Jota should be up to full match fitness, Carvalho should be over his dead leg, and Hendo/Konate/Ramsay hopefully not too far away. Jones, Keita and Ox sound more medium-term but at least we'll be moving in the right direction. Melo and Nunez will also have had another week with the squad to build understanding of our system and their team mates. Then there's the international break soon, with the World Cup only 2 months after that.

A week (possibly more) with no games is a blessing after our sluggish start and injuries, and I never thought I'd be grateful for  a season with so many breaks - they could really help us get back to our best and shake off the hangover from the quadruple efforts.

European away on the Wednesday followed by a Saturday 3pm is never ideal either and although we've got a good record against Wolves it's always a very tough game. Even last season we couldn't break them down at their place until the last kick of the game with Divock and the home game was a real struggle, won on pure adrenaline. Then we'd have had to go again on the Tuesday against Ajax in a must win followed by Chelsea away. The season could have really unravelled over that 10 days.

If we play Ajax we can put a stronger side out. Matip back in, Thiago back in, Arthur ready for more minutes, Carvalho should be back on the bench and it's a strong team and bench. If we'd had to play today you either get 30 or 60 minutes from Thiago and Carvalho probably misses out. Plus the players would still have a European away game and trip in their legs from Wednesday night.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Topwings!

• Main Stander
« Reply #1226 on: September 10, 2022, 11:58:10 pm »
What are the chances of Chelsea match going ahead next Sunday the day before the funeral?   If the game is postponed as well, we won't be back in league action until early October.   So effectively, one competitive match (Ajax next Tuesday) in 3 weeks but lots of time for mental/physical recovery for senior personnel and rejigging of squad Klopp.  This could just be what we need.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1227 on: September 12, 2022, 12:07:21 pm »
Robbo out with a knee injury… might not be the worst thing for him…(provided it’s only minor of course)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: September 12, 2022, 12:07:55 pm »
What are the chances of Chelsea match going ahead next Sunday the day before the funeral?   If the game is postponed as well, we won't be back in league action until early October.   So effectively, one competitive match (Ajax next Tuesday) in 3 weeks but lots of time for mental/physical recovery for senior personnel and rejigging of squad Klopp.  This could just be what we need.
I suspect there’s a good chance it doesn’t go ahead due to police staffing issues…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: September 12, 2022, 12:14:48 pm »
Robbo out with a knee injury… might not be the worst thing for him…(provided it’s only minor of course)

Injured in training?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: September 12, 2022, 12:15:12 pm »
Oh another injury, there's a surprise.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: September 12, 2022, 12:17:27 pm »
Injured in training?
Didn’t say…. I think Tsimikas deserves a couple of games to freshen things up anyway
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1232 on: September 12, 2022, 12:18:32 pm »
Didn’t say…. I think Tsimikas deserves a couple of games to freshen things up anyway

Its ok because there is an international break and its unlikely the Chelsea game goes ahead. But lets just hope its not a training ground injury because thats just bloody stupid.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: September 12, 2022, 12:21:21 pm »
Hopefully it’s not a bad knee injury.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1234 on: September 12, 2022, 12:24:52 pm »
https://www.liverpoolgecko.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-robertson-injury-liverpool-breaking-24993568

He already had a strapping on his knee in recent game(s) so hopefully it's just a precaution and something relatively minor.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: September 12, 2022, 12:26:26 pm »
Bit of a train wreck this season, hope a few players can get some fitness back.

Normally a lengthy break would disrupt our momentum but since we don't have any, it's no bad thing. Trouble is, fixture congestion, to compound all the other issues this year.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: September 12, 2022, 12:31:47 pm »
Bit of a train wreck this season, hope a few players can get some fitness back.

Normally a lengthy break would disrupt our momentum but since we don't have any, it's no bad thing. Trouble is, fixture congestion, to compound all the other issues this year.

I would welcome fixture congestion in the second half of the season as it would mean we have been successful.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: September 12, 2022, 12:32:01 pm »
At least we have a proper decent back up.  There have been calls for Kostas to be getting the nod ahead of Robbo anyway.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: September 12, 2022, 12:33:53 pm »
At least we have a proper decent back up.  There have been calls for Kostas to be getting the nod ahead of Robbo anyway.

Yes there had but I am not convinced yet. Thought Roberston looked more dangerous against Everton than Tsimikas was.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: September 12, 2022, 01:22:44 pm »
Robertson felt injury in 93rd minute against Napoli, back after international break.

Jones still not available, Carvalho is fine.