Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2091729 times)

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #30320 on: February 7, 2023, 03:07:52 pm »
They don’t need that much. They can trace the original purchaser just from the seat number, it’d be easy. Really wouldn’t be hard for the club to root out repeat offenders, they wouldn’t need anything more than the ticket. If anything dodgy had gone on you’d expect the ticket holder would have proof of reporting their phone as stolen etc so it wouldn’t be difficult to prove what people were up to.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30321 on: February 7, 2023, 03:09:22 pm »
I know what you mean but obviously that's not that easy, otherwise the club would have done it.
It could also be that the club will need to disclose the information how and where they got the person and sites may not be cooperating with them.  It's silly but there are lots of stupid things they need to show and prove how they obtained them.

I suppose that's what I'm getting at - I'm wondering if anyone knows what those barriers are. The sites wouldn't need to share any data with the club as they would have the person's seat details to hand once they bought the ticket. From a glance over the T&Cs on the website it pretty much seems like the club have covered their own arses on virtually any reason for the withdrawal of a ST, going as far as saying it remains their property and they can essentially take it back any time they like. In my opinion, in the case of a legal challenge by a ST holder that they had paid for a product that they couldn't use, the club should even be prepared to issue a pro rata refund to them before immediately cancelling the ST - that wouldn't cost them anything as they could sell the seat for the rest of the season on a game-by-game basis. I realise that all of this takes time, effort and money but if they are serious about tackling touting it seems like such an obvious fix.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 03:11:01 pm by gregor »

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #30322 on: February 7, 2023, 04:11:47 pm »
every single sale should be a ballot - will be a fair way of ensuring that people are selected at random rather than having a way to bypass the system.
 you should register for interest like the bulks and be offered a ticket so on and so forth
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #30323 on: February 7, 2023, 04:13:10 pm »
If the club doesn't want to take a financial hit on this, they should use a few games in the early gameweeks against some less recognised opposition, like Bournemouth, Crystal Palace etc., so they probably pay less to buyout the ticket at the touting website and still have like 15 home games ahead, they can cancel the ST and put that seat back on regular sale on club's website for the remainder of the season, which returns the invested amount + returns the seat to the fans who actually want to go to the game.
Those on ST waiting list might get to their 'promised land' the following season or the seat might return to the bulk salem either option is better than leaving this seat sold at extortionate prices by the touts.
In one.

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #30324 on: February 7, 2023, 04:53:26 pm »
every single sale should be a ballot - will be a fair way of ensuring that people are selected at random rather than having a way to bypass the system.
 you should register for interest like the bulks and be offered a ticket so on and so forth

With the current chaos, absolutely this.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #30325 on: February 7, 2023, 10:23:09 pm »
Definitely loads more hospos for this one, never seen so many!

Because they know they can get away with charging £300 per seat for this game (or more), pure greed!
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #30326 on: February 8, 2023, 08:13:49 am »
Because they know they can get away with charging £300 per seat for this game (or more), pure greed!
Yep they know exactly what they are doing, cheapest hospo for this one is 690 quid...(Aintree, Hilton etc) Imagine paying that for a seat in the corner of the upper annie.. Think the exact same tickets were "only" 260 for Ajax

Edit: just seen a cheaper one for £546 in the Hilton.. absolute bargain!
« Last Edit: February 8, 2023, 08:16:54 am by Kenny19 »

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30327 on: February 8, 2023, 08:18:33 am »
Yep they know exactly what they are doing, cheapest hospo for this one is 690 quid...(Aintree, Hilton etc) Imagine paying that for a seat in the corner of the upper annie.. Think the exact same tickets were "only" 260 for Ajax

Edit: just seen a cheaper one for £546 in the Hilton.. absolute bargain!

Definitely pricing out locals. What average scouser has £546 disposable for one game!

Offline Bonzai25

• Kemlynite
« Reply #30328 on: February 8, 2023, 08:16:59 pm »
Can see your point mate 100% but for the supporters that have been building credits over the years, be a case of can't please everyone

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30329 on: February 8, 2023, 08:34:21 pm »

No way. The ballot is awful enough as it is. Truly stop the queue bypasses and have a totally random queue for each sale and I'd be happy.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #30330 on: February 8, 2023, 09:30:51 pm »
No way. The ballot is awful enough as it is. Truly stop the queue bypasses and have a totally random queue for each sale and I'd be happy.

they happen at the moment for bulk sales. you should register your intrest and then be put into a pool. if theres say 1000 tickets available then 2000 people should have the chance to buy a ticket.  it should work exactly the same as for finals. any left overs window sale them or something
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #30331 on: February 9, 2023, 06:37:56 am »

Gets mentioned a few times this but I suspect it's actually a lot of work to co-ordinate for the club, instead of just dumping tickets onto the site at random.

Also the ballot is a bit crap imo. At least with the refreshing there's the illusion of being in control of buying your own tickets. The ballot is a joyless experience for the vast majority.

More seats needed.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #30332 on: February 9, 2023, 11:45:44 am »
massive drop for everton there I was lucky enough to be online when it did, had a choice all round the ground

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #30333 on: February 9, 2023, 11:54:56 am »
Think I missed the major drop, but managed to pick up a pair in AR Upper, that don’t look like ST returns
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #30334 on: February 9, 2023, 11:58:58 am »
Think I missed the major drop, but managed to pick up a pair in AR Upper, that don’t look like ST returns

I was on they drip fed the AR 227 and 228 ones out then hit a massive drop I picked up member returns in KL

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30335 on: February 9, 2023, 01:33:48 pm »
I’ve had a nightmare and looks like I won’t be able to make the game now. I’ve just tried to forward onto someone on my friends & family list but it goes back into the basket screen and won’t let me transfer it. Is this because they don’t have the necessary 4 credits for a Cat A game?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30336 on: February 9, 2023, 01:35:06 pm »
I’ve had a nightmare and looks like I won’t be able to make the game now. I’ve just tried to forward onto someone on my friends & family list but it goes back into the basket screen and won’t let me transfer it. Is this because they don’t have the necessary 4 credits for a Cat A game?

The recipient doesn't need any previous credits.

Assume you've accepted the terms and conditions on the 'purchase' screen?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ScuzzyP

• Main Stander
« Reply #30337 on: February 9, 2023, 01:41:16 pm »

"Please note that tickets purchased during this sale WILL NOT be available to FORWARD or DISTRIBUTE to other supporters."

Probably explains why duvva.....
Scousers rule the country like we've always done before!

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30338 on: February 9, 2023, 01:46:27 pm »
The recipient doesn't need any previous credits.

Assume you've accepted the terms and conditions on the 'purchase' screen?
"Please note that tickets purchased during this sale WILL NOT be available to FORWARD or DISTRIBUTE to other supporters."

Probably explains why duvva.....

There’s no t&c’s to tick, so sounds like they’re not available to forward. However the Forward button isn’t usually available if it’s not an option is it?

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #30339 on: February 9, 2023, 02:11:17 pm »

what happens in the basket screen you have to forward from that screen , theres a second dropdown at the bottom of that you select the receiver and proceed, does it go into the basket after this

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30340 on: February 9, 2023, 02:25:00 pm »
what happens in the basket screen you have to forward from that screen , theres a second dropdown at the bottom of that you select the receiver and proceed, does it go into the basket after this
When I click on Forward I’m able to choose the person I want to forward to, then it goes to the basket screen again. There’s no further drop down there and the warning at the top says the person isn’t eligible. As Scuzzy mentioned above it does say you can’t forward or distribute in these late sales so it’s probably that, but forward being available makes it a little confusing.

Should also note that the tickets are already bought they’re not in the basket until I try to forward

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30341 on: February 9, 2023, 02:30:05 pm »
My friend has just been told that it’s because he hasn’t got the NFC pass downloaded, and that once he’s done that I should be able to forward them - does that sound right?

Looks like this has worked.

Still doesn’t explain why I can forward when I’m the t&c’s it says you can’t, but I’ve given up trying to understand the rules and regs, thank god for this forum otherwise we’d be nowhere half the time
« Last Edit: February 9, 2023, 02:33:38 pm by duvva 💅 »

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #30342 on: February 9, 2023, 02:34:00 pm »
My friend has just been told that it’s because he hasn’t got the NFC pass downloaded, and that once he’s done that I should be able to forward them - does that sound right?

Still doesn’t explain why I can forward when I’m the t&c’s it says you can’t, but I’ve given up trying to understand the rules and regs, thank god for this forum otherwise we’d be nowhere half the time

Yes mate you need the NFC

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #30343 on: February 9, 2023, 02:48:13 pm »

Yeah as you found out, if that warning comes up its says 1 of 0 allowed or something means the NFC isn't there to transfer it

Offline The_Rebel

• Kopite
« Reply #30344 on: February 9, 2023, 04:48:08 pm »
any drops for madrid yet? getting a bit sick of refreshing a thousand times a day now
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains"

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #30345 on: February 9, 2023, 05:17:00 pm »
There won't be any drops for Madrid till next week tue-wed.

Offline Terry Hanks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #30346 on: February 10, 2023, 07:51:40 am »
When have they tried buying up tickets on tout sites and cancelling them? And why don't they simply keep doing it? It genuinely baffles me, and I've said on here before I don't know if there is a legal loophole stopping them from doing that or something, but the T&Cs seem quite clear on it. A simple Google of "Liverpool v Everton tickets" and the first hit is a site with 869 tickets available for the Derby. Those tickets range from £95 for a severely restricted view in the Lower Anny Road, to £2750 for seats in the Main Stand with 1892 Lounge access. Do the club not want to take the hit financially buy purchasing them? It seems like peanuts when you consider the weekly wages of players - and they could sell the tickets back to people at face value to recover some of the money. As for Season Tickets as someone said above these have already been paid for so the club wouldn't really lose much at all, and could immediately offer them to people at the top of the list in the summer.
I think other clubs have tried, Chelsea was one I think.
It didn't last long no idea why.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #30347 on: February 10, 2023, 04:29:46 pm »
any drops for madrid yet? getting a bit sick of refreshing a thousand times a day now

No mate, returns will start after the 15th I’d expect, I’d start looking from Wednesday
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30348 on: February 10, 2023, 04:49:42 pm »
Around 20 tickets AU there for the derby in the last hour
Grabbed a pair (members)

Offline Bonzai25

• Kemlynite
« Reply #30349 on: February 10, 2023, 05:54:50 pm »
Still a few tickets dropping at the minute for those that need & have criteria
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 05:59:48 pm by Bonzai25 »

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #30350 on: February 10, 2023, 09:22:29 pm »
Around 20 tickets AU there for the derby in the last hour
Grabbed a pair (members)

Got one myself

Offline kopte4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #30351 on: February 11, 2023, 12:11:22 pm »
interesting news article today from BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64497260

Top Premier League clubs each have between 8-12,000 season tickets, memberships and hospitality tickets under the control of touts, claims a leading security expert.
Reg Walker, of Iridium Consultancy, believes it is a "significant, rising" problem that requires "cohesive, co-ordinated action" from authorities.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #30352 on: February 11, 2023, 12:51:53 pm »
Still they won't do anything...just media driven stuff   ...nothing ever changes

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #30353 on: February 12, 2023, 01:41:50 pm »
What’s the position on forwarding tickets to someone not on your F&F now they’re removed the QR code.  I can’t go tomorrow is my only option to return it to the club?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30354 on: February 12, 2023, 02:44:01 pm »
When will the Real tickets show up in our wallets? I downloaded the NFC yesterday and the membership in my wallet is blank.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #30355 on: February 12, 2023, 02:51:15 pm »
What’s the position on forwarding tickets to someone not on your F&F now they’re removed the QR code.  I can’t go tomorrow is my only option to return it to the club?
You can't do forward to someone not on your list. You can do distribution twice a season if you haven't done that yet. You'll lose the credit if you do distribution just bare that in mind.

Offline SnowGoon

• Anny Roader
  • Roberto Baggio: The Divine Ponytail
« Reply #30356 on: February 12, 2023, 02:51:51 pm »
When will the Real tickets show up in our wallets? I downloaded the NFC yesterday and the membership in my wallet is blank.

They haven't been pushed out yet, will be after Everton I would imagine. It says not printed in the the tickets menu, just means they haven't pushed them out to the passes.
Eeeeeeeeeegor!

Offline SnowGoon

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30357 on: February 12, 2023, 03:07:06 pm »
You can't do forward to someone not on your list. You can do distribution twice a season if you haven't done that yet. You'll lose the credit if you do distribution just bare that in mind.

Distribution is only for 13+.

If you need to forward the ticket, you or the person recieving the ticket can set up another account. You have 2 weeks to add f&f then. You can forward to that account, then forward to another if needed.

The qrs do still work, but only android. If iPhone I think they stopped completely.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 03:08:58 pm by SnowGoon »
Eeeeeeeeeegor!

Offline SnowGoon

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30358 on: February 12, 2023, 03:20:15 pm »
Also to add to that, you keep the credit if you distribute the ticket. You lose the credit if you forward it.
Eeeeeeeeeegor!

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #30359 on: February 12, 2023, 04:05:59 pm »
Thanks, sorry I used the wrong terminology.

I know I’ll lose the credit if I forward it but I can’t go so wouldn’t get the credit anyway.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 04:07:36 pm by 1964allezallezallez »