Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886570 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:06 pm »
All feels a bit like that player we signed that nobody had heard of, done fuck all then went to Stoke. Ousmane Assidi or some shit.

With all due respect Barney just because you haven't heard about him doesn't mean that the rest of us haven't either. He's a good player, if you watched Monaco last year in Europe at least mate

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:15 pm »
Welcome! :D

It took us 48 hours after the season finished to get this one done. I hate it when we just take forever to get new players signed.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:19 pm »
@Babu Yagu

Mate, are there any players out there that he would compare to?  I've literally never seen him play.  Would he be like an N'zonzi / Matic type or am I completely wrong

Cheers

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #323 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:20 pm »
Emre's body, Emmanuel Petit's brain. Fucking dream of a signing.

I have been talking all season about how the tactical level of our midfield was a big hindrance. This guy is literally the #1 target I had to solve it. Just always thought he was off to United. In a big game, Fabinho, Gini & Keita = opponent not touching the ball once in midfield. Not once. Fabinho = no more long punts for Lukaku to flick on. He just dominates that zone.

Dream of a signing.

And Fekir goes as a forward option or on the bench. Against the bus parkers, pack them in with Fabinho, Keita & Fekir and smash them out of the park. Put Hendo & Ox in whenever they need rest in certain easier games who don't park the bus but we're expected to beat anyway. Good set of options there.

Now the back-ups for the forwards to sort out (& finalize Fekir, that too  :D).

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #324 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:24 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gOMhN-hfMtY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gOMhN-hfMtY</a>

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:43 pm »
If we were going to buy one I'd have liked one who was more a deep lying playmaker than a dm as our weakness in midfield is keeping possession (especially against the press) and penetrative passing against set defences
If we couldn't get Jorginho I was happy with Henderson / Wijnaldam / Keita covering the position - or switching to a double pivot

I'm not against the transfer to be clear its not like he's bad - we've decided to replace Can with similar which is fine - I'm just no clear on how he significantly improves us ... genuinely hope to be proved wrong ...provided we have the cash to get a top quality AM and wide forward as well its all good

I'll give my take on it mate, we normally tend to agree a fair amount on here to be honest.

Fabinho helps us because while he IS the type to play that ball winning role that isn't what his game is limited too.

Playing a high press with a high line, a common tactic to get around this is the long ball approach. Biggest example of us suffering from that this season is without doubt the utd game, long punts to Lukaku, CB steps out of defence we lose the aerial duel and leave space in behind simultaneously. With Fabinho in the side the chances of this happening are minimal, the guys a monster in the air and wins a stupid amount of headers... imagine playing Van Dijk at DM and having his identical twin at CB behind him.

Now a common problem for us is the lack of speed in the DM position in transition, we see a lot of turn, touch touch touch touch touch, chance gone OR pass back to CB and the ball shifting across our back line allowing opposition to retreat and regroup. The difference with Fabinho is that he understands the importance of speed in transition, he was the foundation on which that title winning Monaco side was built, quickly releasing the ball after regaining possession allowing them to catch out the opposition. The best thing about it is he doesn't simply play a load of high risk passes, he reads the game very well and knows when to opt for a long ball forward and when to work play around opposing CMs to open up space for more advanced teammates, he's confident in advancing with the ball and is great at carrying the ball forward with powerful runs, not at the level of Ox but he carrys the ball well and is strong enough to hold off players and advance with possession

He is also formerly a fullback so he understands the importance of support for fullbacks, he covers the width of the pitch and fills that space between CB and fullback that sides like City look to pinpoint so well. That little slide rule pass in between those players is a lot less available with Fabinho anchoring your midfield

I'm so excited about this because he has so much more in his locker than just being a win the ball and pass it to the CB/other CM type player. He is top drawer

Wouldn't look out of his depth in the 8 role so i hope people don't bog him down with the idea he's 'just a DM' he's so so much more
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:05:42 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:49 pm »
Fabinho and Keita should start , with you'd imagine Capt Hendo. That means Fekir could start on the bench! Or, finally we have so much quality and versatility that we can change style and system and still be awesome!!

We're not going to spend 60m for a player to sit on the bench if we sign Fekir. Seriously not going to happen.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:50 pm »
First Mendes client we’ve had?

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2018, 10:04:16 pm »
Fekir played today for France and played very advanced so I could see that to be the case.

Isn't Fekir likely to play in our front three? We desperately need more quality numbers there.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #329 on: May 28, 2018, 10:04:57 pm »
I've always thought this would end up happening.

We need to start pursuing decoys. I want to see the coaching staff scouting Jay Spearing and Lee Cattermole Jack Butland to throw everyone off the scent.

Agreed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:06:43 pm by thekitkatshuffler »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #330 on: May 28, 2018, 10:05:43 pm »
@Babu Yagu

Mate, are there any players out there that he would compare to?  I've literally never seen him play.  Would he be like an N'zonzi / Matic type or am I completely wrong

Cheers

I know the question's not for me, but here's my 2 cents.

He's a bit like N'Zonzi but much more mobile than Matic. He's powerful, presses well, knows when to tackle and when to hold, but also can make driving runs forward. He's a No. 6, No. 8 and a Full-Back all rolled into one. He has played all these positions to a high level.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #331 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:13 pm »
A mere 7 years ago...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14051735

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14170933

Fooorrrrddyyyy!!!

FORDY!!!

He’s slagging off Charlie Adam mate. Tell him. Get him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #332 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:17 pm »
Yeah it does seems a bit crowded at the moment, I just can't see anyone being sold, Wijnaldum would be the most likely but I just dont see it.
Actually think the exact opposite is true, he would be the least likely.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:20 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:25 pm »
I'll give my take on it mate, we normally tend to agree a fair amount on here to be honest.

Fabinho helps us because while he IS the type to play that ball winning role that isn't what his game is limited too.

Playing a high press with a high line, a common tactic to get around this is the long ball approach. Biggest example of us suffering from that this season is without doubt the utd game, long punts to Lukaku, CB steps out of defence we lose the aerial duel and leave space in behind simultaneously. With Fabinho in the side the chances of this happening are minimal, the guys a monster in the air and wins a stupid amount of headers... imagine playing Van Dijk at DM and having his identical twin at CB behind him.

Now a common problem for us is the lack of speed in the DM position in transition, we see a lot of turn, touch touch touch touch touch, chance gone OR pass back to CB and the ball shifting across our back line allowing opposition to retreat and regroup. The difference with Fabinho is that he understands the importance of speed in transition, he was the foundation on which that title winning Monaco side was built, quickly releasing the ball after regaining possession allowing them to catch out the opposition. The best thing about it is he doesn't simply play a load of high risk passes, he reads the game very well and knows when to opt for a long ball forward and when to work play around opposing CMs to open up space for more advanced teammates, he's confident in advancing with the ball and is great at carrying the ball forward with powerful runs, not at the level of Ox but he carrys the ball well and is strong enough to hold off players and advance with possession

He is also formerly a fullback so he understands the importance of support for fullbacks, he covers the width of the pitch and fills that space between CB and fullback that sides like City look to pinpoint so well. That little slide rule pass in between those players is a lot less available with Fabinho anchoring your midfield

I'm so excited about this because he has so much more in his locker than just being a win the ball and pass it to the CB/other CM type player. He is top drawer

Wouldn't look out of his depth in the 8 role so i hope people don't bog him down with the idea he's 'just a DM' he's so so much more
Is he any good in goal?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:27 pm »
his actual name is Fabio Tavares  :D

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:31 pm »
This came out of nowhere! Delighted. He also speaks English already, always a bonus.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:55 pm »
You'll love him Yorky. He's both fantastic on the ball and absolutely dominates his zone in every way. Quick across the deck too for a big guy. Tactically one of the smartest midfielders I've seen.

I’m encouraged that you like him.

Is he brave? Does he want to get on the ball? Does he tend to have an idea of what he wants to do with it before he gets it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2018, 10:06:58 pm »

Who is the first one? (pardon my ignorance if it's a club legend or someone I ought to know)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:01 pm »
Ok, that's three youtube videos done now.

Not sure what time period they were all from, but he seems much more than a sitting DM to me. Anyone watched much of him as a '6'? Has he developed into a more disciplined player positionally? Or does he still play with that freedom to get forward and break between lines?

Looks big, strong, with a good touch and pass and carries the ball well. To be honest, it's making me question whether we're going to see a lot more of the 4-2-3-1 this year? You can certainly see him and Keita as the two with Fekir roaming in the 10 behind the front three? Guess this comes back to the fluidity of formation and line-ups..

Love how we've developed into a properly organised and ruthless club in the transfer market. Night and day from a few years ago.

Onwards redmen. This is the beginning

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #340 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:37 pm »
Isn't Fekir likely to play in our front three? We desperately need more quality numbers there.

Not really. He played more as a 10/8 for Lyon. Think more David Silva off David Villa at Valencia type player but with a lot more end product.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:46 pm »
Also explains why the Fellaini links were all over the place, trying to trick Barca into buying the big lug.
Ooooh, now Butland makes sense....

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »
I know the question's not for me, but here's my 2 cents.

He's a bit like N'Zonzi but much more mobile than Matic. He's powerful, presses well, knows when to tackle and when to hold, but also can make driving runs forward. He's a No. 6, No. 8 and a Full-Back all rolled into one. He has played all these positions to a high level.

Thanks very much mate!

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:27 pm »

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:57 pm »
RedCafe aren’t happy with us:
Saw that earlier, looks like Baldrick left RAWK and signed up to Redcafe

"who the fuck is baldrick?"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:01 pm »
It does raise the question though... wouldn't be a huge shock at this point if one of Wijnaldam / Henderson or Lallana was sold ... I guess AOC's injury makes it less likely  - but if Fekir is really coming too we've got an awful lot of 'plays somewhere in the middle' lads

Milner hasn't got much left in him as a starter & I could see Henderson gone before Wijnaldum,would prefer it as well to be honest.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:11 pm »
If we were going to buy one I'd have liked one who was more a deep lying playmaker than a dm as our weakness in midfield is keeping possession (especially against the press) and penetrative passing against set defences
If we couldn't get Jorginho I was happy with Henderson / Wijnaldam / Keita covering the position - or switching to a double pivot

I'm not against the transfer to be clear its not like he's bad - we've decided to replace Can with similar which is fine - I'm just no clear on how he significantly improves us ... genuinely hope to be proved wrong ...provided we have the cash to get a top quality AM and wide forward as well its all good

Agree with you about how we could improve the midfield. We need someone who is clearly more comfortable on the ball under pressure, someone who can move the ball quickly through midfield. No idea if Fabinho is like that, but reading about him he seems like a more consistent and positionally aware Can, which is a good improvement on what we have but perhaps not exactly what I wanted though. That said, our transfers recently have been outstanding so I’m excited to see him play for us.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:23 pm »
Who is the first one? (pardon my ignorance if it's a club legend or someone I ought to know)
That's Staunton but he used to be knicknamed Fabinho.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:24 pm »

He could, but put our front 3 with Fekir and Keita in midfield, and that would decimate all the park-the-bus sides, plus if Fabinho is every bit as good in the air as some say he is. These teams can forget about playing the ball long to a target man, what with this guy and two centre backs who are among the strongest in the league when it comes to aerial ability.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:33 pm »
I’m encouraged that you like him.

Is he brave? Does he want to get on the ball? Does he tend to have an idea of what he wants to do with it before he gets it?

Have a watch, compilation/edited videos I know, but what the hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTFI_RhouZo&t=339s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgbTpXFWf6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bimgf_9aCvY&t=384s

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2018, 10:10:27 pm »
Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
 1m1 minute ago
#LFC's recent work in the transfer market - Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Naby Keita - has seen other clubs closely take note (evidenced by Barcelona trying to hijack a deal for the latter) and so the quiet policy with Fabinho and others is by design

Makes sense. Probably why Fekir was leaked by French before British press.

As it should be! Reminds of when Spurs would suddenly become interested in every target we were interested in for a bunch of years in a row. Get your own staff you leeches! We should go "be careless" with a few decoys. A few "Charlie Adam's corners are worth £10m alone", you feel me? Let's get Barcelona blowing five years' turnover on Ryan Shawcross
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2018, 10:10:28 pm »

I mean I would be beyond shocked if he left, but I just can't envision a world where anyone else leaves.

Online aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2018, 10:11:31 pm »
Yeah I agree. Wijnaldum seems like very much a Klopp player.

I think we might go with a 442 like Monaco and Leipzig next season. Keita and Fabinho in the middle with Mane and Fekir/someone else wide and Firmino and Salah upfront. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2018, 10:11:55 pm »

The best thing about this signing is that it completely dispels doubts that the manager and recruitment team don’t see / understand what the team needs to address, as fans we are hostage to our emotions and rational thinking goes out of the window when we suffer a loss or two

I feel confident that we can make a big step up this year

Also the shorter window needs a mention as teams will get caught out if they don’t make most of them signing before the wc

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:01 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'
Yeah exactly this. If you see the game tactically then players like Fabinho, Petit, Makelele, Mauro Silva - they win you titles. If we had Fabinho on the pitch on Saturday, we probably don't surrender territory and possession to Madrid. I mentioned after the game that I think Klopp will have a hard look at the core of the team now that have lost him 3 finals and ask tough questions. This is probably the first step there. Interesting times.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2018, 10:12:24 pm »
It does raise the question though... wouldn't be a huge shock at this point if one of Wijnaldam / Henderson or Lallana was sold ... I guess AOC's injury makes it less likely  - but if Fekir is really coming too we've got an awful lot of 'plays somewhere in the middle' lads

Surely, it would be Milner who would leave which I doubt would happen this season. Isn't milner out of contract this summer?

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2018, 10:13:45 pm »

Steve Staunton (aka "Stan") with us in the late 1980s
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2018, 10:13:46 pm »
His former teammate Keita Balde:

'There is something in him. He is a bit like Busquets: he is a player that normal people do not look at, they watch Messi, Neymar, Suarez ... But someone who knows football will say that he is beautiful. Fabinho gave me the same feeling as Busquets'
That sounds great though, exactly what I think we need. Busquets is brilliant when under pressure.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2018, 10:14:07 pm »
his actual name is Fabio Tavares  :D
You are dead to me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2018, 10:14:33 pm »
All feels a bit like that player we signed that nobody had heard of, done fuck all then went to Stoke. Ousmane Assidi or some shit.

:lmao

Guy was wanted by half of Europe's top clubs and was a lynchpin of Monaco's league win.