Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 193608 times)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1640 on: July 22, 2021, 11:11:51 am »
More shock than hate...
Heard one on the radio this morning for pillows.
67 fucking quid they want for 2 pillows  :o
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1641 on: July 22, 2021, 11:54:07 am »
The radio Ad for Skoda. Its just because they have what  assume is the proper pronunciation, but she says it as Sccchhhhkoda and it annoys the fuck out of me.

Also, those ads where they have to put stupid sounds in like someone typing on a keyboard. Just tell me what the fuck you are trying to sell me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #1642 on: July 22, 2021, 12:55:47 pm »
The radio Ad for Skoda. Its just because they have what  assume is the proper pronunciation, but she says it as Sccchhhhkoda and it annoys the fuck out of me.

Also, those ads where they have to put stupid sounds in like someone typing on a keyboard. Just tell me what the fuck you are trying to sell me.

Spooky , was just coming here to post this . It's the fact that she says it repeatedly as well
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1643 on: July 22, 2021, 01:52:53 pm »
"Ourtime"

"I just cant believe how lucky I am" says the bearded clam with a beard.

All the ladies in it are nice and the blokes aren't.

Offline Dalglish to Rush

• Main Stander
« Reply #1644 on: July 26, 2021, 11:50:36 am »
That Funding Circle ad with the creepy, CGI, singing baby.  :o

Horrible!

Hate these types of ads, the kids always look possessed. They’d be good ads for any company dealing in exorcisms I suppose.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: July 26, 2021, 09:00:53 pm »

That Funding Circle ad with the creepy, CGI, singing baby.  :o

Horrible!

I love its creepiness to be honest and "I am the Future" by the ultra creepy Alice Cooper is so apt. :)

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: July 27, 2021, 04:45:56 pm »
This one's for everyone out there.
Our loved ones.
Those of us who've made sacrifices over the past year.
For all of us who stayed indoors.
Who clapped for our carers.
The lockdown quizzers and the work from homers.
We just wanted to say.
Thank you Britain.
Let's build back stronger.
With a new kitchen from Wickes.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1647 on: August 12, 2021, 08:31:46 pm »
The Lenor one where they're all singing  :puke2
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1648 on: August 16, 2021, 01:48:20 am »
Lidl advert with saxaphone player.... Absolute ripoff of the classic 'Sexy Sax Man'...  :boxhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: August 25, 2021, 06:28:47 pm »
I've said  it before, and i'll say it again.

Foreign adverts that are dubbed, and usually very badly at that.

Generic foreign adverts, for all marketplaces.  :wanker

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: August 25, 2021, 06:54:39 pm »
All the cancer adverts.

I know it's important they raise money, but having lost yet another mate to cancer this year and my mates 21 yr old son undergoing chemo, I've had enough of having it rammed down my throat. Its not like we fucking well forget the bastard is it?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: August 31, 2021, 06:32:51 pm »
Have just seen the new Macdonalds ad and now I am angry.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #1652 on: September 8, 2021, 11:07:04 am »
The Lenor one where they're all singing  :puke2

Or the Lenor one where they are in that bed...
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1653 on: September 12, 2021, 10:03:34 pm »
Peloton back on again. Twats.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: September 13, 2021, 10:53:09 am »

Letsuhhhhh gouhhh pehhlotonnnn

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: September 13, 2021, 01:22:42 pm »

I think all adverts involving fitness and the fitness community, especially the enthusiastic ones, are shite.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1656 on: September 13, 2021, 03:37:14 pm »
It's interesting how these ad campaigns can overwhelm you and are seemingly everywhere. Don't think I had heard of Peloton about 2 months ago - now its all you see and hear. Even on podcasts ad breaks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: September 13, 2021, 03:39:58 pm »
It's interesting how these ad campaigns can overwhelm you and are seemingly everywhere. Don't think I had heard of Peloton about 2 months ago - now its all you see and hear. Even on podcasts ad breaks.

Just when you think you are out they lure you back in with glimpses of saucy girls in Lycra.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1658 on: September 20, 2021, 09:15:54 pm »
"Cazoo - yeah, you can"

What the hell does that even mean?

Am I missing something?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: September 20, 2021, 09:19:19 pm »
that ohh  we've got a card reader now - oooooooooooooohhh

utter shite, dont even know what it advertises
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #1660 on: September 21, 2021, 12:09:58 pm »

Can’t stand that one either.

I saw an advert for Christmas stuff the other day, “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” playing in the background. 16th September. Got to be some sort of record that.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: September 21, 2021, 12:31:31 pm »
Can’t stand that one either.

I saw an advert for Christmas stuff the other day, “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” playing in the background. 16th September. Got to be some sort of record that.

Been saying this in the Brexit thread, get your Christmas stuff early this year, its going to be a nightmare with the driver shortage.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1662 on: September 21, 2021, 01:28:44 pm »
Haribo. Again.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: September 21, 2021, 01:30:24 pm »
Been saying this in the Brexit thread, get your Christmas stuff early this year, its going to be a nightmare with the driver shortage.

Or be sensible and just don't bother
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: September 21, 2021, 02:09:32 pm »
Or be sensible and just don't bother

You've never met my missus :lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: September 27, 2021, 01:21:34 pm »
Hattons of London and their blah gold 50 pence piece celebrating 50 years of decimalisation

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: September 27, 2021, 01:29:13 pm »

xmas will be great round yours now your on mega bucks  ;)
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: September 27, 2021, 02:11:29 pm »
xmas will be great round yours now your on mega bucks  ;)

Haven't had a pay rise :no

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: September 27, 2021, 02:14:51 pm »
Haven't had a pay rise :no

Sorry to hear that

Was just pulling your leg

are the media stories about drivers getting paid more true or bollocks

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: September 27, 2021, 02:53:48 pm »
Sorry to hear that

Was just pulling your leg

are the media stories about drivers getting paid more true or bollocks

I know you were.

Some have, some haven't. Our kid got a £7k rise, others got fuck all. Loads have been getting rises and bonuses to move and they'll all get finished up in January, so that they can take all the newbies on that will pass their tests in the next few weeks and the wages can be brought back down again.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: October 4, 2021, 01:34:08 pm »
Love this thread as a radio copywriter. All the things we write that we think are genius, consumers hate. Brilliant!  ;D

The thinking behind it was have an accent that stands out from the typical regional ads you'll hear.

As long as no one bitches about the LFC hospitality ad that was on Capital Liverpool, I'm fine.

I switch channels as soon as the advert starts. 

The Hayes connor one sounds like it was written by an idiot, the voice over pauses at all the wrong places in the script. He speaks one word and I'm "Alexa, play....".
If I did have a data breach, I'd never use them, cos if the ad is that shite, then I expect the company to be shite too ;D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1671 on: October 12, 2021, 02:21:03 pm »
Hattons of London and their blah gold 50 pence piece celebrating 50 years of decimalisation
You probably want to get one now before Boris and Rees Mogg bring back schillings and pence.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: October 12, 2021, 02:30:36 pm »

I find it hard to believe that the advertising company got the OK to actually air that advert, & even worse the card reader company paid them good money to do so.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1673 on: October 12, 2021, 02:34:31 pm »
There's a radio advert that I rush to switch off every time it comes on when I'm driving. Don't know the name of the car company it's advertising, but the bloke speaking has a high pitched, excitable voice that really grates on me.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: October 12, 2021, 02:39:55 pm »
There's a radio advert that I rush to switch off every time it comes on when I'm driving. Don't know the name of the car company it's advertising, but the bloke speaking has a high pitched, excitable voice that really grates on me.

Cazoo most likely and Rylan off the telly.

You're in the driving seat now Britain. :butt

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: October 12, 2021, 03:27:01 pm »
Cazoo most likely and Rylan off the telly.

You're in the driving seat now Britain. :butt

apparently a wedge is some sort of golf bat

(from the radio version)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: October 12, 2021, 04:08:46 pm »
apparently a wedge is some sort of golf bat

(from the radio version)

"wanna buy him a sporty little convertable"

I listen to Planet Rock all day during the week and on a saturday if working and I hear that advert every bloody hour :no

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1677 on: October 12, 2021, 09:26:07 pm »

Also, every break on Smooth FM there's irritating kids' voices talking about learning about money.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:28:05 pm by bradders1011 »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: October 13, 2021, 09:43:24 am »

Also, every break on Smooth FM there's irritating kids' voices talking about learning about money.
;D brilliant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: October 13, 2021, 09:47:01 am »
You probably want to get one now before Boris and Rees Mogg bring back schillings and pence.

Sounds a bit too European.

I'd happily buy a twenty four carat gold plated farthing and thru'penny bit set. Fond memories of my pocket money days when you could buy proper Smarties, the Hostspur and a Jublee and still have change.