Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2553278 times)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #31800 on: August 31, 2021, 08:39:29 pm »
The ones who want another forward for £40 or £50 million who will realistically sit on the bench for most of the season are the best ;D 

We've got Origi, a more settled Minamino and some kid called Elliott who seems a bit good, but no, lets go blow all that dosh, in the first season back after missing out on about £100 million in match day income.

Yep and another was disappointed we've not built a dynasty of trophy wins under Jürgen after winning the PL.  It was a season ago FFS how many trophies have we missed?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #31801 on: August 31, 2021, 08:50:19 pm »
And it’s a worse place for it.
I’ve seen some wild calls recently, some that go against the very essence of what supporting this club is about.
Rather than learn and try to understand, they double down on their belief that they know best.

The very pithy nature of Twitter format makes the doubling down so much more prevalent.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #31802 on: August 31, 2021, 08:52:36 pm »
Funnily enough I was only thinking that earlier after reading some of the drivel posted in the transfer thread. 

They'd never have survived the summer but it was also different then as players were sold and bought all through the season.

If RAWK was to have colonic irrigation, the tube would go in the transfer thread. Give over reading it years ago, 99% utter shite and cryarsing
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31803 on: August 31, 2021, 08:54:19 pm »
If RAWK was to have colonic irrigation, the tube would go in the transfer thread. Give over reading it years ago, 99% utter shite and cryarsing

😂

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31804 on: September 1, 2021, 07:55:36 am »
This place aint so bad if you leave the trolls be. If you ignore them, they'll eventually tire and leave. However, I think many prefer to try and put them straight on the spot, which of course only fuels the fire.

Anyway, this resonated with me..

An item priced at .99.

Say 8.99 . To me that just annoys, cheap psychology gimmick. I purposely avoid those that try that move unless the quality sets the item apart.

Yet this pricing move seems common, does it actually improve sales compared to listing it at 9?

I've even seen shops mark an item as an offer, but when I look more closely at the tag, I see that I only save half a pound! Most people just see the item marked as an offer and think they're saving a great deal. This kind of marketing should be illegal  :no
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #31805 on: September 1, 2021, 08:01:05 am »
An item priced at .99.

Say 8.99 . To me that just annoys, cheap psychology gimmick. I purposely avoid those that try that move unless the quality sets the item apart.

Yet this pricing move seems common, does it actually improve sales compared to listing it at 9?

Not only that.

Most of the commodities pay tax based on slabs.

So an 8.99 item would pay one slab and 9.00 would pay the immediate higher slab.

They strategise these pricings, not only to entice people into buying them, but also the highest possible pricing where they pay the lowest tax.

Imagine 9.99 and 10% tax and 10.00 and 11% tax. From the company's perspective, they pay 99c as tax in 1st case and 1.1 in the other.

As for petrol, even if they put 1.319 as the price, the end price to the customer is almost always 1.31. The 3rd digit after the decimal can be avoided altogether.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2021, 08:03:54 am by ChaChaMooMoo »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31806 on: September 1, 2021, 08:07:23 am »
My eldest hasn't backed up his Iphone since he got it, his younger brother thought it would be funny to keep fucking up the passcode until he managed to lock the thing, had to do a factory reset last night. Its a teens phone so nothing important on it, just the arsing about having to sort it out thats annoying.

Do wonder why you can't just unlock the phone via your apple account though?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31807 on: September 1, 2021, 08:14:30 am »
I've even seen shops mark an item as an offer, but when I look more closely at the tag, I see that I only save half a pound! Most people just see the item marked as an offer and think they're saving a great deal. This kind of marketing should be illegal  :no

People that buy something for no reason other than it's on offer do my head in. They don't want it, they don't need it, they don't use it, but because it's on offer they think they've saved money. Completely oblivious to the fact that if they didn't buy it, they would have saved even more money.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31808 on: September 1, 2021, 08:37:53 am »
People that buy something for no reason other than it's on offer do my head in. They don't want it, they don't need it, they don't use it, but because it's on offer they think they've saved money. Completely oblivious to the fact that if they didn't buy it, they would have saved even more money.

I used to work with a woman whose husband would buy tins of stewed steak every time he went shopping,neither of them liked it but he kept insisting that it was 'on offer'.
They ended up with so much of it she had to store it in the greenhouse.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #31809 on: September 1, 2021, 08:37:57 am »

They are the type of people who know (or want to know) the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31810 on: September 1, 2021, 10:58:48 am »
Walking down Princes Avenue yesterday and a guy waited until he was going right past me before letting out a right wet hack of a cough.  Felt like fucking belting him.  It was utterly deserted - couldn't he have waited another three fucking seconds to put ten feet between us??
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #31811 on: September 1, 2021, 11:00:15 am »

I've been sort of guilty of this in the past. Not so much 'just buy because it's on offer even though I'll never use it' but more 'oooh, I reckon that might come in handy' then it's sat in the cupboard/freezer for years (or, if non-food, is still sat on a shelf in the garage).

I tend to go in the supermarket at around the time they reduce the fruit & veg, meat, bakery, etc, not intentionally, but because it's after work finishes. You see the same people scouring the reduced-to-clear stuff every time, piling stuff into their trollies. They either have huge, huge families and eat like Henry VIII each night, or walk-in freezers piled to the rafters. And woe betide if you try to inch your way in to nab a bargain - the regulars have very sharp elbows and a telepathic understanding between themselves to keep non-regulars out.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #31812 on: September 1, 2021, 11:03:24 am »
They are the type of people who know (or want to know) the price of everything but the value of nothing.

That was said about The Thatcher and was the the most apt use of the phrase. The fucking evil hag. (might have been Healey or Benn who said it)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31813 on: September 1, 2021, 12:43:04 pm »
People who see you've bought something new like a car or booked to go on holiday and immediately ask how much it cost. That's just plain rude manners, if I want you to know how much I paid I'll tell you myself.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31814 on: September 1, 2021, 12:47:53 pm »
People who see you've bought something new like a car or booked to go on holiday and immediately ask how much it cost. That's just plain rude manners, if I want you to know how much I paid I'll tell you myself.

Likewise people who insist on telling you how much they paid for something.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31815 on: September 1, 2021, 12:48:30 pm »

I don’t really think that’s rude. They’re items for sale to the public. It would be rude to ask how much you received in an inheritance, but not how much a car or holiday cost.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31816 on: September 1, 2021, 12:56:30 pm »
I don’t really think that’s rude. They’re items for sale to the public. It would be rude to ask how much you received in an inheritance, but not how much a car or holiday cost.

Lets be honest, probably 9 times out of 10, those people are just being nosey and want to see what your social status is.

A friends mother is always at it with her neighbours, and then slagging them off behind their backs....how can they afford that?  i bet its on finance etc etc

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31817 on: September 1, 2021, 12:59:11 pm »

I would say it is a bit rude. Holidays can vary a lot in price depending on your budget, and someone might feel awkward about telling people they could only afford a cheap no frills holiday, or conversely might not want to look like they are showing off by how fancy a holiday they are going on etc.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31818 on: September 1, 2021, 01:11:51 pm »
I said it because I bought a new car and the first thing this woman asked me was how much I paid for it. Me personally wouldn't do that. I'd ask about the specs of the car, interior features etc. And she's known to be one of those who craves social status and makes everything a competition. Case in point we went to Edinburgh for a week. As soon as she found out, she went as well even though she probably knows nothing about the city.

I would say it is a bit rude. Holidays can vary a lot in price depending on your budget, and someone might feel awkward about telling people they could only afford a cheap no frills holiday, or conversely might not want to look like they are showing off by how fancy a holiday they are going on etc.
This. One of my relatives went on holiday few years ago (first one they've had in over 10 years) and my wife inadvertantly asked how much it cost, you could see the immediate embarrassment on their faces as they hesitated to answer, could tell it was a budget holiday.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31819 on: September 1, 2021, 01:17:45 pm »
Likewise people who insist on telling you how much they paid for something.

Our next door neighbour's like that.Her husband's supposed to be changing jobs soon and a couple of months back she was telling me how much he'd be earning in the sort tone I'd reserve for talking about a severed limb that had grown back within a week.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #31820 on: September 1, 2021, 01:27:25 pm »
I said it because I bought a new car and the first thing this woman asked me was how much I paid for it. Me personally wouldn't do that. I'd ask about the specs of the car, interior features etc. And she's known to be one of those who craves social status and makes everything a competition. Case in point we went to Edinburgh for a week. As soon as she found out, she went as well even though she probably knows nothing about the city.
This. One of my relatives went on holiday few years ago (first one they've had in over 10 years) and my wife inadvertantly asked how much it cost, you could see the immediate embarrassment on their faces as they hesitated to answer, could tell it was a budget holiday.

Jesus wept
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31821 on: September 1, 2021, 02:24:42 pm »

I remember being in a travel agents with an ex years ago, some young woman was booking a Butlins break and my ex was all like "imagine only being able to book Butlins". Fucking pissed me off as when I was a kid I'd have loved a week at Butlins, we never went away we were that fucking skint.

Or, as the wifes fucking mother used to do, she'd find out what people paid for the same holiday we were on and say "oh, they only paid £250 when you paid £600" or some such shite.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31822 on: September 1, 2021, 02:25:36 pm »
I only book budget holidays, but that's probably because I'm a tight arse..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #31823 on: September 1, 2021, 02:29:00 pm »
Jesus wept

Agreed, if a friend made me feel bad, or making snide digs at me behind my back, for going on a budget holiday, i'd be choosing new friends [neighbours is a bit harder, but i'd be ignoring them] , not everyone can't afford to stay in a 4/5 star hotel, & some just want basic digs with a bed & breakfast.

I often do budget away days mostly one or 2 nights, i'm planning a trip to London in October for the NFL game, most likely stay somewhere like a Travelodge for a couple of nights rather than a plush hotel
#Sausages

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #31824 on: September 1, 2021, 02:53:53 pm »

I think it depends. There are people like that I'd not e entertain.

If a friend or relative was asking and I knew it was more of a "oh I'm thinking of going there/getting that. How much?"

For those nosey arseholes I'd say something daft like £20

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #31825 on: September 1, 2021, 03:05:59 pm »
Agreed, if a friend made me feel bad, or making snide digs at me behind my back, for going on a budget holiday, i'd be choosing new friends [neighbours is a bit harder, but i'd be ignoring them] , not everyone can't afford to stay in a 4/5 star hotel, & some just want basic digs with a bed & breakfast.

I often do budget away days mostly one or 2 nights, i'm planning a trip to London in October for the NFL game, most likely stay somewhere like a Travelodge for a couple of nights rather than a plush hotel

We went to Trentham last Thursday and Friday and stopped over in a Premier Inn , was something like £30 a night . Can't go wrong

My 10 year old  daughter loves Premier Inns but not Travelodge for some bizarre reason  ;D

If we go anywhere for a few days in the UK the majority of the time we will pick a premier inn
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31826 on: September 1, 2021, 03:11:31 pm »
I think it depends. There are people like that I'd not e entertain.

If a friend or relative was asking and I knew it was more of a "oh I'm thinking of going there/getting that. How much?"

For those nosey arseholes I'd say something daft like £20

Oh yeah it defintely depends on who it is. My best mates I would ask without feeling rude, and wouldn't be bothered if they asked me.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #31827 on: September 1, 2021, 03:12:59 pm »
We went to Trentham last Thursday and Friday and stopped over in a Premier Inn , was something like £30 a night . Can't go wrong

My 10 year old  daughter loves Premier Inns but not Travelodge for some bizarre reason  ;D

If we go anywhere for a few days in the UK the majority of the time we will pick a premier inn

I've found Travelodges can be a bit hit and miss. Some of them are very tired and need some TLC.

By and large premier inns are well maintained

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #31828 on: September 1, 2021, 03:15:47 pm »

I'm not too bothered as long as it's in my price range, as i've been looking at Premier Inn & they've gone a bit pricy since Covid hit, so i'm looking at Travelodge instead & seen one that's on Wembley High Road for £55 for a single person for 2 nights, which might book when i get cash on Friday, or might go to a Central London one, there's one at Farringdon that looks decent. There's a Travelodge in Wood Green that's now £240 for those  2 nights, give that a swerve, there

#Sausages

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31829 on: September 1, 2021, 04:29:43 pm »
Jesus wept

Eh? I think you both read that all wrong. He was just saying his wife innocently asked the question but then they immediately realized she had put the less well-off relatives in an uncomfortable spot.

There's nothing wrong with asking how much someone paid for a holiday, if you're just trying to get a sense of whether it might be an option for you. You seem to be assuming she was pulling some Hyacinth Bucket power move which is a pretty unkind assumption

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31830 on: September 1, 2021, 04:32:57 pm »
Yeah I read it like Mumm-Ra tells it too.

I think the lad above was just highlighting that by asking how much something costs (as his wife did), could potentially put people in an uncomfortable position.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31831 on: September 1, 2021, 04:49:15 pm »
I've found Travelodges can be a bit hit and miss. Some of them are very tired and need some TLC.

By and large premier inns are well maintained

The Travelodge at Euston is a fucking dump, we stayed there couple of years ago, should have paid the extra for the Premier Inn as I've stayed there when on a course next to Euston and its decent. The rooms were clean but no bar area and the dining room was just a weird room with shit chairs. Loads of fighting outside during the night too, luckily we couldn't hear it from our room, but another family got no sleep.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #31832 on: September 1, 2021, 05:06:55 pm »
Eh? I think you both read that all wrong. He was just saying his wife innocently asked the question but then they immediately realized she had put the less well-off relatives in an uncomfortable spot.

There's nothing wrong with asking how much someone paid for a holiday, if you're just trying to get a sense of whether it might be an option for you. You seem to be assuming she was pulling some Hyacinth Bucket power move which is a pretty unkind assumption

I may have miss interpreted the post but it did come across with those last few words has having a dig at someone who went on a budget holiday.

No one should be embarrassed finding a place for a holiday as cheaply as possible & making there money go further, not everyone wants to stay in a luxury hotel at £200 a night plus, how many go to likes of Spain, Portugal & the Med for a few days & get prices as cheaply as possible, i very rarely stay in a hotel & B&B when i go away for the night, my stay is on the night buses when i go to London.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31833 on: September 1, 2021, 05:14:44 pm »
I may have miss interpreted the post but it did come across with those last few words has having a dig at someone who went on a budget holiday.

No one should be embarrassed finding a place for a holiday as cheaply as possible & making there money go further, not everyone wants to stay in a luxury hotel at £200 a night plus, how many go to likes of Spain, Portugal & the Med for a few days & get prices as cheaply as possible, i very rarely stay in a hotel & B&B when i go away for the night, my stay is on the night buses when i go to London.

The way I read it was that the person who was being asked was embarrassed because a budget holiday was all they could afford and he felt his wife put them on the spot by asking the cost.

I agree that no-one should feel embarrassed about a holiday, its how you spend the time and the quality of what you do, not the cost, but this society we live in is full of fuckers who will make others embarrassed by the money they have to spend.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #31834 on: September 1, 2021, 05:21:28 pm »

LOL yeah it is annoying. And then proceeds to give their expert opinion on how you could've gotten a better deal on some other car model or other destination.

I hate it when I tell someone I bought something, and their first question is either "why did you do that" or "how much did it cost".

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31835 on: September 1, 2021, 05:26:38 pm »
I may have miss interpreted the post

No, you DID misinterpret the post

Edit: added a ... :)

« Last Edit: September 1, 2021, 05:28:14 pm by Buck Pete »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31836 on: September 1, 2021, 06:26:57 pm »
Yeah my post was kind of misinterpreted. I'm definitely not well-off or having a dig at them, it's just that they have three kids and we have none so our financial situations are completely different. For me, a holiday's a holiday whether it's Butlins or Bali.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #31837 on: September 1, 2021, 06:34:06 pm »
For me, a holiday's a holiday whether it's Butlins or Bali.

And everyone's shitfaced if Rob's Missus is along... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31838 on: September 1, 2021, 07:11:53 pm »
And everyone's shitfaced if Rob's Missus is along... ;)

:lmao

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31839 on: September 1, 2021, 08:50:10 pm »
Disinformation by anti-vaxers

Just get fucking vaccinated unless you have a medical condition that says otherwise or are too young

Some of these people.
They will happily get vaccinated for all kinds of shit to go on holiday to far off obscure places etc,
But get the covid vaccine, no I do t believe in vaccinations

Fuck off

But lately every little thing is starting to piss me off. Must be age