Author Topic: David Moores  (Read 123347 times)

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: David Moores
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2010, 03:41:59 pm »
One is an ongoing legal issue with Liverpool F.C.
Is it possible to know what this is? either by post on here or PM?
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2010, 03:46:58 pm »
How do you keep an Idiot in suspense.

That's what it feels like to me.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »
How do you keep an Idiot in suspense.

That's what it feels like to me.
Mike your Paranoid

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2010, 03:55:19 pm »
Why was Parry there? Did Moores bring him along as the PR man?
Football is a lie

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2010, 03:55:44 pm »
To be fair to Moores I am not sure what he can be expected to say now other than that things have not worked out as he had anticipated, or hoped.

The G&H out campaign always founders on the "what happens next" point. Simply bad mouthing the new owners will achieve nothing.

However if he were prepared to act as a figurehead  around which an alternative regime could gather, that would be useful.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »
Interesting read..

cheers Lyndsey ..

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2010, 04:02:31 pm »
parry works there.  He does his clown thing for first communion parties.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline kermit^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2010, 04:07:03 pm »

To be the ultimate scapegoat in case the conversation turn rough. Point finger to RP and run for taxi.
LFC (Liverpool F*ck-up Cycle):
1. new owner(s) says all the right things to win us over
2. give the mgr some money to spend
3. refinance the club with debts behind our back
4. got found out by us
5. sale process all over again
*meanwhile during the cycle, we'll be around mid-table challenging for 4th spot.

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »
Maybe this is why Hicks said that there will be spending this summer, because invenstment is close. God knows he wont spend some of his own money.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2010, 04:19:30 pm »
Legal issues .....

Any body care to guess what they are..

1.Yanks not fulling their promises in the contract of sale. ?
2.Gagging order  ?

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2010, 04:23:26 pm »
if only there was some buy back clause when they sold it, as a kind of insurance policy.

The reality is moores could have put the club into £300 million pounds worth of debt but actually built a stadium with the money. It says a lot about moores ability to take risks and business acumen that firstly the club was been touted around so cheaply and the lack of investment that he could find especially bearing in mind the fact we were recently crowned champions of europe. Parry was probably a big part in this.

Obviously Hicks and Gillette need to go but it shows what potential this club had/has (in terms of shirt sponsorship etc) when someone is running the business side and knows what they are doing.

Hicks and gillette's greed is what is killing the club and probably preventing any further investment for now but things could have been so different if Moores had the balls to take the club further.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:24:57 pm by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2010, 04:25:23 pm »
Legal issues .....

2.Gagging order  ?

That would be my guess and maybe why he has had to resort to meeting with the fans.

Subtle hints here and there untill the terms of the gagging order become redundant, i.e a set period of time or untill they become minority shareholders or not involved with the club at all, or the stadium is underway with all contracts signed and seeled.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2010, 04:29:20 pm »
I doubt its a gagging order to be honest, as he wouldnt of signed one when selling the club as no need to, and I certainly doubt he would of agreed to sign one when he left.

My guess would be its to do with issues involving the 'promises' made during the sale of the club, along with certain actions since the sale that made his position untenable and forcing him out of the club.

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:26 pm »
Good effort Lyndsey..................any news when the purslow interview will be posted?

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »
Thanks for that Lyndsey, very interesting. Also fair play to Moores for seeing you, he could have told you where to go.

Legal issues .....

2.Gagging order  ?

I would have thought that it would be the latter. When he left the board I imagine he would have had to have signed a confidentiality agreement covering him for a certain period of time. Slagging off the owners in public could be seen as a breach of that.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2010, 04:36:12 pm »
When he sold the club, and was the major benficiary, he would certainly have signed a confidentiality agreement. When he resigned as a Director he will also have entered into a confidentiality agreement.He is still Hon Life President, with which there will be certain responsibilities. Not only is there very little that he can say if he wanted to over and beyond "oops", even if he wanted to he is heavily restricted.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2010, 04:36:12 pm »
Legal issues .....

2.Gagging order  ?
My guess is that it has something to do with moores being downgraded in corporate.  Apparently he was moved to one of the general corporate areas rather than up were the board would sit.  Not really clear on what exactly happened then though. 

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2010, 04:39:55 pm »
My guess is that it has something to do with moores being downgraded in corporate.  Apparently he was moved to one of the general corporate areas rather than up were the board would sit.  Not really clear on what exactly happened then though. 
I don't think so. The Directors Box and suite has limited space and is a privelege which you relinquish, along with other perks, when you cease to become a Director, no shock there.The actual Directors area itself is pretty unexciting. Steve Morgan regularly watched games, and entertained from his box by choice when he was a Director.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2010, 04:41:34 pm »
I don't think so. The Directors Box and suite has limited space and is a privelege which you relinquish, along with other perks, when you cease to become a Director, no shock there.The actual Directors area itself is pretty unexciting. Steve Morgan regularly watched games, and entertained from his box by choice when he was a Director.

But he sat in there since he relinquished his role the all of a sudden he was booted out allegedly.  Its not exactly used by hicks or Gillette either. 

Offline eljay

• Main Stander
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:24 pm »

Didn't think Steve Morgan was ever a director. Owned about 5% of the shares but was never given a place on the board (I believe) - a major source of irritation for him.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2010, 04:55:17 pm »
Hmm, wonder what that's all about.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2010, 04:59:03 pm »
Thanks for that Lyndsey, very interesting. Also fair play to Moores for seeing you, he could have told you where to go.

it wasnt me mate it was some fella's from another forum.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »
Didn't think Steve Morgan was ever a director. Owned about 5% of the shares but was never given a place on the board (I believe) - a major source of irritation for him.

You are quite right.He had access to the Directors Box, but was not a Director, thank you for correcting me.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »
You are obviously a family friend (or want to be)

Moores was a disaster.  He ran the club for a long time and never brought the club forward anywhere near as far as many of its peers (some weren't even peers when he took over).  He also brought in a very poor managing director in Rick Parry who appears to have been a glorified mid level accountant.  The nail in the coffin is the fact that after a long and laborious search for a buyer, he managed to sell to a couple of leveraged buy-out merchants who were destined from day one to screw the club over.

No not at all

We didn't grow the commercial side under his leadership

Where were the shareholders? They should have been screaming.

When he did the decent thing and sold up - people want to blame him for what happened next.

If you sell your house, do you have any control over what the buyers do to it?

I'm no big fan of Moores and Parry - I wasn't  a fan of those that went before and don't expect to like those who follow H&G either.

Fairs, fair - blame him (and Parry) for what happened on his shift.

Some of the posters seem to be fixated on Moores & Parry. Some of the uninformed shite that's been posted is a disgrace.

Time to move on
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2010, 11:14:49 pm »
1. Didnt he get a seat as part of his deal with the yanks?
2. Control, no...but an influential voice, yes....but I suppose its not nice to say bad things to people who gave you a good few bank notes
3. Under Moore Liverpool never won the league....mmh?

1. & 2.  Yes - but it was largely an honorary/advisory seat on the board and wasn't really ever going to be all that influential

3. Absolutely, but look at any other big business. If the company is not performing, the SHAREHOLDERS demand and usually get significant change. Until the time when it was obvious to even the most financially naive of us that our business wasn't being properly where were the mass protests from the then shareholders?

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2010, 12:01:11 am »
We didn't grow the commercial side under his leadership.Where were the shareholders? They should have been screaming.When he did the decent thing and sold up - people want to blame him for what happened next.If you sell your house, do you have any control over what the buyers do to it?I'm no big fan of Moores and Parry - I wasn't  a fan of those that went before and don't expect to like those who follow H&G either.Fairs, fair - blame him (and Parry) for what happened on his shift.Some of the posters seem to be fixated on Moores & Parry. Some of the uninformed shite that's been posted is a disgrace.Time to move on

A good post. There is no mileage in a M&P witch hunt. I think that the frustartion of being unable to shape the future is causing many to rake over the past.

Moores can quite reasonably say that the club never recovered form the post heysel/hillsborough hangovers, he realised he wasn't the man to take the club forwards, and sold in good faith. And that is pretty much it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2010, 12:09:14 am »
A good post. There is no mileage in a M&P witch hunt. I think that the frustartion of being unable to shape the future is causing many to rake over the past.

Moores can quite reasonably say that the club never recovered form the post heysel/hillsborough hangovers, he realised he wasn't the man to take the club forwards, and sold in good faith. And that is pretty much it.

Yep this is a fair call.  The only mileage out of pursuing Moores is to get him to come out and criticise the owners and in effect 'eat humble pie'.  I'm sure he regrets the way things have turned out.  But short of him being involved in a consortium that can realistically afford to buy out the current then it's pointless making him the focus of efforts.  However fair play to those that got an audience with him and posed the questions.

However we need to move on and concentrate on the current problems.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2010, 12:10:20 am »
Where were the shareholders? They should have been screaming.

Hate to break this to you, Sweetie, but some of the shareholders did scream (albeit about another issue), and we were advised very firmly (although not in the following exact terms it has to be said), that Davie had 51%, what he says goes, and if anyone doesn't like it they can go toss themselves. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2010, 12:50:15 am »
Hate to break this to you, Sweetie, but some of the shareholders did scream (albeit about another issue), and we were advised very firmly (although not in the following exact terms it has to be said), that Davie had 51%, what he says goes, and if anyone doesn't like it they can go toss themselves. 

What took you so long  :wave

I'm absolutely right on this one.

I concede that you and a few others on here were eventually quite loud in complaining, but this should have started in the '70's not (as it appears to me) in the wake of GH's departure.

If you believed the "he's got 51%" excuse then you were very very badly misled.

There are very many examples of minority shareholders forcing the issue.

The unfortunate fact is that the shareholders on here who might react to what I've said are the small minority who did care enough to kick up a fuss. And I respect that.

Unfortunately when times were good, not enough were looking at the big picture;and even fewer realised their potential power.

Offline hyper bar kid

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2010, 02:38:32 am »
In the words of our manager, Fact,  The  arabs only wanted to take time for due care and diligence, fact judas  moores and parry screwed  our club, and sold us down the river to a pair of crooks, they dont give a fuck about us as they are too busy counting their loot, moores and parry should be lynched, :no :no :no :no
The smile of the season from emlyn hughes,the team of the season,and the trophy of the season,belongs to liverpool football club.

Offline Super MAC

• ....and a nice pair of trousers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2010, 09:48:00 am »
to say thats simplistic would be to simplistic
All governments are lying cocksuckers - Bill Hicks

Offline xerxes1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2010, 10:07:20 am »
To say that's simplistic would be too simplistic

Correct.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2010, 10:23:54 am »
to say thats simplistic would be to simplistic

as well as being factually incorrect

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2010, 11:09:52 am »
In the words of our manager, Fact,  The  arabs only wanted to take time for due care and diligence, fact judas  moores and parry screwed  our club, and sold us down the river to a pair of crooks, they dont give a fuck about us as they are too busy counting their loot, moores and parry should be lynched, :no :no :no :no

FACT

i lost what respect i had for those two plus one other when they turned up nearly halfway into the Service of Remembrance for Emlyn Hughes at Sheffield Cathedral immediately prior to his funeral, the three of them ended up sitting directly in the row in front of me and sat next to a soldier.  The other director was around 70 years old, snow white hair, dont know his name,  cant be arsed searching.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »

it doesn't appear he added anything to the conversation from the summary posted, so at least he's consistent.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2010, 11:48:47 pm »
latest news on this:

So you all know myself and Mick recently had a unplanned talk to David Moores at the gates of his home. As a result of this a further meeting took place yesterday at the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral Cafe. (Paddy's Wigwam)
Present at the meeting were Myself, Mick, Kev Sampson, David Moores and Rick Parry.

Although both Mick and I were completely upfront about our views of both DM's and RP's role in the sale, the tone of the meeting was positive and we left feeling cautiously optimistic. We started by underlining our anger and frustrations at the situation the club is now in, and how we come to be in such a state. We let it be known to DM that he'd made terrible error of judgement in selling to G+H and David Moores agreed with us. In the meeting at his house, as well as today he said he felt personally let down, but more importantly the fans had been let down as a result of Gillett and Hicks' takeover.

We asked DM why he'd not been more vocal in his condemnation of how the club is now being run and why as of yet, he's not made public the reasons that he ultimately decided to sell the club. DM said he will definitely make a full and frank statment but two things are currently holding him back. One is an ongoing legal issue with Liverpool F.C. The other is that he's been led to believe that investment is very close and he doesn't want to jeopardise any potential sale or be blamed for driving investors away.

We reminded DM that G+H have been looking for investment since the day they arrived so why should us fans believe that any new investment is forthcoming. We suggested that given the track record of G+H, and the false promises they have made, particularly involving the new stadium that this reported new investment may just be another red herring. DM said that he was as frustrated as us fans. He felt let down at the way the situation at the club had developed but now would not be the right time to speak out. He went on to say that since resigning his position at the club he has not been to Anfield.

We brought up several areas where we felt that both DM and RP could be proactive in aiding the removal of Hicks and Gillett, but due to the sensitive nature of what was being requested we can't go into detail about these. It's common knowledge that this is an open forum, and it would be shooting ourselves in the foot to say too much more at this point.

Overall, we appreciated them coming out to meet us. We felt they could have, and still can do more. But we have certainly come away thinking it was a worthwhile conversation that may well have a positive outcome further down the line.

most excellent work.  looking forward to further installments.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2010, 12:12:57 am »
Moores is a prick who sold us out to the two yank carpet-baggers. Feel sorry for him!!?? Fuck off! What a fucking laugh that is!

"not in the best of health"

So what? I'm fucking sure he can afford BUPA the Judas bastard.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2010, 09:24:51 am »
i always like ironic coincidences so as the thread above this when i look at the list is called Shoot on sight , well I laughed! :P :P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:27:30 am by geoffstrong »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline RAOTW

• Main Stander
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2010, 02:30:12 pm »
latest news on this:

So you all know myself and Mick recently had a unplanned talk to David Moores at the gates of his home. As a result of this a further meeting took place yesterday at the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral Cafe. (Paddy's Wigwam)
Present at the meeting were Myself, Mick, Kev Sampson, David Moores and Rick Parry.

Although both Mick and I were completely upfront about our views of both DM's and RP's role in the sale, the tone of the meeting was positive and we left feeling cautiously optimistic. We started by underlining our anger and frustrations at the situation the club is now in, and how we come to be in such a state. We let it be known to DM that he'd made terrible error of judgement in selling to G+H and David Moores agreed with us. In the meeting at his house, as well as today he said he felt personally let down, but more importantly the fans had been let down as a result of Gillett and Hicks' takeover.

We asked DM why he'd not been more vocal in his condemnation of how the club is now being run and why as of yet, he's not made public the reasons that he ultimately decided to sell the club. DM said he will definitely make a full and frank statment but two things are currently holding him back. One is an ongoing legal issue with Liverpool F.C. The other is that he's been led to believe that investment is very close and he doesn't want to jeopardise any potential sale or be blamed for driving investors away.

We reminded DM that G+H have been looking for investment since the day they arrived so why should us fans believe that any new investment is forthcoming. We suggested that given the track record of G+H, and the false promises they have made, particularly involving the new stadium that this reported new investment may just be another red herring. DM said that he was as frustrated as us fans. He felt let down at the way the situation at the club had developed but now would not be the right time to speak out. He went on to say that since resigning his position at the club he has not been to Anfield.

We brought up several areas where we felt that both DM and RP could be proactive in aiding the removal of Hicks and Gillett, but due to the sensitive nature of what was being requested we can't go into detail about these. It's common knowledge that this is an open forum, and it would be shooting ourselves in the foot to say too much more at this point.

Overall, we appreciated them coming out to meet us. We felt they could have, and still can do more. But we have certainly come away thinking it was a worthwhile conversation that may well have a positive outcome further down the line.

Still a pair of lying fuck faces even now probably getting some cash out of any new investment should of poisoned the twats! still even now nothing it was worth a try but we need to publicly shame the bastards! for their crimes against LFC!

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2010, 05:02:36 pm »
Moores has got 88 million reasons to keep quiet as thats the amount he made more from selling to Hicks and GG